• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Keeping Up With The Olympians (3 of ????)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speed
Olympians like Artemis and Apollo have light based attacks that make use of literal light.
B-but, that's their power.

That'll be fine, except for the fact that we have Athena Parthenos shooting Ultra Violet attacks

Apart from the fact that the statue is only a fraction of Athena's true power, it was further weakened as it didn't have a lot of people to protect.

So yeah
All Olympians get a At least Speed of Light attack speed.

Combat speed
The Olympians can and have fought against each other in the past.
This is headcanon territory but I believe they should be able to react to each other's attacks.

Demeter vs Apollo comes to mind.

It's nigh impossible for Apollo to miss a shot.

It seems very probable that Demeter evaded one of his attacks and mountains ended up as collateral damage.

Like I said, headcanon but not completely baseless.

So I suggest a Relativistic Combat speed rating for them.

Lifting strength.
I'm unsure about this myself but Poseidon has a feat of tipping Islands.

Which should be somewhere in class T.

Striking Strength.
Uhm
Comparable to AP?
I'm not sure if we treat Magic as being UES among gods but they should be able to hit as hard on the same scale as their extremely casual magic attacks.

Durability

They fight each other all the time.
Scales to their AP

Range
Planetary, possibly Stellar (Via Artemis)

Intelligence
Lawyer mentioned something about revising it a while back but I'm unsure about his plan for that.
Here goes nothing

This is the one stat where everyone won't get a one for all rating.

Hermes
Genius: Invented the internet.

Athena
Extraordinary Genius: Embodies the concept of Wisdom (ignore. More of that in the next thread). Should be superior to Daedalus who invented a supercomputer

Ares/Mars
Combat Genius: Complete mastery over any weapon.

The rest can be gifted or above average due to having thousand of years worth of experience.
If any of them have any higher justification, do tell.

Stamina
Superhuman: Can fight for days at a stretch.

Weakness.
They can be injured by supernatural weapons if they decide to fight physically; he/she may weaken, age, and take the form to represent their current state of said domain if its attacked; they fade from existence — either from a lack of worship or the diminishing of their domain and if their thrones (or other sources of power) are destroyed, they will also fade along with it or become so weakened that they can no longer take a physical form. The only way to permanently defeat a god is to scatter their essence.

That's
Bump

like many others I agree with KT's assessment regarding the scaling of Titans and such.

As for speed, I'm not sure about all Olympians scaling to lightspeed attack speed but if let's say the lightspeed stuff isn't seen as an issue for the likes of the others then I could see it being ok. I don't think Relativistic combat is applicable in this scenario without knowledge on if the two were a noticable distance apart when an arrow was fired or other factors.

For lifting strength, Class T might be possible but since we don't know the island size it would be up to interpretation so it would likely be a 'likely higher' than the normal rating.

For Striking Strength, if some gods are physical fighters then it should be fine as they would need the physical strength to deal with their durability which would in turn be comparable to their attack power for surviving confrontations with each other.

For range, do they all have comparable range showings to Artimas?

Thank you for your evaluation
As for speed, I'm not sure about all Olympians scaling to lightspeed attack speed but if let's say the lightspeed stuff isn't seen as an issue for the likes of the others then I could see it being ok. I don't think Relativistic combat is applicable in this scenario without knowledge on if the two were a noticable distance apart when an arrow was fired or other factors.
I believe the attack speed stuff is more solid given the 3 instances

For the relativistic stuff, I could have sworn we just slap rel on any LS dodging feat if there were no visuals.

I'm not opposed to a "likely" rating though.
For lifting strength, Class T might be possible but since we don't know the island size it would be up to interpretation so it would likely be a 'likely higher' than the normal rating.
There's a class P calc somewhere that'll scale to the Olympians but I've not gotten around to scaling those characters. The likely stuff will be fine as a placeholder.
For Striking Strength, if some gods are physical fighters then it should be fine as they would need the physical strength to deal with their durability which would in turn be comparable to their attack power for surviving confrontations with each other.
Do we regards sword slashes as part of SS? If yes, then they all scale.
If no, everybody except Aphrodite and Hera (as they're the only ones who lack combat showings) would get it

All should get for the durability regardless.
As they fight each other all the time.
For range, do they all have comparable range showings to Artimas?
The 6-A rating is tied to planetary range for Zeus.
I think they should all get it anyways via teleportation. As it's said that they can go anywhere except for the domain of other gods.

There may be other planetary range feats but I'm fast losing interest in this series and would like to get it over with quickly.

I typed all that and then realized you meant the interstellar range.

Too lazy to clear all.

Apollo did say he was going to create a constellation twice.
So there's that too

What about the intelligence part?
Ares gets combat Genius
Athena and Hephaestus get EG
Hermes gets genius
Apollo gets genius.

Everybody else gets gifted

We cool with that?
Armor already agreed
1 more vote should be fine.

I believe the attack speed stuff is more solid given the 3 instances
Well if others agree, I won't argue.
For the relativistic stuff, I could have sworn we just slap rel on any LS dodging feat if there were no visuals.

I'm not opposed to a "likely" rating though.
Not sure we do honestly but like the above, I'm ok with it if majority are as well.
Do we regards sword slashes as part of SS? If yes, then they all scale.
If no, everybody except Aphrodite and Hera (as they're the only ones who lack combat showings) would get it

All should get for the durability regardless.
As they fight each other all the time.
Yes because they still need to swing the sword with enough force to deal damage, while cutting damage is treated strong in some verses, the gap shouldn't be noticable different unless it's how the verse operates so their SS should scale.
The 6-A rating is tied to planetary range for Zeus.
I think they should all get it anyways via teleportation. As it's said that they can go anywhere except for the domain of other gods.

There may be other planetary range feats but I'm fast losing interest in this series and would like to get it over with quickly.

I typed all that and then realized you meant the interstellar range.

Too lazy to clear all.

Apollo did say he was going to create a constellation twice.
So there's that too
Lol, my bad for not being clear.
What about the intelligence part?
Ares gets combat Genius
Athena and Hephaestus get EG
Hermes gets genius
Apollo gets genius.

Everybody else gets gifted

We cool with that?
Armor already agreed
1 more vote should be fine.
The rest look good, I agree.

Well if others agree, I won't argue.

Not sure we do honestly but like the above, I'm ok with it if majority are as well.

Yes because they still need to swing the sword with enough force to deal damage, while cutting damage is treated strong in some verses, the gap shouldn't be noticable different unless it's how the verse operates so their SS should scale.

Lol, my bad for not being clear.

The rest look good, I agree.
Thank you for your evaluation once again.

Time to get KT back here to wrap this up

You'll need to find the exact statements in canon for the lifting strength.
Found this from the Greek Gods novel
When Poseidon came to live with them, the telkhines showed him around and taught him the ways of the ocean: These are fish! This is coral! One especially nasty trick they taught him was how to use his trident as a lever. Poseidon learned how to wedge the trident’s points under the base of an island and flip it so that the whole landmass disappeared under the sea. In combat, he could do this with mountains on dry land. A couple of times he flipped mountains right on top of his enemies, crushing them flat. See, I told you he was a boss.

Speed could be a likely

Everything else is fine

Should be that he can flip mountains and flip islands underwater, since he’s stronger in water like his son

Higher gods should scale to the island, weaker ones should scale to the mountains

Should be that he can flip mountains and flip islands underwater, since he’s stronger in water like his son

Higher gods should scale to the island, weaker ones should scale to the mountains
I'm fine with that interpretation.

I think both are class T though

Should be fine for the meantime

Imma try and get some sleep.

Hopefully more people comment by then.

If not, I'll request that this should be closed.

Final thread here

Can you lock this please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back