• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

Both of you were continually escalating things in turn (your relevant posts being here, here, here, and here).

"Copium" is not an actual drug, it's a joking portmanteau of "cope" and "opium".

King was joking by posting an intense song instead of a relaxing one.

He certainly wasn't helping things, but neither of those things really push it over into being a thing worth punishing him over, imo.

You two should try to defuse situations like this quicker in the future. @LIFE_OF_KING that'd involve not shitposting at people who are annoyed with you.
I did admit that I was in the wrong in the report and I’ll try my best to try to be chill in the future

That is all that I’ll say on the matter

Reporting Kukui for repeatedly contributing to derailing and being unable to debate without claiming the opposition isn't knowledgeable and is thus invalid. He was warned several, several, several times and continues to be rude and combative. I could go on with examples of how they've baselessly accused people of "blatant manipulation of the voting system" just because they are losing.

I request that, at the very least, he is threadbanned from that Pokemon thread in particular and given a warning.

StrymULTRA has, in less significant ways, contributed to this hostile behavior with comments like this and this. I'm noting this only for future reference in the case that his behavior continues.

And of course you report me without me having broken a single damn rule.

But no, I’m going to be reporting @Moritzva right back, because I am doing what I’m supposed to and am flat out getting ignored

She makes a claim in said thread that I debate back against her about. She ignores said claim and then manipulates the situation to make it appear I’m derailing when I’m not

Everything I’ve said in this thread is 100% relevant to the discussion, you can’t report me just because you don’t respond to what I’m debating with.

But no, I’m going to reporting @Moritzva right back, because I am doing what I’m supposed to and am flat out getting ignored

She makes a claim in said thread that I debate back against her about. She ignores said claim and then manipulates the situation to make it appear I’m derailing when I’m not

Everything I’ve said in this thread is 100% relevant to the discussion, you can’t report me just because you don’t respond to what I’m debating with.
Sir, you can't report staff on RVT. I thought my small little staff bar to the side would be enough to tell you that. Also, if HR wishes to review the thread for my behavior, they are free to do so.

Also, you were warned over three times for rudeness and derailing, and continued to do so. That's a rule break, enough to justify at least a thread ban.

If you care to, please explain how saying "... doesn’t bring a better example than the shitty one they pulled out of their ass." is 100% relevant and not rudely excessive for no reason.

Well, lots of derailing and stonewalling can definitely be grounds for a thread ban, but Kukui is not an otherwise ill-behaved member. He is usually trying to be productive, so anything beyond that would definitely be an overreaction.

I do not know if he behaved badly enough for a thread ban though. Can other staff members investigate please?

Sir, you can't report staff on RVT. I thought my small little staff bar to the side would be enough to tell you that. Also, if HR wishes to review the thread for my behavior, they are free to do so.
Really don’t care. You don’t get to make a manipulation of my character and report me over the littlest of things that aren’t rule breaking worthy.
Also, you were warned three times for rudeness and derailing, and continued to do so. That's a rule break, enough to justify at least a thread ban.
Nothing I did was derailing, and the rude remarks in an obviously very controversial thread we’re kept to a minimum.

I didn’t insult anyone, I didn’t make fun of anyone. Getting annoyed is not a rule violation.
If you care to, please explain how saying "... doesn’t bring a better example than the shitty one they pulled out of their ass." is 100% relevant and not rudely excessive for no reason.
Saying someone made an example up and pulled it out of nowhere about the discussion on hand is relevant. I’m debating you. I gave you a counter, you gave me a counter, and I called it out as being made up

In an annoyed manner? Sure. But nothing I said was rude. What’s the typical saying around here? Grow thicker skin?

But no, I’m going to be reporting @Moritzva right back, because I am doing what I’m supposed to and am flat out getting ignored

You basically launched a smear campaign on the staff who voted in favour of the CRT, what do you mean you broke no rules?

Are all examples of you questioning the “legitimacy” of votes on this thread, which planted the seed for stuff like @Arceus0x outright calling for a reset on the vote count, something which MASSIVELY favoured your side of the argument

I wanna note I don’t think Arceus had any malicious intent with his proposition, they merely just suggested something which was not in the best interests of the thread, but it shows how Kukui’s outbursts about votes could have very easily resulted in drastic and horrifically wrong decisions being taken

Kukui is 100% in the wrong on that thread.

They constantly derailed, made rude and ignorant remarks, and refused to shape up even when asked to multiple times.

Because of them, the thread, which is incredibly important and impactful to this wiki, has been chaotic, hard to follow, and outrageously bloated.

They should be thread-banned at the minimum.

I’m also going to respond to the report towards me because I want to make something vividly clear here about what I’m getting upset about.

Reporting Kukui for repeatedly contributing to derailing and being unable to debate without claiming the opposition isn't knowledgeable and is thus invalid. He was warned several, several, several times and continues to be rude and combative. I could go on with examples of how they've baselessly accused people of "blatant manipulation of the voting system" just because they are losing.
This is a straight up false narrative and I’ve clarified this several several times.

I’m not saying peoples opinions are invalidated just because they aren’t knowledgeable on the series they are commenting about. Nothing on this site would get done otherwise if that was the case

What I AM getting upset about

Is the fact that people who side against me and the opposition are not addressing the counter arguments that we have to go through the time and effort of developing.

And we have a right to be angry about that, because what is the point in discussing and going through all of that

If people who go against us never consider our points?

It’s not at all fair to the people who are forced to go through the trouble of setting up points against what’s being proposed and are never given their opportunity to even present their case

This is literally the equivalent to saying I can go in any revision, drop a vote of who I agree with, and then never have to come back to that thread even when counter arguments were presented to go against what I agreed with.

THAT is what I’m upset about.

Because if a vote is made prior to a counter argument being presented, and those people never even SEE those arguments

How in the world is it still a legitimate vote?

People like me and Strym have made dozens of counters that not even half the people in that thread ever got to see.

But somehow those votes are still considered a valid win against us?

Your basically saying that anyone who votes doesn’t need to counter us, they can take whatever side they wish to take, and that even if we go through the effort of providing arguments that could prove what they agree with wrong, they don’t even need to see them in order for their vote to remain the same.

If both sides are not going to be equally considered before someone takes a vote, then yes, a re vote needs to be done. Or else that is just being extremely dismissive to one side.

If Kukui is getting thread-banned, I'll take care of this.

But I'm not accepting any kind of derailing, and I think that waiting for OP's answer to my post (as only @Agnaa was the staff who bothered to read it) is the first step to continue the CRT.
I would repost the original post for the sake of getting things back on track.

But uh, on the actual thread, not RVT.

Because if a vote is made prior to a counter argument being presented, and those people never even SEE those arguments

People like me and Strym have made dozens of counters that not even half the people in that thread ever got to see.

Your basically saying that anyone who votes doesn’t need to counter us, they can take whatever side they wish to take, and that even if we go through the effort of providing arguments that could prove what they agree with wrong, they don’t even need to see them in order for their vote to remain the same.

If both sides are not going to be equally considered before someone takes a vote, then yes, a re vote needs to be done. Or else that is just being extremely dismissive to one side.
Maybe the best solution would be if the two of you collaborate in writing a single post that takes up all of your more important arguments, and a staff member summons all of the other staff members that have participated in the thread, along with the ones listed as being knowledgeable about Pokemon, to evaluate it?? After that you will have to abide by their decisions.

For the record, if I’m still getting thread banned, then I request to be permanently blocked from the site entirely.

cf00d326-19e0-41d2-873f-a23f5745c0f8_text.gif

I think you are being very disingenuous by assuming that all the staff who voted on the thread haven't paid attention to your arguments at all.

That, and you are arrogant in thinking your arguments couldn't possibly be unconvincing. Especially when half of the posts you claim to be "arguments" are nothing more than essays of derailment, ignorant comments, and irrelevant information that has next to nothing to do with the OP.

The vote does not need to be redone. You need to accept that not everyone agrees with you. This is part of the reason that you're being reported.

Mocking memes are very unnecessary.
I disagree. I don't get the point of him asking to be permanently banned, that's not the intent of the report and he can just leave if he truly feels that way. All it does is serve to raise the stakes and make the scenario more tense for no reason, hence the need for tension to be lowered with a mild joke. Very necessary to point out.

Maybe the best solution would be if the two of you collaborate in writing a single post that takes up all of your more important arguments, and a staff member summons all of the other staff members that have participated in the thread, along with the ones listed as being knowledgeable about Pokemon, to evaluate it?? After that you will have to abide by their decisions.
I still think that our standard approach seems best here. Kukui can potentially be thread-banned quickly afterwards.

I disagree. I don't get the point of him asking to be permanently banned, that's not the intent of the report and he can just leave if he truly feels that way. All it does is serve to raise the stakes and make the scenario more tense for no reason, hence the need for tension to be lowered with a mild joke. Very necessary to point out.
Well, I agree that it was a big overreaction on his part.

I think you are being very disingenuous by assuming that all the staff who voted on the thread haven't paid attention to your arguments at all.
It’s not being disingenuous when those people who voted in the first out of, what, 6 pages haven’t come back since when these counters were made?

Strym has even pointed out that Agnaa, who initially agreed with the OP, was the only staff member to have seen his counter arguments when they were made.

Of course I’m going to think this when the lack of participation is apparent. Not saying everyone needs to be apart of a multiple pages discussion, but dropping by at the beginning and not coming back at any point is…very concerning for a voting system
That, and you are arrogant in thinking your arguments couldn't possibly be unconvincing.
Stop putting words in my mouth. It’s not about them being unconvincing, it’s about them not even seen or considered in the first place. And not just my arguments but everyone else’s such as Stryms.
Especially when half of the posts you claim to be "arguments" are nothing more than essays of derailment, ignorant comments, and irrelevant information that has next to nothing to do with the OP.
They are counters towards the OPs arguments. But whatever.
Because I want to not be tempted or given the option of coming back at that point?
Well, I definitely do not want that, as you have usually been a constructive member. Would what I suggested above be acceptable?
If Strym wants to do that, I guess. But otherwise, I’m requesting this as I at this point no longer have any interest in this forum and don’t want to come back or be tempted to with a ban.

You can just... leave and be inactive...
Yes, exactly, and if you want to convince anybody with your arguments, you should collaborate with Strym to create a single explanation post that is then evaluated, as this is our standard approach for these types of situations.

Kukui is very often aggressive with those who disagree with him, whether he is in the right or not. This is not an isolated issue.
Okay. Understood.

What do our staff think about thread-banning Kukui and letting Strym write a summary post of their arguments that our staff can then evaluate?

Last edited:
Yes, exactly, and if you want to convince anybody with your arguments, you should collaborate with Strym to create a single explanation post that is then evaluated, as this is our standard approach for these types of situations.
If that’s what Strym wants to do, then I’ll just pass him whatever points he wants from me and let him handle the thread.

I don’t want to be tempted to coming back here if my account is left normal, so I’d like to be banned to stop me from coming back in the future whether I want to or not.

Kukui is very often aggressive with those who disagree with him, whether he is in the right or not. This is not an isolated issue.
I can certainly agree to that, having been at the receiving end at times.

Though, I feel the need to say this:

Kukui, just take a step back for a while. You're agitated. Getting permabanned is a huge overreaction. Take any decision once you have calmed down.

Back