• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Vol 9 General Discussion Thread: Multiverse Of Therapy

New RWBY DC comic is out.

Turns out that Lex traveled to Remnant and made a deal with Salem. He would get some of her powers to introduce Grimm to DC Earth, creating portals where they can enter into the world. He specifically throws out the concept of multiverses as well. Also, Superman gets infected with The Chill and is going to fight Team RWBY next issue.

New RWBY DC comic is out.

Turns out that Lex traveled to Remnant and made a deal with Salem. He would get some of her powers to introduce Grimm to DC Earth, creating portals where they can enter into the world. He specifically throws out the concept of multiverses as well. Also, Superman gets infected with The Chill and is going to fight Team RWBY next issue.
There's something about the way that Salem is drawn in the comic that just seems....uncanny, for some reason. Still I'm a bit bummed that it was Lex who made the deal with Salem, would've been cool if it was another DC villian that had similar goals to Salem and wanted to kill two birds with one stone.

can you show us an image of her?
Screenshot_20230523-134608.png
Now admittedly I think the proportions are fine, it's just the way they stretch her mouth that's uncanny to me. Though this may be an unpopular take, but I don't think RWBY in general doesn't look good in a western comic art style.

Screenshot_20230523-134608.png
Now admittedly I think the proportions are fine, it's just the way they stretch her mouth that's uncanny to me. Though this may be an unpopular take, but I don't think RWBY in general doesn't look good in a western comic art style.
and you call that uncanny?
i watched Mandela Catalogue, this is nothing in comparison

What new Quote should be on Ruby's profile?

"Why are you asking me? […] Because I'm the leader? Because I'm just supposed to have something to say? 'Cause I don't. I mean, why do I have to be the leader, anyway? Why do I have to always be the one to pick people up? What about me? "No time", right? "Gotta get home"! "Gotta help Jaune"! "Gotta find someone who isn't just gonna screw everything up"! "Gotta stay positive", right?! Smiles all around! [to Blake and Yang] Maybe even finally get our feelings sorted out! Good for you, by the way. We’re all SO happy for you! […] I’m sorry, is this a bad time? Are we supposed to be mourning Jaune's make-believe friends?!"

Or

"I wanted to be the hero, like the stories that my mom read to me. I just wanted to do the right thing but every step of the way it's like- it's like there is no right thing. I tried so hard. And I may have done more harm than good. I don't understand who I need to be because who I am now, she's not cutting it."

So, one of the problems prevelent to the Raven storm feat I've found was that we don't know where the base of the mountain is at. It's based on guess work. But I found these two screenshots of behind the scenes footage of Raven's camp and, in the distance the mountains. We see for the most part that the land between them is flat. Could this be used in a calc?

@TheRustyOne How would you feel about a calc using the mountains base based on the WIP screenshots I put above. That way, we wouldn’t have to worry about the horizon of trees blocking the base and be able to more accurately measure the height.

I just realized something.
Even if we don’t know the percentage of power Ozma had left when he did the split, we do know that, at the bare minimum, it was split five ways. And the only people who’s power was drained by the split over time was Ozma.
So, logically, any feats done by the maidens in the modern day can be applied to Salem five times over.
As she was equal to prime Ozma in their bout.
We could use it for casual feats done by the maidens in the future.
Like for Jaune taking the blast by Salem and living.

Man…if we just had a bit more context I think we could upgrade the two brother’s conceptual manipulation to type 2. Which would be big.

Cause you know how the tree controlled basically the cycle of reincarnation? Well it seems like the two brothers controlled the cycles to life and death in the main universe which made me wonder if they created those concepts as we know them just like the tree was the creator and manipulator of the reincarnation cycle in RWBY.

I'm just going to nip this in the bud. Look no one reacts relative to Ascension light. I'll show you when it hits them. It's literally when they are illuminated and shadows are being created behind them. It works like normal light and hits them instantly. The blast isn't normal light or at least it doesn't move the same speed.

Screenshot_20230604_122242.jpg
Screenshot_20230604_122259.jpg

I'm just going to nip this in the bud. Look no one reacts relative to Ascension light. I'll show you when it hits them. It's literally when they are illuminated and shadows are being created behind them. It works like normal light and hits them instantly. The blast isn't normal light or at least it doesn't move the same speed.

It’s a shame but I have to agree.

It’s a shame but I have to agree.

Well rip
Well there's still the other stuff

One thing to note is that Hazel is capable of injecting multiple dust crystals into himself and living. Same dust that can block a bloodlusted magic blast from Salem.

Would that change some things in terms of scaling?
Hmm... If you can get the exact value of Salem's bloodlusted magic blast and divide it by how many dust crystals Hazel injected into himself, you probably get a new value for a single dust crystal and could possibly scale it to Hazel? Idk, Am spitting, Atm.

Back