• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomGuy2345

He/Him
Before I even start, I want to give a huge, and I mean HUGE shout out to the following people who helped make this CRT a thing:

@KobsterHope07
@Dalesean027
@Kachon123
@Propellus
@Just_a_Random_Butler
@Bruhtelho
@CuteAnimeNekoGirl99
@ElajRuengies
@Dragonite007
@Shadyboi0

Some of you definitely did more than others, but all of you were a huge help in helping me, and this verse.

I also apologize for constantly nagging y’all lol.

Anyways, let's get into this CRT!

Minor Stuff​

I’m going to get this done and over with, as this won’t really affect the verse too much other than getting a couple of extra abilities, as well as some potential questions I have for some of them.

For Johnny:

Johnny was able to launch a seemingly normal rope an extremely long distance. It looked like he was about to lasso a blimp from the ground before getting stopped last second. This seems like another case of Toon Force, but I’m curious as to what y’all think about this.

Weapon Mastery (Capable of using mundane objects from his garage to defeat his enemies)

This one’s pretty simple imo.

For Dukey:

Acrobatics (Can leap several meters in the air)

Elasticity (Can survive being flattened and squished with no issue)
Not only does Dukey have Elasticity in his base form, he also has Elasticity in his Super Dukey key.

Elasticity (Can extend his tail)

I also want to downgrade the verses regeneration to Mid-low.

Both Johnny and Dukey have regenerated from severe burns (and in Dukey's case, fur as well) in a very short time frame.

Regeneration (Mid-low. Quickly regenerated from severe burns)

Regeneration (Mid-low. Quickly regenerated from severe burns and lost fur)

That should be all for now.

9-A Keys​

For those who don't know, Johnny Test is one of those verse's where its peak varies a lot due to it being a gag show by nature for the most part. However, I'm proposing that we add 9-A keys to establish the verse's bare minimum in terms of Attack Potency.

Here are the following feats that were calculated to support 9-A Johnny Test:

The first calc is the one the verse should scale to, while the second one is just a nice little supporting feat. I don’t think adding 9-A keys for the verse should be too controversial.

Here’s my proposal:

Johnny: "At least 9-A (Comparable, if not, superior to Flink Tourisberg, who survived this. Comparable to his sisters, who survived their lab exploding). Varies from 8-A to likely 7-C at his peak.”

Dukey: "At least 9-A (Comparable, if not, superior to Flink Tourisberg, who survived this. Comparable to Johnny's sisters, who survived their lab exploding). Varies from 8-A to likely 7-C at his peak.”

Accelerated Development or Intelligence?​

Hear me out...

Johnny and his crew were able to defeat a bunch of rogue Penguins. However, these aren't your average Penguins. After figuring out that global warming was decreasing the Penguin population, they decided to take matters into their own hands and solo all of the military forces. The Penguins legit captured Argentina in a very short amount of time. Keep in mind that these Penguins have shown to have no military experience prior to this, and yet they were able to do all of this in a relatively short time frame. Johnny was able to casually solo multiple robot enemies in simulation training, even receiving compliments from The General himself. At the end of the episode, Johnny and the crew were able to defeat the rogue Penguins and save the world. Johnny was able to accomplish all of this thanks to his extensive knowledge on video games.
You see this crazy skill feat right?

Johnny was able to do this thanks to his extensive knowledge on video games, and applying it in combat. He had basically no military training prior to it, and the only reason he aced the "training session" was because of his extensive knowledge on video games.

In the Accelerated Development page, this is one of fhe versions of AD:

Passive: The character can train by doing either nothing in particular, only everyday activities or things that they can constantly do at the side during everyday life.

Playing video games is an everyday activity Johnny does during his everyday life, yet he was able to do all of this.

If this isn’t AD, then I’d argue this is a very, very good intelligence/skill feat for Johnny, as he used his video game knowledge and applied it to combat, which should definitely change Johnny’s intelligence section significantly.

This Could Mean Many Things…​

In the Season 3 finale, Johnny's plan in order to save Earth was to create one big Power Poot to destroy all of the Armada, sacrificing himself, and many others in the process.

In the end, the plan works and the day is saved. Johnny's family, along with his friends, assumes he's dead. Of course, they end up being wrong, and then the explanation as to why Johnny survived was "He's the star of the show, so he can't die."

What this is implying, in my opinion, is that Johnny is not allowed to die because he’s the main protagonist.

I asked quite a few people (mainly staff) about this, and if this would apply to any ability, and here were the following answers:

Supernatural Luck: People argued this, as their whole explanation was that Johnny basically receives good luck due to him being the main protagonist, which makes it harder for him to kill. This makes sense, as there are other illogical scenes in the show that play in Johnny's favor just because.

Plot Manipulation: Some argued this too, but I honestly don’t see it. The scene I displayed before (the one where Dukey says Johnny’s the star of the show) is lacking in elaboration to really be considered Plot Manip. Plus, there’s also this statement from the Plot Manip page:

“For instance, a character that is lucky or fated to win like the protagonist of a story would only get this power if that is done by altering the plot. Otherwise it would simply be Supernatural Luck or Fate Manipulation.”

This quote right here leads me to the next ability someone proposed:

Fate Manipulation: This one honestly doesn’t seem too far fetched, as you can imply that the show is trying to say that Johnny (the protagonist) is fated to win basically every battle he’s in due to being the main character of his series.

Now, there’s one more ability that a staff member proposed that I said I was going to consider:

Immortality: Basically, the staff member said that if the show blatantly states that the main character isn’t allowed to die because…he’s the main character, then that should warrant some kind of Immortality, which if true, I’d propose that Johnny should have Type 5 Immortality:

Deathless Immortality: Characters who exist unbound by conventional life or death, or do not exist at all, and thus cannot be traditionally killed. Typically, abilities such as Existence Erasure are needed to destroy them.”

What this is trying to imply is that Johnny cannot die by conventional means because he’s the main protagonist, so you’re going to have to “kill” him another way.

In my honest opinion, either Supernatural Luck or Fate Manipulation works best for me. Plot Manip is a pretty blatant no imo, and while Immortality isn’t too far off, I think it’s a little bit of a stretch.

Aaaannddd that’s all! I think…

Hopefully I didn’t miss anything, but if I did, hopefully one of the people who followed the Johnny Test General Discussion Thread will remind me once this is posted.

But anyways, to summarize:

1. Minor ability additions for both Johnny and Dukey
  2. 9-A keys for the verse.
  3. Accelerated Development or Intelligence upgrade for Johnny
  4. Supernatural Luck, Plot Manipulation, Fate Manipulation, or Immortality for Johnny

Agree: @SamanPatou (Agrees with Supernatural Luck, as well as Intel upgrade for Johnny, Acrobatics and Elasticity), @Tllmbrg (Same reasons as Patou), @Dalesean027 (Same reasons), @The_Almighty_Wholesome (Same reasons, too), @KingTempest (Agrees with Fate Manip + Immortality)

Disagree: @SamanPatou (Disagrees with Weapon Mastery and 9-A calcs to an extent), @Tllmbrg (Same reasons as Patou), @Dalesean027 (Same reasons), @The_Almighty_Wholesome (Same reasons, too)

Neutral:

Last edited:
Johnny was able to launch a seemingly normal rope an extremely long distance. It looked like he was about to lasso a blimp from the ground before getting stopped last second. This seems like another case of Toon Force, but I’m curious as to what y’all think about this.
This is a combination of skill and LS, tho I don'y really know how to gauge the latter, but it's solidly superhuman in both aspects.

This is general ingenuity, since he's setting up traps with mundane objects and by taking advantage of his small size.
It's more aking to Home Alone's slapstick, rather than actual skill with proper weapons.
I'd label this as a intelligence feat.

The reason why this works as acrobatics is because he did a full air-combo on falling objects, leaping several meters in the air is just LS.
So, the feat works, you just have to change the explanation.

Elasticity (Can survive being flattened and squished with no issue)
Not only does Dukey have Elasticity in his base form, he also has Elasticity in his Super Dukey key.
Elasticity (Can extend his tail)
These are good

The calc itself should be fine, but I believe the explosion should have a lower yield, simply because the volcano wasn't entirely destroyed, it's base it still there.
Ask a calc member for safety and specifics, but I'd say it should either use something like v.frag, or just calc the destruction of the upper part, so cutting off some meters.
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...hnny_Test:_Bling_Bling_Boy_Tanks_an_Explosion
This still needs to be accepted, but aside from that, I think you should split the calc in 4, since the feat is the combined effort of four people tackling the wall.
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Dalesean027/Johnny_test_wall_smash

Accelerated Development or Intelligence?​

You know my stance on this, basically I think it's just intelligence, since he applied his experience with videogames to an entirely different field of expertise, with just some similarities, instead of properly learning it fast.

This Could Mean Many Things…​

Cringe farting feat, denied.

I'm more inclined to call this supernatural luck, if not just durability or whatever, since his whole crew survived something that should have annihilated them all, so they all either share the same hax, or the merit goes elsewhere. Moreover, I wouldn't give too much weight to Dukey's statement, since it was basically a joke, not a meta-narrative explanation.

I’m inclined to lean towards Johnny not dying as Supernatural Luck or durability since it’s played more so as Meta commentary from Dukey, as mentioned above, and as much as I like Dukey, idk if we can give Johnny something like fate manip, immortality, or plot manip based on a statement by him that’s mostly a 4th wall break with no further explanation from anyone else. We also have to take into consideration that everyone survived the explosion as well. So either EVERYONE present at the explosion has some sort of hax presented in the OP, Johnny’s luck can effect the people around him, or simply everyone had the durability to survive the explosion. I’m leaning towards it being one of the last two though I’m open to seeing more reasoning and arguments towards it being more than luck or durability.

I mostly agree with everything else presented though.

This is a combination of skill and LS, tho I don'y really know how to gauge the latter, but it's solidly superhuman in both aspects.
I might ask a knowledgeable calc member (or Dale) about this.

This is general ingenuity, since he's setting up traps with mundane objects and by taking advantage of his small size.
It's more aking to Home Alone's slapstick, rather than actual skill with proper weapons.
I'd label this as a intelligence feat.
Fairs.

The reason why this works as acrobatics is because he did a full air-combo on falling objects, leaping several meters in the air is just LS.
So, the feat works, you just have to change the explanation.
Noted.

The calc itself should be fine, but I believe the explosion should have a lower yield, simply because the volcano wasn't entirely destroyed, it's base it still there.
Ask a calc member for safety and specifics, but I'd say it should either use something like v.frag, or just calc the destruction of the upper part, so cutting off some meters.
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...hnny_Test:_Bling_Bling_Boy_Tanks_an_Explosion
As much as you're right, I really, really don't feel like bothering Kachon for the 14356758th time. I might bother @Dalesean027 about it, though. :devilish:

This still needs to be accepted, but aside from that, I think you should split the calc in 4, since the feat is the combined effort of four people tackling the wall.
So it's only Wall+ then...:cry:

Eh, I think it's still a solid enough supporting feat, especially if the other 9-A calc is getting downgraded a bit.

You know my stance on this, basically I think it's just intelligence, since he applied his experience with videogames to an entirely different field of expertise, with just some similarities, instead of properly learning it fast.
Another question: How much would this change Johnny's intelligence rating? Johnny's current rating for his intel is "Varies from Below Average to Above Average in his best showings". though I don't think what Johnny did here was something an Above Average intelligent person could do.

Cringe farting feat, denied.
-🥸

I'm more inclined to call this supernatural luck, if not just durability or whatever, since his whole crew survived something that should have annihilated them all, so they all either share the same hax, or the merit goes elsewhere. Moreover, I wouldn't give too much weight to Dukey's statement, since it was basically a joke, not a meta-narrative explanation.
Supernatural Luck seems fine. I gave quite a bit of weight to Dukey's statement because if he didn't say that, I wouldn't have even considered adding this to the CRT to begin with.

Like, not being able to die because you're the protagonist just feels like there's more than just Supernatural Luck coming into play, but it is what it is.

Imagine not having Johnny Test at country level

Anyways everything Saman approved looks fine, so I'll go with supernatural luck

If you knew how much of a goon I was, you'd know how much I would actually consider this, especially with the couple of Tier 6 feats I found for the verse, so don't give me any ideas.

I'd say Type 8 Immortality, based off how we treated similar statements tor characters like Sonic (Archie) if the inability to die is accepted.
I was either considering this or Type 5, but I said Type 5 to be safe, but then again, this could easily be Supernatural Luck.

We also have to take into consideration that everyone survived the explosion as well. So either EVERYONE present at the explosion has some sort of hax presented in the OP, Johnny’s luck can effect the people around him, or simply everyone had the durability to survive the explosion
Definitely leaning towards the second option. It seems very contradictory to label this as a durability feat if the attack was supposed to kill them. In fact, it's hinted at how dangerous doing the attack was prior, so I can't really see this as a durability feat. The first one is very obviously not applicable, as there are no statements that imply this.

I'll contact more staff members to come over.

I was either considering this or Type 5, but I said Type 5 to be safe, but then again, this could easily be Supernatural Luck.
This is in in no way Type 5. Type 5 is to be outside the conventions of life and death. It is a very specific thing, and is not the mere inability to die, that is every type of Immortality.

To not be allowed to die by another being or thing is Type 8 Immortality.

This is in in no way Type 5. Type 5 is to be outside the conventions of life and death. It is a very specific thing, and is not the mere inability to die, that is every type of Immortality.

To not be allowed to die by another being or thing is Type 8 Immortality.
Fairs.

But this can go either way. It could be Supernatural Luck, Fate Manip, Plot Manip, or Immortality.

I'm assuming you agree with everything else Patou says, but instead, you're proposing Type 8 Immortality instead of Supernatural Luck?

Agree with what everyone else is proposing for a majority. Disagree with everything else, especially the 9-A proposal since it’s really just about finding a more consistent tier and that most of these anti-feats in cartoons are gags made to try to downplay a character.

Agree with what everyone else is proposing for a majority. Disagree with everything else
I might need you to specify.

especially the 9-A proposal since it’s really just about finding a more consistent tier and that most of these anti-feats in cartoons are gags made to try to downplay a character.
Thing is the goal behind this was to establish the bare minimum of the verse's power. The verse's peak varies from 8-A to 7-C, the bare minimum of the verse's power is 9-A.

The toon force additions for Dukey does seem fine, I've already been over the plot armor thing with you on my walls and that it's not really an ability. Not sure what to say about the AD, and the 9-A keys are very unnecessary.

I've already been over the plot armor thing with you on my walls and that it's not really an ability
I really don't see how it's not an ability, especially with what multiple people (mainly staff) were considering. But I'll consider your opinion.

and the 9-A keys are very unnecessary.
You're kind of right, but I want to establish the bare minimum of the verse's power.

Could lead to a possibly Key probably
Hmm...

Calc it, but I assume tier 6 no matter what
I literally have no clue how to calc it, plus it's only a statement, so I don't know how we would do this.

You're kind of right, but I want to establish the bare minimum of the verse's power.
Like Psycho said, do keep in mind that most of these anti-feats are played to buy laughter out of people to attempt to downplay the characters. The point is to find a consistent end for each.
Hmm...

I literally have no clue how to calc it, plus it's only a statement, so I don't know how we would do this.
If it's based off a statement alone, then that would have to depend on a common feat worth requesting to be calced.

Just figure the land mass of Malaysia, how much of it is dirt/stone/other
Then put through various values of frags and so on
You make it seem so easy😭

Like Psycho said, do keep in mind that most of these anti-feats are played to buy laughter out of people to attempt to downplay the characters. The point is to find a consistent end for each.
Thing is Tier 9 is a pretty consistent low end for the verse.

If it's based off a statement alone, then that would have to depend on a common feat worth requesting to be calced.
Is there a common feat for destroying for what was stated to be a "Small Malaysian Island?"

Then you might as well start downgrading the 8-A keys if that's really the case.
The verse's peak varies from 8-A to 7-C.

However, 9-A is a pretty consistent low end for the verse. That's what I was trying to get at here.

Not that I know of. And also, that statement could very likely be a hyperbole.
Nah. It's def not a hyperbole. It's stated twice in the same episode that Mr. Black blew up Malaysia. I think it's fine to consider a statement.

We could potentially try using this formula.

Nah. It's def not a hyperbole. It's stated twice in the same episode that Mr. Black blew up Malaysia. I think it's fine to consider a statement.

We could potentially try using this formula.
World-Data-Locator-Map-Malaysia.jpg

So I found a map of Malaysia, but I have no idea where to measure it from.

The verse's peak varies from 8-A to 7-C.

However, 9-A is a pretty consistent low end for the verse. That's what I was trying to get at here.
Wasn't 7-C the peak of everything? Considering that the tier 8 feats are treated like low-ends.
Can I get another clip of that repeated statement then?

So would the 9-A keys replace the 8-A ones?
No. That's not the intention.

Wasn't 7-C the peak of everything? Considering that the tier 8 feats are treated like low-ends.
No. Hence why there is a "Varies" before the 8-A comes in, which implies that the peak of the verse varies between 8-A and 7-C.

It might cause some confusion, so maybe we can word it differently to avoid that from happening.

No. Hence why there is a "Varies" before the 8-A comes in, which implies that the peak of the verse varies between 8-A and 7-C.

It might cause some confusion, so maybe we can word it differently to avoid that from happening.
Maybe something like this:

"At least 9-A (Comparable to Bling-Bling Boy, who survived this. Destroyed a wall). At his peak, Varies from 8-A to likely 7-C.”

Another question: How much would this change Johnny's intelligence rating? Johnny's current rating for his intel is "Varies from Below Average to Above Average in his best showings". though I don't think what Johnny did here was something an Above Average intelligent person could do.
@SamanPatou

Once again, I disagree with adding a low end tier. Gag or not, just have him at whatever the highest consistent tier he is at.

Once again, I disagree with adding a low end tier. Gag or not, just have him at whatever the highest consistent tier he is at.
I already acknowledged your argument, I'm still suggesting it because other than one other person, everyone else doesn't seem to mind it all that much.

I still oppose the 9-A proposition either way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back