• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

Just got back from work, I was only recently informed that Quasi also admitted to using a sock, in addition to the context of the word, it does sound like he literally intended to bypass a slur. And the word he said as an excuse doesn't line up with the rest of the sentence. So I agree with the permaban via making a sock to create and obvious troll page as well as deliberately attempting to bypass the slur filter.

Ah **** I've been owned on the internet, time to retire from VS forever and go kill myself, it was a good run :/
While this is pretty obviously a joke, I wonder if you are allowed to "play around" with this type of stuff on here, considering that we have, for example, given members multi-month bans just for casually/jokingly saying slurs, and suicide is considered a big issue here. I don't know, so I would like some clarification here.

It was an inappropriate sarcastic joke, as I have encountered several members of this forum who have been genuinely suicidal over the years, and consistently tried to talk them out of it, but it was not intended as an insult or threat to anybody else, and it was an otherwise well-behaved member who said it. I do not think that a ban is remotely necessary in this case.

@FujiwaraYesMokou

Please avoid making these kind of tasteless comments in the future.

Last edited:
While this is pretty obviously a joke, I wonder if you are allowed to "play around" with this type of stuff on here, considering that we have, for example, given members multi-month bans just for casually/jokingly saying slurs, and suicide is considered a big issue here.
Slurs are designed to demean entire groups of people, whereas the only person you are demeaning in a KMS joke is yourself. It's a wildly different thing.

It was an inappropriate sarcstic joke, as I have encountered several members of this forum who have been genuinely suicidal over the years, and consistently tried to talk them out of it, but it was not intended as an insult or threat to anybody else, and it was an otherwise well-behaved member who said it. I do not think that a ban is remotely necessary in this case.

@FujiwaraYesMokou

Please avoid making these kind of tasteless comments in the future.
Thank you for clarifying.

really now

Seems as though Ant and Abstractions have already decided this, but no, I do not plan on genuinely committing suicide over VS debating, now or ever. If it's such a problem then I just won't make posts like that in the future.
That would be preferable, yes. It is a rather tasteless thing to joke about, and considering there are people around who genuinely have a suicidal mindset, particularly in a community such as this one, it's best to pay heed to what you're saying and the implications people can take from those statements.

That would be preferable, yes. It is a rather tasteless thing to joke about, and considering there are people around who genuinely have a suicidal mindset, particularly in a community such as this one, it's best to pay heed to what you're saying and the implications people can take from those statements.
I am quite literally one of those people. Joking about death and such (purely in reference to myself, of course) has been my go-to coping mechanism for several years now, which has worked better than one might expect. Of course, if it reaches the point where it is having an external effect on other people, than that defeats the purpose of being a remedy for something more internal, if that makes sense.

Okay. No problem. I will send you a PM with some useful advice to fight against extreme depression that has worked well for me for a long time.

It isn't really NSFW, we have way, way worse shit on the wiki when it comes to revealing or sexual imagery.
b̵u̵t̵ ̵i̵t̵ ̵i̵s̵ ̵d̵e̵g̵e̵n̵e̵r̵a̵t̵e̵,̵ ̵w̵e̵i̵r̵d̵ ̵a̵n̵d̵ ̵s̵u̵s̵ ̵a̵s̵ ̵f̵u̵c̵k̵ ̵a̵n̵d̵ ̵s̵o̵m̵e̵t̵h̵i̵n̵g̵ ̵t̵h̵a̵t̵ ̵s̵h̵o̵u̵l̵d̵n̵t̵ ̵e̵x̵i̵s̵t̵
i̵f̵ ̵a̵n̵y̵t̵h̵i̵n̵g̵ ̵y̵o̵u̵ ̵s̵h̵o̵u̵l̵d̵ ̵f̵e̵e̵l̵ ̵o̵b̵l̵i̵g̵a̵t̵e̵d̵ ̵n̵o̵t̵ ̵t̵o̵ ̵p̵o̵s̵t̵ ̵t̵h̵a̵t̵

Is it okay to make another post here?

I would like to say something again. This time both to staff and to the users. How tf do y'all make a rule that prevents non-staff users from commenting things that aren't reports and completely fail to implement it? Weren't you supposed to be competent? There's a whole barrage of randoms above commenting shiz like "ban away" and yet nothing is done about it. Impress made some threats to users who weren't staff who said unnecessary things and yet i dont see her reporting anyone who's commenting here without permission. What the heck guys? If I mess up i dont want my fate decided by a bunch of random people.

Now a message for the normal users commenting here. GTFO, before you get GTFOuted.

One may say I'm being a hypocrite by commenting an unnecessary message here myself but considering nothing has been done regarding the problem since the moment the rule was implemented then it's not really an unnecessary message now is it?

Alright. I've awoken.

I agree. Y'all, and I mean all of you, are getting out of hand. This isn't a chatroom. You have threads where you can be as much of a troglodyte as you please.

I'm taking matters into my own hands. Further irrelevant comments will result in a temporary ban until more staff members can decide how to properly handle you. This extends particularly to those of you who have been posting irrelevant shit incessantly. First offenders will be given a warning.

Apparently a man can't even sleep in peace.

Impress made some threats to users who weren't staff who said unnecessary things and yet i dont see her reporting anyone who's commenting here without permission.
It’s almost as if Impress has a job, classes on top, house chores, looking after pets and helping her family members, her own projects, and basic human activities like sleep on top of that, that requires her to not be on this thread 24/7.

It isn’t tough to be considerate, or knowing that you shouldn’t specifically go after a user this way since that is a personalized critique I am forced to acknowledge and said critique is the most ignorant thing I’ve read on the wiki.

Next time go after staff that were online and let it happen instead of those that would’ve had to ditch their university classes to respond to a particular violation, thank you.

Not NSFW from the looks of things, just kinda uncomfortable and gross.
Yes, there was no nudity or sexuality, but underage relatives kissing is definitely inappropriate, even though it was just make believe fictional characters.

I have removed the posts featuring the image. Please do not post anything similar again.

Alright. I've awoken.

I agree. Y'all, and I mean all of you, are getting out of hand. This isn't a chatroom. You have threads where you can be as much of a troglodyte as you please.

I'm taking matters into my own hands. Further irrelevant comments will result in a temporary ban until more staff members can decide how to properly handle you. This extends particularly to those of you who have been posting irrelevant shit incessantly. First offenders will be given a warning.

Apparently a man can't even sleep in peace.
Well, it would be too draconian to entirely ban people from this forum for doing unnecessary posts, but we can remove their posts and prevent them from commenting in this thread (via the thread ban function), preferably not permanently unless they do something severe though.

Except for that I mostly agree.

I mean if a user has been warned multiple times and still posts on the Wiki Managment thread I don't think it's draconian to temp ban them. It's not like we're going "you said something I thought was unnecessary, instaban for months", we've warned them repeatedly, they STILL didn't heed to our call and yet still are only giving a week long ban at best.

Well, I suppose that a few days or up to a week in more extreme cases, combined with deleting derailing unnecessary posts, might work in order to make them learn from the experience.

I know this is from yesterday @TMaakkonen was showing a lot of toxicity in this comment, calling an entire fandom crybabies that have been shattered by some Death Battle and that they have an inferiority complex.

I don't know why people let this slide, even a Thread Moderator was engaging in this toxicity by calling OPM fans touchy and whiny, instead of reporting him or at least telling Maak to halt his hostility.

He also got on a similar aggression just the past april and no one baited an eye either.

So, I advocate for a deserved warning.

And, for better moderation on the Death Battle threads, there has been multiple reports from that thread alone as of lately (And a lot of toxicity is also buried due to the density of the threads) and the only Thread Mod that is there is not even making his job at all.

I know this is from yesterday @TMaakkonen was showing a lot of toxicity in this comment, calling an entire fandom crybabies that have been shattered by some Death Battle and that they have an inferiority complex.

I don't know why people let this slide, even a Thread Moderator was engaging in this toxicity by calling OPM fans touchy and whiny, instead of reporting him or at least telling Maak to halt his hostility.

He also got on a similar aggression just the past april and no one baited an eye either.

So, I advocate for a deserved warning.

And, for better moderation on the Death Battle threads, there has been multiple reports from that thread alone as of lately (And a lot of toxicity is also buried due to the density of the threads) and the only Thread Mod that is there is not even making his job at all.
My apologies, though in my and his defense we were specifically referring to “some” members of those fanbases (and were speaking generally, not calling specific people out). Is pointing out that generally some members of some fanbases can be toxic really a rule violation?

I will quickly read the rules.

But it has been stated from the very start that we should avoid bad blood towards anyone, even those sites that show toxicity towards us (Tho we can defend ourselves when it comes to our stats in a civilized manner).

Its also should generally known at this point that engaging in this kind of behavior, for whatever reason, makes us look bad aswell as a site in general

And even then, this one is complety unnecesary of your part, bringing an unrelated group to call them worse than a bunch of crybabies with a inferiority complex (According to Maak).

You simply have no excuse here.

[Members of X fanbase can be bad] as a general statement doesn’t really target specific individuals or a site. From what I’ve seen plenty of people on the forum voice their opinions that they find certain groups annoying (X wankers bad, X downplayers bad, ect) and it isn’t seen as an issue until they name names.

And even then, this one is complety unnecesary of your part, bringing an unrelated group to call them worse than a bunch of crybabies with a inferiority complex (According to Maak).

You have no excuse here.
Sorry if I offended there, but I stand by that “I’ve met some unsavory OPM and DB fans” isn’t a particularly toxic statement. I see that as no different than “Gee aren’t [Insert fanbase here] wankers annoying?”, which is something people say quite regularly around these parts.

Last edited:
"Refrain from spamming, trolling, threatening, using derogatory comments of any form (ethnic, homophobic, belittling the disabled or mentally ill, etcetera), and rude, vulgar, sexist, etcetera offensive language. To further clarify, we do not tolerate any form of bigotry in any direction whatsoever.

This one is a general rule against toxic behavior towards anyone, not one in particular such ethnic groups or anything of that sorts.

"Avoid talking badly about other wikis and communities, as we do not want any conflicts or bad blood. In addition, do not write anything that can be interpreted as harassment of real people".

Refering to other communities outside of here, not bad blood allowed.

[Members of X fanbase can be bad] as a general statement doesn’t really target specific individuals or a site. From what I’ve seen plenty of people on the forum voice their opinions that they find certain groups annoying (X wankers bad, X downplayers bad, ect) and it isn’t seen as an issue until they name names.
They shouldn't at all, simply because they would still fall under very first rule; Not being an ass.

Not pointing specific individuals doesn't mean allowed toxicity.

Back