• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Talk about anything Riordanverse related

latest

Upcoming stuff:
Percy Jackson Disney+ TV show
Kane Chronicles Netflix movie
Untitled Solangelo book

I think the verse could use an overall revision. Currently the gods scale in lifting strength to Percy's sky feat, but I'm pretty sure that's heavily disputed + an outlier.

The Riordanverse is in dire need of some serious revision... Like Artemis somehow being listed as more powerful than Zeus, who's listed as being merely "Large Country level"... 😒

In accordance with this thread, we can try to update the riordanverse profiles with references

Scans are also very much needed

I'll also see if I can create a blog for something like grecoroman gods physiology
Seeing as stuffs like the immortality, regen, transmutation, shapeshifting are general abilities for all gods
I was actually working on something like this on another site. And I have a bunch of baseline abilities for Magicians and Egyptian gods too. I just need to move all my scans so they're compatible with this site.

Nico with demigod magic resistance
The resistance shouldn't be enough to actually stop Carter's magic from working on him, especially when his attacks still managed to work on Percy while he was in water, so with that being said I'd lean more towards Carter in a fight.

Honestly from my understanding, The Kane Siblings as a whole kindve wash most of the demigods, and upper tier seven members.

The resistance shouldn't be enough to actually stop Carter's magic from working on him, especially when his attacks still managed to work on Percy while he was in water, so with that being said I'd lean more towards Carter in a fight.

Honestly from my understanding, The Kane Siblings as a whole kindve wash most of the demigods, and upper tier seven members.
Percy was affected when Carter summoned the first (though still took basically no damage), Carter’s other spell sizzled around him like it was “confused”

Percy was affected when Carter summoned the first (though still took basically no damage), Carter’s other spell sizzled around him like it was “confused”
The only spell that was confused was the first one he did, the fist spell managed to hit Water Dipped Percy with enough force to knock him out of his shoes
A giant fist the size of a dishwasher shimmered into existence and slammed Camper Boy into the next county. I mean I literally punched him out of his shoes. He rocketed from the river with a loud suck-plop! And the last thing I saw was his bare feet achieving escape velocity as he flew backwards and disappeared from sight.
Percy was even held back by a spell of Carter’s during their battle.

Camper Boy was sitting nearby in waist-deep water, looking dejected. My magic rope had wrapped round his sword arm, then lashed his hand to the side of his head. Unable to let go of his sword, he looked like he had a single reindeer antler sprouting next to his ear. He tugged at the rope with his free hand, but of course he couldn't make any progress.
Not to mention we see Egyptian magic work on both Percy and Annabeth later in the last crossover
I charged at Setne. He just waved his hand and muttered, "Hu-Ai."

More stupid hieroglyphs flashed in front of me. I fell on my face. My face did not appreciate that. I got mud in my nostrils and blood in my mouth from biting my tongue. When I blinked, the red hieroglyphs burned on the insides of my eyelids.

I groaned. "What was that spell?"

"Fall," Setne said. "One of my favorites. Really, don't get up. You'll just hurt yourself more."
Annabeth turned visible. I'd never actually seen her wearing her Yankees cap before, since she vanished every time she put it on, but there she was—wide-eyed with surprise, caught in the act of sneaking up on Setne. Before she could react, the red glowing hieroglyphs turned into ropes like licorice whips and lashed out, wrapping around her, pinning her arms and legs with such force that she toppled over.

So any baseline magic resistance Nico has because he’s a demigod won’t actually make it so Carter can’t use magic on him.

Isn’t Setne literally better than Carter at magic? Don’t see why that’s relevant to Carter’s spells.

As for the fight, everything Carter used against Percy either fails against Nico because of his stats or gets weaved by shadow travel. Magic resistance doesn’t matter here. If they are trying to kill each other, Nico shadow travels to Carter and turns him into a skeleton with a touch.

Magic resistance isn't even that useful against Carter, who is a physical fighter. Their magic also allows them to resist the effects of things like sleep manipulation or mind manipulation. Hax basically. They don't resist being hit by a construct that happens to be made of magic. This is why the fist was able to hit Percy just fine but the other spell fizzled out. Carter making a combat avatar should probably put him above Nico physically while preventing NIco from touching his body so there's that as well.

Magic resistance isn't even that useful against Carter, who is a physical fighter. Their magic also allows them to resist the effects of things like sleep manipulation or mind manipulation. Hax basically. They don't resist being hit by a construct that happens to be made of magic. This is why the fist was able to hit Percy just fine but the other spell fizzled out. Carter making a combat avatar should probably put him above Nico physically while preventing NIco from touching his body so there's that as well.
The combat avatar makes Carter slower and less agile, no? While he's physically strong in that state, it's easier for Nico to land hits on him than it is the other way around.

Their magic also allows them to resist the effects of things like sleep manipulation or mind manipulation. Hax basically. They don't resist being hit by a construct that happens to be made of magic.
Even if he was, it’s not like demigod magic resistance isn’t like something worth writing home about in verse, seeing as:

They only resisted the sleep spell because it was spread out over the large range of the entire city thus making it not as strong as it normally would be.

Percy was literally turned into a Guinea pig by Circe.

Not to mention every relevant main character demigod besides like piper has been charmspoken which is also magic.

Lastly the proof is in the pudding when the only time we don’t see Carter’s magic is literally against Percy whose waist deep in water, which gives him a considerable boost to the base state Nico would even get resistance scaling from in the first place.

With all things considered, Carter could just turn Nico into an animal.

While he's physically strong in that state, it's easier for Nico to land hits on him than it is the other way around.
He doesn’t really need his avatar though, he should be able to react to all of Nico’s attacks, and be able to like just hide in the duat or send Nico there permanently.
If they are trying to kill each other, Nico shadow travels to Carter and turns him into a skeleton with a touch.
I personally don’t see how Nico would get the chance to do this in battle

Quick one
How many layers would one consider Hades's fear hax to be?
Since it's capable of terrifying the first Olympians

I mean his helm of darkness

Lastly the proof is in the pudding when the only time we don’t see Carter’s magic is literally against Percy whose waist deep in water, which gives him a considerable boost to the base state Nico would even get resistance scaling from in the first place.
Stats amp with water shouldn't increase his magic resistance
He doesn’t really need his avatar though, he should be able to react to all of Nico’s attacks, and be able to like just hide in the duat or send Nico there permanently.
The only time I remember him doing that, he had to pick up the Set animal, envision a locker above him, and throw the Set animal into said locker. I don't think he can hit that move on Nico mid combat.

I also don't recall Carter ever hiding in the Duat

Even if he was, it’s not like demigod magic resistance isn’t like something worth writing home about in verse, seeing as:
It was spread out over a whole city and even while diluted in that way it put every human in the city to sleep. Sure if it was focused on Percy it might have put him to sleep, but that's enough energy to sleep an entire city concentrated on one person. It's like saying resisting mind manipulation from someone with Martian Manhunter levels of TP isn't impressive because of something like "the total energy was spread out when he mind controlled the continent" as if the fact that he needs to concentrate a significant portion of that same energy on you to make it affect you in the first place isn't impressive.
Percy was literally turned into a Guinea pig by Circe.
Circe has pretty powerful magic and had the benefit of not having to spread out the magic.
Not to mention every relevant main character demigod besides like piper has been charmspoken which is also magic.
Charmspeak is some of the strongest magic in the entire verse lol. How is this an anti-feat? Even gods have been affected by Charmspeak.
With all things considered, Carter could just turn Nico into an animal.
He wouldn't do that in character. He's bad at those types of spells. The only time I can remember where he even used it in combat was when he was acting as the Eye of a god. Which grants both potency and skill that he wouldn't normally possess.

It was spread out over a whole city and even while diluted in that way it put every human in the city to sleep. Sure if it was focused on Percy it might have put him to sleep, but that's enough energy to sleep an entire city concentrated on one person. It's like saying resisting mind manipulation from someone with Martian Manhunter levels of TP isn't impressive because of something like "the total energy was spread out when he mind controlled the continent" as if the fact that he needs to concentrate a significant portion of that same energy on you to make it affect you in the first place isn't impressive.
If said humans had resistance to mind manip maybe the feat itself would be impressive but they are just standard humans, so them falling asleep to it isn’t an indication of it being a super strong spell, and the demigods not being affected by it because it wasn’t fully focused on them isn’t really an impressive resistance feat at all, it is one but it's incredibly baseline.
Circe has pretty powerful magic and had the benefit of not having to spread out the magic
Regardless, it’s an example of demigod magic resistance not actually doing much.
Charmspeak is some of the strongest magic in the entire verse lol
Which is relative to the context of it being used, charmspeak has tons of antifeats, and characters that are suppose to have magic resistance like Percy falling prey to Piper or Circe using it in a casual sense isn’t a good resistance feat at all. (though I will admit that obviously those two are upper tier users)

The whole point wasn't even to say any of these magic abilities are weak, just that the idea that demigods would just be like extremely resistant to any magic used against them isn't true, especially when they are still able to be tricked by the mist, which is magic and the first layer of the duat.

The only spell that was confused was the first one he did, the fist spell managed to hit Water Dipped Percy with enough force to knock him out of his shoes
Correcting this rq since I just reread the fight, first he punched Percy out of his shoes and into the air.
A giant fist the size of a dishwasher shimmered into existence and slammed Camper Boy into the next county. I mean I literally punched him out of his shoes. He rocketed from the river with a loud suck-plop! And the last thing I saw was his bare feet achieving escape velocity as he flew backwards and disappeared from sight

Then tried to use a random spell on him which fizzled out.
I used my wand this time, catching his blade in the crook of ivory and channeling a burst of magic straight up his arm. The air between us flashed and crackled. Camper Boy stumbled back. Blue sparks of sorcery popped around him, as if my spell didn't know quite what to do with him. Who was this guy?

After that spell failed, he kept fighting Percy, and managed to bind him with a rope spell.
Camper Boy was sitting nearby in waist-deep water, looking dejected. My magic rope had wrapped round his sword arm, then lashed his hand to the side of his head. Unable to let go of his sword, he looked like he had a single reindeer antler sprouting next to his ear. He tugged at the rope with his free hand, but of course he couldn't make any progress.

Mind you the entire battle took place in water, and as stated by Wings of Despair, water has been shown to increase Percy's resistance to magic and out right broke him out of Kronos' time magic.
The water revitalized me, breaking the time spell, and I lunged forward
This means that if Carter decided to just bind Nico with rope the same way he binded someone with higher magic resistance, Nico would quite literally have no way of resist it, and it also means that we can't assume a normal baseline spell will fizzle out when used against Nico seeing as the only time that happened to a demigod was to Percy (Afaik) and that only happened while he was in a buffed state that wouldn't apply to Nico at all.
He wouldn't do that in character. He's bad at those types of spells. The only time I can remember where he even used it in combat was when he was acting as the Eye of a god. Which grants both potency and skill that he wouldn't normally possess.
I thought we were assuming peak conditions and going in to fully end the match, if not I still don’t see nico beating him, as he was able to fight with water empowered percy for a bit even if he was on the losing end of the fight.

This means that if Carter decided to just bind Nico with rope the same way he binded someone with higher magic resistance, Nico would quite literally have no way of resist it, and it also means that we can't assume a normal baseline spell will fizzle out when used against Nico seeing as the only time that happened to a demigod was to Percy (Afaik) and that only happened while he was in a buffed state that wouldn't apply to Nico at all.
I think it's relevant to note that technically Percy wasn't being affected by a spell when Carter tied him with rope. Carter just used magic to animate rope to move into place. There's nothing to resist in this case because he isn't being targeted by anything.
I thought we were assuming peak conditions and going in to fully end the match, if not I still don’t see nico beating him, as he was able to fight with water empowered percy for a bit even if he was on the losing end of the fight.
I thought this was base Carter because Eye of Horus Carter would oneshot any demigod. I do agree that base Carter would probably beat Nico though.

Back