• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with 9-A stuff pending the approval of the calcs, btw
I'm still waiting for @SamanPatou to determine what level of intelligence this would make Johnny, though I'd appreciate if someone else can answer this.

This is not an AD feat, just a very good skill/intelligence feat. I just want to know what level of intelligence is required to do something like this.
Do you got an answer for this?

I'll try and get the 9-A calcs evaluated before I ask people to apply the revisions (still can't apply them myself for obvious reasons).

Wouldn't it be best to separate Johnny's intelligence in tabbers in the same way we do for people like Yor Briar?

There's a huge gap in intelligence between Johnny normally and Johnny in combat.

Wouldn't it be best to separate Johnny's intelligence in tabbers in the same way we do for people like Yor Briar?

There's a huge gap in intelligence between Johnny normally and Johnny in combat.
That’s only done because both of her intelligence sections are whole essays. Johnny’s intelligence in both general and combat can be surmised in like a little over one paragraph

That’s only done because both of her intelligence sections are whole essays. Johnny’s intelligence in both general and combat can be surmised in like a little over one paragraph
I'll try my best to make a little summary of Johnny's intelligence.

i dont understand how surviving the armada explosion could be supernatural luck, nothing lucky happened to allow him to survive, he just inexplicably did

Average normally, Gifted in combat (Johnny is, to an extent, a simple-minded person, usually acting without reason or thought. His reckless antics are usually the main cause of problems in Porkbelly. He is also horrendous at school, as he thought that 2+2 equaled monster truck, and he spelled the word "go" as "geaux". He has also received a lot of bad grades in school, though this mainly stems from laziness. However, Johnny's not a complete idiot. In some instances, he has shown to be capable of outsmarting Susan and Mary, who are geniuses, and while more often than not, he'll use fear tactics instead of sheer wit to "outsmart" his sisters, he has shown to be capable of using other methods other than fear tactics to outsmart his sisters. He has also come up with many clever and creative plans that end up saving the day. He's also well-versed in using reverse psychology, as well as guilt tripping in order to get his way. He's also shown to be an excellent cleaner, such as when he cleaned up rubble from his destroyed house, as well as cleaned the entire downstairs. However, Johnny excels in combat, being skilled in martial arts like karate and kung-fu. It has been revealed that the Test family shares Ninja heritage, which gives him all the basic abilities of a Ninja. He has also shown to have very good precision, as shown when he was about to use a rope to lasso a blimp before he got stopped from doing so, accurately throwing a lozenge into Bling-Bling's mouth, and popping 2 water balloons with a badge while blind. He has also shown to use his extensive knowledge on video games and apply it to combat, such as when he casually solo'd multiple robot enemies in simulation training, even earning compliments from The General himself. He, along with the help of a few others, were able to defeat a bunch of rogue Penguins, who were able to solo the entire military force and capture the country of Argentina in a relatively short time frame with no experience whatsoever).

Does this look good?

i dont understand how surviving the armada explosion could be supernatural luck, nothing lucky happened to allow him to survive, he just inexplicably did
It's not necessarily about them surviving the armada explosion, it was more so about the attack Johnny was planning on doing, as well as the explanation behind said attack to an extent to.

It's explicitly stated that Johnny, along with everyone else that participated, was going to sacrifice themselves to save the Earth. And when Johnny survived, the reason behind it was "He's the star of the show."

Johnny being the star of the show, makes him lucky where he can survive things that were supposed to kill him. There are also scenes that support this, such as when Johnny was able to defeat everyone in a snowball competition with one snowball.

but nothing lucky happened, nothing about the situation changed so that johnny would survive, no deus ex machina moment or anything, he just did

but nothing lucky happened, nothing about the situation changed so that johnny would survive, no deus ex machina moment or anything, he just did
...The attack was meant to be sacrificial, and when Johnny didn't die, the explanation behind it was "He's the star of the show." It's not that hard of an explanation.

Plus,
Are you going to ignore the evidence I had shown you that supports the claim that Johnny has Supernatural Luck due to being the star of the show? There's quite literally no other explanations behind scenes like this other than luck.

Average normally, Gifted in combat (Johnny is, to an extent, a simple-minded person, usually acting without reason or thought. His reckless antics are usually the main cause of problems in Porkbelly. He is also horrendous at school, as he thought that 2+2 equaled monster truck, and he spelled the word "go" as "geaux". He has also received a lot of bad grades in school, though this mainly stems from laziness. However, Johnny's not a complete idiot. In some instances, he has shown to be capable of outsmarting Susan and Mary, who are geniuses, and while more often than not, he'll use fear tactics instead of sheer wit to "outsmart" his sisters, he has shown to be capable of using other methods other than fear tactics to outsmart his sisters. He has also come up with many clever and creative plans that end up saving the day. He's also well-versed in using reverse psychology, as well as guilt tripping in order to get his way. He's also shown to be an excellent cleaner, such as when he cleaned up rubble from his destroyed house, as well as cleaned the entire downstairs. However, Johnny excels in combat, being skilled in martial arts like karate and kung-fu. It has been revealed that the Test family shares Ninja heritage, which gives him all the basic abilities of a Ninja. He has also shown to have very good precision, as shown when he was about to use a rope to lasso a blimp before he got stopped from doing so, accurately throwing a lozenge into Bling-Bling's mouth, and popping 2 water balloons with a badge while blind. He has also shown to use his extensive knowledge on video games and apply it to combat, such as when he casually solo'd multiple robot enemies in simulation training, even earning compliments from The General himself. He, along with the help of a few others, were able to defeat a bunch of rogue Penguins, who were able to solo the entire military force and capture the country of Argentina in a relatively short time frame with no experience whatsoever).

Does this look good?
Anyone got any objections to this?

...The attack was meant to be sacrificial, and when Johnny didn't die, the explanation behind it was "He's the star of the show." It's not that hard of an explanation.

Plus,

Are you going to ignore the evidence I had shown you that supports the claim that Johnny has Supernatural Luck due to being the star of the show? There's quite literally no other explanations behind scenes like this other than luck.
yeah im questioning why thats luck and not something else, because luck is never mentioned and nothing lucky happens to allow johnny to survive, hes just suddently able to tank it (fate maybe?)

thats definitely luck but i never saw johnny being the main character mentioned in the clip

yeah im questioning why thats luck and not something else, because luck is never mentioned and nothing lucky happens to allow johnny to survive, hes just suddently able to tank it (fate maybe?)
Might have to talk some staff about it, then, if you're really pushing this as Fate Manip more so than luck.

I mean... Fate Manip can potentially work, especially if you read the description of how it works.

Fate Manipulation is the ability to manipulate destiny itself to achieve a desired result. More subtle forms of the ability can simply nudge events in the users favor while more powerful variations can make it possible to ordain one's victory against their opponent.
The bold part of the description honestly fits the situation here, as the scene shown in the episode is fairly vague/subtle on what they're trying to say as to why Johnny didn't die.

So I asked @KingTempest what he thought of the feat, and he said it's a combination of Fate Manipulation and Immortality.

Once again, Fate Manip is perfectly fine with me, though I am a little bit hesitant on the Immortality part.

I still have evidence for Supernatural Luck, it's just that I can't use the evidence from the Season 3 finale.

Let me do something rq.

So all we gotta do is wait for the 9-A calcs to be evaluated (which seems like it's going to take a while), and we still need a confirmation of whether or not that feat is Supernatural Luck, Fate Manip, or Immortality.

I think I'm leaning towards Fate Manipulation after reading through the ability more, but I need some more input from staff.

werent we going for luck/fate and immortality instead of only one of the 3
No???

Most people just said it was just luck, but then new arguments came in and said the feat wasn't luck, and it was more akin to Fate Manip and Type 8 Immortality.

Johnny is going to have Supernatural Luck regardless, so I don't mind that getting removed.

The 9-A calcs got accepted!

Now it's time to nag people to apply the revisions to the profiles!

I'll try and make it easier for any of you who are willing to apply everything, just give me a bit.

Supernatural Luck, Fate Manip, and Type 8 Immortality Johnny Test is a real thing now.

Adem can you be a W mans and apply everything that was accepted pls?

Where tf did the Immortality come from
His Immortality depends on him "being the star of the show".

Wording isn’t “indexy” enough imo, and you don’t need to explain the whole context of the sacrifice

Try “Survived an attempt at self-sacrifice through the destruction of the Armada, as his role as the star of the show protects him from death”

Wording isn’t “indexy” enough imo, and you don’t need to explain the whole context of the sacrifice

Try “Survived an attempt at self-sacrifice through the destruction of the Armada, as his role as the star of the show protects him from death”
I don't really mind essay-based justifications since they do give you more of an idea of how abilities work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back