• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m gonna see if I can get a calc for Oscar’s energy shield tanking the blast since Cinder did destroy it in volume 3, if it gets lower than the nuke we can use that to scale the maidens to. If it’s too strong then we can stick to Low 7-C

I think he calculated it with the wrong feat. If I’m reading it right he based Oscar’s durability on the nuke (explaining the multiple interpretations that line up with the colors used on the nuke calc). The nuke has nothing to do to Oscar there should only be one end from the Long Memory feat.

If you guys wanna comment on the calc, go for it, if it doesn't get accepted, we can still rely on the Low 7-C calc for Cinder. Either way, I'm gonna go through the pages, and add whatever's accepted.

I think he calculated it with the wrong feat. If I’m reading it right he based Oscar’s durability on the nuke (explaining the multiple interpretations that line up with the colors used on the nuke calc). The nuke has nothing to do to Oscar there should only be one end from the Long Memory feat.
Oh? I wasn't told this.

Granted I know nothing about RWBY, I was only told to make an inverse-square law of Oscar's shield so...

EDIT: Ah ****, I forgot to specify that the 554351.5 tons of TNT variant is the actual feat of the Long Memory (Which I already have the end calculated for there as well). I'll fix it and remove the colors ends.

EDIT 2: FIXED.

Ok so the maidens, ozpin and salem got downgraded

However we need to wait for the calc to get accepted to possibly upgrade them to town level

That's fine by me, I already got all the changes made for the pages that are accepted, if the calc doesn't get accepted by Rusty or is considered inconsistent then we can close this thread, if not I'll add it to Oscar and the Maiden's page.

We don't really know how the Long Memory Blast worked, but I guess that is fine. That he "threw" or "detonated" the blast to where Salem and Hazel were.

However I personally don't see why Cinder should fully scale, when we never actually see her break his barrier. Cinder killing Ozpin, doesn't mean she can break through his barrier, there can be other possibilities.

At best I can only agree to a possibly rating, since these are working off of an assumption, not something shown in the show. If we ever somehow see their fight again, and it shows she did or didn't break his shield, then obviously we can change the rating to whatever.

Unless I just forgot a scene of her breaking his barrier already exist... am I?

Also, possibly 8-B has got to go.

Unless there is some kind of multiplier I'm not remembering Upscaling to 8-B is impossible for a gap this big. The High 8-C+ calc is 6.68 Tons, that is a gap greater than 1.6X (11 Tons), that is too big to allow upscaling to 8-B. I've seen staff members state that even a gap of 1.5X is way too big.

Also some characters have "stronger' keys, even though nothing in universes implies that they've gotten stronger whatsoever. There are a lot of issues with these profiles, though I'm not certain if that should be dealt in this thread nor do I want to get into myself.

Just letting people know.

I put the 8-B there as a pseudo place holder since they did get stronger, but if you think the 8-B rating should go I can remove it when I get the time.

That's fine by me, I already got all the changes made for the pages that are accepted, if the calc doesn't get accepted by Rusty or is considered inconsistent then we can close this thread, if not I'll add it to Oscar and the Maiden's page.
So I have some questions. I'm pretty busy with schoolwork right now and didn't have time to take a detailed look at the thread. But how come Oz was downgraded to tier 8? Even though he was killed by Cinder, he still matched her using the Maiden powers, even briefly stalemated her giant fire blast with his shield. Would he not still scale in this case?

Also, did you not say that the Maidens would not scale to Salem since Cinder fears her, yet they are going to be the same tier? Would she still not be higher? Anyway, I'd appreciate any explanations.

Salem's profile still says she's 5x maidens and Ozpin's said he split his power among them. So either the justifications should be changed or Ozpin would be town level in his prime because he would be around 15 kilotons (5 times higher than the practically 3 kilotons they scale to).

@SilentLyfe Ozpin still died in his confrontation with Cinder while the latter didn't seem fazed, so he wouldn't be comparable to them in the current state.

Salem upscales from the Maidens, that's the premise of her new rating, if it needs to be Low 7-C+ or 7-C let me know and I'll change it.

If Salem just upscales I believe she is close enough to be low 7-C+ and her description (and Ozpin's) would need to be changed.

Also if Ozpin doesn't scale to Cinder his first keys lifting strength should be Class K scaling above Ruby rather than the G it is now.

is there no Class M feat they scale to? I thought that was their second best LS feat?

No the Class M was rejected. Everyone is either Class K or G (except technically Glynda but her feat is through TK).

Well I know Rusty brought up earlier that most the people that are currently class G shouldn't be. But that hasn't really been touched on yet.

For everyone who currently doesn't scale to maidens: yes they are class k. (Honestly I'm interpreting your comment in two different ways. Can you word it slightly differently, like did you mean people should be downgraded or were you just asking what the next best lifting strength is?)

Rusty does make a point in that it isn't directly shown that Cinder broke Ozpins shield or that the shield wasn't as strong as it was when it was generated to thwart off the nuke.

Me personally, I think it's highly implied that the flash of light we see in their clash is the attack that broke the shield, especially when we see Cinder victorious and flying away very shortly after they started fighting, but if its not clear enough for a solid rating I am completely okay with possibly. This assumes it gets higher then Low 7C

The shield was already calculated. It's around 15 kilotons.
Thank you for correcting my dumbass for not checking the calc.

I do believe that maidens being 7C makes sense as Ozpin and Cinder would have to be around that level or Cinder would never break the shield but I can leave it at possibly

You can add the calc to Oscar's page for his forcefield, I'll try to get the other pages updated today.

Alright. I put it as Town level via forcefields for the both of them.

One thing I want to add, since this is about revisions, I believe the Gods should have Self Sustenance Type 1 and Resistance to Cosmic Radiation, since they're capable of travelling through space without issue.

Also, Aura in RWBY gives resistance to extreme cold such as surviving in Atlas without protective gear, with Weiss even saying it can kill in hours without it. Yet Salem, who not only does not have Aura that we know of and has no protective gear at all since her shoulders are exposed in her current outfit, is completely unfazed. So I think she should get that resistance too.

Last edited:
Unrelated to everything else, but with the new movement speed revision do the god brother’s scale to their flying feat. The God of Darkness both wasn’t in his normal state and only flew in a straight line during his feat. They don’t have to worry about running into anything because, as shown by the god of darkness, they’ll just plow through it. So is there any reason their reactions and combat speed should be FTL rather than unknown?

@SilentLyfe the extreme cold is a limited resistance at best since it doesn't last long and the extreme cold can drain their aura.
True, but Salem doesn't have Aura and is unfazed. So if they can get that resistance because their Aura protects them for a limited time, then at the very least she should also get it since she doesn't even have one.

Here she and Cinder are flying up above and away from Atlas as it crashes. Which as Atlas was a flying city and already high in the air should be an example of her not being fazed by extreme cold.

Not really sure if that counts. At best it seems like a possibly resistance given she’s not traveling in the snow for a while

I mean considering how high Atlas is from the ground, the fact that she was flying above that should count since not only are temperatures really low at that altitude, but the continent it was on is considered Remnant's most northern one. At the very least some type of resistance should be considered.

Clip

Last edited:
Atlas is also powered to the point they have heat. That’s like one of the main plot points in Volume 7 when Mantle’s heaters shut down. So her being on atlas doesn’t really mean much here. Like I said at best this is a possibly resistance, not a flat out resistance since it’s not clear cut on if she even went through the entirety of the cold or not.

Atlas is also powered to the point they have heat. That’s like one of the main plot points in Volume 7 when Mantle’s heaters shut down. So her being on atlas doesn’t really mean much here. Like I said at best this is a possibly resistance, not a flat out resistance since it’s not clear cut on if she even went through the entirety of the cold or not.
I'm not arguing about her getting it for being on Atlas, but flying above it where there is no heat at that altitude. Also, in that scene Atlas is already crashing so there is no heat even being powered in the city.

Ok but that alone doesn’t tell us resistance to extreme temperature. If she was on the snow for a while and is unfazed then sure, but that’s way too vague to argue resistance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back