• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regulus Corneas VS Gojo Satoru • The Finale • (10-3-0)

The profile claims he brings the concept of infinity into reality, nothing about manipulating the concept of space.

Infinity functions by converging space as an infinite series. Objects that approach Gojo slow down, and never reach the target.
Yes? Infinity in regards to a spatially infinite series of events? It's still CM and accepted as such. This isn't a defeater.

The profile claims he brings the concept of infinity into reality, nothing about manipulating the concept of space.

Infinity functions by converging space as an infinite series. Objects that approach Gojo slow down, and never reach the target.
Not really getting into this as I'll be abstaining from JJK matches from now on (this match is old beef however), but Gojo's infinity space is separate space from regular space that has abstract mathematical properties with special inner products (characteristics that define the rules of his space)/manifolds. So no, it is not just regular space and is inherently abstract which shouldn't be a shocker given his power is conceptual in a world whose otology is inherently abstract.

Not really getting into this as I'll be abstaining from JJK matches from now on (this match is old beef however), but Gojo's infinity space is separate space from regular space that has abstract mathematical properties with special inner products (characteristics that define the rules of his space)/manifolds. So no, it is not just regular space and is inherently abstract which shouldn't be a shocker given his power is conceptual in a world whose otology is inherently abstract.
Gojo does not do any creating of space. Limitless does not create space at all.

That's why Sukuna had to circumvent to hit Gojo in "that world" which obviously infers that Infinity is separate from regular reality.
"It extended all the way to space, existence, and the world themselves... So as to cut them. Without regard for your inviolability, as long as it exists inside the space, that world, those existences would split apart."
It seems pretty clear what Sukuna means is that Gojo exists on the same plane as him so cutting the space he existed on bypasses Infinity.

Yes, Sukuna is plainly stating he had to go beyond just space and the world (the universe in context), and go all the way down to the fundamental level of something just existing. He clearly implies that infinity is regularly a problem, however Sukuna solved this problem by targeting something that included both the regular reality shared by everyone, and Gojo's own "world" or "space" hence the usage of "that" which implies differentiation from regular reality as Sukuna would have stated "as long as it was apart of this reality" had this not been the case.

Regulus Corneas Agustus De Cornelius FRA. 🙏

Also because white really tried to pass of “that world” as a separate world when it is referring to the previous pages of Sukuna being a dumbass and hyper describing the space of the world with a shot of earth from space.🙏

These are the same goddamn arguments as always have fun.🙏

Also because white really tried to pass of “that world” as a separate world when it is referring to the previous pages of Sukuna being a dumbass and hyper describing the space of the world with a shot of earth from space.🙏
You're a bit too wrong here to be so confident, but hey, go off and ignore what actually happened.

however Sukuna solved this problem by targeting something that included both the regular reality shared by everyone, and Gojo's own "world" or "space"
No, when he mentions extending it to the world, there is no notion that he is targeting a separate world that Gojo is in

i voted for regulus corny ass as a joke earlier but he kinda just.... waves his hands at gojo and finely dices him.
the cooler white-hair troll matchup FRA.

No, when he mentions extending it to the world, there is no notion that he is targeting a separate world that Gojo is in
This isn't really a counter argument, you're just asserting this despite the language of the text demonstrably going against what you're saying. The quote in full is:

"What I wanted from Mahoraga was a "model". A model of how to tear through your infinity. After first adapting, Mahoraga was altering the essence of its own cursed energy...In order to neutralize and nullify your Infinity. That was something I was unable to do so I waited. I waited for it to discover another adaptation to counter your Infinity, one I could use. The second adaption was exactly what I had been anticipating, but it wasn't sending slashes flying like I do. It was expanding the technique's target. It's intended target wasn't just you Gojo Satoru, but Space, the Entire world, existence itself. It targeted everything before it unleashed those slashes. Your infinity meant nothing . As long as it existed within that space - that world- it would all be torn apart. It was a near impossible technique to pull off, but that model proved the be quite effective."
From this quote we are told the following:
  • Mahoraga bypassed limitless via cutting existence beyond just space and the world (once again world is not planet in this context) not by sending slashes flying like Sukuna.
  • Usually infinity is obviously a problem, Sukuna erases this problem by targeting something so expansive, it also encapsulates Gojo's space which is typically inviolable , hence his statement about "that world", with the obvious inference being that Gojo is typically protected by existing in "that world" but by superceding his infinity space with a larger target, he would still be able to hit Gojo as displayed.
  • This feat was near impossible and highlighted the lengths sukuna needed to go to figure out how to bypass infinity.

You can easily visualize this with a Venn diagram. The non intersecting circles would be people in regular reality and Gojo. Sukuna found a target that would be in the middle where the circles converge allowing him to hit Gojo in "that world".

Furthermore, the slash is not flying through actual space in that scan with Sukuna, he is literally cutting the inherent void of existence to demonstrate the scope of "existence" that his slashes were targeting. This is already accepted. If you disagree, you can feel free to make a CRT.

Usually infinity is obviously a problem, Sukuna erases this problem by targeting something so expansive, it also encapsulates Gojo's space which is typically inviolable , hence his statement about "that world", with the obvious inference being that Gojo is typically protected by existing in "that world" but by superceding his infinity space with a larger target, he would still be able to hit Gojo as displayed.
It's intended target wasn't just you Gojo Satoru, but Space, the Entire world, existence itself. It targeted everything before it unleashed those slashes. Your infinity meant nothing . As long as it existed within that space - that world- it would all be torn apart
"My slash targeted space, the world and existence. So long as you exist in that space, you get cut"
It's pretty spelt out that Sukuna bypassed Infinity because it exists on the same plane as him. I don't know how you're extrapolating this to mean Gojo exists in his own world separate from everything else. Cutting space would already be cutting existence because everything that exists is within a 3D space.

"My slash targeted space, the world and existence. So long as you exist in that space, you get cut"
It's pretty spelt out that Sukuna bypassed Infinity because it exists on the same plane as him. I don't know how you're extrapolating this to mean Gojo exists in his own world separate from everything else. Cutting space would already be cutting existence because everything that exists is within a 3D space.
You are blatantly ignoring the usage of the term "that world" here, that's not extraplating. Nor does anything here go against my response.

Regular people can not access Gojo through infinity.

Sukuna needed to targeted the totality of existence to hit Gojo. So the void underlying even type 2 info. All of existence. Which is clearly not accessible for targeting by most people outside of barriers (which do allow Infinity to be nullified) It's blatantly being portrayed as something nigh impossible, only achievable thanks to Maho, and uses explicit language to show how it was done.

You keep using the word "extrapolate" but have yet to actually satisfy the conclusion for your argument. It's literally stated to be in a separate world. You are ignoring the language here.

Mahoraga bypassed limitless via cutting existence beyond just space and the world (once again world is not planet in this context) not by sending slashes flying like Sukuna.
Where's the "beyond" part... he just cut the world, at no point in the scan that I've seen so far has he stated to cut beyond the world. If you're making arguments based on a specific quote don't insert stuff that isn't there

The statement starts with explaining how Mahoraga got through infinity which is cutting through "The entire World" not beyond it(this is never stated once), not a different world simply the entire world which outright means Gojo's infinity exists is in the world/space
aO6XFHm.jpg

Sukuna then follows up further confirming this when he says the following:
gcq4e8R.png

So lets analyze this clearly step by step
  • Mahoraga is said to have adapted a means to bypass infinity by cutting through "The Entire World itself" - Not beyond it, not a different separate world or any variation of such
  • Sukuna then says as long as you're infinity existed within "That world" it would be bypassed
The statement clearly means Infinity existed within the world and the further statements is pretty much just a clarification that as long as it existed within the world it would be cut since mahoraga was cutting the world

At no point in any of these statement is the existence of a separate world implied nor do any of these statement says or imply cutting "Beyond" the world, just cutting the world itself

Edit: Provide a single statement where they are said to cut beyond the world cause if that doesn't even exist then everything you said might as well be nothing but fanfic

You are blatantly ignoring the usage of the term "that world" here, that's not extraplating. Nor does anything here go against my response.
"that world" refers to the plane that both Sukuna and Gojo exist, Sukuna was literally talking about targeting the world and that so long as Gojo exists within it he will cut cut alongside it.
So the void underlying even type 2 info
None of that is actually accepted as being the verse's ontology.

It's a stomp in Regulus' favour.

That doesn't make the space he is converging conceptual and therefore uninteractable.
I didn't say it was conceptual though. I simply said that it uses conceptual Manipulation and that over coming it would require feats of such. That's not the same thing as claiming infinity is a purely conceptual space.

Regulus winning at all makes this un addable.

"that world" refers to the plane that both Sukuna and Gojo exist, Sukuna was literally talking about targeting the world and that so long as Gojo exists within it he will cut cut alongside it.
Yes, and once again, this doesn't disprove Gojo being in a separate dimension that is also encapsulated by what sukuna targeted. That's literally what he is directly telling you. Sukuna would have said "this world" if Gojo wasn't inherently in a separate and closed off space making him "inviolable"
None of that is actually accepted as being the verse's ontology.
Yes it is? [2] Along with Sukuna and Mahoraga cutting through Infinity with concept manip type 2, so trying to pass of space cuttes alone as being able to do a comparable feat is just incorrect.

Sukuna's World Slash is literally getting CM Type 2 for interacting with Infinity, so again unless this guy has the ability to effect Type 2 Concepts then he isn't bypassing Infinity.

Yes it is? [2] Along with Sukuna and Mahoraga cutting through Infinity with concept manip type 2, so trying to pass of space cuttes alone as being able to do a comparable feat is just incorrect.
What you're proposing with that had 3 staff members against it and none of Maitreya's counter arguments, which had heavy support, were addressed
Yes, and once again, this doesn't disprove Gojo being in a separate dimension that is also encapsulated by what sukuna targeted
Sukuna's statement doesn't prove Gojo is in a separate dimension at all, not the other way around

What you're proposing with that had 3 staff members against it and none of Maitreya's counter arguments, which had heavy support, were addressed

Sukuna's statement doesn't prove Gojo is in a separate dimension at all, not the other way around
My viewpoint had 2 admins in favor of the proposal and 2 weeks grace passed with multiple tags to the dissenting staff, at which point Elizha also gave the blessing to close the thread and for further contentions from staff to be handled in a further CRT (which is what Grath proposed as well prior to 2 week grace). All of which you can read in that thread.

Not to mention the ontology being accepted in the prior thread.

I'm talking about the Void nature of JJK's verse being proposed with a hierarchy above Type 2 Information (which has no evidence for comprising the verse)
Blud, info type 2 has been accepted forever. The exact hierarchy I described is blatantly passed in the Ontology Thread. The extension of that thread into abilities was also passed with controversial parts being taken out from the original piece and passed.

Blud, info type 2 has been accepted forever. The exact hierarchy I described is blatantly passed in the Ontology Thread. The extension of that thread into abilities was also passed with controversial parts being taken out from the original piece and passed.
Type 2 Information was never accepted as comprising the verse. Void Manipulation was a heavily contested part of that CRT and, again, none of Maitreya's arguments against it were properly addressed and countered to invalidate the votes of 3 staff members

If we currently accept you need CM2 on your space hax to beat Infinity than Regulus can't bypass it. I don't see why Infinity wouldn't be able to slow down Regulus's attacks as we don't currently accept there's a speed cap on it.

This is just a fight with 2 invincible shields except one has an exploitable weakness. Gojo for mine and Whitee's reasoning.

Type 2 Information was never accepted as comprising the verse. Void Manipulation was a heavily contested part of that CRT and, again, none of Maitreya's arguments against it were properly addressed and countered to invalidate the votes of 3 staff members
Yes it was and that's why it is on the profiles lmao. If a verse comprised of matter and spirit is falsely belied by info type 2, than guess what? Info type 2 comprises those things. Like, what are you arguing here?

The ontology thread is passed my guy.

Admin votes count for more. Staff was given two weeks to respond to the evidence. The only contention was the void stuff which 2 admins found to be ok'd. As such, the thread was passed in that form with staff being able to bring up further contentions in a future CRT. I don't know what to tell you.

If we currently accept you need CM2 on your space hax to beat Infinity than Regulus can't bypass it. I don't see why Infinity wouldn't be able to slow down Regulus's attacks as we don't currently accept there's a speed cap on it.
Regulus' attacks cannot be slowed down because by freezing them in time via Lion's Heart, they become unbound by any laws or concepts that may hold them back.

Yes it was and that's why it is on the profiles lmao. If a verse comprised of matter and spirit is falsely belied by info type 2, than guess what? Info type 2 comprises those things. Like, what are you arguing here?
Type 2 Info was accepted to comprise the body and soul, not the verse's ontology as a whole that is somehow inferior to the empty nature of the verse

The only contention was the void stuff which 2 admins found to be ok'd
And an admin and 2 other mods agreed with the arguments against it, Maitreya's counter arguments towards the arguments in support that those 2 admins agreed with were still never addressed

Idk why this always happens in Gojo's matchs

Like, I disagree with a ton of shit (Like Voidhax and Infinity being a separated dimension, and other things)
But arguing here isnt useful. This is versus thread, not a CRT

Type 2 Info was accepted to comprise the body and soul, not the verse's ontology as a whole that is somehow inferior to the empty nature of the verse
If info type is comrpising matter and soul, wich are typically the root of fundamental existence, then info type becomes the new more fundamental structure for existence. Like in our world matter, space, and time and physical parameters encompass what exists. If souls came around and were proven, we'd have to expand our model of ontology. This is the same thing that applies to every verse.
And an admin and 2 other mods agreed with the arguments against it, Maitreya's counter arguments towards the arguments in support that those 2 admins agreed with were still never addressed
Yes and two admins + and additional admin clarifying that the present thread could be passed is enough to pass, as is what happened. I'm not really gonna continue to engage with this as its derailing the thread at this point and completely separate to Reggie not having CM 2 to bypass infinity.

Back