• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the only thing i disagree with here are Atlas huntsmen being downgraded back to High 8-C/8-B again

The Atlas huntsmen aren't scaled to the Maidens. At all.
Their tier 7 scaling comes from base Penny being able to lift Amity up with her raw rocket boosters and lifting strength, despite her struggling immensely in the process. The Maiden power activation only made it easier for her to lift it up in the air, rather than making her able to do so outright. Also, its a downscale from Penny anyways, most of the Huntsmen are barely able to get a scratch on her, despite being able affect her and knock her around.

Other than Atlas Scaling i agree with everything

Last edited:
@Popted2 Jaune knew what Aura is, him fighting Cardin was WAY after Pyrrha gave his aura the unlock. And him being an amateur doesn't disprove the fact that Jaune doesn't scale to the rest of his peers at this point and time.

@ShadowWhoWalks So it would at best have a higher durability with its upper half given Weiss can kill it easily in the stomache.

So you admit they have crap durability, meaning them beating these robots isn't a noteworthy feat beyond 9-B.

What's shown in the show with her taking on waves of these enemies with no issues tells us otherwise.

No she was toying with them, she wasn't even trying and was smirking all the way through as if it was a game. The only time she got angry and serious was when Penny died and she didn't get the Winter Maiden powers. Again by this logic anyone Goku oneshots or beats without breaking a sweat scales to him because they didn't die or get brutally maimed.

Still an outlier so again, why are you bringing this up?

When Penny had to take most of the beating for the rest of the team and after she was out of commision they couldn't do shit while she was again toying with them, and the only person that could have an even fight with her is Winter and Penny, both of them with the maiden powers, I'd say that's a pretty severe difference.

Beginning of Volume 8, not the mid end of Volume 8 where they didn't do any fighting and had the time to plan out their distraction against Ironwood, where Yang did no serious work, let alone fighting, she wasn't tired from the fight at all.

No you literally see the ashes flying upward in that scene she's in, AKA when the gods JUST nuked all of humanity, and we've seen Ozma get disintegrated in a few seconds and his ashes dissapear, this is a far shorter timeframe here than 2 hours given the visuals.

@Scottycj256 you do realize that with the Maiden downgrades, all the maidens at best scale to the 7-C feat right? Meaning the characters scaling to them is going to be even more questionable?

Literally no one can scratch anyone, unless they're vastly superior to them and just go through their Aura. Or they break someone's Aura in a single hit.

If the Maiden's are downgraded to 7-C, that doesn't invalidate Base Penny and those comparable being 7-C. Since the Maidens would upscale via one shotting these level of characters. If the 7-C feats didn't exist, would you downgrade the cast to 9-A since the Maidens can't be on same tier with the others or something?

If the Maidens scale to something higher than scale them to that, if not than all we can do is scale them above the people they one shot.

Jaune knew what Aura is, him fighting Cardin was WAY after Pyrrha gave his aura the unlock. And him being an amateur doesn't disprove the fact that Jaune doesn't scale to the rest of his peers at this point and time.
just to say Yang even fought a Ursa and she gave her so much problems that she have to use her semblance to kill it, and that was not so long before she was to enter at Beacon
again i disagree with making Jaune and Cardin 9-B

oh in that case i disagree with maiden downgrades as well

I thought it was a downgrade to High 7-C due to Raven's storm, which actually makes sense.

I never said they'd be 9-A, they'd be 8-B at best so don't strawman my point.
You didn't read what I said did you, you just skimmed through it.

I didn't say you were saying that, I ask a question about a hypothetical situation where the 7-C feat didn't exist and the Maidens would have to scale to High 8-C characters. And wondered if you would downgraded the cast to 9-A or maybe even 8-C, since you seem to have a problem with them being the same tier.

If the downgrades bring the Maidens back down to High 7-C then I'd agree

Otherwise thats just nonsensical since we already have a calc of a feat higher than 7-C performed by Maidens

@Scottycj256 did you read my argument on why it's an outlier to be anywhere near High 7-C? or did you skim it over? Because them being High 7-C contradicts what's shown with Ozpin's cane nuke feat. So Raven's storm feat wouldn't scale at all.

@Popted2 Again, before she even got to Beacon, she had trouble, in Beacon she can take them on with no problems and no reliance on her semblance.

@TheRustyOne If they are shown being far inferior to these characters that have done these feats, which btw you didn't exactly address my arguments about the virus, to the point that they need another maiden to go toe to toe with these guys, and have shown getting stomped left and right by them, and their best argument for scaling is minorly inconveniencing Penny and not damaging her aura and needing to rely on hax to even incapacitate her, then yes I disagree with them scaling to the maidens.

@Popted2 Again, before she even got to Beacon, she had trouble, in Beacon she can take them on with no problems and no reliance on her semblance.
ok, got it
but in the ep 8 of volume 1 Jaune was able to block a strike from a Deathstalker, wich it gave trouble to all jnpr

@TheRustyOne If they are shown being far inferior to these characters that have done these feats, which btw you didn't exactly address my arguments about the virus, to the point that they need another maiden to go toe to toe with these guys, and have shown getting stomped left and right by them, and their best argument for scaling is minorly inconveniencing Penny and not damaging her aura and needing to rely on hax to even incapacitate her, then yes I disagree with them scaling to the maidens.
No one will be scaling to the Maidens, besides other Maidens.

At what point did I make you think that I believed that?

The 7-C feat is base and you've yet to debunk it with proper reasons and hard facts from the show. The burden of proof is on you, and you've shown nothing.

So, I've missed part of this thread.

Why is the High 7-C calc being disregarded?
Who the **** knows.

All of this implies that Ozpin has been superior to the Maidens all along even after sacrificing his power to create the Maidens, despite Cinder defeating Ozpin.

It makes sense that Maidens be downgraded to High 7-C because that is what Ozpin is capable of now. You might as well remove the "Post-Maidens" key and just make him 7-B/Low 7-B outright if he was still superior to the Maidens, which he isn't, and its been proven for quite some time that current Ozpin isn't above the Maidens.

So question time, can I get a vote of people who agree/disagree with Base Penny being 7-C via her own feat, which scales to the Ace-Ops and those comparable to them

I'd like to end this part of the discussion now. If you believe that Penny is 7-C, but the Ace-Ops don't scale, please say so as well.

Penny is 7-C and the ace ops do scale as the only time they didn't hurt her or make her yell out in pain is when she used the maiden powers

Lmao you didnt even mention the Raven storm calc in the OP. You just said "oh Amber storm is the only storm calc, and it's invalidated because Ozpin is stronger than the Maidens". Which is obviously not true since he literally gave some of his power in order to create the Maidens. Yes he created the Maidens. He isn't automatically superior to them because of this though. By saying that they should scale below him because he's superior you're ignoring even the fact that he states that he isn't in his prime and that he's severely weakened due to the fact that he created the Maidens.

Last edited:
So question time, can I get a vote of people who agree/disagree with Base Penny being 7-C via her own feat, which scales to the Ace-Ops and those comparable to them

I'd like to end this part of the discussion now. If you believe that Penny is 7-C, but the Ace-Ops don't scale, please say so as well.
I agree with Base Penny and Atlas Huntsmen being 7-C

Lmao you didnt even mention the Raven storm calc in there. You just said "oh this is the only storm calc, and it's invalidated because Ozpin is stronger than the Maidens". Which is obviously not true since he literally gave some of his power in order to create the Maidens. Yes he created the Maidens. He isn't automatically superior to them because of this though. By saying that they should scale below him because he's superior you're ignoring even the fact that he states that he isn't in his prime and that he's severely weakened due to the fact that he created the Maidens.
Yeah cinder killed ozpin even with his forcefield up even if ozpin got some good hits in, he was still weaker then cinder to the point where she could kill him

Ozpin by this point in the story is only about on par with the Maidens, possibly even weaker due to being killed by a brand new one (Cinder)

Ozpin's cane nuke doesn't contradict anything, because that was all that Ozpin has been capable of this entire time.

IMO we should just downgrade Ozma and Salem back down to Low 7-B because of this

@TheRustyOne Ozpin’s PREP TIME feat that took literal centuries for him to do is at best Large town level and he’s the one that gave the maidens their power. If his best feat with all the time in the world couldn’t breach that level that falls into question the storm feats given they’re relative or far stronger than his prep time feat.

I showed you Watts explanation on the virus, which leads to my point that Penny struggles to replicate this feat in base, are you going to address that part or no? Because my point still stands until you debunk it.

@Scottycj256 stop multi posting FFS, it makes scrolling through this thread and reading points a lot more annoying than it needs to be.

also Ozpin couldn’t do that feat casually if he needed lifetimes after lifetimes of energy stored to do it.

@Popted2 Can you give me the clip of that happening?

I'm pretty sure he wasn't fighting all the time with the cane as he well mostly was running beacon for like 80 years

I'm pretty sure he wasn't fighting all the time with the cane as he well mostly was running beacon for like 80 years
He said he was charging up that kinetic energy for centuries (or something around that time my memory isn’t the best). Why does him not charging it up over 80 years matter when he said he charged it up for hundreds before that point.

He charged up the staff massively, it preformed a high 7-C with the majority of its power.

Though now that Glass pointed it out I do find it strange we scale the maidens to the storm. When Raven’s has one high 7-C feat (the storm) and the maidens never do anything close to that again, and weather manipulation can already easily be environmental destruction.

Last edited:
Raven casually performed a High 7-C feat, while Ozpin was charging energy into Long Memory for multiple lifetimes. The last Ozpin was shown to be comparable to a Maiden. He's stored up what is likely hundreds of years worth of power, and that stored up power is only slightly stronger than his own strength?

He used most of the power, not all yes. But he did use the majority of that energy, even if we say that was 51% doesn't help. Since the statement above still applies, hundreds of years of building up power and it's only around two times stronger than Ozpin's own strength?

Unless there is something else to support it, I agree with High 7-C Maidens being an outlier.

Then that should be on his page, granted he should downscale from the deathstalker since it was a team effort in that fight but that should be fine for him scaling.

Do you have any opinion on the rest of the CRT? You’ve only commented on the Jaune part.
1 i'm neutral for the grimms
2 i agree with the Aura weakness
3 about the Atlas scaling i'm on the same opinion as Spinoirr and Rusty that the characters are okay being 7-C
4 For Salem and and Gods Neutral

You haven’t given an explanation beyond “a calc exists” for the maiden storm feat. And I labeled maiden scaling for the atlas crew on the agree and disagree.

You haven’t given an explanation beyond “a calc exists” for the maiden storm feat. And I labeled maiden scaling for the atlas crew on the agree and disagree.
Sorry to ask but could you write that i disagree with the Jaune and Cardin, Ursa Major thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back