• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Relooking at Mario's stats: the sequel

It was brought up that it's considered to be a different place due to small differences in the level design
there was an unknown period of time between 64 and galaxy 2, so it's possible that the inhabitants changed it while mario was gone. i'm not sure about the new black holes and inverted gravity for the whomp king fight tho

Small differences
Oh for ***** sake, the tower and the platforms are not small differences, they're important enough to be displayed on the painting itself. There's no reason for them to disappear, that's not only pure headcanon but the Power Star never returns after defeating Whomp King unlike 64.

None of the posts Hanage has brought up are new and have been refuted. Your translations use world as well, not kingdom. It's doubtful the stars would be fake if the sun in that game provides actual sunlight, and Wiggler clearly stating a day and night cycle exists. Not being unaware of some Power Stars is irrelevant.

Bowser himself said there were some power stars that he wasn't aware of
Huh,these secret stars are in peach's castle's secret levels
They're called secret courses for a reason
Screenshot_20201122-172424.png

What do we still need to get done here in summary?

Another AP CRT thread may be made in the future but for now we need to look over Power Stars and the Pop-Up book along with removing the Black Hole Bowser feat
I think I said this already, but to clarify again.
I'm onboard with Koopa having turned the world of yoshi, including stars and the sky into a pop-up book as everything we see and know about the circumstances implies as much if not outright shows as much.
But, at the same time, even if I do think it happened, that's isn't an AP or durability feat and can't be quantified , even if done with magic he uses to attack, as what he did with said magic is strictly unquantifiable in regards to raw power in any conceivable way, it'd be like saying someone turning a building into a piece of wood is a building feat, it isn't, it's just transmutation with building range, while this feat isn't exactly transmutation, same logic applies. It's just a hax and good range feat.

Well, we need to try to focus on getting something constructive done here.

Look, you all keep refusing to apply the conclusions here. Don't blame me if the participants eventually lose all interest and nothing gets done.

Sorry. It is just a figure of speech.

The point is that I have repeatedly urged people to apply this long discussion for some contructive results, but so far it has mostly been a waste of time, so I would appreciate if that could change please.

Which staff members should I send notifications to regarding applying the conclusions of these threads? Just Matthew, Ryukama, Medeus, and Dino?

Bumping it so frequently also kind of makes some of us even more reluctant to respond. Just a heads up. Also, please stop multi-posting Hagane.

But anyway, I'm not quite the most interested in the Pop up book feat, but just a recap of some strong pointers. The Japanese version specifically said Yoshi's World, not just Yoshi's Island which is what it says in the American version. But we do see the Sun in the background get caught in the crossfire. Which gives the impression it would be High 4-C sized at least. And we do now there are visible starry skies throughout the 6 worlds called pages. And the ending says the Pop Up Book world ceases to exist upon Bowser's defeat. So however big the pop up book world is, it gets destroyed when Bowser is defeated seems to be the main highlight.

As for the Power Star stuff, it's already mentioned above the Galaxy games give more context to the Super Mario 64 power stars. Collecting Green Stars actually does add Green Lumas to the Observatory. And I don't need to repeat the Pink Lumas turning into galaxies and then turning back into Lumas. So it seems Lumas can actually transform at will just from looking at the first game. So it's really no surprise if the Power Stars can create starry sky dimensions let alone galaxies.

Yes, the power stars creating "Kingdoms" is noticeably vague from the Japanese text of Mario 64, but the dimensions always existing would often lead to more things to question. Honestly, it's even more questionable than saying Bowser created them with the Power Stars. And it isn't just the 15 courses, but the castle's secret stages and Bowser courses are also dimensions. The painting as said are merely portals to said dimensions. And as for throwback galaxy, there's too much vague details for that. Some want to assume that it's just a place within the Mario universe, but that would only support Power Stars and Lumas further being galaxy level as opposed to the Whomp Fotress being another dimensions created in Mario 64. Both assumptions points to, "Power Stars having the power to create worlds that big". Although, one being more impressive than the other. Also, the existence of good guys and bad guys existing in the created realms or galaxies doesn't really dismiss anything; less hax inherently means it's more impressive AP wise.

Side note; the Black hole calc actually does have some errors; it used Mass Energy as opposed to GBE. Which Executor N0 did the calc in the comments and got High 5-A. There are better feats, but I just wanted to point out. But the specific calc should probably have its own blog.

DatOneWeeb, or Dino Ranger Black may have more to add and/or details to correct, but this is what I can get for now.

Also, no problem Ant. You do have good intentions. I also just wish this thread could go over with; as I dislike repeating myself. And especially if a few others are just spamming the same things over and over again.

Thank you Medeus. Would you be willing to apply the conclusions so far, so we at least get something constructive done here?

For the pop-up book feat, I thought this was the equivalent of changing the entire structure (including the space itself) would be equating to power as well, much like how we do with 3-A and such. I'm pretty sure it's more of reality warping than transmutation, he's changing the world's structure and the space itself due to the backgrounds having shown the same effect. It's also stated you have to restore everything, and return the world to normal in the manual. Overall I still view it as a tier 4 feat.

Now, as for Power Stars.

As for the Power Star stuff, it's already mentioned above the Galaxy games give more context to the Super Mario 64 power stars.
Not really, that's more for Luma's. It's already stated that Bowser used the Power Stars to create the realms, in addition they make you stronger.

Yes, the power stars creating "Kingdoms" is noticeably vague from the Japanese text of Mario 64
I don't know where this was even stated. My translations used "worlds" and Hanage was "monster world". Kingdom was never used, I have no idea why this was brought up.

And as for throwback galaxy, there's too much vague details for that. Some want to assume that it's just a place within the Mario universe, but that would only support Power Stars and Lumas further being galaxy level as opposed to the Whomp Fotress being another dimensions created in Mario 64.
I'm not sure... why being less likely to be 3-C is an argument? I've already said 3-C doesn't matter to me. But I still stand by Throwback Galaxy not being the same location due to the differences in it's structure (anyone who says an entire tower or platforms used to get a Power Star missing are "minor" would be wrong).

Just some stuff I wanted to correct. Like I said, I think the feats are fine to stay.

I was reading comments made by HomeboyMonkey, which is usually very reasonable. I also agree with Weeb regarding the Throwback Galaxy, I still think the feats from Mario 64 are legit.

And I also relooked at the black hole calculation; I noticed Lina's version actually did the GBE step by step. I agree the Pop Up Book feat is more reality warping, but simply warping isn't normally considered an AP feat; it is a solid range feat however. But collapsing the realm to cause everything back to normal in the ending still makes it consistent.

Though, there does seem to be conflicting translations; both seem to be made by human translators for Mario 64, but there's more evidence to point towards creation.

DarkDragonMedeus:

So what should we do here, to get some constructive conclusions out of all the spent effort?

To respond to Matt, it isn't "They're amped by something that creates galaxies or starry skies" it's more or less the boss literally ate an artifact powerful enough to boom and turn into a galaxy and can also turn back. And even characters without amps have over powered and captured Lumas.

But anyway, unless the opposition has more or newer arguments, the currently accepted feats are already on the profiles; though, it would be preferred if there were linked Japanese scans uploaded on Imgur or something and with the translated text for the Pop Up book feat.

I also know Hagane wanted to argue speed, but all of the galaxy booming feats also double as speed feats + some other Massively FTL+ calcs were also made awaiting evaluation as back ups.

Okay. Is somebody willing to help Medeus out with some useful scans that can be added as evidence?

Also, are there any feats that have been rejected and should be removed from the profile pages?

Back