• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
By the way Random, sorry if I sounded rude in the last response. I swear that that wasn't my intention, but I see that it would probably be interpreted that way. Anyway, on to the response
It's fine.

I meant more evidence than the same clips from 3 episodes of the show that are actually Supernatural Luck. The only new feat you've brought up I already debunked above. I also meant evidence that he mostly relies on luck to get out of other villains plans. You say that he does consistently, so it shouldn't be that hard to find some more examples.
I never said that. At least, to my memory I didn't. I said that he's used luck before to get out of situations.

This is a combination of toon force, skill, and luck, so not a completely solid example of Supernatural Luck
It's mostly luck and toon force, though. There is very little skill involved in this. This is a very solid example of Supernatural Luck.

And even then, toon force only comes into play when the ball bounces off the tree. Even then, I can still argue that it's luck coming into play. Everything from that point on is straight luck.

There's really no good justification for skill here. You have to grasp at straws in order to get a somewhat decent justification.

You yourself already said that this feat could be interpreted as not Supernatural Luck, so it's not really solid.
The fact that it's a projectile of snowballs instead of just one coming straight towards Johnny and Dukey can justify Supernatural Luck. Plus, I only said it's a maybe. I didn't outright say that this isn't Supernatural Luck. You have to be really stretching it in order to not consider it Supernatural Luck.

Jesus, I don't know how many times I have to repeat myself. Dark Vegan is unlucky, not the other way around. Besides the snowball competition feat, every single one of the usable feats you mention that you say are 100% Supernatural Luck involve Dark Vegan. If he isn't an incompetent villain, why would he mess up this many times so consistently? Everytime he gets close to killing Johnny Test, and only when HE gets close to it, Johnny is miraculously fine.
I already gave a lengthy explanation that you still have yet to refute.

I can't seem to see this, could you describe it in more detail?

Can you see it, now?

I never said that. At least, to my memory I didn't. I said that he's used luck before to get out of situations.
You're correct, must have been my memory.
It's mostly luck and toon force, though. There is very little skill involved in this. This is a very solid example of Supernatural Luck.
I actually agree that this example is a case of Supernatural Luck, sorry if I didn't say that already
I already gave a lengthy explanation that you still have yet to refute.
What is the explanation? I know you did one for Dark Vegan being incompetent, but I can't find one debunking Dark Vegan having bad luck
Can you see it, now?
Still no. It might just be that my laptop is on the fritz.

What is the explanation? I know you did one for Dark Vegan being incompetent, but I can't find one debunking Dark Vegan having bad luck
One thing I'd like to say off the bat is that Dark Vegan being an incompetent villain isn't really a good argument given the nature of the show in general.

I can see if every single villain other than him was consistently depicted as being far more competent than him, but this is Johnny Test. You can't really take the majority of the cast seriously due to Johnny Test being a primarily gaggy show. Like, there are many episodes where the villains abandon any nefarious plan they have to destroy Johnny for a stupid reason. Even Johnny's sisters, who are one of the smartest people in the show (probably only trumped by the Super Smarty Pants) have shown to be incompetent. Most gag-like shows tend to have characters that are "incompetent", even if said characters are extraordinarily smart. Singling out Dark Vegan, and Dark Vegan only, is pretty dumb imo.

Besides, in the same episode where Johnny and the others survive the attack that was supposed to kill them, Dark Vegan formulated an entire plan to destroy the Earth overtime by eliminating all of the Earth's natural resources, something no other villain in the show came close to doing. Literally all of the reoccurring villains in the show had to team up with Johnny in order to defeat Dark Vegan. The best we've seen a villain do in the show that I can remember off the top of my head was when Brain Freezer threatened to freeze the entire city of Porkbelly. So saying "Dark Vegan is a incompetent villain" isn't a good argument due to the nature of the show, as well as episodes in the show saying otherwise.
Everything I said here was to further support that it wasn't necessarily bad luck on Dark Vegan's part, as well as the "Dark Vegan being incompetent" argument not making sense.

Also, there was another Supernatural Luck feat that had nothing to do with Dark Vegan whatsoever.

Wasn't that inside Dark Vegans spaceship, meaning he would've won?
What does being inside Dark Vegan's spaceship have to do with it?

Johnny formulated a plan where he, along with everyone else, will sacrifice themselves by creating the ultimate Power Poot to defeat Dark Vegan and save the Earth. They all end up surviving it in the end.

This has nothing to do with Dark Vegan at all. Johnny just survived an attack that was meant to kill him by luck alone.

What does being inside Dark Vegan's spaceship have to do with it?

Johnny formulated a plan where he, along with everyone else, will sacrifice themselves by creating the ultimate Power Poot to defeat Dark Vegan and save the Earth. They all end up surviving it in the end.

This has nothing to do with Dark Vegan at all. Johnny just survived an attack that was meant to kill him by luck alone.
After reading this, I think I've changed my mind on Johnny not having Supernatural Luck entirely, but I still don't think he should have it fully. So, as you suggested before, I think limited Supernatural Luck is fair.

I'm at school currently, so whenever I have free time, or when I just get home, I'll try and fix his Supernatural Luck justifications.

I honestly doesn't see how it is an "Limited ability" but since Random pretty much have agree on this, I don't really have much else to say on the matter.
I guess it would just be that it would sometimes work? IDK this is kinda why I wanted all or nothing.

I guess it would just be that it would sometimes work? IDK this is kinda why I wanted all or nothing.
If we're going for all or nothing, then compare his "Limited" Supernatural Luck to his Supernatural Luck with his Good Luck Charm.

Johnny's "Limited" Supernatural Luck has far better feats of luck than his Good Luck Charm.

If we're going for all or nothing, then compare his "Limited" Supernatural Luck to his Supernatural Luck with his Good Luck Charm.

Johnny's "Limited" Supernatural Luck has far better feats of luck than his Good Luck Charm.
Not quite understanding what you're saying. Would he have full Supernatural luck with the Good Luck Charm?

So.. what should I do with the thread now? I mean, the thread has some support, but that was before me and Random's debate in which I agreed that Johnny should at least have Limited Supernatural Luck. Should I get this closed and start a new thread for Limited Luck?

So.. what should I do with the thread now? I mean, the thread has some support, but that was before me and Random's debate in which I agreed that Johnny should at least have Limited Supernatural Luck. Should I get this closed and start a new thread for Limited Luck?
Probably ask some staff to hop over and give their input.

I'm at school right now, so I'm going to elaborate on the whole "Johnny's "Limited" Supernatural Luck vs Good Luck Charm" argument I mentioned earlier when I get home.

I think I get where Everything12 is coming from, there needs to be an in-verse reason that its Johnny's luck in those situations and not just "accidents" or "it just happen in his favor", the whole point of the Good Luck Charm is that it gives Johnny insane luck that counts towards Supernatural Luck with an in universe explanation as well, that's at least what I think Everything12 means but I could be wrong.

I'm not saying I disagree with supernatural luck, I'm just putting my two cents in.

I think him being "the star of the show" is a good enough reason
TfWUAjB.jpg

I think I get where Everything12 is coming from, there needs to be an in-verse reason that its Johnny's luck in those situations and not just "accidents" or "it just happen in his favor", the whole point of the Good Luck Charm is that it gives Johnny insane luck that counts towards Supernatural Luck with an in universe explanation as well, that's at least what I think Everything12 means but I could be wrong.
One of Spongebob's justifications for Supernatural Luck is quite literally him defeating somebody by accident.

The thing is that the Good Luck Charm doesn't have as good luck as Johnny himself does.
that's not really what I was saying, The Charm is stated to give him good luck which is what Everything12 meant for in-verse reasons, All the times base Johnny does it could be just treated as Plot Armor or "Accidents".

that's not really what I was saying, The Charm is stated to give him good luck which is what Everything12 meant for in-verse reasons, All the times base Johnny does it could be just treated as Plot Armor or "Accidents".
Thing is that a lot of Supernatural Luck feats can interpreted as plot armor or accidents.

I thought a proposal of this was already made a while back and surprised he still has it, but none of the less. I do agree that Supernatural Luck requires some lore based evidence and a character being known for their luck isn't really good enough.
What is your opinion on it now that most of the arguing has finished up?

Back