• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

Would simply giving them a stricter warning suffice here? There was no malicious intent.
I disagree. The word "ban" comes out of most staff's mouths when slurs are involved by any regular members. Malicious intent or not.

People currently banned for saying the word with truly no malicious intent (as in, part of their day-to-day vocabulary) would need to be unbanned as well if we were to do that. I am sorry, but that does not satisfy the standards this Wiki has enforced on others. We should calmly evaluate the situation as if Yuri was any other member.

While I think baying for blood is a bad look, doubly so since it seems to be motivated by a sense that staff members are somehow immune to the rules, all of you do know the rules. Including Yuri. Abstractions' quote is rightly used here. Action ought to be taken. Bugger the rest of the context, I don't think Yuri is being racist or what have you, but we have precedents. We ought to stand by them, bloodlusting blue names or not.

Pull the trigger. Not much else to say.

Even mentioning it with no malicious intent got a person banned for 3 months, I don't think a stricter warning would suffice honestly...
Oh. My bad, wasn’t aware of this offense invariably leading to bans regardless of context. I’m quite reluctant to support such a harsh punishment, but if that’s the precedent I suppose a ban is only fair.

I share the same sentiment as the others.

I don't really know Yuri that well, but they seem cool in general. That is to say, I have absolutely nothing against them whatsoever. However, we have quite a lot of precedence, and not enforcing our own rules will definitely justify the double standards argument.

So yeah, I hate to see anyone getting banned, but it really seems like we have no choice here.

NOTE: Edited to strikethrough the parts that aren't relevant due to newer information.

If so many people are saying "It feels bad to do this, but we have to do it to respect the precedent" why don't we just change the precedent?

I'd prefer that we don't instaban people for 3 months based on that sorta thing, really. I think one or two warnings, along with the post being edited, should be done before we start temp-banning people.

I don't want to echo Fandom's policies. Unless they've changed since the initial announcement, they instantly ban people for saying "a four-letter word starting with 'c' referring to a man whose wife is unfaithful" and "a four-letter word starting with 'c' being a more vulgar term for ******". Sure, we have to keep that content off to comply with them, but I don't want our punishments having the same ban lengths and (lack of) leniency theirs do.

I wasn't using the wiki the last time this issue came up, but I would've argued the same thing then.

Although, the precedent I suggest hinges on it being rather accidental. The report of N_Kardashev mentioned that they intentionally bypassed the filter, which I think should lead to a multi-month ban, as they went out of their way to break the rules. Did QuasiYuri do something similar? If so, I think a 3-month ban is fair for knowingly going out of their way to break the rules.

And as an aside....

Also people being banned for quoting a post containing the N-Word. Your instance in this is laughable at best.

That was a ban by Fandom, not us, I remember the community at the time thinking that that ban was unjustified. I'd really rather not use their judgement.

Last edited:
I don't usually advocate for harsh punishments, but most users would be getting perma banned on the spot for this

If so many people are saying "It feels bad to do this, but we have to do it to respect the precedent" why don't we just change the precedent?

I'd prefer that we don't instaban people for 3 months based on that sorta thing, really. I think one or two warnings, along with the post being edited, should be done before we start temp-banning people.

I don't want to echo Fandom's policies. Unless they've changed since the initial announcement, they instantly ban people for saying "a four-letter word starting with 'c' referring to a man whose wife is unfaithful" and "a four-letter word starting with 'c' being a more vulgar term for ******". Sure, we have to keep that content off to comply with them, but I don't want our punishments having the same ban lengths and (lack of) leniency theirs do.

I wasn't using the wiki the last time this issue came up, but I would've argued the same thing then.

Although, the precedent I suggest hinges on it being rather accidental. The report of N_Kardashev mentioned that they intentionally bypassed the filter, which I think should lead to a multi-month ban, as they went out of their way to break the rules. Did QuasiYuri do something similar? If so, I think a 3-month ban is fair for knowingly going out of their way to break the rules.

And as an aside....

Also people being banned for quoting a post containing the N-Word. Your instance in this is laughable at best.

That was a ban by Fandom, not us, I remember the community at the time thinking that that ban was unjustified. I'd really rather not use their judgement.
I don't feel particularly bad about it, no. As I said in my post, I, at least, agree with the quote from Abs. Yuri knowingly bypassed the slur filter. They broke the rules they themselves are meant to uphold. A fairly major rule, as others have pointed out. I suspect people "feel bad" because they have, otherwise, positive interactions with Yuri.

I'm not intending to puritanically enforce FANDOM's will even outside their borders, frankly I don't even like the buggers (in fact, they might have even banned the word "bugger", given its technical meaning).

With that said, Yuri intentionally bypassed the filter by removing the "i". They knew what they were doing.

I still care about the context personally, but the context here is the word being used as an insult

Sorry for interrupting, but, for clarification on something I've seen said before multiple times in the past, should this report even go here? I was under the impression that when reporting a staff member one would have to do so to a Human Resources member?

Would simply giving them a stricter warning suffice here? There was no malicious intent.
How can we tell intent, if we don't even know how the sentence was structured. Because a certain someone erased proof of it, deleted comments calling it out (apparently) and gave them a light slap on the wrist. This is why i thoroughly abhor how Ant constructed the situation. Most outside of those with perms genuinely have no way of knowing what Yuri did. If Charmander didnt even report this, literally nobody would.

This is purposeful. Stuff was swept under the rug here. Even Ant's comment of "dont say this" doesn't even show a smidge of what Yuri said. This isn't just a case of banning for saying the n word. Not to be overly dramatic, but something's gotta be fixed regarding this, and specific people's mindsets when handling situations like these.

also why we banning mfs for 2-3 months for saying the n word anyways.

Last edited:
Sorry for interrupting, but, for clarification on something I've seen said before multiple times in the past, should this report even go here? I was under the impression that when reporting a staff member one would have to do so to a Human Resources member?
That is correct, aye. I presumed the ones who originally posted this would have done so and were making a public announcement here, although rereading it, that may not be the case.

@GodlyCharmander Contact a staff member who is tagged as being a member of Human Resources with your complaint, and you should probably link the discussion here, too, for posterity's sake.

Can anyone do a quick story-time recap for me; just got here, and is currently lost.
Yuri said gamer word (n word), and Ant swept it under the rug whilst giving him a slap on the wrist. People annoyed at double standard as n word is usually a 2-3 month ban. personally, we should just change the ruling but thats just me.

As entertaining as it is to see a bunch of people hound one person, this is a matter that should be settled in human resources. However, maybe a conversation about the harsh ruling over the n word can be discussed as a result of this.

Last edited:
Yuri said gamer word (n word), and Ant swept it under the rug whilst giving him a slap on the wrist. People annoyed at double standard as n word is usually a 2-3 month ban. personally, we should just change the ruling but thats just me.

As entertaining as it is to see a bunch of people hound one person, this is a matter that should be settled in human resources. However, maybe a conversation about the harsh ruling can be discussed as a result of this.
May I see a screenshot of him saying that.

No. If you are going to place a three-month on someone else with Ant explicitly stating “it was not used as an insult”, then the same should be reciprocated.

I bare no ill omen to Yuri, but I will absolutely not watch these incongruous standards between mods and members in real time just because we don’t have extra tags under our name.

Sincerely, someone who’s also black.
I agree saying the n word is unacceptable(I am black too btw)

While I agree context is more important than the word specifically, and people shouldn't be jumping the gun over one accidental slur word and/or offsite jokes of poor taste, and admittedly Fandom's TOS on handling slur words is too extreme.

It does not change the fact that it is a TOS that still needs to be obeyed. And the way he said it does imply he simply intended to bypass the slur word filter. I don't think that proves Quasi is racist. Amelia is correct about LAS and actually Matt was banned last time he said it, as it happened after he was already demoted twice. And I definitely do agree staff members should not get a free pass just because they're staff. If anything, being staff is an even bigger reason to make slur word usage punishment worthy since that gives the idea that a user who should have known better intentionally broke a Fandom TOS. And even if using slur words isn't evidence of discrimination or xenophobia, it's still a form of incendiary trolling which is still a serious violation in itself.

Last edited:
I said ngga.

More seriously, I use this specific spelling (ngga) to say guys/people and have been using it more than one time here (kinda weird that it's only an issue now)
Not trying to make it an excuse though. Wouldn't call it an accident nor a joke ( maybe a jokish way to refer to people at best) either.

I agree that mods or whatev should have the same treatment as any blue name and condemn any censorship which prevent people from seeing what's the issue.

Big waste of comment btw. Issue easily could be solved with only 3 or 4 of these.

@QuasiYuri that makes some clarification, but it is too close to another word plus following the word "Lazy-ass" makes it sound way too similar. So it cannot be blamed for thinking you were attempting to say that.

And the Human Resources group are basically a team of higher up Admins who's jobs are to analyze whether or not the way certain staff members behave are considered demotion worthy.

@QuasiYuri that makes some clarification, but it is too close to another word plus following the word "Lazy-ass" makes it sound way too similar. So it cannot be blamed for thinking you were attempting to say that.

And the Human Resources group are basically a team of higher up Admins who's jobs are to analyze whether or not way certain staff members behave are considered demotion worthy.
I'm not blaming anyone. I obviously know it is close and use it for similar sentences like "my ngga". Family friendly N-word without the racism (the other alternative is still a classic if one wants to target the community).

I see. Seems weird to have a thing especially for staff rather than one for everyone imo.

The difference is that all staff members could give input for whether or not anyone has done something ban worthy, and HR groups are more so focused on demotion of current staff as their own Admin positions would suffice for the banning of anyone period. But anyway, we should probably stay on topic and see what Antvasima thinks.

With all due respect, after looking at that word in the Urban Dictionary that you linked, its meaning makes no sense to use in the context of how you used it
^It's also weird.

If you meant what you linked then you would have said something earlier when Antvasima pointed it out or disagreed with it being called a bad word for this reason.

It's honestly confusing that you waited only now, when someone's reported it, to pull up this definition that you never indicated exists and only disagree that it's not a bad word since it's not censored which, honestly isn't an argument.

With all due respect, after looking at that word in the Urban Dictionary that you linked, its meaning makes no sense to use in the context of how you used it
I know. It's a joke because I didn't know this spelling had an actual meaning and wasn't made-up.

Lazy-ass Nice Guy Good Attitude can work though.

^It's also weird.

If you meant what you linked then you would have said something earlier when Antvasima pointed it out or disagreed with it being called a bad word for this reason.

It's honestly confusing that you waited only now, when someone's reported it, to pull up this definition that you never indicated exists and only disagree that it's not a bad word since it's not censored which, honestly isn't an argument.
You guys don't understand what "more seriously" right after it means...? And I did say ngga, not *****.

Also I just didn't see any reason to justify myself.

Did Quasi ever actually use the real N Word with the “i” and stuff?

Cause if not, I personally think we should just give him a warning and move on. Saying a word that’s “close” to the ban-worthy word isn’t the same crime. Obviously I’m not dumb and the usage of the word was implied. But unless he actually said the word, I don’t think he broke the rules. Like if the F word was banned and I said Funk instead as a replacement. Like that wouldn’t be same thing.

That’s my opinion on things

Still don't see why it can't be solved by literaly doing the same thing others get, but whatev.

It even gives me an excuse to deactivate my fandom account although Idk how to do that

It's super easy and you don't need an excuse for that. Whatever your decision we are grateful for your contributions to this community.
Thank you.

And it's just that idk it's still fun calling people out on the dumbest shit they did like change translations to fit their view rather than think through the translators' choice but on one hand it gets old fast so an opportunity would be quite welcomed.

Back