• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What do y'all see as the best lifting strength feat in the series? Ignoring the sky feat since I don't think that's literal

What do y'all see as the best lifting strength feat in the series? Ignoring the sky feat since I don't think that's literal
For demigods?
Hylla has a feat of lifting a vehicle casually

The sky is stuff is literal
The argument against it is that it wasn't due to physical strength of the lifters. Rather, it was a willpower feat

True, but Hylla wears Hippoloyta's belt which explicitly boosts strength, so not sure that can be counted.
Yeah yeah
She has very impressive feats against Orion but attributes it to the belt.

The giants have a statementish of lifting mountains.
The twins to be exact
Maybe members of the 7 can scale.
I'm purposely leaving out LS out of my demigods revisions
Not as straightforward as the remaining statistics

Can this feat from Chalice be calced or nah?

My rage exploded.And so did the river. It blasted away from me in every direction, putting me at ground zero of the detonation—curled up alone in a bubble of air, howling so loudly I could hear myself even over the roar of the torrent. Some part of me had reached outward . . . not just into the pool, but to the source of the river, deep down in the Underworld or maybe Yonkers, and I had pulled it up by its roots. Millions of metric tons of water roared through the cavern, flooding the pool, scouring the cliffs, surging over the riverbanks, and probably surprising a whole bunch of snakes bathing downstream. At last, the water crashed back around me, settling into its normal flow again.

Can someone explain this to me?
Like the reasoning behind it
can ignore durability against supernatural beings to an extent with his Celestial Bronze Sword
Yes. I know that demigod weapons offer some high tier hax like soul destruction and others
I just haven't found any evidence of it bypassing actual durability as the aforementioned haxes only work if the character can actually damage them in the first place

I believe it’s based on an early statement from Annabeth or someone about CB negging most monsters instantly with a graze while stronger ones don’t get dusted by magic metals even after multiple wounds.

i can't find anything regarding graze (did a word search)
Best I found is this
‘The sword has a long and tragic history that we need not go into,’ Chiron told me. ‘Its name is Anaklusmos.’ ‘“Riptide”,’ I translated, surprised the Ancient Greek came so easily.
‘Use it only for emergencies,’ Chiron said, ‘and only against monsters. No hero should harm mortals unless absolutely necessary, of course, but this sword wouldn’t harm them in any case.’ I looked at the wickedly sharp blade. ‘What do you mean it wouldn’t harm mortals? How could it not?’ ‘The sword is celestial bronze. Forged by the Cyclopes, tempered in the heart of Mount Etna, cooled in the River Lethe. It’s deadly to monsters, to any creature from the Underworld, provided they don’t kill you first. But the blade will pass through mortals like an illusion. They simply are not important enough for the blade to kill. And I should warn you: as a demigod, you can be killed by either celestial or normal weapons. You are twice as vulnerable.’

Can someone explain this to me?
Like the reasoning behind it

Yes. I know that demigod weapons offer some high tier hax like soul destruction and others
I just haven't found any evidence of it bypassing actual durability as the aforementioned haxes only work if the character can actually damage them in the first place
Well, it's stated to "dissolve their essence from the inside out"

Well, it's stated to "dissolve their essence from the inside out"
I mean, sure
But it still needs to pierce through the exterior in the first place
It's not like it dissolves their essence on contact
Also, can I get the reference for that?
Need to add it to something I have plans on working on

Possibly
There's a chance (albeit small) of thor being tier 2
Cosmology changes and all
Well if there is only a minor chance for it to happen then it doesnt matter and the matchup can proceed, if the changes do get applied then we can just remove the match from the profile

That'll get fixed soon
I'm nearly done with the sandbox

Just wanted to be sure if there isn't any other calcs
Sorry, I've been out of the game for a little bit, but is this in relation to a CRT you're working on?

If so, I have been working on an absurdly massive CRT of every Demigod in the Riordanverse for the past 2 years & have collated quite a curated collection of referenced quotes & scaling that could be of interest to you.

Life's been a bit crazy the past year so l took a break from working on it to focus on my priorities, but before I stopped I was able to take note of every major feat from the series up to ToA (including the short stories), so they should still be of some use.

Last edited:
Sorry, I've been out of the game for a little bit, but is this in relation to a CRT you're working on?

If so, I have been working on an absurdly massive CRT of every Demigod in the Riordanverse for the past 2 years & have collated quite a curated collection of referenced quotes & scaling that could be of interest to you.

Life's been a bit crazy the past year so l took a break from working on it to focus on my priorities, but before I stopped I was able to take note of every feat from series up to ToA (including the short stories), so they should still be of some use.
That's great
I'm working on something at the moment
Are you on discord?
If yes, you can reach out to KingTempest to add you to the Riordanverse server
We can collaborate there

Back