• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Also, watching Overlord isn't quite getting the full picture, you'd wonder where the hell the layers come from if you just watched the anime
Oh no, of course I won't pay attention to this while watching the Anime, I'm just curious about the series.

Uh, all of Ainz's haxes that are acclible have been passed I literally did it myself, only thing that hasn't been passed is the mind Manipulation resistance layer because I haven't bothered to grab the crap for it yet!
I'm not seeing anything layered for overlord in the layer evaluation thread.

I'm not seeing anything layered for overlord in the layer evaluation thread.
I did it in like, page 8 or so. Was accepted by Fuji and backed up by Glass

So uh, read more thoroughly yeah?

So it was for the timestop and the staff? ok

You should ask it to be added to OP
Want me to do this?

And an attempt at general death Manipulation, but that was basically said to not be a layer, it would just act as resistance pierce and any layers would resist it as normal
The death sentence seems not to have been accepted. So it appears to be baseline without the staff.

The death sentence seems not to have been accepted. So it appears to be baseline without the staff.
It's above baseline, which is different from a layer.

Basically, if you have one layer of death Manipulation resistance, it's dealt with

If your death Manipulation resistance is baseline, it's getting gone through.

If your death Manipulation resistance is baseline, it's getting gone through.
This is the definition of a layer. One layer is to use your power on someone who already resists it.

What Fuji said and Glass supported.
It wouldn't be layered, no. Increasing the power of your hax doesn't translate into a layer unless it can overcome someone's resistance to that ability.

So yes, if the ability is not layered the basic resistance resists.

This is the definition of a layer. One layer is to use your power on someone who already resists it.

What Fuji said and Glass supported.

So yes, if the ability is not layered the basic resistance resists.
a layer is overpowering a resistance in-canon. Not in a versus thread. Ainz's instant death shit is explicitly above baseline, but it does not have proof of being layered, hence me saying it will go over a baseline resistance but any layers will trump it.

a layer is overpowering a resistance in-canon. Not in a versus thread. Ainz's instant death shit is explicitly above baseline, but it does not have proof of being layered, hence me saying it will go over a baseline resistance but any layers will trump it.
That's not how layers work. There is no such thing as above the baseline but not in layers. And not even Fuji or Glass talked about it.

It doesn't matter how much stronger the power gets, if it doesn't overcome someone's resistances, it isn't layered, and if it isn't layered, basic resistances can resist the power.

That's not how layers work. There is no such thing as above the baseline but not in layers. And not even Fuji or Glass talked about it.

It doesn't matter how much stronger the power gets, if it doesn't overcome someone's resistances, it isn't layered, and if it isn't layered, basic resistances can resist the power.
Oh yeah, I love circular argumentation it just-

No I don't. Type the same shit over and over and over and over again and nothing will change, we have our views, they aren't changing, so I'm not wasting my time.

There's a sensible part of me that wants to say "This thread was silent for 2 or so months so why don't we just let it rest"

Then there's the side that's entertained. Regardless though, voting for the Skeleton (Weird that my original vote was never added but it is what it is)

Btw
I am gonna do this again
Reinhard resists everything that Ainz has and the range is 2500km of the EE now
I really doubt Ainz will literally go thousands of kiloemtres away
Ainz can teleport to the moon if he has to lol

Also, when was Reinhard's time stop and death manip resistance given a layer?

More impirtantly, how would Ainz know that he has to go to the moon? Whats the farthest he has teleported in character to when he went up against a stronger opponent

More impirtantly, how would Ainz know that he has to go to the moon? Whats the farthest he has teleported in character to when he went up against a stronger opponent
The one time Ainz(or should I say, someone acting as him) fought a Stronger opponent he literally couldn't leave, and he tried to go as far as he possibly could

Also worth noting that its uncertain if Ainz would camp or not, if he does and tries to incap Reinhard then gg. Rimuru will be on his ass and he can easily stop teleportations as well. After he is done with Ainz or maybe èven durinģ it Reinhard can use the opportunity to either swing or wait ainz out and then solo rim
The one time Ainz(or should I say, someone acting as him) fought a Stronger opponent he literally couldn't leave, and he tried to go as far as he possibly could
Which is how much? 2500 kms is an insane range to run away to. You would be far more likely to escape the current area at best 100 kiloemtres away

Also worth noting that its uncertain if Ainz would camp or not, if he does and tries to incap Reinhard then gg. Rimuru will be on his ass and he can easily stop teleportations as well. After he is done with Ainz or maybe èven durinģ it Reinhard can use the opportunity to either swing or wait ainz out and then solo rim
That would require Rimuru to A. Target Ainz Instantly, and B. Not try to fight Reinhard at all.
Which is how much? 2500 kms is an insane range to run away to. You would be far more likely to escape the current area at best 100 kiloemtres away
Ainz could go like a kilometer. But like I said, he couldn't go further, like, physically could NOT go further because of an ability used to trap him there. He was literally a rat in a cage with a pure tank cat.

And yes, this is Pandora's Actor vs Platinum Dragon Lord I'm talking about.

How I see it, it's Ainz>Rimuru>Reinhard>Ainz, a perfect rock-paper-scissors.

That would require Rimuru to A. Target Ainz Instantly, and B. Not try to fight Reinhard at all.
Me personally? I would be far more wary of the guy who insta killed the red dude and focus on fighting him
Ainz could go like a kilometer. But like I said, he couldn't go further, like, physically could NOT go further because of an ability used to trap him there. He was literally a rat in a cage with a pure tank cat.

And yes, this is Pandora's Actor vs Platinum Dragon Lord I'm talking about.
Well i mean we go by best feats so....Rein swings gg
How I see it, it's Ainz>Rimuru>Reinhard>Ainz, a perfect rock-paper-scissors.
I agree its pretty based

Me personally? I would be far more wary of the guy who insta killed the red dude and focus on fighting him
Rimuru is 4 kilometers away from Ainz. And doesn't know his precise location starting out.
Well i mean we go by best feats so....Rein swings gg
Well I mean Ainz's range with teleportation is planetary sooooooooooo...

Yeah. You wanna know why it's planetary and not just kilometers? Becuase there's a statement accepted as such, and it doesn't have anti-feats because, again, PDL put up a "cage" that stopped Pandora's Actor from leaving because he doesn't have a world item on his ass 24/7 so it couldn't walk through the Spatial barrier.

Rimuru is 4 kilometers away from Ainz. And doesn't know his precise location starting out.
Rimuru can easily detect a couple of kms of range with great sage, the reason he was losing beforehand was due to the fact that we were assuming that he instantly gets wiped by reins swing.
In a pwrfect scenario where Ainz decides to teleport thousands of kilometres away and come back instantly then incap Reinhard. He does win yeah. How likely is that for him to happen? Not much
if he tries to instant incap Reinhard then he loses because Rimuru catches upto them and would see a cosntant dead Reinhard vs a ******* walking skeleton with DRIP and a super badass robe with an even more based staff.
Rim x Ainz interacrion is basically his loss. After which Reinhard gets the chance to wake up, Rimuru wouldnt be expecting a resurrection in this key so he gets swing'd and a, and a hit
In this scenario Reinhard wins

Well I mean Ainz's range with teleportation is planetary sooooooooooo...

Yeah. You wanna know why it's planetary and not just kilometers? Becuase there's a statement accepted as such, and it doesn't have anti-feats because, again, PDL put up a "cage" that stopped Pandora's Actor from leaving because he doesn't have a world item on his ass 24/7 so it couldn't walk through the Spatial barrier.
Yeah v true except running thousands of kilometres away is unlikely. I would be with you even if it was a couple of hundred kilometers but anything over a 1000 seems like a MASSIVE reach reaper

Back