• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
These specific statements probably aren't super useful tho, since we know his chariot isn't giving off actual sun-level heat (it flies way too close to the Earth's surface for it to actually be that hot).
Can’t that just be chalked up to the way humans view it? They still view it as giving off that amount of power so it does, but it doesn’t have the adverse effects like melting the planet because they don’t actually care about that part, just about all the positives

Was there a reason the gods 6-C Feat of turning into pure energy when entering their divine forms was removed from their AP?
It wasn't really discussed. The current ratings are basically just placeholders while we find better stuff. Although that does go into something I want to bring up regarding their stats, namely that their divine forms are above any of their manifestations and should probably be labeled as such in its own key. I think it's perfectly reasonable that at least some of their weaker manifestations are roughly on the physical level of extremely powerful demigods (still stronger, but not to the point of accidentally poking them to death whenever they fight. This also helps close some scaling inconsistencies, even if we can't definitively prove how strong a particular body is at any given time), so it's possible we could have the divine form of minor gods at 6-C (from the energy conversion calc), and some other rating for their manifestations, probably a note that it varies by how much essence they place into it, and we can find a baseline for that. Major gods like the Olympians will probably scale to Apollo's Gobi Desert feat, however that ends up working out. And the Big 3 already retained their large country scaling from the Titanomachy.

Can’t that just be chalked up to the way humans view it? They still view it as giving off that amount of power so it does, but it doesn’t have the adverse effects like melting the planet because they don’t actually care about that part, just about all the positives
No. Humans are able to process that the sun being too close is harmful. Besides that, we already have examples of what happens when Apollo flies too close to the ground in his chariot. The aforementioned Gobi Desert incident is one, but not the only time something like that has happened.

No. Humans are able to process that the sun being too close is harmful.
That wasn’t what I was saying.
The chariot is specifically suppose to represent humans’ dreams of the of the sun and its power.

When Apollo begins to list off the way the sun/chariot is viewed he talks about the way it helps earth and why people dream of it and need it, he doesn’t talk about the Greek’s belief of what the sun would do to earth if it touched it.

These beliefs such as providing energy to everyone on the planet, illuminating the earth, and growing crops would still scale to the chariot’s power

Also doesn’t Apollo have control of the chariot and its energy? Why would he allow the chariot to destroy the entire earth instead of using its power for its intention?

That wasn’t what I was saying.
The chariot is specifically suppose to represent humans’ dreams of the of the sun and its power.

When Apollo begins to list off the way the sun/chariot is viewed he talks about the way it helps earth and why people dream of it and need it, he doesn’t talk about the Greek’s belief of what the sun would do to earth if it touched it.

These beliefs such as providing energy to everyone on the planet, illuminating the earth, and growing crops would still scale to the chariot’s power

Also doesn’t Apollo have control of the chariot and its energy? Why would he allow the chariot to destroy the entire earth instead of using its power for its intention?
These are not separate beliefs. They're all encompassed within their concept of the sun. And once again, we know unambiguously that the chariot doesn't have a quality that stops its heat from harming the Earth. The events of the books literally disagree with you. It emits heat and that heat can have negative effects on the Earth. This isn't really up for debate, as it's both stated and shown to us that it can damage stuff.

Having control of the chariot doesn't mean he can just make it unable to release heat. The whole point is that it releases heat and light, and he can't really stop that without defeating the entire purpose of flying it at all.

These are not separate beliefs. They're all encompassed within their concept of the sun. And once again, we know unambiguously that the chariot doesn't have a quality that stops its heat from harming the Earth. The events of the books literally disagree with you. It emits heat and that heat can have negative effects on the Earth. This isn't really up for debate, as it's both stated and shown to us that it can damage stuff.

Having control of the chariot doesn't mean he can just make it unable to release heat. The whole point is that it releases heat and light, and he can't really stop that without defeating the entire purpose of flying it at all.
The point is that regardless of if it can or cannot release heat, Apollo can outright control the amount of heat it gives out and what the heat and light does or goes to, he doesn’t really have to fly it, he just does because he can, he even lets demigods give it whirl

Also can you source which book the desert feat is from or provide the statement for it?

Last edited:
The point is that regardless of if it can or cannot release heat, Apollo can outright control the amount of heat it gives out and what the heat and light does or goes to, he doesn’t really have to fly it, he just does because he can, he even lets demigods give it whirl
Him not having to fly it is a product of the cosmology. That has nothing to do with the fact that everything stated and shown about it says it doesn't have literal sun level heat.

Him not having to fly it is a product of the cosmology. That has nothing to do with the fact that everything stated and shown about it says it doesn't have literal sun level heat.
It doesn’t really have to have sun level heat, it still would scale in energy to the feat of providing the planet with light and people with heat.

Also couldn’t you make the same argument for him not erasing the earth? It being a product of the verse’s cosmology

Have you read Trials of Apollo btw? I feel like you would be hard-pressed to actually read it come away with this understanding of the sun chariot.
Not yet, but since it was more so focused on human Apollo, I assumed it didn’t really have anything to do with the topic at hand, unless it says it doesn’t provide the energy mentioned above, it should still be calcable

Anyone have a link to the ILVIS explosion calc (I'm still lost on how that acronym was gotten)

i.e Jason's weapon snapping on Mt Diablo

Why does it not qualify for vaporization?
There's nothing supporting it
Vaporization: Applied when the matter that was destroyed was vaporized during the attack. Much like for Pulverization, we usually use this value when we see no remains of the matter that was destroyed in the attack, but in addition there has to be a considerable amount of visible vapor and/or character statements that imply vaporization, usually the latter. The value is 25700 (J/cc).

The other calcs aren't faring too well either
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...celadus_Shakes_a_Mountain_(Riordanverse_calc)
This can't be used because it doesn't fit into the criteria for earthquake calcs
The bullet slow motion feat faced a similar fate
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Stryker861/Percy_Jackson_deflects_a_bullet

On the other hand, I did a recalc of one of Jason's lightning feat and got MHS
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Testarossa002/Jason_Defeats_an_Evil_Espresso

And the Khione feat got a higher result than before

There's nothing supporting it
Damn alr
The other calcs aren't faring too well either
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...celadus_Shakes_a_Mountain_(Riordanverse_calc)
This can't be used because it doesn't fit into the criteria for earthquake calcs
The bullet slow motion feat faced a similar fate
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Stryker861/Percy_Jackson_deflects_a_bullet

On the other hand, I did a recalc of one of Jason's lightning feat and got MHS
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Testarossa002/Jason_Defeats_an_Evil_Espresso

And the Khione feat got a higher result than before
Rip mountain and bullet calc, I guess I expected the second one since most other calcs put it at supersonic or below. Khione feat is nice, demigods like Percy and Frank who have beaten minor gods should scale right?

Damn alr

Rip mountain and bullet calc, I guess I expected the second one since most other calcs put it at supersonic or below. Khione feat is nice, demigods like Percy and Frank who have beaten minor gods should scale right?
I think I have a way we can scale them

Let me get the Olympians thread out of the way

Can control all aspects of war, starting and ending conflicts, manipulating the rise and fall of nations through war
Two things
1. Why is it conceptual manipulation?

2. Can I get the quote for this?

I'm looking to give some Olympians with abstract spheres of influence (Athena, Venus etc) conceptual manipulation
Problem is, I have almost zero knowledge on what qualifies for CM

Best I have is that they can't fully die unless love or wisdom is completely destroyed.

Alright

Page 26 of Chalice, chapter 4
"No problem, as long as I remembered not to breathe underwater, swim at Mach 5, or come out of the pool totally dry. Those things tended to get me strange looks"

Mach 5 isn't anything too crazy but getting an outright speed given is pretty cool. Also pretty sure this wouldn't be exaggeration considering his other statements when he's swam fast in the other books.

Is anyone here looking to revise the demigods stats?

I'd like to do it but I'd rather not let it clash with the stuffs of other people

Is anyone here looking to revise the demigods stats?

I'd like to do it but I'd rather not let it clash with the stuffs of other people
I think some people were talking about it on the Olympians thread but nothing concrete. Plus there was an older user who had a huge overhaul planned but idk what he's doing now

Feat/interesting stuff in chalice

-statement from him saying that he can swim at Mach 5
-interesting statement where he talks about "throwing around H2O" just though using H2O instead of water was interesting.
-Percy gets thrown by a minor god Geras right at a playground and his senses go into "overdrive", twisting in midair and swinging around rather than just crashing into it
-explodes the river of a minor god away from him, reaches for water down possibly into the Underworld, moving millions of metric tons and somehow washing the walls of the cliff clean.

Back