• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Vol 9 General Discussion Thread: Multiverse Of Therapy

You know? Though I have no objective evidence to prove it, I like to now believe that the decison to cut this version of the Volume 9 epilogue was a result of higher ups at RT or whatever. There's no way you create the stills of what could've been and fully voice it over if you weren't going to use it in the end, it had to be higher up management or some rewrite which caused them to discard this whole thing.

I guess I'll be the first to share it, and spoiler tab because why not:

RDT_20230707_1831244664770957509277231.jpg

We got our first image for Part 2 of the Justice League x RWBY movie and as you can tell, it seems that Team RWBY and Team JNR I assume get transported to the DCU and team up with the Justice League again

I guess I'll be the first to share it, and spoiler tab because why not:

RDT_20230707_1831244664770957509277231.jpg

We got our first image for Part 2 of the Justice League x RWBY movie and as you can tell, it seems that Team RWBY and Team JNR I assume get transported to the DCU and team up with the Justice League again
Jesus Yang, her poor back

Jesus Yang, her poor back
Yeah the way it looks so far is definitely not so hot. Still I'd rather not judge harshly until they release the first trailer for the movie and I can only hope that it looks better when in motion rather then still.

Still the battle boarder inside of me hopes that since they're using the adult version of the Justice League, we get some nice scaling and feats.

Yeah the way it looks so far is definitely not so hot. Still I'd rather not judge harshly until they release the first trailer for the movie and I can only hope that it looks better when in motion rather then still.

Still the battle boarder inside of me hopes that since they're using the adult version of the Justice League, we get some nice scaling and feats.
Meh, its an animated film, it wouldnt scale to the mainline comics, we'd have to go by the feats in the movie itself unless we get confirmation that its connected to one of the other film series

Meh, its an animated film, it wouldnt scale to the mainline comics, we'd have to go by the feats in the movie itself unless we get confirmation that its connected to one of the other film series
I mean I don't expect the movie to scale to the comics but since Part 2 is taking place in the DC side of things, I just expect something worthwhile. Though that's obviously not the reason why I'm interested in this movie because I liked Part 1 for what it was doing and I hope them being in the DCU gives the writers more visual and narrative freedom.

Also, an official hashtag campaign has been launched to greenlight volume 10.

Ngl, this is a sad look for the franchise.

And that JL crossover promo pic is weird. They could've touched it up, especially since the success of the movie can allow them to pull some strings with WB.

I swear, Rooster Teeth can feel like the IDW Publishing of the animation industry sometimes. One moment, they're doing just well enough to keep the lights on, the next they have to resort to a hashtag campaign to keep things going...

The movies are canon adjacent so they’d be canon. But if there are like cool feats in the movie, that would be nice. Also, I’m at RTX now!

How did we not get this in the final cut!? This would've made the ending to Volume 9 a lot better then I thought it should've been. Like I don't mind the ending we got but it would've been so nice to see the aftermath of Ruby's speech to the world and seeing everyone united like this video showed.
Because budget was allocated pre-covid and runtime is the bane of their existence.

Because budget was allocated pre-covid and runtime is the bane of their existence.
Yeah I hard learned about that a few days ago so I can understand why CRWBY didn't have the budget to put this, or as Spinoirr said the other cut stuff of Volume 9, into the final cut. But still it would be cool to see them have this be part of the first episode of Volume 10 should it get the budget and be greenlit.

Yeah I hard learned about that a few days ago so I can understand why CRWBY didn't have the budget to put this, or as Spinoirr said the other cut stuff of Volume 9, into the final cut. But still it would be cool to see them have this be part of the first episode of Volume 10 should it get the budget and be greenlit.
Yeah they did say they would add this to vol 10 with some changes

One thing to note is that there was a Ruby Vtuber expereince at RTX that I personally went to. And in the experience, she refrences the JL movies, the Blazblue fighting game she was in, Chibi, and Ice Queendom. Vtuber Ruby is probably one of the most powerful versions of her now lol.
Hey speaking of RTX, did we get any answers from the questions that people sent to the official RWBY Twitter account? I'm anxious to know if my inquiry on the Justice League x RWBY movie's canon status was answered

One thing to note is that there was a Ruby Vtuber expereince at RTX that I personally went to. And in the experience, she refrences the JL movies, the Blazblue fighting game she was in, Chibi, and Ice Queendom. Vtuber Ruby is probably one of the most powerful versions of her now lol.
Vtubers are allowed to have profiles, inb4 this is straight up just a canon composited Ruby

Last edited:
Vtubers are allowed to have profiles, inb4 this is straight up just a canon composted Ruby
I never would've expected that the key to a hypothetical composite Ruby would be from Vtubing, 2023 certainly has been a strange year indeed and it makes me wonder what else the year has got in store for RWBY outside the upcoming part 2 of the Justice League x RWBY movie and the ongoing DC/RWBY comic.

Let me know what y’all think of the videos.
I bet CRWBY could make decent cash if they had Lindsay Jones do the Vtuber Ruby thing and have her play a couple games during a couple few hour live streams. That would be insanely popular and a massive hit by fans or people who are into Vtubers.

Also you must either have insanely long phone battery life or you brought a camera, because goddamn it's impressive you recorded 2 hours worth of videos.

But yeah, her keys are going to be weird, its basically going to be:

Beacon Arc | Dream Realm (Ice Queendom) | Cross Tag | Anima Arc | Haven Arc | DC/RWBY | Atlas Arc | Heroes and Huntresses Part 1 | Post- Everafter Ascension | Vacuo Arc

But yeah, her keys are going to be weird, its basically going to be:

Beacon Arc | Dream Realm (Ice Queendom) | Cross Tag | Anima Arc | Haven Arc | DC/RWBY | Atlas Arc | Heroes and Huntresses Part 1 | Post- Everafter Ascension | Vacuo Arc
One thing that would bug me to be honest is how wouldn't Ruby remember who Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman were in Heroes and Huntresses when she met them in DC/RWBY? Unless the argument would be that the memory altering shenanigans from the movie would explain why they all don't rememebr each other.

Back