• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Relooking at Mario's stats: the sequel

Can we stop bringing up the King Boo and Brobot feats? They were already accepted.

The contentions being brought up here are points that have already been addressed before. Even in regard to the three main points addressed on the starry sky thread, they are completely fine. King Boo outright was stated to have created the space, the stars in the background are visually the same as others in the game, and Luigi endures and fights King Boo. It is compliant with literally everything asked on the other thread. Brobot's feat is a matter of destruction rather than creation too, so the application of inverse square law validates it.

I don't see why we are backtracking here at all. We're not going to get anything done if we keep going in circles.

Brobot stuff aside, it seems like both Ryukama and Matthew wanted to remove 3-C Power Stars (I have no opinion on this, so if someone else can address that...), and someone brought up Bowser’s black hole feat from MP9 should be removed (which his profile currently lists as a 4-A feat).

This might be random but, on here could we remove the Mario Party 9 black hole feat, I looked at it and it seems more like a transition than Bowser really creating a black hole

I should mention that the black hole thing in MP9 was just meant to be a bit fit, not sure why I added it to the AP instead of like a feats section, it'd be like using Frieza destroying the earth as a justification for his 3-A rating. Also Hagane I think it should count as a black hole, obviously not as a real one (It has red clouds lol) but like a psuedo-black hole in the vein of the black hole weapons in Mega Man or the black hole spell in Kid Icarus.

Last edited:
Also, I think we can maybe discount Yoshi's feat with Raphael because not only is it rather weird to be using as a feat, but also Raphael actually lived and makes an appearance in Paper Mario and a cameo in Yoshi's Island DS

but also Raphael actually lived
Isn't Raphael an entire race though?
Also why would he living invalidate anything, the feat still happened, him appearing later on doesnt change that feat or the fact it happened, we have no idea how he came back, but we do know he got star'd. I can think of a few reasons why that feat is a little sus, but that isnt one of them.

Last edited:
It was sucking planets in.
smol
image0.png

they probably are tiny but Bowser is in the foreground there so him being larger actually makes sense.

Anyways... the Yoshi's Story feat still works for me. I also wanna interestingly note that Peach's magic can actually counter Bowser's, so that's kinda interesting. Bowser has used his own magic offensively, such as in Super Mario RPG.

the Yoshi's Story feat still works for me.

The issue is that yes, it IS a feat, and yes it DID happen. And I'm onboard with it having effected stars and space and what not.
The issue is, transmutating everything into a storybook isn't an AP feat, it's a feat of range and a feat of hax, but the thing actually performed isn't quantifiable or translatable to AP in any way, even if done through magic power he uses to attack, because the very thing happening isn't a feat of power nor is it offensive or defensive. It's very likely a legit feat, just not for what you want it to be, though DDM said something about it blowing up some shit or being destroyed.

I needed to go on hiatus last night for mental health reasons, but I will try to get out of the way what I can. Before work again...

Brobot feat already went over; you can argue they simply teleported to another space as opposed to creation all you want. But at the end of the day, it is a specific body of space associated with Brobot. Not just a local outerspace. And the backgrounds look exactly like Outerspace when not flipping, so they do look like real stars. And Brobot clearly destroys it in the end, which Luigi tanks the epic center. There's not long lauching, and there's no "Teleportation sequence activated" upon defeat. It's just an explosion, and the dimension is completely destroyed, and back to where they were before the fight. Which is about as blatant definition of PR destruction.

I looked at Ryukama's posts, and I also replayed Galaxy. And I actually found a lot of loop holes in his arguments. While he is right that she doesn't outright say the Power Stars were the strongest Lumas, she does greenlight them as the rarest. Furthermore, Ryukama is actually wrong about Lumas transformations being irreversible. In the Observatory, all the pink lumas who turn into galaxies actually do turn back into Pink Lumas when you go to a different level. Then when you talk to them, they can summon the galaxy and launch star back. So that debunks the idea that "Lumas only create galaxies via a suicide attack that doesn't scale to durability". They do boom to form them, but they actually do survive; they're just sentient galaxies.

Also, the "Few Power Stars" refers to ones found by minigames and what not, not ones carried by Bowser's minions. All Power Stars are collected from Bowser as you defeat the bosses. And the Universe feat is one Grand Star. It scales to no one, but even Bowser underestimated the power of the Grand Star. Also, there is another Universe feat in Galaxy 2, but I'm in a hurry for work.

Last edited:
Since when am I President exactly? I am a glorified organiser and maintenance worker, as I keep telling people.
Honestly, your work ethic handling this site (basically 24/7 for 6-7 years) is why I'd imagine even people who disagree with you, look at you being more than just a simple maintenance worker. Not many could handle the job as you've shown.

Thank you for the vote of confidence, but I am very reliant on the rest of the staff doing most of the evaluation work. I am too busy and distracted (and usually uninformed) to handle it well, especially given my ADHD.

Also, people like Medeus have IRL work to handle on top of helping out here, whereas I do not, so they deserve a lot of credit for that.

I needed to go on hiatus last night for mental health reasons, but I will try to get out of the way what I can. Before work again...

Brobot feat already went over; you can argue they simply teleported to another space as opposed to creation all you want. But at the end of the day, it is a specific body of space associated with Brobot. Not just a local outerspace. And Brobot clearly destroys it in the end, which Luigi tanks the epic center. There's not long lauching, and there's no "Teleportation sequence activated" upon defeat. It's just an explosion, and the dimension is completely destroyed, and back to where they were before the fight. Which is about as blatant definition of PR destruction.

I looked at Ryukama's posts, and I also replayed Galaxy. And I actually found a lot of loop holes in his arguments. While he is right that she doesn't outright say the Power Stars were the strongest Lumas, she does greenlight them as the rarest. Furthermore, Ryukama is actually wrong about Lumas transformations being irreversible. In the Observatory, all the pink lumas who turn into galaxies actually do turn back into Pink Lumas when you go to a different level. Then when you talk to them, they can summon the galaxy and launch star back. So that debunks the idea that "Lumas only create galaxies via a suicide attack that doesn't scale to durability". They do boom to form them, but they actually do survive; they're just sentient galaxies.

Also, the "Few Power Stars" refers to ones found by minigames and what not, not ones carried by Bowser's minions. All Power Stars are collected from Bowser as you defeat the bosses. And the Universe feat is one Grand Star. It scales to no one, but even Bowser underestimated the power of the Grand Star. Also, there is another Universe feat in Galaxy 2, but I'm in a hurry for work.
Anyway, I think that Medeus seems to make sense, and hope that he will recover and feel better mentally soon.

If no one is going to make any new comments, I'll just display the pros and cons of the power star feats in 64:

Pros: official Translation and Nintendo Power manual state Bowser used the Power stars to create the worlds of the paintings

Cons: our various translations say Bowser is creating kingdoms within the paintings, Nintendo Power might be unreliable, celestial objects within paintings might be fake, worlds within the paintings have their own histories like Bo-bomb battlefield, Womp King implies he has existed before 64, Bowser himself said there were some power stars that he wasn't aware of

Last edited:
celestial objects within paintings might be fake,

Honestly, that's kinda completely unfounded and makes zero sense regardless of if he made them or not. Though the other points have some merit. Tbh im still hoping Shiro will translate them but if not, atm the translations at play do imply simple conversion, not literal creation.

Pros: official Translation and Nintendo Power manual state Bowser used the Power stars to create the worlds of the paintings

Cons: our various translations say Bowser is creating kingdoms within the paintings, Nintendo Power might be unreliable, celestial objects within paintings might be fake, worlds within the paintings have their own histories like Bo-bomb battlefield, Womp King implies he has existed before 64, Bowser himself said there were some power stars that he wasn't aware of
in galaxy 2 it's shown that WF exists in the actual mario universe rather than the paintings, this could mean that worlds means only the explorable area rather than universes.

It was brought up that it's considered to be a different place due to small differences in the level design

You know, because it's not like it's a platformer game and just cloning the stage that was in 64 would have been lazy, uninspired and uninteresting

Back