• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Reinhard Van Astrea vs Son Goku (GRACE)

Wtf am I reading?

Reinhard one shots with planetary range AoE matter manipulation.

Reinhard's resurrection will create an entirely different body if his original is destroyed. It's described as him "appearing again".

It isn't a goddess that gives him power. It's more like some abstract heart of the world. It may very well just be an omnipresent force of nature.

Funnily enough I could argue Reinhard could actually just recreate an entire planet should they destroy it. (He was said to of recreated the world from nothing after obliterating it)

What is Goku's wincon?

BFR, from my understanding.

Like... IT to Other World, or trapping Reinhard in another planet, or simply tossing his ass into deep space, etc...

BFR, from my understanding.

Like... IT to Other World, or trapping Reinhard in another planet, or simply tossing his ass into deep space, etc...
Seems pretty out of character. Not to mention this is something Reinhard would actually adapt to.

Look at the adaptation justification on his page, lmao.

It's vague, but pretty sure that confirms space throwing won't work.

None of those are viable wincons for Goku.

Can Goku use Hakai? That might work.

I also thought Reinhard's dodge hax were like... Auto-Dodge + Reactive Power Level (Speed), i.e... he dodges stuff even faster after he dodges something the first time or smth.

Would be great if we knew how powerful the Goddess who gives Reinhardt his blessings was.
It's not a goddess or really a sentient being. The 'soul of the world', Od Laguna, gifts him divine blessings whenever he needs them. He has over 100, at one point had literal mind control. When he's killed in battle, Od Laguna gives him an ability that revives him.

He instinctively dodges your attacks and after that he dodges the attack with even more precision and speed than before. Yeah, basically makes him unhittable.

Anyways, Goku dies after a single attack from Reinhard's sword, which is a way more consistent wincon than anything Goku has going for him.

Cant Goku just incap him by killing him over and over so Reinhard cant do anything?

He instinctively dodges your attacks and after that he dodges the attack with even more precision and speed than before. Yeah, basically makes him unhittable.

Anyways, Goku dies after a single attack from Reinhard's sword, which is a way more consistent wincon than anything Goku has going for him.
... This is a statement that I never thought I would see.

Cant Goku just incap him by killing him over and over so Reinhard cant do anything?
And how would he do that?

Reinhard's IR makes it nearly impossible for Goku to hit him without using large AoE attacks meanwhile Reinhard just swings his sword a single time and the match is over.

Would Goku even do something like that in character? And would he turn his back on him after "killing" him the first time?

Either way, both one shot each other, but the difference is Goku has no way to permanently put Reinhard down due to resurrection and type 8.

And how would he do that?

Reinhard's IR makes it nearly impossible for Goku to hit him without using large AoE attacks meanwhile Reinhard just swings his sword a single time and the match is over.
Spam AOE?
Would Goku even do something like that in character? And would he turn his back on him after "killing" him the first time?
Do characters not get knowledge of the rules of the vs fights? They should otherwise these rules gotta be revised. So when killing him doesnt work, he’d go for a different method for the win.
Either way, both one shot each other, but the difference is Goku has no way to permanently put Reinhard down due to resurrection and type 8.
This is a valid statement, comes down to whether or not Goku realises he has no way to put Reinhard down permanently and would need to incap him before Reinhard kills him. Pretty bad wincon for Goku tbh.

Spam AOE?

Do characters not get knowledge of the rules of the vs fights? They should otherwise these rules gotta be revised. So when killing him doesnt work, he’d go for a different method for the win.

This is a valid statement, comes down to whether or not Goku realises he has no way to put Reinhard down permanently and would need to incap him before Reinhard kills him. Pretty bad wincon for Goku tbh.
Characters don't get knowledge of abilities or rules in fights unless OP specifies they have prior knowledge.

There's probably some potential wincon Goku has, but compared to Reinhard's "Swing the sword a single time" it's gonna be way more difficult to pull off lol.

Goku spamming AoE on a guy with resurrection seems really out of character though.

Okay now im genuinely confused. Do we actually not give characters notice of the fact they can beat someone by incapping them for 24 hrs. They can still act in character, but the knowledge of the match should be there. Seems like something that was left out in vsmatches as a whole.

Okay now im genuinely confused. Do we actually not give characters notice of the fact they can beat someone by incapping them for 24 hrs. They can still act in character, but the knowledge of the match should be there. Seems like something that was left out in vsmatches as a whole.
No, we don't. Lol. All that we give them is the willingness to kill. Everything else is a mystery unless you specify.

This is quite literally some of the dumbest stuff ive heard. So let me get this straight, we have a wincon being incapacitation which has specific rules regarding how long itd have to be for it to be considered a win. Yet we dont give knowledge of HOW long they have to do it.

Deadass i cant even name a single character that would incap for an entire 24 hours just for the sake of doing so. I feel like there would need to be alot of conditions to be unlocked for someone to even do that scenario. Like this just makes the rule asinine like 99% of the time.

This is quite literally some of the dumbest stuff ive heard. So let me get this straight, we have a wincon being incapacitation which has specific rules regarding how long itd have to be for it to be considered a win. Yet we dont give knowledge of HOW long they have to do it.

Deadass i cant even name a single character that would incap for an entire 24 hours just for the sake of doing so. I feel like there would need to be alot of conditions to be unlocked for someone to even do that scenario. Like this just makes the rule asinine like 99% of the time.
Then try and change the system of this site

Reinhard one shots with planetary range AoE matter manipulation.
But that is recreating matter hax, unless you give me scan that he can planetary ranged matter hax people to dead, i will not get convinced

Reinhard's resurrection will create an entirely different body if his original is destroyed. It's described as him "appearing again"
Scan???, and if this is real, then it is dead-ass Psuedo Low-Godly Regen

Anyway, if all of this things is real, it is dead-ass stomp match. He can't do anything to a psuedo Low-Godly regen and Immortality type 8, matter hax + spatial hax just one-shot him. Goku has no reliable chance aside from using BFR or Sealing which masively out of character, and Sealing he has no necessary equipment to perform anyway. The only chance is he Pressure Point Strike the guy, but he has no prior knowledge of how Reinhard capable of and need to closing in to knock out the guy, unlike Hit or Granolah both who can pressure point from long range, his big ass AP get neg by psuedo Low Godly already

Been on this thread a while and haven't seen a single way Goku wins other than an out of character NUKE and out of character BFR, while Reinhard wins with his starting move.
Reinhard FRA.

But that is recreating matter hax, unless you give me scan that he can planetary ranged matter hax people to dead, i will not get convinced
Literally just look on the page. He atomized the world and then recreated it without puck.

Scan???, and if this is real, then it is dead-ass Psuedo Low-Godly Regen

Anyway, if all of this things is real, it is dead-ass stomp match. He can't do anything to a psuedo Low-Godly regen and Immortality type 8, matter hax + spatial hax just one-shot him. Goku has no reliable chance aside from using BFR or Sealing which masively out of character, and Sealing he has no necessary equipment to perform anyway. The only chance is he Pressure Point Strike the guy, but he has no prior knowledge of how Reinhard capable of and need to closing in to knock out the guy, unlike Hit or Granolah both who can pressure point from long range, his big ass AP get neg by psuedo Low Godly already
When Reinhard is killed, the soul of the world gifts him the "Divine Protection of the Phoenix" to save him. This only works once, but the hilarious thing is that if he's somehow killed again the soul of the world just gifts him the "Divine Protection of the Phoenix: Next" to save him again.

Then this is a deadass stomp match. Goku is in-character, has no prior knowledges, his opponent has all defensive and offensive hax. Not only that but also SBA make Goku start in MUI which even somehow Reinhard don't pull out all these insane hax, Goku incap himself when MUI run out

I am pretty sure-from what I've read from other threads-a match can only be declared a stomp if one person can defeat the another with no effort whatsoever (ex:Cell Vs. Mr. Satan) but since Goku has some ways of winning- even if it is out there, Goku can totally IT to another place entirely, seal him (he has IT and knows how the mafuba works), or BFR him to space-this isn't technically a stomp match.

I am pretty sure-from what I've read from other threads-a match can only be declared a stomp if one person can defeat the another with no effort whatsoever (ex:Cell Vs. Mr. Satan) but since Goku has some ways of winning- even if it is out there, Goku can totally IT to another place entirely, seal him (he has IT and knows how the mafuba works), or BFR him to space-this isn't technically a stomp match.
Problem is he can't seal, because with SBA he start in MUI which is the key he has no equipment to seal, he know Mafuba, but he still need Roshi's charm and a container like a jar or something, those are not his standard equipments (and he don't even know how to make the charm anyway). BFR with IT iirc he did it only one with Cell and IT require a huge energy source for him as a beacon so he can teleport, if he accidentally tele into space he kill himself while Reinhard still alve because WoG

Anyway the only actual wincon he has is pressure point the guy, knock him out cold for a good amount of time

Edit: also in MUI he is only has a short time to use it before he incap himself because of MUI strain on his stamina and body

Also Goku using BFR on that guy in the episode where he recruited 17 anyway

I think this is genuinely a stomp, Goku only lasts 1 minute in this form remember, I think if we changed Chou it would be better.

More wincons like Telekinesis and Hakai

Problem is he can't seal, because with SBA he start in MUI which is the key he has no equipment to seal, he know Mafuba, but he still need Roshi's charm and a container like a jar or something, those are not his standard equipments (and he don't even know how to make the charm anyway). BFR with IT iirc he did it only one with Cell and IT require a huge energy source for him as a beacon so he can teleport, if he accidentally tele into space he kill himself while Reinhard still alve because WoG

Anyway the only actual wincon he has is pressure point the guy, knock him out cold for a good amount of time

Edit: also in MUI he is only has a short time to use it before he incap himself because of MUI strain on his stamina and body
Would like to correct you a bit - when I meant BFRing Reinhard to space, I wasn't meaning Goku using IT. Reinhard only has Class 10 LS, so, if Goku using Kiai, he can blast Rein's ass to space and beyond due to LS advantage, I assume.

Back