• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just throwing a rope
I don't think you understand physics.

Matter of fact, you don't even have to know basic physics to understand my calc. Just read it. it explains everything step by step. It's something even you can replicate.

If you have nothing constructive to say about my calc other than "I don't think it's class M because I don't want to look at the blog" then please keep your comments to yourself.

So you're insistent on playing hardball.
Riddle me this. If he's Class M how come he was dragged by the Helicopter afterwards? You'd think he can pull that down.
Like I said, SamanPatou described it pretty well already.

Riddle me this. If he's Class M how come he was dragged by the Helicopter afterwards?
Class M comes from throwing the rope. That's an explosive pushing motion. Pushing strength doesn't always equate to pulling strength.

Also, Johnny clearly wasn't pulling against the helicopter. Just because you have Class M Lifting Strength doesn't mean that you way that amount. The helicopter just pulled Johnny's weight. The reason he didn't let go was because he would've fallen from stories high in the air.

I'm just saying, if he really was that strong I think he'd be able to pull or restrain a helicopter.

@TheMonkeMan’s reasoning is poor but he is right that Class M rope throwing is absurd, and after looking at the blog the issue is that that rope is nowhere near 1220 metres long

Johnny throws the rope from the top of a hill, and some U.S. cities elevations alone would cut deep into that 1220m figure. The blimp is still ascending when he throws the rope, and later in the episode Johnny’s just under the blimp after getting on the rooftop of a building, which would be easily the tallest building in the world if the blimp was truly that high.

You’re better pixel scaling the rope’s length from these shots:

@TheMonkeMan’s reasoning is poor but he is right that Class M rope throwing is absurd, and after looking at the blog the issue is that that rope is nowhere near 1220 metres long
Yeah I'm tired lol
Haven't slept since I made those comments earlier
But yeah this is weird, he's just throwing a rope and like Pika said it wasn't a long or heavy rope at all, so I don't know how that's Class M.
It is, however, a pretty nice skill feat.

Johnny throws the rope from the top of a hill, and some U.S. cities elevations alone would cut deep into that 1220m figure. The blimp is still ascending when he throws the rope, and later in the episode Johnny’s just under the blimp after getting on the rooftop of a building, which would be easily the tallest building in the world if the blimp was truly that high.

You’re better pixel scaling the rope’s length from these shots:

Doesn't make sense considering that Johnny threw the rope that high up. If it was only that short, it would not have been able to reach the blimp.

This is just inconsistent size and there's no real assume that the helicopter shot is a more accurate depiction of the rope's true length.

Doesn't make sense considering that Johnny threw the rope that high up. If it was only that short, it would not have been able to reach the blimp.

This is just inconsistent size and there's no real assume that the helicopter shot is a more accurate depiction of the rope's true length.
Depends on how far he was from the blimp, as well as how high up the blimp was. And I don't think it was clarified how far away it was, maybe I gotta rewatch.

The blimp is barely above some standard sized buildings and is still in the process of ascending, it really isn’t that high up yet and Johnny was already up a hill before he even threw the rope. There’s nothing to suggest that rope is anywhere near over a kilometre long

The blimp is barely above some standard sized buildings and is still in the process of ascending, it really isn’t that high up yet and Johnny was already up a hill before he even threw the rope. There’s nothing to suggest that rope is anywhere near over a kilometre long
Yes, I was about to say this; Johnny was on a hill that seemed to be up to one of the floors of the buildings in height, and the blimp was barely above those buildings.

I'm seriously not getting the reasons behind "The rope isn't as big as it's made to be."

Johnny quite clearly launches the rope and it ends up almost reaching the blimp before it got stopped by the villain. That is very, very obvious to see imo.

As stupid as it sounds, Johnny would've lassoed the blimp if it wasn't for the villain catching the rope in time.

I think this is a case of inconsistent shots/animation, which tbf, was a pretty big issue during the later seasons of the show. The animation went to shit lol.

That's just my opinion on the feat.

Combined with the fact we don’t know how high up Johnny himself was when he tried to lasso the blimp, his throw there is not reliable for scaling the rope’s length, since there’s a plethora of variables that can’t be properly assessed that impact how high the blimp was in relation to Johnny

It’s still ascending and thus wouldn’t be at its final constant height of 1220 metres, as evidenced by this shot:

It’s grazing over this building here, when it should be hundreds of metres above it if it was 1220m high up:

Hold on...

Why is there a rope in the second image when the rope was originally thrown down by the villain by a helicopter?

Other than the scene where Johnny launches a rope, nothing shows that the blimp had a rope. Unless I'm missing something, this is once again another case of inconsistent shots/animation.

I'm about to take a shower, so I'll show some more evidence of how inconsistent this scene is when I hop on my laptop, as I'm currently on mobile.

Hold on...

Why is there a rope in the second image when the rope was originally thrown down by the villain by a helicopter?

Other than the scene where Johnny launches a rope, nothing shows that the blimp had a rope. Unless I'm missing something, this is once again another case of inconsistent shots/animation.

Yeah, the rope is magically there, it’s a continuity error, I don’t get how arguing this sequence is full of continuity errors helps you, because what makes the shot you’re using any more reliable than the one I’m using with the helicopter? Even if you did want use your shot, you still can’t because you don’t know how high the blimp was in relation to Johnny, because

A: You do not know how high Johnny was off of ground level after getting up that hill

B: You don’t have a way to find the height of the blimp

If anything, the scene having horrendous continuity and inconsistencies in scale and such is argument that the feat is unusable, not that it’s ok to use whatever shot gets the highest numbers

I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about the inconsistencies of the rope's length.
..So why argue about it? One scene it's long enough to nearly hit a blimp from the ground, the other it's short to the point of hanging off the blimp and not touching the roof some feet below it.
If there's no guaranteed way to measure it then we should leave it.

Jesus Christ I watched on a bit and you really weren’t exaggerating about the whip cracks 😭
Just watch the first 3 or 4 Seasons if you're interested in watching the show lol.

Yeah, if the rope is that inconsistent the feat is incalculable
Before the rope even gets launched it's seemingly at normal size, then when Johnny launches it, it starts to rapidly extend in length to where it can reach the blimp.

I don't actually this is an LS feat, I think this is a combination of skill and maybe a mixture of Toon Force and Weapon Mastery, as being able to lasso a blimp with that level of accuracy requires skill far beyond human comprehension. It's also Weapon Mastery because of how well he can use the lasso.

I think it's another case of Toon Force as well because the rope clearly starts to rapidly extend in length the moment Johnny throws it.

Unfortunately, I don't think this is an LS feat. Sorry for asking you to calculate this, Kachon.

@Pikaman what is your verdict on the rest of the thread?

9-A Keys​

For those who don't know, Johnny Test is one of those verse's where its peak varies a lot due to it being a gag show by nature for the most part. However, I'm proposing that we add 9-A keys to establish the verse's bare minimum in terms of Attack Potency.

Here are the following feats that were calculated to support 9-A Johnny Test:

The first calc is the one the verse should scale to, while the second one is just a nice little supporting feat. I don’t think adding 9-A keys for the verse should be too controversial.

Here’s my proposal:

Johnny: "At least 9-A (Comparable, if not, superior to Flink Tourisberg, who survived this. Comparable to his sisters, who survived their lab exploding). Varies from 8-A to likely 7-C at his peak.”

Dukey: "At least 9-A (Comparable, if not, superior to Flink Tourisberg, who survived this. Comparable to Johnny's sisters, who survived their lab exploding). Varies from 8-A to likely 7-C at his peak.”
Made updates to the 9-A section of the CRT.

You know my stance on this, basically I think it's just intelligence, since he applied his experience with videogames to an entirely different field of expertise, with just some similarities, instead of properly learning it fast.
Another question: How much would this change Johnny's intelligence rating? Johnny's current rating for his intel is "Varies from Below Average to Above Average in his best showings". though I don't think what Johnny did here was something an Above Average intelligent person could do.
@SamanPatou?

Oh boy, I came from vacation. Sorry, I'm late. No time to read replies though, so I'll just say what I think from reading the OP.

Johnny was able to launch a seemingly normal rope an extremely long distance. It looked like he was about to lasso a blimp from the ground before getting stopped last second. This seems like another case of Toon Force, but I’m curious as to what y’all think about this.
That's a weird one, no comment.

I don't think so, this is more like an Intelligence feat.

Okay. The things he did while mid-air qualifies for that.

Okay.

Okay?

Johnny: "At least 9-A (Comparable, if not, superior to Flink Tourisberg, who survived this. Comparable to his sisters, who survived their lab exploding). Varies from 8-A to likely 7-C at his peak.”

Dukey: "At least 9-A (Comparable, if not, superior to Flink Tourisberg, who survived this. Comparable to Johnny's sisters, who survived their lab exploding). Varies from 8-A to likely 7-C at his peak.”
No comment. :p

This Could Mean Many Things…​

Oh, I didn't see the video, and now that I know the whole context of this, and not just a description/text, I will confidently disagree with what I said before. This is most likely Supernatural Luck.

So a majority of people seem to agree that it's Supernatural Luck.

I can agree with that too, as there's instances of evidence that support that.

Okay, I think we have more than enough agreements from staff to apply at least a good majority of the stuff in the CRT.

I just need to summarize everything and we're good.

Johnny was able to launch a seemingly normal rope an extremely long distance. It looked like he was about to lasso a blimp from the ground before getting stopped last second. This seems like another case of Toon Force, but I’m curious as to what y’all think about this.
This rope feat seems to be more of a skill feat than anything else for the most part, as the shots/animation are too inconsistent to calc it (why I hate the later seasons of the show).

For Dukey:

Acrobatics (Can leap several meters in the air)

Elasticity (Can survive being flattened and squished with no issue)
Not only does Dukey have Elasticity in his base form, he also has Elasticity in his Super Dukey key.

Elasticity (Can extend his tail)
All of these can be applied to Dukey's profile.

I also want to downgrade the verses regeneration to Mid-low.

Both Johnny and Dukey have regenerated from severe burns (and in Dukey's case, fur as well) in a very short time frame.

Regeneration (Mid-low. Quickly regenerated from severe burns)

Regeneration (Mid-low. Quickly regenerated from severe burns and lost fur)
Johnny and Dukey's regen should be unfortunately downgraded to Mid-low.

9-A Keys​

For those who don't know, Johnny Test is one of those verse's where its peak varies a lot due to it being a gag show by nature for the most part. However, I'm proposing that we add 9-A keys to establish the verse's bare minimum in terms of Attack Potency.

Here are the following feats that were calculated to support 9-A Johnny Test:

The first calc is the one the verse should scale to, while the second one is just a nice little supporting feat. I don’t think adding 9-A keys for the verse should be too controversial.

Here’s my proposal:

Once the calcs get accepted, we can add 9-A keys to the verse, so we have to wait until these calcs are approved by a CGM.

Accelerated Development or Intelligence?​

Hear me out...

You see this crazy skill feat right?

Johnny was able to do this thanks to his extensive knowledge on video games, and applying it in combat. He had basically no military training prior to it, and the only reason he aced the "training session" was because of his extensive knowledge on video games.

In the Accelerated Development page, this is one of fhe versions of AD:

Playing video games is an everyday activity Johnny does during his everyday life, yet he was able to do all of this.

If this isn’t AD, then I’d argue this is a very, very good intelligence/skill feat for Johnny, as he used his video game knowledge and applied it to combat, which should definitely change Johnny’s intelligence section significantly.
I'm still waiting for @SamanPatou to determine what level of intelligence this would make Johnny, though I'd appreciate if someone else can answer this.

This is not an AD feat, just a very good skill/intelligence feat. I just want to know what level of intelligence is required to do something like this.

This Could Mean Many Things…​

In the Season 3 finale, Johnny's plan in order to save Earth was to create one big Power Poot to destroy all of the Armada, sacrificing himself, and many others in the process.

In the end, the plan works and the day is saved. Johnny's family, along with his friends, assumes he's dead. Of course, they end up being wrong, and then the explanation as to why Johnny survived was "He's the star of the show, so he can't die."

What this is implying, in my opinion, is that Johnny is not allowed to die because he’s the main protagonist.

I asked quite a few people (mainly staff) about this, and if this would apply to any ability, and here were the following answers:

Supernatural Luck: People argued this, as their whole explanation was that Johnny basically receives good luck due to him being the main protagonist, which makes it harder for him to kill. This makes sense, as there are other illogical scenes in the show that play in Johnny's favor just because.

Plot Manipulation: Some argued this too, but I honestly don’t see it. The scene I displayed before (the one where Dukey says Johnny’s the star of the show) is lacking in elaboration to really be considered Plot Manip. Plus, there’s also this statement from the Plot Manip page:

This quote right here leads me to the next ability someone proposed:

Fate Manipulation: This one honestly doesn’t seem too far fetched, as you can imply that the show is trying to say that Johnny (the protagonist) is fated to win basically every battle he’s in due to being the main character of his series.

Now, there’s one more ability that a staff member proposed that I said I was going to consider:

Immortality: Basically, the staff member said that if the show blatantly states that the main character isn’t allowed to die because…he’s the main character, then that should warrant some kind of Immortality, which if true, I’d propose that Johnny should have Type 5 Immortality:

What this is trying to imply is that Johnny cannot die by conventional means because he’s the main protagonist, so you’re going to have to “kill” him another way.

In my honest opinion, either Supernatural Luck or Fate Manipulation works best for me. Plot Manip is a pretty blatant no imo, and while Immortality isn’t too far off, I think it’s a little bit of a stretch.
The majority of people in this thread seem to agree that this is a case of Supernatural Luck coming into play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back