• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Riordanverse Tier 6 Revisions: Part 2

A high feat is not necessarily an outlier. Only the most extreme cases are considered an outlier, and it's not like demigods are consistently 7-C. Also there's that Hades's earthquake which was a minor event compared to Ares's attack while fighting Percy. If you meant the burden of proof is on me to prove that 6-C is usable over 7-C feats, then you also have to prove how 7-C is usable over 9-B feats in the verse.

Riordanverse is fictional, the real world doesn't matter.

If the fragments are flying fast enough then Earth-Busting is indeed Tier 4.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
If you meant the burden of proof is on me to prove that 6-C is usable over 7-C feats, then you also have to prove how 7-C is usable over 9-B feats in the verse.
Quoting Kep:

"Index:

• Percy destroying the Hubbard Glacier was calculated at 7-C
  • Nico opening a gigantic pit that extended to Hades was calculated at Low 7-B
  • Jason and Enceladus clashing is 7-C
  • Hazel's feat is High 7-C."
And there is the Mount St. Helen feat

Riordanverse is fictional, the real world doesn't matter.

Ignoring the fact that the Mount St. Helen of the Riordanverse is literally the same as the one in real life because Earth in the Riordanverse is literally real life Earth but with myths, we always use real life as a reference for feats.

If the fragments are flying fast enough then Earth-Busting is indeed Tier 4.

You missed my point. Just like we'd always treat Earth busting as the most reasonable assumption (Aka 5-B) instead of treating it as a supporting feat for tier 4 (Unless there is a tier 4 calc for it), there is no reason to assume that said eruption could be tier 6 unless you can prove it with a calc

With all due respect Spino. While I do agree with you, everyone disagrees with us. We should discuss the revisions now, and instead of dwelling on the 6-C feats. It doesnt mean it always be whatever we revise them too. We still have a new series planned, AND we have two new series for other mythos that will get more and more feats. For now, I am switching to Regis and Co's side. More feats will come, lets just get on discussing the revisions and not escalate this into a super long discussion.

Kal makes good sense here.

I forgot the volcano feat is literally St. Helens.

We don't even need to calc that; it's 24 Megatons.

This says that the blast itself was 7 megatons.

Not sure about the energy that hit Percy, as we have to take into account surface area, and while we can use standard human SA for Percy, idk how to find out the SA of the explosion itself

So I want some thoughts on 2 things:

• Should AP feats done by earth/water/fire manipulation and other similar powers scale to one's durability? We know that some people are naturally immune/resistant to some of this which makes this a bit tricky to figure out.
Use the demigods linked in the OP when discussing.

• What is the stance on Celestial Bronze/Imperial Gold/Stygian iron weapons? Do they need a separate rating as they are all super effective against monsters?

I mean, they do not scale automatically, not by our standards. In-verse, I'm not sure. Though, those resistant to it should merely get "X tier against fire" for exemple.

Not sure about weapons.

Like Risci said, they don't scale automatically and require feats of it. Thing is that Percy and co do have the feats due to repeatedly taking hits from Jason/Thalia's lightning and the same lightning being used to harm other beings that they harm physically.

It isn't the same eruption.
We use the St. Helens eruption as a baseline for violent volcanic eruptions from volcanoes in fictional universes.

Using St. Helens as a baseline for literally St. Helens doesn't seem very unreasonable to me.

"We use the St. Helens eruption as a baseline for violent volcanic eruptions from volcanoes in fictional universes."

Says who? You? There's no volcano eruption page on this wiki.

It's literally just randomly assuming 2 unrelated eruptions are the same.
We are assuming it's as strong as a decently powered one, yes.

Because there aren't that many erruptions above VEI 5, and it's not exactly fair to assume that this was.

It's literally just randomly assuming 2 unrelated eruptions are the same.
No

It's assuming a violent eruption from Mt. St. Helens is comparable to a violent eruption from Mt. St. Helens.

@Dargoo Faust Other verses assume St Helens as a lowball because the volcano eruption is the strongest in the verse, unlike in this case. It means the character is "At least 7-B". However demigods have 6-C feats here.

In this case the St Helens eruption is indeed a low-ball, but we do not know the exact value for it to be a valid anti-feat.

@Dargoo Faust Other verses assume St Helens as a lowball because the volcano eruption is the strongest in the verse, unlike in this case. It means the character is "At least 7-B". However demigods have 6-C feats here.
In this case the St Helens eruption is indeed a low-ball, but we do not know the exact value for it to be a valid anti-feat.
One 6-C feat, yes. Even then I have issues with how it was extrapolated but that's for another day.

And again, the lowball for other verses is in regards to extremely large volcanoes. We happen to know how large St. Helens is and how much energy it released when it exploded, and the same mountain just happens to explode in the Riordanverse.

I honestly have no clue why using the value for St. Helens for St. Helens is such a hard thing to accept.

We use St Helens value as a low-ball value but it is higher by an unknown amount. We do not know the exact value of the eruption and it cannot be used as an anti-feat.

6-C is just a no. It's been accepted by everyone but you, and one persons opinions matters only so much after a certain time.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
6-C is just a no. It's been accepted by everyone but you, and one persons opinions matters only so much after a certain time.
Multiple people agreed with 6-C. It's not like only I think so.

And they stopped trying to argue for their position by a bit.

And you are repeating everything at nauseum. It wasn't accepted, that's that. You repeating the same thing over and over does not make you more believable.

@Spino

Can you please drop this? Unless you have other 6-C feats, the downgrade is happening.

On topic, what is the new tier for Big 3 kids and do normal demigods scale to them?

I am repeating the same thing to respond to you repeating the same thing?

Them stop arguing because they are busy in real life doesn't make their points less valid.

AnonymousBlank said:
@Spino
Can you please drop this? Unless you have other 6-C feats, the downgrade is happening.

On topic, what is the new tier for Big 3 kids and do normal demigods scale to them?
Probably 7-B. Nico has a 7-B baseline feat (or Low 7-B+ cant remember)

Percy Mt St Helen Feat is 7-B.

IIRC people compared the demi god children of the big three as powerful as an atom bomb.

Hazel's feat is High 7-C

and there is two feats in 7-C

7-B is probably the general consesus I think.

Back