• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Riordanverse Tier 6 Revisions: Part 2

AnonymousBlank said:
@Spino
On topic, what is the new tier for Big 3 kids and do normal demigods scale to them?
Pretty sure they become High 7-C/low 7-B, since the vulcano was done againt percy, who plain resist heat.

That, and surface area.

Not sure about normal ones. Non-combative ones likely go down to High 8-C.

AnonymousBlank said:
@Spino

Can you please drop this? Unless you have other 6-C feats, the downgrade is happening.

On topic, what is the new tier for Big 3 kids and do normal demigods scale to them?
There's the Sky feat, Ares making Hades's earthquake look like a minor event when fighting Percy, Jason's storm. The basis for the downgrades revolve around a single unquantified volcano feat that cannot be used as a valid anti-feat.

Cant report staff.

Its a rule.

Only staff can demote/report other staff.

Well I'm pretty sure you can report staff, so go ahead if you think I'm breaking any rules.

Spino, look, I don't know what evidence you need beyond "Annabeth's feat is several thousands of times higher than the best feats of people ridiculously superior to her" to understand that 6-C is an outlier.

And again, unless you can prove that said eruption is tier 6 (you can't, otherwise it would have done stuff like causing volcanic winter for years, and it would have seriously messed up the USA as a whole) the most reasonable assumption is the 7 megatons eruption.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
It is when you say it at nauseum after being repetedly rejected.
Lol someone disagreeing with me means I cannot continue to express my opinion? Half the members on this wiki should be banned then.

Kaltias said:
Spino, look, I don't know what evidence you need beyond "Annabeth's feat is several thousands of times higher than the best feats of people ridiculously superior to her" to understand that 6-C is an outlier.

And again, unless you can prove that said eruption is tier 6 (you can't, otherwise it would have done stuff like causing volcanic winter for years, and it would have seriously messed up the USA as a whole) the most reasonable assumption is the 7 megatons eruption.
We don't have a clip/idea of what the eruption was like. We only knew ash was blew to Canada (and that depends on the wind).

Only the biggest eruptions that Earth is able to realistically produce can reach tier 6.

The strongest eruptions in the Planet's whole history were probably pushing low-end High 6-C at the absolute most. Nowdays, they can never surpass a couple dozen gigatons.

Doing so at nauseum is dude. Like, there were people that got a warning, and I think someone was banned, for not understanding when to stop.

When someone like Kep and Kal tell you no, you either find another argument or just stop.

Shall we just ignore the 6-C stuff at this point? Imo, 7-B is probably best since Percy was point blank in the explosion and the lava thrown by the Telkhines had already gone through his heat resist. Percy and Jason are also definitely stronger than a Nico who had no training.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
We don't have a clip/idea of what the eruption was like. We only knew ash was blew to Canada (and that depends on the wind).
Wind will not stop a supervulcano from ******* the world over dude.

There is no way it was 6-C, it would need at least VEI of 7, and that just doesn't fit here.

It's fine to argue tooth and nail, I've done it. But we've gotta draw the line somewhere as a wiki, or else debates will remain eternally gridlocked as one very stubborn person just can't take the L

AnonymousBlank said:
Shall we just ignore the 6-C stuff at this point? Imo, 7-B is probably best since Percy was point blank in the explosion and the lava thrown by the Telkhines had already gone through his heat resist. Percy and Jason are also definitely stronger than a Nico who had no training.
Again, the surface area all but assures that it's low 7-B at most.

Do you mind running me throught the surface area thing? I get when people are further away they obviously take less of the blast but Percy was the center of the explosion.

VersusJunkie54 said:
Volcanoes don't release their energy the same way a Nuke does though, right?
They kinda do, but with heat instead of radiation.

Regardless, there is no way percy caught even a tenth of it's power, and we don't know how much it would scale since he is resistant to heat regardless.

AnonymousBlank said:
Do you mind running me throught the surface area thing? I get when people are further away they obviously take less of the blast but Percy was the center of the explosion.
The heat will not start from a small point and spread out.

Even at point blank it should be at least divided over several tens of m^2.

VersusJunkie54 said:
Well to be fair. The pressure wave of an explosion also carries a lot of its energy, not just the heat
Yeah, but that is not nearly as much, and the pressure is also decreased over area too, so changes nothing.

The heat is most of the energy in the explosion tough.

AnonymousBlank said:
The problem with the St. Helen's feat is that the blast of a volcano doesn't work like a bomb's.

You can't "take it point blank" like you'd do if you were holding an exploding grenade because the volcano is massive compared to you.

It's like being right in front of a bomb that's several hundreds of metres in radius, even if you are literally hugging it you'd take only a fraction of the blast.

I do think that scaling from Nico should be fine though.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Wasn't his feat around 3 megatons? Not sure we can upscale it to 7-B
It is Small City Level+, and Nico is sort of weaker compared to Percy and Jason.

He might be 'weaker; then Hazel because he never trains. He is just in the underworld doing...

well, whatever.

Alright, so we are scaling to Nico (for now)

I plan to read through the series again in the future, so Ill make a crt if needed.

But for now, this is fine.

Low 7-B for Nico, the seven minus Percy and Jason?

Who get a solid 7-B?

If someone fights percy or is part of the big three, it should be 'possibly' or at least Low 7-B.

SinsofMan said:
He might be 'weaker; then Hazel because he never trains. He is just in the underworld doing...

well, whatever.
Pretty sure that Nico trains in the underground. It's where he learned to use his powers after all.

Also iirc Hazel actually said that Nico is more powerful than her at some point, but don't quote me on that because I haven't read the books in a while

Before we talk about ratings, first we need the feats for all of the demigods. And we need all of the feats. It would make things a lot easier.

Organise them by character, book and descriptiom like so:

Percy Jackson, The Titan's Curse, Lifted up all the water in a nearby river.

Back