• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Da3ggman

He/Him
Johnny Test should not have Supernatural Luck

We have agreed that Limited Supernatural Luck is better than removing it entirely

In almost every example given on his page for Supernatural Luck, the clip features Dark Vegan. Due to his consistent showings coincidently aligning with Johnny's showings of good luck, I think that it is Dark Vegans bad luck that causes these things to happen, rather than Johnny's good luck. Hell, the one example the page gives for Johnny's luck really shouldn't count. I mean, yeah he barely avoids it, but that is really generic and common luck, not the supernatural, odds bending type required for Supernatural Luck.

Overall, I don't know how this slipped through the cracks, but I've had this on my mind for a while now, and I want to right a wrong.

@RandomGuy2345 and I have agreed that Limited Supernatural Luck is better than removing it entirely

Agree: @RandomGuy2345

Disagree: @Everything12 (Wants the complete removal)

Last edited:
I thought a proposal of this was already made a while back and surprised he still has it, but none of the less. I do agree that Supernatural Luck requires some lore based evidence and a character being known for their luck isn't really good enough.

I thought a proposal of this was already made a while back and surprised he still has it, but none of the less. I do agree that Supernatural Luck requires some lore based evidence and a character being known for their luck isn't really good enough.
...I had made multiple CRTs about it since then, and they were approved by staff.

Could you link the threads about specifically the luck stuff? Because I can't find any that focus in on that one thing.
I don't have a thread that specifically focuses on Johnny's luck only, and I don't want you to read dozens of comments from an unrelated topic.

At best, I can concede on having "Limited Supernatural Luck".
I don't mean to sound like a dick here, but I don't feel like debating the potential and potency of his luck that might happen. For me personally, it's all or nothing.

I'm mostly neutral, the second clip isn't luck because that chain reaction was seemingly intentional, so it's more of a skill feat rather than luck.
The others are classic gags, but I see that some of them could just be a result of Dark Vegan just being very incompetent.
The armada thing, was given because everyone was sure they would have died, and Dukey's joke about Johnny surviving because he's the mc doesn't really work for fate manip and stuff like that.

The armada thing, was given because everyone was sure they would have died, and Dukey's joke about Johnny surviving because he's the mc doesn't really work for fate manip and stuff like that.
I personally don't think one clip of luck should be enough for Supernatural Luck when no other feat in the series comes close to that, but idk. Vote counted

I guess the argument here is that.

Instead of Johnny good luck that cause all the "conviniently phenomenon" to work on his favor, it's actually Dark Vegan bad luck that cause all of those to happen. So ig I can assume the point here is that:

* Either Johnny or Dark Vegan has Supernatural Luck to contribute to the convinient event​

Also, want to point out about the second clip.
While it does appear the chain reaction was seemingly intentional and pure skill feat, it was luck that Brain Freeze appear in the exact moment of those reaction and hit the right button on his suit to activate his snowball blaster, could have just hit his face, arm, or outright miss altogether, but it HIT. Johnny himself has no precognition to know if he would appear at that exact moment and position.

IMO, I wouldn't invalidate that particular clip.

The First and Third clip, I agree with @SamanPatou that those could just be normal gag or Dark Vegan just being incompetent.

Now going back to the main topic.

Oh, well, as I said before, either one of those two could be the trigger for the "convinient phenomenon."

Although, I'm inclined to think it's Johnny as the cause because of the fourth clip.
The fourth clip shown us the cast survive the explosion that would surely killed all of them, and it's also quite lucky in a good way imo that they land on a bounce house after the explosion occured. And I wouldn't call it it's because of Dark Vegan Bad Luck since we also see him got lucky in that scene to survive it as well.

I guess the argument here is that.

Instead of Johnny good luck that cause all the "conviniently phenomenon" to work on his favor, it's actually Dark Vegan bad luck that cause all of those to happen. So ig I can assume the point here is that:

* Either Johnny or Dark Vegan has Supernatural Luck to contribute to the convinient event​

Also, want to point out about the second clip.
While it does appear the chain reaction was seemingly intentional and pure skill feat, it was luck that Brain Freeze appear in the exact moment of those reaction and hit the right button on his suit to activate his snowball blaster, could have just hit his face, arm, or outright miss altogether, but it HIT. Johnny himself has no precognition to know if he would appear at that exact moment and position.

IMO, I wouldn't invalidate that particular clip.

The First and Third clip, I agree with @SamanPatou that those could just be normal gag or Dark Vegan just being incompetent.

Now going back to the main topic.

Oh, well, as I said before, either one of those two could be the trigger for the "convinient phenomenon."

Although, I'm inclined to think it's Johnny as the cause because of the fourth clip.
The fourth clip shown us the cast survive the explosion that would surely killed all of them, and it's also quite lucky in a good way imo that they land on a bounce house after the explosion occured. And I wouldn't call it it's because of Dark Vegan Bad Luck since we also see him got lucky in that scene to survive it as well.
My problem isn't even necessarily with the feats themselves, it's that the only usable feats come from 2 episodes from the show. in almost every single episode, his life is put in danger, and he has to use his skills or an invention to get out of it. If Johnny had some form of Supernatural Luck, then he wouldn't be getting into these scenarios in the first place; that, or he would be able to just get out without doing anything.

One thing I'd like to say off the bat is that Dark Vegan being an incompetent villain isn't really a good argument given the nature of the show in general.

I can see if every single villain other than him was consistently depicted as being far more competent than him, but this is Johnny Test. You can't really take the majority of the cast seriously due to Johnny Test being a primarily gaggy show. Like, there are many episodes where the villains abandon any nefarious plan they have to destroy Johnny for a stupid reason. Even Johnny's sisters, who are one of the smartest people in the show (probably only trumped by the Super Smarty Pants) have shown to be incompetent. Most gag-like shows tend to have characters that are "incompetent", even if said characters are extraordinarily smart. Singling out Dark Vegan, and Dark Vegan only, is pretty dumb imo.

Besides, in the same episode where Johnny and the others survive the attack that was supposed to kill them, Dark Vegan formulated an entire plan to destroy the Earth overtime by eliminating all of the Earth's natural resources, something no other villain in the show came close to doing. Literally all of the reoccurring villains in the show had to team up with Johnny in order to defeat Dark Vegan. The best we've seen a villain do in the show that I can remember off the top of my head was when Brain Freezer threatened to freeze the entire city of Porkbelly. So saying "Dark Vegan is a incompetent villain" isn't a good argument due to the nature of the show, as well as episodes in the show saying otherwise.

Also, that feat of Johnny winning that snowball competition with only one snowball is sheer luck, with maybe a little bit of skill tossed in at best.

The moment the snowball made contact with the tree was the moment Johnny's "plan" should've failed, because naturally, a normal snowball would've been broken if it made contact with a tree, but the ball instead bounced off of the tree. That's just sheer luck/toon force coming into play.
it was luck that Brain Freeze appear in the exact moment of those reaction and hit the right button on his suit to activate his snowball blaster, could have just hit his face, arm, or outright miss altogether, but it HIT. Johnny himself has no precognition to know if he would appear at that exact moment and position.
To further drive my point home, it was sheer luck that Brain Freezer appears at the right moment and the snowball hits the right button to activate the snowball blaster, something Brain Freezer was struggling with the entire episode. He also non-subtly states that his snowball blaster now conveniently works in Johnny's favor. If that entire feat right there wasn't just luck, then I don't know what is.

So I'm seriously not buying @Da3ggman's arguments about Dark Vegan at all, especially his arguments about the snowball feat. That's blatant luck/toon force, with maybe a little bit of skill added in at best, because I guess performing such an unnatural feat like that so casually requires some amount of skill.

My problem isn't even necessarily with the feats themselves
Then why did you even mention them in the first place? If there was a much bigger and important argument to be made, why even mention it in the first place?

it's that the only usable feats come from 2 episodes from the show
Already debunked the argument that those feats aren't usable.

and he has to use his skills or an invention to get out of it.
Johnny has also gotten out of situations by luck alone. Just because he's used his smarts and inventions (though there are times where he just guesses and he happens to be right) doesn't deny the many, many examples I've shown of Johnny avoiding by sheer luck. At best, I can propose a "Limited Supernatural Luck", but completely removing Supernatural Luck when there's many instances of him having insanely good luck is a bit much.

If Johnny had some form of Supernatural Luck, then he wouldn't be getting into these scenarios in the first place; that, or he would be able to just get out without doing anything.
A naturally lucky person can be put "in danger", it's usually how said person avoids or survives said danger determines whether or not that person got lucky in that scenario.

Overall, I disagree with the OP's arguments, and if Johnny can't have full on Supernatural Luck, then I will advocate for Johnny having "Limited Supernatural Luck".

okay a minor thing I disagree with
Also, that feat of Johnny winning that snowball competition with only one snowball is sheer luck, with maybe a little bit of skill tossed in at best.

The moment the snowball made contact with the tree was the moment Johnny's "plan" should've failed, because naturally, a normal snowball would've been broken if it made contact with a tree, but the ball instead bounced off of the tree. That's just sheer luck/toon force coming into play.

To further drive my point home, it was sheer luck that Brain Freezer appears at the right moment and the snowball hits the right button to activate the snowball blaster, something Brain Freezer was struggling with the entire episode. He also non-subtly states that his snowball blaster now conveniently works in Johnny's favor. If that entire feat right there wasn't just luck, then I don't know what is.
This is just a feat of Skill and Toon Force personally its incredibly similar to a guy defeating an entire group of people with one bullet type of thing.

I can't really say much on anything else or even this cause I can't watch any of the clips provided but a lot of these things could just be chalked up to Johnny's Skill or Toon Force in certain situations. I'm not saying straight up remove his Supernatural Luck cause I do think he has it but it should be more of a limited kind of ability as its something that doesn't happen very often.

This is just a feat of Skill and Toon Force personally its incredibly similar to a guy defeating an entire group of people with one bullet type of thing.
You can't lie that there are aspects on that feat that involve luck, like the Brain Freezer part. There's no way that's a skill feat, unless Johnny has Precognition, and can tell the future. That's blatant luck.

I already said that there's skill involved in it, so I guess I can concede, but I will say that the feat is for sure a combination of Skill, Toon Force, and Luck.

My problem isn't even necessarily with the feats themselves, it's that the only usable feats come from 2 episodes from the show. in almost every single episode, his life is put in danger, and he has to use his skills or an invention to get out of it.
For that, it depends on the staff to judge if it's enough or not, but generally, I don't think just because it was evident in only 2 episode make it enough to invalidate the feat. Pretty sure in this wiki, something that had only happen once in the entire show was still enough to get it indexed.

But eh, case by case judgement I suppose.

If Johnny had some form of Supernatural Luck, then he wouldn't be getting into these scenarios in the first place; that, or he would be able to just get out without doing anything.
Not really per-see, character with supernatural luck usually are narratively written to be put into some sort of inconvinient for the sake of plot and are then shown to have "Their Luck" solve the crisis that threaten their comfort. The reasoning is because if the character never got into some sort of conflict it wouldn't really become an entertaining story or we might not shown the capability of their luck to get out of inconvinient event.

Like how we would blame our bad luck when something bad happen to us, but when something good happen we just take it for granted. Unless that something good saved our skin, then it become notable to us.

Luck can happen without the character actively doing anything, and it can also happen with the character action triggering it.
It depend case by case as Luck work in different scale from one character to another.

Last edited:
(though there are times where he just guesses and he happens to be right)
To elaborate what I'm saying here...

In the following scan, both Johnny and Dukey formulate (and by formulate, I mean guess) a plan to save the kids by combining all of the gum to make a safe landing spot for the kids. This is based off of the fact that the skinny, poop, and Wacko's gum saved both Johnny and Dukey earlier in the episode, so Johnny and Dukey are literally going off of assumptions here.

Johnny's sisters also tell them that combining the gums have a chance of either saving the day, or blowing their heads off.

And take a wild guess what happens...

Of course, Johnny and Dukey just happen to be right. They "formulated" a plan based off an assumption, ended up being correct, and they had a 50/50 chance of dying, and everything plays into their favor.

Oh, and here's Johnny narrowly avoiding danger again by luck.

Just having things happen in your favour isn't enough for Supernatural Luck, not even if it happen consistently. Only statements of being supernaturally lucky or similar evidence grants it.

"This person's luck is so great that it makes the impossible possible."
- Character knowledgeable on metaphysics of the verse

Plus a bunch of feats that corroborate this statement.

Supernatural Luck (Defeated everyone in a snowball competition with one snowball, as well as avoid being hit by snowballs with luck alone. Narrowly avoided getting crushed. Was saved from a long fall by a blimp. Has lucked out of many of Dark Vegan's plans many times, most of which were by accident. Johnny didn't know himself that Dark Vegan was trying to destroy him the whole time. Survived a Power Poot that was meant to kill him).

This is what we have on Johnny's profile for Supernatural Luck, and the only things on here I would consider "normal" by Supernatural Luck standards is Johnny narrowly avoiding getting crushed, him getting saved from a long fall by a blimp, and mayyybeee him and Dukey avoiding getting hit by snowballs.

Other than that, quite literally everything else is something I'd consider Supernatural Luck. Dark Vegan being an incompetent villain is a bad argument, defeating everyone with a singular luck in the context the show puts it in is certainly luck (though skill and toon force do come into play), and surviving an attack that was meant to kill you is 1000% Supernatural Luck.

Then I don't know what to tell you.

Supernatural Luck got approved by many people (including staff) for a reason, but apparently according to you, I need better evidence.

One thing I'd like to say off the bat is that Dark Vegan being an incompetent villain isn't really a good argument given the nature of the show in general.

I can see if every single villain other than him was consistently depicted as being far more competent than him, but this is Johnny Test. You can't really take the majority of the cast seriously due to Johnny Test being a primarily gaggy show. Like, there are many episodes where the villains abandon any nefarious plan they have to destroy Johnny for a stupid reason. Even Johnny's sisters, who are one of the smartest people in the show (probably only trumped by the Super Smarty Pants) have shown to be incompetent. Most gag-like shows tend to have characters that are "incompetent", even if said characters are extraordinarily smart. Singling out Dark Vegan, and Dark Vegan only, is pretty dumb imo.
It could be considered dumb, but when every single feat that you bring up involves Dark Vegan, than I start to think that it isn't Johnny, but Dark Vegan

So I'm seriously not buying @Da3ggman's arguments about Dark Vegan at all, especially his arguments about the snowball feat. That's blatant luck/toon force, with maybe a little bit of skill added in at best, because I guess performing such an unnatural feat like that so casually requires some amount of skill.
I actually do agree that this feat in particular is a lot of luck with some skill, but it's one feat of supernatural luck. If only it was consistent in the show
Then why did you even mention them in the first place? If there was a much bigger and important argument to be made, why even mention it in the first place?
I worded it poorly. I do have some problems with the feast, but my main problem is the inconsistency any which they occur.
Already debunked the argument that those feats aren't usable.
Even if they are, every single feat you take is from 3 episodes out of the entire show. If you could show me more feats from across the show, then I'd be more inclined to agree with you.
Johnny has also gotten out of situations by luck alone. Just because he's used his smarts and inventions (though there are times where he just guesses and he happens to be right) doesn't deny the many, many examples I've shown of Johnny avoiding by sheer luck. At best, I can propose a "Limited Supernatural Luck", but completely removing Supernatural Luck when there's many instances of him having insanely good luck is a bit much.
Gee, I sure love it when someone says that a character does something consistently, and then doesn't provide evidence to back up that claim. Seriously, if he has more feats of Supernatural Luck, then show them.
A naturally lucky person can be put "in danger", it's usually how said person avoids or survives said danger determines whether or not that person got lucky in that scenario.
Your right, they can get into dangerous situations. But when a supposedly Supernaturally lucky person gets into life threatening situations almost every episode, then you have to start to question whether or not they are lucky in the first place.

In the following scan, both Johnny and Dukey formulate (and by formulate, I mean guess) a plan to save the kids by combining all of the gum to make a safe landing spot for the kids. This is based off of the fact that the skinny, poop, and Wacko's gum saved both Johnny and Dukey earlier in the episode, so Johnny and Dukey are literally going off of assumptions here.
If they're going off of a valid assumption that was shown to work previously, that's not luck.
Again, that's not luck. They both have chances of happening. Statistically, they had a 50% of it working. That be like if I flipped a coin and I guessed correctly, then went on to say I have supernatural luck.
See above
Of course, Johnny and Dukey just happen to be right. They "formulated" a plan based off an assumption, ended up being correct, and they had a 50/50 chance of dying, and everything plays into their favor.
A 50% chance isn't enough to be Supernaturally lucky, dude. That could literally happen to anyone, and it does on a day to day basis. Plus, if the assumption worked in the past, why would it not work here?
He literally attacks at the same time the other guys do, and his attack works faster. This is not luck.

It could be considered dumb, but when every single feat that you bring up involves Dark Vegan, than I start to think that it isn't Johnny, but Dark Vegan
I already gave a full on explanation about why those feats should be considered Supernatural Luck in Johnny's favor. Unless you're gonna make a relevant argument about it, then I'll move on.

I actually do agree that this feat in particular is a lot of luck with some skill, but it's one feat of supernatural luck. If only it was consistent in the show
Literally all of the shit I've shown for Dark Vegan is Supernatural Luck, the snowball feat is Supernatural Luck, Johnny surviving an attack that was meant to kill him is Supernatural Luck. Need I go on? You still haven't refuted my arguments about Dark Vegan. All you said was "Well I just think it's Dark Vegan because you showed him more than the others" and just ran with it. That's not an argument.

Even if they are, every single feat you take is from 3 episodes out of the entire show. If you could show me more feats from across the show, then I'd be more inclined to agree with you.
Was about to lose to Bling-Bling until a turtle saved him.

This is enough for at least a "Limited Supernatural Luck", because this along with the other feats are Supernatural Luck.

Gee, I sure love it when someone says that a character does something consistently, and then doesn't provide evidence to back up that claim. Seriously, if he has more feats of Supernatural Luck, then show them.
I've literally shown evidence many times already. What are you on?

Your right, they can get into dangerous situations. But when a supposedly Supernaturally lucky person gets into life threatening situations almost every episode, then you have to start to question whether or not they are lucky in the first place.
Not really per-see, character with supernatural luck usually are narratively written to be put into some sort of inconvinient for the sake of plot and are then shown to have "Their Luck" solve the crisis that threaten their comfort. The reasoning is because if the character never got into some sort of conflict it wouldn't really become an entertaining story or we might not shown the capability of their luck to get out of inconvinient event.

Like how we would blame our bad luck when something bad happen to us, but when something good happen we just take it for granted. Unless that something good saved our skin, then it become notable to us.

Luck can happen without the character actively doing anything, and it can also happen with the character action triggering it.
It depend case by case as Luck work in different scale from one character to another.
Read this first and then think about whether or not what you said makes sense or not.

If a naturally lucky character can literally avoid any kind of conflict whatsoever, the story won't be entertaining, or we won't be able to see the capability of their luck to get out of inconvenient events.

Most, if not all people with Supernatural Luck have to be put in inconvenient situations in order to establish how lucky they are.

By the way Random, sorry if I sounded rude in the last response. I swear that that wasn't my intention, but I see that it would probably be interpreted that way. Anyway, on to the response
I already gave a full on explanation about why those feats should be considered Supernatural Luck in Johnny's favor. Unless you're gonna make a relevant argument about it, then I'll move on.

Literally all of the shit I've shown for Dark Vegan is Supernatural Luck, the snowball feat is Supernatural Luck, Johnny surviving an attack that was meant to kill him is Supernatural Luck. Need I go on? You still haven't refuted my arguments about Dark Vegan. All you said was "Well I just think it's Dark Vegan because you showed him more than the others" and just ran with it. That's not an argument.

Was about to lose to Bling-Bling until a turtle saved him.

This is enough for at least a "Limited Supernatural Luck", because this along with the other feats are Supernatural Luck.

I've literally shown evidence many times already. What are you on?
I meant more evidence than the same clips from 3 episodes of the show that are actually Supernatural Luck. The only new feat you've brought up I already debunked above. I also meant evidence that he mostly relies on luck to get out of other villains plans. You say that he does consistently, so it shouldn't be that hard to find some more examples.
Read this first and then think about whether or not what you said makes sense or not.

If a naturally lucky character can literally avoid any kind of conflict whatsoever, the story won't be entertaining, or we won't be able to see the capability of their luck to get out of inconvenient events.

Most, if not all people with Supernatural Luck have to be put in inconvenient situations in order to establish how lucky they are.

This is a combination of toon force, skill, and luck, so not a completely solid example of Supernatural Luck
You yourself already said that this feat could be interpreted as not Supernatural Luck, so it's not really solid.
You already said it's not Supernatural Luck
You already said it was not Supernatural Luck
Jesus, I don't know how many times I have to repeat myself. Dark Vegan is unlucky, not the other way around. Besides the snowball competition feat, every single one of the usable feats you mention that you say are 100% Supernatural Luck involve Dark Vegan. If he isn't an incompetent villain, why would he mess up this many times so consistently? Everytime he gets close to killing Johnny Test, and only when HE gets close to it, Johnny is miraculously fine.
I can't seem to see this, could you describe it in more detail?

Back