• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

Okay. I suppose that is more understandable, but it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth to crack down on the freedom of speech too much, even if I am insulted myself.

Last edited:
It's perfectly valid action. Someone who was banned for one year for being hostile and ignoring warnings, comes back and does the same thing again, then it is definitely grounds for a longer ban. I would have personally gone with 3 years but it's fine either way.

If it was a relatively new user who didn't know better and was probably on the underage side, I would have shown more leniency and simply banned them for a month or two. However, DTG has had a lengthy history of being very hostile and blowing off warnings, and not even a year long block has appeared to do them much justice. And someone who's been here as long as DTG absolutely should have known better not to slander any type of group, so I think a permanent ban is warranted for those combined reasons.

It is also a context over word situation. The word itself isn't offensive, but the way he said it was clearly used in a sarcastic attitude meant to be intentionally rude to them.

Last edited:
I just wanted to speak up since people seemed to place (in my opinion) undue importance on the specific insult used. It's little different from other insults. If this individual is, in general, wretched to those around him, a ban is fine, aye. Just bein' cautious with what we set as precedent.

I just wanted to speak up since people seemed to place (in my opinion) undue importance on the specific insult used. It's little different from other insults. If this individual is, in general, wretched to those around him, a ban is fine, aye. Just bein' cautious with what we set as precedent.
Agreed. It isn't like I remotely think that he used the n-word just because I happen to be autistic. Also, "autistic" is even the medically correct term as far as I am aware.

Oh yeah, this.

Okay, so do you want a temporary or permanent block? You can contact me or AKM via the Community Central wiki if you change your mind.
I don’t really have any intent of returning to the forum (not anytime soon anyway), and as you said contact via CC would be possible regardless of the bans length, so ill leave this up to what you think is appropriate. Anything from a year to permanent is fine with me.

Okay. That is unfortunate, but it is obviously your decision to make.

I will have to bring it up here. Arcker123 is being needlessly toxic in this thread.

Right after posting the thread him and Deceived started engaging in light trolling, taking sarcastic potshots at Damage and Duedate before they even commented on the thread as can be seen here.

If you scroll down the thread the light trolling continues, with responses like this, this and this. These are all targeted towards Damage and this is not at all appropriate to do in a CRT as it comes off as rude and mocking.

Arcker123 goes on to include passive aggressive bits like "this is how you cope" in his responses and calling him goober, which in the context of things, isn't meant in a good way.

He was warned in the thread to cut it out. But then proceeded to do the same with Dread.

He then calls Damage a rat on two occasions.

I don't need to explain why this is a problem. Behavior like this is what turns everybody off from threads like these and it's clearly not an encouraging environment for anybody to contribute. Most sane people would just stop responding if they were treated like this, or otherwise, the thread would become a shitfest. I think a threadban is in order, but if this issue is not isolated and there are examples of it happening before, a more stricter approach may be required.

I am fine with thread bans combined with official warnings being issued.

Last edited:
I will have to bring it up here. Arcker123 is being needlessly toxic in this thread.
Eh. I disagree. (Insert Moyai Emoji here).
Right after posting the thread him and Deceived started engaging in light trolling, taking sarcastic potshots at Damage and Duedate before they even commented on the thread as can be seen here.

This is just the usual banter that pretty much everyone gets up to before discussion actually starts. Me personally tho, I was just memeing about how I expected the thread to be controversial (Which is true). Like, everyone was memeing at that point and I even memed about Deceived "Coping."
If you scroll down the thread the light trolling continues, with responses like this,
This is quite literally me responding to some low effort argument from damage with another low effort response? I use emoji's to convey the absurdity of an argument.
I have no clue how you can interpret this as Damage related in anyway. This is just me responding to goonery and emoji's with similar behavior. I doubt he took that as seriously as you did.
Again, I did this because Damage was just is giving half assed non responses instead of actually debating the arguments. We had an entire section of the CRT dedicated to why the attitude displayed by you and Damage was annoying. I don't take low effort responses like that seriously, hence the emoji. I was just annoyed at the dismissal.
These are all targeted towards Damage and this is not at all appropriate to do in a CRT as it comes off as rude and mocking.
First of all, the claim this is all targeted towards Damage is false, your own scans debunk that. Secondly, I can concede to poor etiquette or appearance sure... but nothing I said is that mocking tbh.
Arcker123 goes on to include passive aggressive bits like "this is how you cope"
I clearly did that in a joking way and it's obvious it's not meant to be taken seriously. Hence why it's crossed out. I said that because Damage's response seemed like a tacit admission he couldn't provide evidence, and was just trying to dodge around that fact by using vague nonsense and passively aggressively dismissing my request for evidence "spelled out in explicit detail." Hence, me calling it "cope." I deadass explain this in the same comment.
and calling him goober, which in the context of things, isn't meant in a good way.
It's meant in a way no different from me calling him a goon or Mrk. It's not supposed to be that offensive. If you want tp get technical, the term is used to describe someone as funny or odd OvO.
Dread was just being annoying and trolling with Jibz whilst derailing so I did that. That clearly wasn't a serious convo, so I don't take it seriously, hence my use of Emoji's.
He then calls Damage a rat on two occasions.
This is just dishonest and leaves out why I said that. I also explained why I was saying those things several times in that thread. Damage was just being frustrating to debate against and was being needlessly pretentious so I called his behavior ratty (Yes Behavior, using the term to refer to someone is specifically in reference to that persons behavior, and even then, in one of those scans I verbatim said he was "being" ratty). It's no different then calling him dishonest or arrogant (albeit in a more flippant manner). There's no way to put this that isn't going to come off as offensive (Yes, calling someone dishonest qualifies, in essence, that's all I meant by "ratty" anyway). Y'all are just over reacting to what I said. I'm also not going to explain the context in this post further, as I did so adequately in the linked scans, so everyone who wants to can just read it for context. This issue was even mutually resolved by Arc, so IDK why this is even brought up.
I don't need to explain why this is a problem.
Is this not the point of RVR? I'd imagine you would have to explain the issue, given how your report consists of:

• Emojis I use in response to unserious posts
  • Extremely Mild Language
  • Out of context responses

I personally don't see much issue here tbh beyond poor etiquette, but whatev.
Behavior like this is what turns everybody off from threads like these and it's clearly not an encouraging environment for anybody to contribute. Most sane people would just stop responding if they were treated like this, or otherwise, the thread would become a shitfest.
Such a hyperbolic post in response to emoji's and mild insults. Generally with me tho, I won't troll people who aren't just being dishonest (Damage) or not already trolling (Everything else).
I think a threadban is in order
I don't think you provide a compelling enough case for this. Most you have is again, some emojis and me being mildly frustrated with a dishonest actor.

Uh so yea. This is my response. If it comes off as unserious or offends you then I apologize. That's not the intent of this post. The intent of this post is to give context and add my thought process to the convo to explain my behavior. I personally think everything I said in that thread was very mild, and a thread ban is unwarranted. As I said, most I did was Emoji spam and respond with mild frustration to someone who I explained was being dishonest. I think a warning is fair. I can admit to all of this being in poor taste, but I think the suggested response, or pursuing any further action based on this is gonna be baseless. This is not that bad in context.

I really hope this is coherent and easy to read. I kinda have a problem with rambling kek.

Last edited:
Okay. You are the affected/insulted party though.

I disagree with Dread being annoying and Damage being dishonest but whatever may be the case, that doesn't justify inappropriate behavior. But since the response came after I already gave a warning saying I am refraining from a thread ban, which Arcker is fine with, I see no point in prolonging this.

Last edited:
hello there, this is my first official post here (don't mind the one before)

this user created this profile, i dunno if it's intentional or accidental since it looks sandbox-ish

hello there, this is my first official post here (don't mind the one before)

this user created this profile, i dunno if it's intentional or accidental since it looks sandbox-ish
They formatted it the way profiles from All Fiction Battles Wiki formats their stuff so I'd assume they are not be familiar with our formatting systems, I'd say it's probably just a mistake but wouldn't hurt to check in and talk to them about it

It seems like he just copy pasted the page directly from the verse's wiki, which for some reason includes a VSBW-esque segment. It's jumbled nonsense but still interesting due to its oddness.

Given that I mainly favour left-libertarian anti-totalitarian freedom of speech principles, I think that we may have originally overreacted with a permanent ban against DarthSpiderr.

Was he being rude and intolerant? Yes.

Did he actually engage in legitimate hate-speech that used slurs and encouraged violence and hatred directed against a specific group? At least not as far as I could tell, and I do not recall him behaving badly previously during his past years of membership.

Basically, I could buy a 3 months ban or so, but living in democracies means having to endure that not everybody will agree with us, and using a "one strike and you're out permanently and will never be allowed to come back again no matter what" approach against everybody who disagree with us seems both draconian and Orwellian to me.

I definitely do not want to create a constant climate of fear of saying anything that is currently deemed politically incorrect among our members, or we will instantly permanently banhammer them no matter their past contributions, even though the vast majority of them do not live in the United States, much less California, and do not remotely share their cultural standards. A certain degree of that approach is unfortunately mandated by Fandom, but I do not think that we should be considerably stricter than even they are.

Basically, I generally believe in fundamental democratic principles of freedom of speech unless it is actually causing legitimate physical harm or threats of harm, and am very uncomfortable with us playing thought police for what is currently deemed wrongthink, even though I personally definitely disagree with DarthSpiderr's expressed sentiments.

I would appreciate if everybody here manage to keep the following conversation polite and respectful without resorting to agitated insults and very exaggerated accusations. Thank you. I am just an anti-totalitarian leftist at heart, and do not like when we strike down too harshly on people who disagree with us, and yes, I also have a very traumatic background and have been assigned various endangered minority group statuses, if that is required for me to be able to express my viewpoint here.

Given that I mainly favour left-libertarian anti-totalitarian freedom of speech principles, I think that we may have originally overreacted with a permanent ban against DarthSpiderr.

Was he being rude and intolerant? Yes.

Did he actually engage in legitimate hate-speech that used slurs and encouraged violence and hatred directed against a specific group? At least not as far as I could tell, and I do not recall him behaving badly previously during his past years of membership.

Basically, I could buy a 3 months ban or so, but living in democracies means having to endure that not everybody will agree with us, and using a "one strike and you're out permanently and will never be allowed to come back again no matter what" approach against everybody who disagree with us seems both draconian and Orwellian to me.

I definitely do not want to create a constant climate of fear of saying anything that is currently deemed politically incorrect among our members, or we will instantly permanently banhammer them no matter their past contributions, even though the vast majority of them do not live in the United States, much less California, and do not remotely share their cultural standards. A certain degree of that approach is unfortunately mandated by Fandom, but I do not think that we should be considerably stricter than even they are.

Basically, I generally believe in fundamental democratic principles of freedom of speech unless it is actually causing legitimate physical harm or threats of harm, and am very uncomfortable with us playing thought police for what is currently deemed wrongthink, even though I personally definitely disagree with DarthSpiderr's expressed sentiments.

I would appreciate if everybody here manage to keep the following conversation polite and respectful without resorting to agitated insults and very exaggerated accusations. Thank you. I am just an anti-totalitarian leftist at heart, and do not like when we strike down too harshly on people who disagree with us, and yes, I also have a very traumatic background and have been assigned various endangered minority group statuses, if that is required for me to be able to express my viewpoint here.
I can agree with that. A punishment was certainly necessary, and the initial report I made was with the intent of discussing what would be reasonable.

Him making sockpuppets in this case, while not great, does make some amount of sense - being banned permanently without trial and seemingly without any way to defend yourself may inspire erratic action, after all. I'd be willing to let that slide given the circumstances, and just judge him on what he did individually.

Overall, I don't think permanent bans without discussion should be handed out so liberally and without discussion. His comment was inflammatory, but still, due process.

Back