• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

I can certainly agree to that, having been at the receiving end at times.

Though, I feel the need to say this:

Kukui, just take a step back for a while. You're agitated. Getting permabanned is a huge overreaction. Take any decision once you have calmed down.
Strongly agreed.

I’ve stepped away from this for a bit and my thoughts still remain the same. I don’t want to derail the RvT as it’s not a discussion thread, so I’m just going to say this and leave it at that.

Ive been feeling this way for sometime now, this is not just an impulsive decision because of the recent events. Very few things have been the only reason why I haven’t left the site already, and even then my interest in remaining here has been on a steady decline. I do not feel comfortable being here with how the site is being handled at this point in time and I can’t stand by it anymore. You can call this whatever you’d like if you want to, but this is how I feel about it and my stance isn’t going to be changing anytime soon.

Okay, so do you want a temporary or permanent block? You can contact me or AKM via the Community Central wiki if you change your mind.

I will say that like... discrediting a user for their verse knowledge is valid in certain scenarios, if it is relevant to the debate in question (wrt verse context for example) and you can demonstratively prove this beyond a "you don't know this one trivial thing/you disagree with my subjective assertion/you're just wrong". i don't know Kukui's case here and haven't checked it, but like, sometimes people can genuinely not know the verse well and still make CRTs on it and give consistency claims based on surface level assumptions or to echo discussion from other vs. debating sites, it happens in comic threads all the time.

So that part isn't inherently a violation, as an FYI.

Yes, that is true, but it obviously still isn't good to stonewall and be repeatedly aggressive, as other staff members told us was the case here.

I still think that our standard approach seems best here. Kukui can potentially be thread-banned quickly afterwards.
FYI, The thread ban wasn’t agreed on. Ant said I can be potentially thread banned quickly afterwards, which wouldn’t be an option if it was agreed on.

And I’m still going to leave. I’m making quick responses since the ban wasn’t officialized according to this.

Last edited:
I should notify, Kukui has years ago been considered one of the friendliest and most contributive regular users the wiki ever had, but he has recently been going through some depressive phases which has been effecting his general behavior on the wiki as of late. It probably is better for his mental health if he took a break from the wiki and maybe stayed away from threads that he has been too passionate about. And my relationship combined with his past reputation shouldn't override his most recent contributions. We've had many cases like this before that even some of the greatest staff members we ever had basically turned into deliberate trolls in their most recent activities and they deserve to be treated as the latter if that's how they generally have been as of late. Kukui's no where near that level of change, but there is still some mishaps either way.

I am fine with the thread ban and wish I could have contributed sooner to this discussion. I just hope Kukui recovers soon.

Did someone forget to apply the damn thread ban or something? If he wants to leave input, the man can talk to someone else, he can't break the rules then come back once he's feeling better.
Okay, we got overwhelming support on the thread ban in the first place. Can we move forward with actually applying it already, because I was pretty certain it had already been applied.
Sorry, I thought that you would handle it. Feel free to do so.

He was banned for a whole year for hostile comments, but this is really over the line. I think a permaban is warranted given his history.
Eh? That seems like a complete overreaction to me, given the rather mild degree of his offence. And yes, I am classified as being autistic, but nevertheless, let's not be very oversensitive here.

I could see banning him for around a month, but permanently? That seems way too authoritarian. I usually don't even raise an eyebrow for insults of this level unless they are made in front of a large audience.

I would like to note that autistic isn't the worst insult I've seen used on this site. If the guy is well known to be rude, insulting, etc all day and night, so be it. But in general warnings are better than bans for simple insults.
Yes, agreed. A strong warning seems better in general for these types of first-time offences, but since he had a bad history as well, I can agree with a ban, just not a permanent one.

Back