• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a rule that characters don’t scale to things that stomp them. This didn’t just stomp Vine it completely obliterated him and he failed to fully stop the explosion he shouldn’t scale. Especially since we never actually saw the nuke explode at any other time and the tier we gave it is entirely an educated guess.

Raven’s storm feats don’t scale to maidens’ base and are lower than the bomb (Amber didn’t make a storm, it was already there, and you were the one that posted the calcs saying Raven’s storm is high 7-C).

Team Rwby massively backscale from base Cinder at best.

So Vine scaling to a feat above the peak maidens’, despite it completely obliterating him, is ridiculous.
Interestingly enough here is what the Powerscaling page provides as a viable example:

Character A has a City level feat. Character B lost to Character A, yet still put up a considerable fight, was able to harm him and clearly made Character A exert effort into defeating Character B, then it is safe to assess that Character B has City level Attack Potency and Durability as well.
  • In this case, due to the massive broadness of tiers, even if there is a clear power gap between two characters, it typically cannot be a big enough gap that they're tiers apart if they can have an actual fight with someone. As, for example, a Small Planet level would never be able to harm or do anything at all to a Large Planet level, as the gap between the two tiers is nearly 30 million times. So even if a character overall lost to a Large Planet, if they were able to cause considerable harm to and hold their own against that person, they'd have to be Large Planet level. Though on a clearly lesser extent as the Large Planet level they lost to.

Again the issue is downscaling. Lets say character A (the bomb) does a city busting laser beam attack using his full power.
Character B (Vine) blocks +95% of the laser beam thus preventing the city from being destroyed, but dies.
We can downscale Character B to Character A.

We are told what the bomb does multiple times, which is reliable enough.

Raven's storm was brought up to show that Amber's calc was flawed by comparing it to a calc that is supposed to do the same thing, though it wasn't used for scaling.

Cinder fought using her Maiden powers though. So did Penny against AceOps. Ironwood used his anti Maiden Penny cannon against Winter.

What's shown in the show with her taking on waves of these enemies with no issues tells us otherwise.
I mean the Ursa in the short is around twice as large than the ones in the Emerald Forest, and it is better armored. Maybe it is stronger?

No she was toying with them, she wasn't even trying and was smirking all the way through as if it was a game. The only time she got angry and serious was when Penny died and she didn't get the Winter Maiden powers. Again by this logic anyone Goku oneshots or beats without breaking a sweat scales to him because they didn't die or get brutally maimed.
I love how all your analogies has Goku go out of his way to avoid killing or maiming his opponent.
After Penny got killed, Cinder generated an explosion at Weiss and Jaune just before they escaped, and still no maiming or killing; it is completly accidently that Weiss fell off the platform unlike Jaune. After Cinder is interrupted from absorbing Penny's Maiden powers, Jaune says that Weiss can buy them some time. Not saying that Cinder was completly serious, but no way is she killing or injuring them through their Aura (like Adam demonstrated through his Moon Slice) with a casual Maiden-powered attack.

Also you didn't address the supporting evidence, there is Maiden Penny vs AceOps. And Ironwood's cannon which he prepared to kill Maiden Penny; Winter blocked it her gylph and then with her swords, and and Ironwood tanked it.

No you literally see the ashes flying upward in that scene she's in, AKA when the gods JUST nuked all of humanity, and we've seen Ozma get disintegrated in a few seconds and his ashes dissapear, this is a far shorter timeframe here than 2 hours given the visuals.
Makes sense.
Though I am switching my position to the time it takes for Salem to regenerate being inconsistent (maybe the delay was retconned in to nerf Salem). According to the visuals it only took a few seconds to at most a handful of minutes for Salem to regenerate from a pile of ash as Oz is heavily bleeding to death, but Hazel (who punches things) killed her over and over again until he couldn't lift his arms and sometimes she stayed dead for a few hours.

There’s a big difference between ultimately losing after putting up a fight, and being instantly flash vaporized as your attempts to stop the attack completely fail.

He didn’t stop the bomb at the cost of his life, he failed to fully stop the bomb and was completely obliterated.

Even when we are told what it does that’s still an educated guess. Saying he was going to destroy a city doesn’t mean he has to destroy the entire city. The first atomic bombs in the real world are barely 7-C and yet almost anyone would say they can destroy cities.

Last edited:
Vine's Aura put in enough fight to reduce a nuke that can destroy a large city to a small firework. I'd say he had a nice hustle.

Here is Vine stopping the bomb at the cost of his life. You make it seem like Vine was trying to defuse the bomb before it explodes, lol.

Vine's goal is to stop the overwhelming majority of the force of the bomb to save the city and Harriet/Elm/Qrow. In that he absolutely succeeded.

So Ironwood and some of the best scientists and engineers in Remnant are not sure what the bomb is capable of, and their statement does not reach the level of reliable according to your standard?
If we assume that he would destroy the entire city the yield would be 7-B; concern about low-end was already taken into account. Fortunately, we are able to measure the size of Mantle to get accurate results, so we don't have to assume a generic city.

The calc assumes the entire city is destroyed. Destroying half a city is still destroying a city by practically anyone’s standards. I can think of many profiles that treat generic nukes as low 7-C.

The explosion after vine weakened it wasn’t like a firework. It was still massive enough to engulf his ship. Though that doesn’t matter, it annihilated his aura and vaporized him, why would he scale. What would he even backscale too when the feat completely obliterated him by all definitions of the word.

Can you link the calc?

So from engulfing large section of the city to only engulfing a ship quite the downgrade! If we agree that Vine's Aura severely weakened the explosion, that is why he downscales. I don't follow your statement that it doesn't matter for scaling his Aura before it was depleted; can you elaborate?
I agree that humans with zero Aura or Magic are not durable in the verse.

He shouldn’t scale for the same reason getting stomped isn’t a feat. Nether is aura nor him survived and the explosion still happened. He failed to stop it and was obliterated, that’s not enough to backscale. It is enough to say he should definitely not scale.

Just because someone was weakened doesn't mean they should scale to something thst actually obliterated them.

So if we have a shield generator, and the shield generator dissipated 90% of the energy of a powerful attack before its power ran out and the generator was destroyed.
Then the shield generator doesn't have any feat for dissipating 90% of the attack, because 'it was stomped'. 🤔

Also share the link to the calc you are speaking of.

I'll talk about the other stuff op mentioned
Fodder Grimm scaling:
*Centinel
Centinels did this.

*Lancer Drones
Lancer Drones did this

*Griffon
Blake only beat him directly when she had Dust ammo that Weiss gave her to amplify her clones, she caught him off guard with them and they amplified her damage significantly. He has absolutely shown to be on Blake and Sun's level as well as Ruby's.

Also in the recent novel he beat Melanie and Militia Malachite and he casually humiliated two pro huntsmen in a fight.

*King Taijitu
Using the math Weekly did here yields 9-A results (84123217.733 Joules) and the Taijitu has a stated feat of cushing a bakery through sheer size during the events of Breach.

*Manticore
Manticores also fought on par with and were a major threat to Team RNJR in the comics and they have an extremely casual 9-A+ feat from the same comic.

*Ursa Major

An Ursa Major nearly killed Yang and slapped her hard enough to cause a huge crater in the ground and uproot trees, forcing Yang to use her semblance to kill it.

TL;DR the Grimm have an abundance of feats above 9-B, downgrading them to 9-B when they have 9-A and 8-C feats just because theyre fodder to a verse of High 8-Cs and 7-Cs makes no sense.

Aura:
I mean sure but that constitutes as just damage, which is alrady a weakness aura has, and it takes several hours of constant exposure to extreme temperatures to bring aura down.

He shouldn’t scale for the same reason getting stomped isn’t a feat. Nether is aura nor him survived and the explosion still happened. He failed to stop it and was obliterated, that’s not enough to backscale. It is enough to say he should definitely not scale.
His aura did survive though, it contained the blast and only dissipated because he died. If he failed to stop it the city would have been blown up
Also ironwood was fully aware of the power of the bomb seeing as he thought that Oscar's nuke attack on monstra was his bomb going off

It's like how 17 has universe level+ barriers compared to his universe level durability, yet if his foe blows up when he traps himself in his barrier then he would die but his barriers would contains the explosion that killed him

He had a nuke and saw a nuclear explosion, and guessed it was his nuke. I doubt he knew exactly how strong his bomb was, especially since he was actually wrong in the end.

Though it doesn’t even matter. Even assuming it is legitimate (despite him and his shield obliterating) its a massive outlier. It would make Vine superior to a nuke that would kill the Mantra and Ozpin’s staff that was amped over decades.

Then just rate his semblances durability at how strong the bomb is

Like how 17 is physically universe level but his barriers are universe level+ in durability

Then just rate his semblances durability at how strong the bomb is

Like how 17 is physically universe level but his barriers are universe level+ in durability
And how many scaling issues does this cause? Who scales to his semblance?

It’s an outlier for his aura to. Since it means everyone aura would be higher than the Mantra and Ozpin’s ap over decades of prep.

It also still isn’t usable anyways. I was saying if it is usable. But he got annihilated by it. Why do you keep trying to scale him to something that eradicated him.

Alright what about my points about the Grimm and about the aura weakness thing also maidens being rated as "higher" instead of what they currently are

What even makes them higher when they have the eye glow. The only reason we rated them higher was because they do weather feats with them while without them their ap feats didn’t match. But I’m pretty sure the eye glow can just be a sign they are using the weather manipulation, which is environmental destruction.

Though if people agree with adding a higher to the maidens in replacement of high 7-C I would be fine with it.

Base Cinder and Neo were shown to be pretty even with each other, with Neo standing down when Cinder activated her Maiden powers. Also Penny used her Maiden powers as she was lifting Amity, her boosters became much stronger and she was lifting it at a faster speed than her base.

In Volume 5 Raven and Cinder caused an underground cave to collapse when they clashed, which was even felt in the building above. They're stats clearly increase when they use their Maiden powers, there's no doubt.

Has anyone actually calc that, since them clashing is what caused those giant rocks to start falling. Cinder even had one fall directly on her, and was still able to fight.

She stood down because tornadoes suddenly appeared out of thin air. I think if my opponent suddenly pulled out the ability to warp the weather I would stop to.

Though I guess the clash could be used to say they are stronger. It’s weird because I know the feat won’t be better than anything they’ve actually done, but storywise they weren’t doing it before so they would be better.

Earthqauke feats got nuked very badly, you got to make one that spans miles to get any decent results. Mercer Frey caused a cave in with his earthquake and he’s baseline 9-A.

I was mostly talking about the giant rocks falling, since Cinder had one fall right on her head, KE could give some good results... Because KE is very funky.

And Penny was shown to get stronger, while lifting Amity, when she turned her Maiden powers on.

There’s no speed feats in that scene to compare the rocks though. It would just be the normal speed of gravity which I doubt would get results above the high 8-C they already scale above.

What do you mean compare the rocks?

Just measure the speed they're falling at on screen the screen... though I also doubt they'd get Tier 7 results.

I meant the rocks would just be falling with an acceleration of 9.8 m/s (to make it clear the speed things naturally fall on earth) since there is no speed feats to compare the rocks to. There is no bullets or anything the rocks are just falling. I doubt they would even get past 8-C. The reason kinetic energy gets good results is because it’s usually large objects being compared to cartoonishly fast things.

Though I made a thread to nuke a lot KE feats because a lot of times the speed feats are only there by coincidence (though that thread applies to pretty much only games).

Alright, I'm back.

@ShadowWhoWalks Do you have a clip comparison of the sizes?

Goku's merely an example I have that anyone knows, I can bring up another but my point is being maimed or murdered is not the requirement to not scale, otherwise everyone who gets knocked out from one hit by someone stronger scales to them by your logic.
Her being able to blast Weiss' aura away with her floor bombs with no issue tells me otherwise.
I already addressed the Ace Ops vs Penny as not being legit 7-C for them when Base penny couldn't replicate the same feat without the maiden powers, I already answered the question on how the virus was supposed to work and I had no response to the answer, either they I have to repeat myself to get an actual response or the virus point becomes legit. Ironwood couldn't do shit to Winter with the maiden powers, what makes you think they'd work on Penny to begin with? Also he survived the blast yeah, but he can barely move or aim his gun properly afterwards. Either way his BFG wouldn't scale to the maiden powers as he has no backing for it whatsoever.

Ok, so I'm assuming you concede that it is just her resisting the deconstruction then, if that's the case glad we got one less point to talk about here.

@Spinoirr the same lancer drones die to a bunch of rocks falling on them during the chase sequence, and we don't even see the Lancer drone intact when the ship explodes, so we can assume it just died with the explosion since there was more of the same grimm that can take its spot.

Why are you bringing up Griffon when I already conceded on this point? Same with King Taijitu when it has scaling to team CVFY? None of these debunks my 9-B downgrades for the fodder grimm.

also @Keeweed @Sir_Ovens can you 2 give your overall thoughts on this entire CRT? I can't accept you on the list until I get your full opinion on the CRT.

I already addressed the Ace Ops vs Penny as not being legit 7-C for them when Base penny couldn't replicate the same feat without the maiden powers
She did that feat without the Maiden powers though as clarly shown in the clips posted. Arguing otherwise is just flat out ignoring the context of the scene.
I already answered the question on how the virus was supposed to work and I had no response to the answer
The virus was supposed to force her body to shut down and crash to the ground, then reboot her, force her to open the vault, and then self terminate. Literally the entirety of the second half of volume 8 was Penny constantly fighting off the virus' influence, to the point that they litrally aura amped her so that she could fight it properly. If anything it makes the 7-C feat more impressive as she did it without the Maiden powers and while also fighting against her own body so that she didnt pass out.
Ironwood couldn't do shit to Winter with the maiden powers, what makes you think they'd work on Penny to begin with?
Yeah, because no one scales to the Maiden powers. Ironwood's cannon was even built spcificially to deal with the maidens and winter casually backhands its blast away with her ice. That's exactly why the maidens should be listed as "higher"

No you're ignoring the part where her base state couldn't do shit when trying to lift the tower back up.

No it wasn't, the scene in the manor when the virus took over contradicts your claim as she didn't shut down, she literally changed orders to go to the vault and self terminate. It doesn't really as she couldn't keep the tower floating as you clearly see it sinking.

You just contradict yourself, you said it's made to stop the maidens but failed to do so, that helps my point that Ironwood wouldn't scale even with his BFG.

Theglassman, I don't want to make it seem like I'm being rude or something. So apologies if I ever come across as sounding like that.

But why do you ignore the fact that Penny performed the 7-C feat in her base state, and couldn't do it again because she was infected with a virus? Instead you just assume that she was never capable of it in the first place, ignore the context of the scene, and say that the virus couldn't have possibly effect her strength whatsoever.

We see the virus stop her from using her Maiden powers (Even though Watts said the virus was meant to make Penny open the vault and self terminate), but you don't accept it also affecting her physically strength. Especially when Penny is shown to shut down and fall back down to Atlas, since her system started to reboot after getting a virus.

Penny was able to do two things before the virus hit her. Lift Amity up a bit, and use her Maiden powers right after. However she failed to do both after being hit with the virus, does that not logically mean the virus prevent her from using her full strength, and prevented her from using her Maiden powers?

No you're ignoring the part where her base state couldn't do shit when trying to lift the tower back up.
It literally shows her lifting the tower up in her base state, a clip of her doing so was posted in this thread multiple times.
No it wasn't, the scene in the manor when the virus took over contradicts your claim as she didn't shut down, she literally changed orders to go to the vault and self terminate. It doesn't really as she couldn't keep the tower floating as you clearly see it sinking.
What? She was shut down after she pushed Amity, crashed to earth, and rebooted. Watts even explained in the following scene that those were the orders he programmed into the virus. And no, you do not 'clearly see it sinking', they literally cut to pietro monitoring its flight path that shows that its ascending.

Glass at this point youre just being willfully ignorant of what is shown in the scene
You just contradict yourself, you said it's made to stop the maidens but failed to do so, that helps my point that Ironwood wouldn't scale even with his BFG.
No one scales to the maidens, not even on the current profiles. I dont understand where your argument is coming from as no one is arguing that they should scale to the maidens and none of the profiles scale the main cast to the maidens.

Responding to Glass asking what my opinions are:

I agree with Maidens just being changed to higher rather the low 7-B they are now (not just for outlier reasons but because the low 7-B storm wasn’t even made by them)

I disagree with Vine scaling to the nuke (note I’m saying my opinions to everything I can remember not just the op stuff), it flash vaporized him and destroyed his aura.

I’m very on the fence with team Rwby scaling to maidens (this includes all non maidens), they ‘hurt’ them but it’s barely minor inconveniences and the non maidens get practically rag dolled. I actually made a thread on having scaling be more strict. I don’t think characters just being inconveniences is enough to scale and team Rwby achieved literally nothing against Cinder.

With the Ace Ops they also achieved practically nothing, only winning due to pulling out hax. The most they did was hold Penny in place for a few seconds and that’s just lifting strength.

Ironwood absolutely shouldn’t scale to his gun 1) The only maiden he used it in causally reflected it, 2) If he scales why would he even need this special gun in the first place, 3) He got completely wrecked by it when it was reflected.

Also both Cinder and Penny have 7-C feats in this volume. Meanwhile nobody else has feats anywhere close and some are threatened by Grimm multiple times. I doubt a random centipede Grimm or the manticore should be stronger than the Grimm Dragon (Preformed a low 7-C feat, which would consistent with it following the 7-C Cinder), and the Grimm Leviathan which died to a 8-A attack.

At best I think possibly 7-C would make more sense for non maidens until they can properly fight them (because currently they barely inconvenience them even when it’s a 1v4).

If it isn’t clear I agree with base Penny being 7-C, the virus kicked in after see did the feat. The only thing is that she downscales a bit because it took a crap ton of effort.

For the Lancers, why did we ever count that as a feat if we didn’t see the lancers after the explosion. The fodder Grimm don’t have anything else so I agree they should be downgraded.

I honestly don’t remember anything else right now, so that’s all the opinions I have. Sorry if this comment comes at an awkward time.

Edit: Penny wasn’t trying to murder the Ace Ops also so she would have a reason to hold back by default. Cinder also didn’t take anyone seriously and the one person she actively wanted to attack she pierced through her aura and killed her. So there’s another reason I find the other scaling to not be the best.

Penny screaming in pain means nothing to you? Did you see the fight with them? Unless your saying Penny purposefully lowered her durability so they can hurt her?

There is no possibility, either the feat is an outlier and can't be used or it can be used.

Maiden Penny seem to easily handle them, but Base Penny was clearly hurt and even screams in pain when hit.

Edit: If that isn't enough to scale I honestly don't know why anyone in RWBY can scale to each other, unless they break someone's Aura or overpowers them. Like what does it take for someone to say, yeah they're damaging that person, in a world were almost every single fighter has a forcefield around them?

Character A hits character B, Character B visual staggers at the hit and even screams out. Character B is several hundred times more Durable than Character A's AP?

Last edited:
Penny screaming in pain means nothing to you? Did you see the fight with them? Unless your saying Penny purposefully lowered her durability so they can hurt her?

There is no possibility, either the feat is an outlier and can't be used or it can be used.

Maiden Penny seem to easily handle them, but Base Penny was clearly hurt and even screams in pain when hit.
Yeah the reason she did so well they had to use haxs is BECAUSE she used the maiden powers in bursts, only time they actually did something was when penny wasn't useing the maiden powers

She barely yelps for half a second. You make it sound like she screaming in agony and misery.

Also yes I don’t care that penny made some yelps and noises. In the over grand scheme of what happened Penny was ragdolling them in a 1v4 and needed hax to achieve anything of note.

Like I can think of many shows that have characters straight up stab others only for the stabbed one to be like “hah, that’s your best” and completely wreck them.

While it isn’t as apparent in the Penny scene it’s much clearer in Winter and Cinder’s scenes. Ironwood thought he had a gun that could defeat the maidens, the first maiden he fought causally reflected it with no difficulty. Cinder toyed with the main cast, even when they had a maiden, completely ignored everyone else and managed to kill Penny even when everyone else was helping her. Everyone else achieved nothing and get floored every time Cinder focuses on them.

Emerald was also easily defeated by Penny earlier and needed to threaten to destroy something of importance to get away.

Neo also got toyed with by Maria despite her being immensely past her prime. Am I supposed to believe that the Grimm reaper (the person who lost to a random mercenary) is as strong as Maidens at her literal worse.

Neo holds back in her fights, she enjoys messing with people who she thinks as weak

Example is literally all neo fights, also neo was about to kill her if it wasn't for penny one shotting her with the maiden powers

Neo doesn’t literally always hold back. She didn’t hold back against Cinder.

Also you just said she holds back against “people she thinks is weaker than her”. Why would she hold back against the person completely toying with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back