• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This weakness seems... made up, not only is there no scan saying this, it's also just not a concept in the verse. "Spiritual Strength" and "Spiritual Weakness" are not concepts within Bleach, like at all. No one in Bleach ever uses these terms, not once. This is just baseless head canon.

It's not made up. That's just how it works.

The scans are in the same bit that you quoted.

Never in the series is it portrayed that any hax only affects things far weaker than you. If you’re far stronger than someone (say like Aizen vs Sui Feng) then you can powernull their hax, but only if you’re far stronger. If you’re anywhere near relative you cannot just ignore the hax. Asserting otherwise is nothing but headcanon. In that vein TYBW Ichigo and SK Yhwach are relative to Muken Aizen (Aizen’s KS works and they’re able to scrap physically) yet both Ichigo and Yhwach can get within touch distance or straight up touch Aizen without getting EE’d. Similarly Monster Aizen evolves to the point of harming Dangai Ichigo (relativity) and can touch him but Dangai Ichigo isn’t EE’d. As such they should resist EE. “But it doesn’t erase the ground tho” is an argument from ignorance.

It's an even bigger headcanon to assert that Ichigo and Yhwach have some unexplained resistance to it, when it's far more likely that it just didn't work on them.

It's an even bigger headcanon to assert that Ichigo and Yhwach have some unexplained resistance to it, when it's far more likely that it just didn't work on them.
😭

“It’s head canon to assume to assume they have resistance when we see them resist it”

Being unaffected by hax resistance 💀. Why do you keep saying this as if it means anything???

I don't see any new evidence here that wasn't in the last thread we had on this topic. Put me in the disagree column for now.
It’s still head canon. Give me the scan where a character says the words “Spiritual Strength allows you to resist Aizen’s EE”

@Arcker123; not having every single thing spelled out in explicit detail via statements does not mean that every alternative is baseless headcanon.

@Arcker123; not having every single thing spelled out in explicit detail via statements does not mean that every alternative is baseless headcanon.
So is this how you cope? Why is it so hard to provide the statements. You’re extrapolating a bunch from basically nothing.

It’s headcanon to invent a bunch of concepts that don’t exist in series to pretend there’s a weakness.

@Damage3245 its your burden to prove that some kind of spiritual weakness exists, a burden which you have not fulfilled. You haven’t provided a single piece of evidence to support such.
I think that the topic was covered in the previous thread. That's good enough for me right now.

I'm not making a claim or trying to prove anything, Arcker. I'm questioning the logic.

Why is the EE literal? Characters are not infallible by default, especially not arrogant ones. Why would he KNOW that they genuinely get erased? Why is Aizen's word being taken completely literally? Why can't "my power" be referring to his strength when 99% of the time when people talk about power they're talking about STRENGTH, and Aizen isn't completely infallible?

Get off the ******* high horse of "i'm right and you're wrong" and answer the questions. Defend it. No dogma on a revision where you're pushing your own interpretation. You are not 100% guaranteed to be correct. Stop strawmanning me by saying "prove it" when i'm literally just questioning your logic, i'm asking you questions.

How the hell do you seriously expect to get a revision past if your response to questioning is "you're baseless and wrong" instead of trying to actually defend yourself? Don't just repeat your interpretation as if it's fact.
The EE should be viewed as literal, because its not being a case of raw power. Whilst it does use the word power, power, especially in manga, is a very vague word to describe something, all that it means is the ability to do/act upon something. Meaning, let's say that Aizen does say that its his power to now erase beings from existence, he now has the ability to actively erase beings from existence. I don't think Aizen is saying it to be hyperbolic, unless you can prove otherwise. Also no, the Chair and the seals don't count, they are made to especifically seal Aizen, which if anything, its a feat for Mayuri and Kisuke, being able to create seals that can handle EE.
It's not made up. That's just how it works.

The scans are in the same bit that you quoted.

As for this part, I could go for the easy argument of "we can say that about any character", but no, we don't do that here. Instead, you could just say Ichigo and Yhwach have a resistance to it, and there are no anti feats to suggest its a case of a power difference or anything, as Yhwach and Ichigo are able to just touch Aizen and not get erased, now its up to you to show evidence that its because of their raw power that they are resisting it, which you can't for the following reasons:

-When Dangai Ichigo fought Monster Aizen, it became clear that Aizen evolved to harm that Ichigo (as we see the Fragors burned a portion of Ichigo's arm), and we see Aizen holding Ichigo by the neck and he isn't getting erased. If it was a case of a massive power difference, and it would explain why Ichigo managed to resist it at first, it doesn't explain how it didn't affect Ichigo at that specific point, as Ichigo is clearly now on the same level as Aizen and he isn't being affected by it.

-Yhwach its pretty simple, he is on the similar level of power as Aizen, Aizen can use illusions on him and can physically harm him, yet Yhwach doesn't get erased.

Once again, if you wanna say its because of a massive power difference, than you have to prove it. I can post the scans if you want.

I think that the topic was covered in the previous thread. That's good enough for me right now.
No your arguments about the chair and ground and who the hax affected has been addressed in this thread and OP. If you’re going to refuse to refute anything, then you’re conceding via burden of rejoinder. And may I remind you that last thread went through because you went behind the back of an already open EE thread to make a new one despite their existing an open one in which the vote wasn’t in your favor. I don’t really care for your sentiment here, either address the refutation to your old thread presented in the OP, or you’re simply conceding via burden of rejoinder.

The mistake here is in assuming that "hax" by default is all-powerful and that any instances of it not working must be through some inherent resistance to said hax.

I don't blame anyone for thinking this way, and you can take this view if you want. But I don't share this viewpoint.

-When Dangai Ichigo fought Monster Aizen, it became clear that Aizen evolved to harm that Ichigo (as we see the Fragors burned a portion of Ichigo's arm), and we see Aizen holding Ichigo by the neck and he isn't getting erased. If it was a case of a massive power difference, and it would explain why Ichigo managed to resist it at first, it doesn't explain how it didn't affect Ichigo at that specific point, as Ichigo is clearly now on the same level as Aizen and he isn't being affected by it.

I don't understand what you mean? How is that in support of Ichigo having resistance?

-Yhwach its pretty simple, he is on the similar level of power as Aizen, Aizen can use illusions on him and can physically harm him, yet Yhwach doesn't get erased.

Yes... and?

Once again, if you wanna say its because of a massive power difference, than you have to prove it. I can post the scans if you want.

It sort of seems to me that you helped prove it for me.

But again, I don't have issues with anyone taking the opposite interpretation.

The mistake here is in assuming that "hax" by default is all-powerful and that any instances of it not working must be through some inherent resistance to said hax.

I don't blame anyone for thinking this way, and you can take this view if you want. But I don't share this viewpoint.
This is how the wiki works. Hax aren’t weak unless they are shown to be. It is your burden to prove this, and you’ve failed to meet it.
I don't understand what you mean? How is that in support of Ichigo having resistance?
You don’t understand what he’s arguing, he’s using this to disprove it being power related.

Because if it was a case that Ichigo was jsut massively stronger than Aizen and that's why he could resist it, why does it still not work when they are basically on the same level of power?

Yes... and?

What do you want me to say? Its going like this:

You: Its a case of power.

Me: No its not, they're equals and yet they aren't being affected.

It sort of seems to me that you helped prove it for me.

But again, I don't have issues with anyone taking the opposite interpretation.
What points?

This is how the wiki works. Hax aren’t weak unless they are shown to be. It is your burden to prove this, and you’ve failed to meet it.

Evidently not since the other thread was accepted.

Because if it was a case that Ichigo was jsut massively stronger than Aizen and that's why he could resist it, why does it still not work when they are basically on the same level of power?

Because Aizen isn't massively stronger than Ichigo there.

I didn't say it didn't work on Ichigo because he was massively stronger than Aizen.

You: Its a case of power.
Me: No its not, they're equals and yet they aren't being affected.

Them being equals and Yhwach not being affected would be more in support of my point than yours.

I didn't say it didn't work on Ichigo because he was massively stronger than Aizen.
Again you have to prove that Aizen’s passive EE has a weakness of only working on those far weaker than him. Which is never implied with this ability at all. We are explicitly told in Bleach that the only way to power null hax is to be massively stronger than your opponent, indicative with Aizen vs Sui Feng. Furthermore, with Ichigo vs Byakuya, we are explicitly told that your own spiritual pressure (in this case Aizen’s EE aura) is relative to you and can affect you (ie when Ichigo got crushed by his own SP). There’s no implication or precedence for having hax that only works on those far weaker than you, whereas there’s innumerable cases of the exact opposite.

Them being equals and Yhwach not being affected would be more in support of my point than yours.
What I am trying to get at here from both when I was responding to someone else and you is that its not a case of raw strength and its something you have to prove to be the case. Power just means the capability to act or do something, and all your scans that you used last time just said power, meaning Aizen had the capability to erase someone from existence, unless you can prove otherwise, which you can't because only 2 people resist it, that is Ichigo and Yhwach, and in those instances, Aizen is like on their level, yet they don't get erased, meanwhile everyone else gets negged, Gin almost had his arm erased, Shunsui was like "ok, if I get too close to this guy whilst he is still sealed, I might get erased from existence", etc., and the only reason Aizen mentions humans is because... humans are who being Aizen's opposition at that moment. Now its ALL up to you to prove it is a case of a power difference instead of an actual ability, I have provided my burden of proof and I can provide scans for my reasoning if you want me to.

Again you have to prove that Aizen’s passive EE has a weakness of only working on those far weaker than him. Which is never implied with this ability at all. We are explicitly told in Bleach that the only way to power null hax is to be massively stronger than your opponent, indicative with Aizen vs Sui Feng. Furthermore, with Ichigo vs Byakuya, we are explicitly told that your own spiritual pressure (in this case Aizen’s EE aura) is relative to you and can affect you (ie when Ichigo got crushed by his own SP).
Unfortunately in this instance the anti-feats for it working against people who are comparable to Aizen (Ichigo and Yhwach) are the ones that you're arguing have an inherent resistance to it.

Since trying to use them as an argument against you would first require you to accept them as being valid pieces of evidence (which can't be considered due to the proposal here), then you can just dismiss them as not being anti-feats.

There’s no implication or precedence for having hax that only works on those far weaker than you, whereas there’s innumerable cases of the exact opposite.

Technically there is only 1 which is Yammy's soul-sucking technique IIRC. But I don't consider that really comparable here.

What I am trying to get at here from both when I was responding to someone else and you is that its not a case of raw strength and its something you have to prove to be the case. Power just means the capability to act or do something, and all your scans that you used last time just said power, meaning Aizen had the capability to erase someone from existence, unless you can prove otherwise, which you can't because only 2 people resist it, that is Ichigo and Yhwach, and in those instances, Aizen is like on their level, yet they don't get erased, meanwhile everyone else gets negged, Gin almost had his arm erased, Shunsui was like "ok, if I get too close to this guy whilst he is still sealed, I might get erased from existence", etc., and the only reason Aizen mentions humans is because... humans are who being Aizen's opposition at that moment. Now its ALL up to you to prove it is a case of a power difference instead of an actual ability, I have provided my burden of proof and I can provide scans for my reasoning if you want me to.
By the same logic somebody could just say "Prove that it would have worked on Ichgio and Yhwach in the first place" and it would be an equally fruitless discussion. That's sort of the issue with this perspective on hax.

Unfortunately in this instance the anti-feats for it working against people who are comparable to Aizen (Ichigo and Yhwach) are the ones that you're arguing have an inherent resistance to it.

Since trying to use them as an argument against you would first require you to accept them as being valid pieces of evidence (which can't be considered due to the proposal here), then you can just dismiss them as not being anti-feats.
They cannot be anti feats. The argument that they are anti feats gets negged by equal interpretation with the claim that Ichigo and Yhwach simply resist EE. To which to determine which claim is better we have to look at the series precedence, because the claims on their own (Aizen’s hax has a weakness of not working on characters he is relative to vs Ichigo and Yhwach simply resist the hax) are both equally valid interpretations in a vacuum, hence why they fall to equal interpretation. However, there is a precedence of Aizen’s hax working on Yhwach via KS, and ever other hax showing in the verse. Finally, the only time we are told hax falls short is when you’re so strong you can powernull those weaker than you.

At best, this would still warrant likely/possibly resistances for Ichigo and Yhwach, given that at the bare minimum your interpretation and my interpretation are equally valid.

By the same logic somebody could just say "Prove that it would have worked on Ichgio and Yhwach in the first place" and it would be an equally fruitless discussion. That's sort of the issue with this perspective on hax.
What you just said is one of the most irrelevant things out there. Address the bible I just posted.

They cannot be anti feats. The argument that they are anti feats gets negged by equal interpretation with the claim that Ichigo and Yhwach simply resist EE

Right, that's why I said I didn't blame anyone for having the interpretation that they did.

At best, this would still warrant likely/possibly resistances for Ichigo and Yhwach, given that at the bare minimum your interpretation and my interpretation are equally valid.

At best, yeah, but I don't think that what is presented is sufficient for that currently.

At best, yeah, but I don't think that what is presented is sufficient for that currently.
I’d have to disagree here as we see Aizen’s other hax affect Yhwach. We have every other hax instance working against relative characters. Then we have the statement that hax is only power nulled if the hax user is far far weaker than the opponent. However, I won’t pretend it’s objective either since we don’t see it work on someone relative to Aizen (few of those exist). But to say then that means it inherently cannot is an argument from ignorance. Hence why I support a likely/possibly rating over a full or limited rating.

@Arc7Kuroi; I'm not suggesting that all hax be exactly the same here. Saying that other hax worked against Yhwach doesn't mean much when we're focusing on a specific ability.

@Arc7Kuroi; I'm not suggesting that all hax be exactly the same here. Saying that other hax worked against Yhwach doesn't mean much when we're focusing on a specific ability.
You don’t understand what he’s arguing. He’s saying that its not the case that Yhwach was unaffected via power, because Aizen can use his other hax on him, and he’s shown to be relative. He’s disproving your arg with that example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back