• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Though if it doesn't get evaluated, then Johnny gets to keep his full on Supernatural Luck...

I think it's a good idea to necro this thread.

I'm mostly neutral, the second clip isn't luck because that chain reaction was seemingly intentional, so it's more of a skill feat rather than luck.
The others are classic gags, but I see that some of them could just be a result of Dark Vegan just being very incompetent.
The armada thing, was given because everyone was sure they would have died, and Dukey's joke about Johnny surviving because he's the mc doesn't really work for fate manip and stuff like that.
What do you think now that the debate is basically finished?

Yes. For one that isn't how a limited rating is used at all. It is for abilities that are more limited in their ability to be used or function than they standardly are. Possibly and likely are the ratings given to abilities that have some evidence supporting them but not enough.

Though this lacks such evidence to back even a possibly rating, without any solid statements to confirm that these coincidences are because of being lucky.

Yes. For one that isn't how a limited rating is used at all. It is for abilities that are more limited in their ability to be used or function than they standardly are. Possibly and likely are the ratings given to abilities that have some evidence supporting them but not enough.

Though this lacks such evidence to back even a possibly rating, without any solid statements to confirm that these coincidences are because of being lucky.
Thanks for explaining. Also counted.

@RandomGuy2345 what do you think of this?

honestly, i'm gonna have to agree with the change. Supernatural luck can only be given if something/someone is directly stated to be lucky and taken straight from the page "Being lucky or unlucky in itself is not enough to have this ability - a character's exceptional luck must be a real ability or supernatural aspect of them" its never been stated to be Johnny luck that gets him outta situations nor a real ability that is ever brought up by anyone besides when he has the supernatural clover thingy which is directly stated to grant goodluck.

its never been stated to be Johnny luck that gets him outta situations nor a real ability that is ever brought up by anyone besides when he has the supernatural clover thingy which is directly stated to grant goodluck.
Doesn't this apply to many other verses who don't state anything about a character getting lucky?

Yeah, we gotta remove those
Imho, a verse shouldn't need a statement about a character(s) getting lucky in order for said character(s) to have Supernatural Luck. The absurd amount of bullshit they survive or the amount of bullshit they achieve with sheer luck alone should be enough.

Imho, a verse shouldn't need a statement about a character(s) getting lucky in order for said character(s) to have Supernatural Luck. The absurd amount of bullshit they survive or the amount of bullshit they achieve with sheer luck alone should be enough.
then with that like almost every protagonist on the wiki gains it cause they survive things or stuff goes in their favor.

then with that like almost every protagonist on the wiki gains it cause they survive things or stuff goes in their favor.
I'm not just talking about the run of the norm "Oh this event happens in this favor for character A", I'm talking about absurd shit that happens in their favor, and I've already shown a few examples of absurd things happening in Johnny's favor. It's not just normal shit.

I'm not just talking about the run of the norm "Oh this event happens in this favor for character A", I'm talking about absurd shit that happens in their favor, and I've already shown a few examples of absurd things happening in Johnny's favor. It's not just normal shit.
well make an ability CRT for it cause thats how we accept Supernatural Luck until something is changed because no statements of it means its a no go for that ability :/

the Star of The Show thing was dropped cause it was from Dukey who has on several occasions is shown to break the 4th Wall and could of very easily been one of those gags.
Thing is that specific 4th Wall Break actually gives an explanation as to why Johnny survived the attack that was supposed to kill despite it's gaggy nature, as opposed to his other 4th Wall Breaks, where he's aware of the fact that he's a cartoon character.

So what's going on with this thread? Should I just start a new one with some of the explanations seen here? All the mods have agreed to the complete removal, but it seems like a bit of a bitch move to just remove it since a lot of regular users (and the expert on the verse) disagree on their reasoning.

So what's going on with this thread? Should I just start a new one with some of the explanations seen here? All the mods have agreed to the complete removal, but it seems like a bit of a bitch move to just remove it since a lot of regular users (and the expert on the verse) disagree on their reasoning.
it was since it used to be staff aprove

you need more staff since only 1 disagreed. Also RandomGuy the expert at Johnny test had far more arguments than just single sentence disagreements

I still think 2 staff isn't enough though when it was previously staff aproved
You are correct. But do you really think any more staff are gonna join in on the thread? I'm honestly thinking about remaking the thread with more concise points.

Back