• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The wincon you provided for Regulus seems more likely, though, considering it is always one of his very first moves.

The wincon you provided for Regulus seems more likely, though, considering it is always one of his very first moves.
I agree Regulus is more likely to use his potential win-con first, however, there were several caveats attached to his.
1. I only assumed the spatial cutting applied to the projectiles he launched. I am not sure if it does. On his profile, it seems to only occur with a specific move. I'd need confirmation from a fan of the series.
2. Gojo's more precise control of space would likely allow him to manipulate the direction of the projectiles to not go towards him as he's done before. Allowing him to redirect the attack off to the side
3. Gojo isn't likely to die from being impaled by a few projectiles as Gojo survived being stabed through his whole neck, head, and leg several times, and was barely able to survive, but learned Reverse Cursed Technique which allowed him to easily heal all of the aforementioned lethal injuries. Gojo is using Reverse Cursed Technique like all of the time too. Now if Regulus launched a giant rock that would obliterate most of Gojo's body in one go, then yea, he likely can't regenerate from that, but I think Gojo is likely to either redirect the attack or outright dodge it via teleportation

Regulus starts with space cut, he basically waves his hand, and to his target looks like nothing happened, it's an invisible attack that cuts through space.

As for the projectiles, it's far more than a few, easily thousands, and each and every one will go through anything in there path, and apparently will keep flying endlessly, though i don't recall them being said to cut through space, just that they get through anything in their path regardless of durability.

Idk if attacks that ignore space would be affected by space distortions.
In the profile, it's listed as space manipulation which allows him to cut through space. I still don't know if it's applicable to the projectiles they shoot, since in the profile, the scan that's used shows only a specific attack that can cut through space. If that's true, and it can be applied to their projectiles, that gets rid of their easiest to pull off win-con. Though assuming it did apply to projectiles, I still don't see why changing the direction in which it travels in wouldn't work since the objects still move through space. Gojo can also just like, spam teleport to evade the attacks like he did against Sukuna.

Ah, if he does that, yea, can't do much against that. I was under the impression he just launched a few rocks towards the enemies and put holes in them.

So Regulus wins more often than not?
Well if his projectiles can't go through space, I don't think him winning would be as likely as if it could (Sense they can just dust the opponent).

Dunno the range of the spatial manip attack though if Gojo does survive one attack from it, he's likely to immediately go for Hollow Purple or Domain Expansion. If the spatial cuttings range is a standard move and erases enough space to just like poof Gojo away, then yea, he'd easily fold Gojo. He'd just need to wave his hand and Gojo would be gone. Not sure if it works to that extent from the profile tho. Seemed like he used it to close the distance between him and some other character.

Well if his projectiles can't go through space, I don't think him winning would be as likely as if it could (Sense they can just dust the opponent).

Dunno the range of the spatial manip attack though if Gojo does survive one attack from it, he's likely to immediately go for Hollow Purple or Domain Expansion. If the spatial cuttings range is a standard move and erases enough space to just like poof Gojo away, then yea, he'd easily fold Gojo. He'd just need to wave his hand and Gojo would be gone. Not sure if it works to that extent from the profile tho. Seemed like he used it to close the distance between him and some other character.
His spatial cuts can travel a couple meters at the very least.

The scan on the profile is basically Regulus trying to hold back, it didn't close the space between him and Subaru, he just cut the space in front of Subaru, if he wanted to he could have cut Subaru's head off, but Subaru at that point had figured out his personality and was playing on Regulus ego, Regulus had to prove his superiority over Subaru, thus instakilling him wasn't an option.

As for its range, you can see that here, pretty much what Phoenks said

He completely obliterated that carriage and everyone in it, i don't think Gojo is regenerating from that.

Though if i am being honest, Regulus personality is a major weakness, he could be so much more broken if not for his ego. Say Gojo somehow gets pass that initial attack, Regulus would then try to prove his superiority over Gojo, not killing him immediately, but torturing him first.

However Gojo regenerating would definitely set him off, he would stop playing around and go for the kill at that point, because Gojo would be living beyond his means, is creepy etc.

That's assuming Gojo survives that initial attack though.

Last edited:
Huh, if it's an opening move (and like immediately kills Gojo), I'd vote in favor of Regulus.
The scan on the profile is basically Regulus trying to hold back, it didn't close the space between him and Subaru, he just cut the space in front of Subaru, if he wanted to he could have cut Subaru's head off, but Subaru at that point had figured out his personality and was playing on Regulus ego, Regulus had to prove his superiority over Subaru, thus instakilling him wasn't an option.

As for its range, you can see that here, pretty much what Phoenks said

You sure that clip is the spatial cutting and not the frozen air around him that rips anything near them to shreds?

And it's not like he can't just spam it if he sees the enemy regenerating.
I agree with that, but if Gojo did regenerate from the move, he would immediately start taking Regulus serious and start spamming teleportation like against Sukuna and likely immediately go for his two win-cons (Hollow Purple and Domain Expansion).

But if Gojo's killed in the first blow, then it ends there. Wanna know the consensus on if people think Gojo would be killed by a single blow or not though.

I don't think it's the frozen air

“Goodness, could you not? I think running over someone who’s done nothing is slightly beyond what decent people would do.”

It was a gentle voice speaking with all the urgency of someone taking an early-afternoon stroll in a public park. In fact, if she’d heard such words in a public park, Rem would have been far less shocked. Yet that voice had unleashed the destruction that had shattered a dragon carriage in a tragic spectacle of blood spatter.

At a glance, he was an utterly unremarkable individual.

He was of medium height, with a medium build, and he had naturally white hair that was neither short nor long. The white suit that he wore to match the hair on his head was neither extravagant nor shabby, nor did his face have any defining characteristics; he looked like a completely average man.

Yet as a matter of fact, the land dragon coming into contact with him forcefully cried out as half of it was torn asunder; the knight on the driver’s seat and the smashed dragon carriage were destroyed together to the point that it was impossible to tell them apart.

And what shocked Rem the most was not the man’s demeanor as he treated the awful spectacle like it was nothing, but the fact that the man who had assuredly destroyed the dragon carriage had simply stood there. The man had done nothing. Merely by standing, he had taken a head-on collision from a dragon carriage, and won-Volume 9, Let Us Feast

Looking at the LN, it seems just by coming into contact with Regulus, the carriage got destroyed, which we have seen a lot of that basically whatever touches him gets destroyed, almost like they are erased.

“…Dear me. Dim-witted women really are such a handful. They take so much effort to discipline. Well, all women are slow on the uptake and struggle to learn. That’s
Subaru was referencing a story from his early childhood, when he had been an adorable, long-haired kid. As that went over Emilia’s head, she smiled as she let go of his hand and turned around. Maintaining her speed, she started skating in the other direction and pointed her palms toward Regulus.

“Please! Let this hit!”

Blades and spears of ice, along with whole chunks of the stuff, pummeled Regulus from every direction. Unfortunately, they all shattered the moment they came into contact with his body, dealing no damage.

Meanwhile, the Archbishop didn’t slow down at all, meaning they couldn’t afford to slow down, either.
-Volume 19, Chapter 1

So basically seems his has more range than initially thought, just touching Regulus you get shattered, it's not really space manipulation, maybe deconstruction?

Anyway i am still kinda skeptical Domain Expansion can null Regulus ability, the time hax mentioned seems no where near as potent as Regulus, but Hollow Purple should be a win con for Gojo.

But if Gojo's killed in the first blow, then it ends there. Wanna know the consensus on if people think Gojo would be killed by a single blow or not though.
Hard to say mostly because Regulus' personality may hold him back from going for a killing blow at the start. Which we've seen multiple times in the series before.

However, there is a chance he just bisects Gojo as well.

Yea he could just cut off Gojo hand as they has done multiple times, or he could just cut him in half, we don't know.
Then it's kinda tough to decide on. If he bisects Gojo, it's a win for him. If he chooses to just cut his hand off, then Gojo proceeds to spam teleportation and immediately use his win-cons.
Anyway i am still kinda skeptical Domain Expansion can null Regulus ability, the time hax mentioned seems no where near as potent as Regulus, but Hollow Purple should be a win con for Gojo.
I mean, it's not as overpowered, but I don't think Regulus' time hax is layered, is it (DE has layered power null due to how DE interact with each other)?

Gojo is kind of in the middle of a pretty huge upgrade. But just some points
  • Limitless should be getting Concept manip type 2.
  • Limitless was able to keep evil spirits from getting to Gojo in a dimension that lacks time.
  • Domain Amplification (a concentrated application of DE's ability to nullify techniques) was able to stop Limitless, as was Jogo's domain when he clashed with Gojo, meaning Gojo's domain should be capable of nullifying this time ability.
  • Hollow Purple should be getting Void Manipulation so I'm not quite sure having one's time stopped in this manner would make it null.

So I am leaning Gojo.

Gojo is kind of in the middle of a pretty huge upgrade. But just some points
  • Limitless should be getting Concept manip type 2.
  • Limitless was able to keep evil spirits from getting to Gojo in a dimension that lacks time.
  • Domain Amplification (a concentrated application of DE's ability to nullify techniques) was able to stop Limitless, as was Jogo's domain when he clashed with Gojo, meaning Gojo's domain should be capable of nullifying this time ability.
  • Hollow Purple should be getting Void Manipulation so I'm not quite sure having one's time stopped in this manner would make it null.

So I am leaning Gojo.
Just going to ask, have you read over everything regarding Regulus' abilities?

His starting move is a wincon. So Gojo's win entirely depends on if it kills/significantly injures him or not.

Bump. I think this is a really interesting matchup so I'd like to get it concluded.

Yes, I am contending that a spatial slash is not going to bypass limitless.
Based on what exactly? Has limitless ever prevented an attack that cleaves through space from touching Gojo?

Based on what exactly? Has limitless ever prevented an attack that cleaves through space from touching Gojo?
The latest Jump explanations for limitless discuss that Gojo creates an abstract "infinite space" where he can control the phase strength of spatial convergence/divergence phases and thus essentially control the concepts of "near and "far" by manifesting "infinity" into reality.

Thus, there is no evidence the attack would ever reach Gojo as the "offensive" space would just get treated like regular space once it reaches his influence. Basically, unless it's bypassing concept/Law manip it's simply not going to connect.

The latest Jump explanations for limitless discuss that Gojo creates an abstract "infinite space" where he can control the phase strength of spatial convergence/divergence phases and thus essentially control the concepts of "near and "far" by manifesting "infinity" into reality.

Thus, there is no evidence the attack would ever reach Gojo as the "offensive" space would just get treated like regular space once it reaches his influence. Basically, unless it's bypassing concept/Law manip it's simply not going to connect.
I mean, Regulus' attacks moreso ignore laws, which is why he's able to strike through space/time and stuff. He's ignoring them completely.

I mean, Regulus' attacks moreso ignore laws, which is why he's able to strike through space/time and stuff. He's ignoring them completely.
I mean, we could say that about a lot of fictional magic. Bypassing existing static laws of reality doesn't really equate to bypassing laws/concepts stemming from another person's power. He would need spatial manip that can bypass concept/law manip.

And, given that limitless can still keep Gojo safe and alive while in a timeless dimension, I'm not too sure his power is really relevant to bypassing limitless unless there is something major I'm missing about his ability.

I mean, we could say that about a lot of fictional magic. Bypassing existing static laws of reality doesn't really equate to bypassing laws/concepts stemming from another person's power. He would need spatial manip that can bypass concept/law manip.

And, given that limitless can still keep Gojo safe and alive while in a timeless dimension, I'm not too sure his power is really relevant to bypassing limitless unless there is something major I'm missing about his ability.
Regulus has shown that he ignores the laws of physics multiple times with his ability.

He can deny gravity, stop the time of objects, walk on water, ignore distance, etc

Furthermore, the laws that Gojo tries to apply to him with his ability can't affect Regulus because his time is stopped. Regulus' attacks will be unaffected by and ignore Gojo's insertion of infinite space.

Regulus has shown that he ignores the laws of physics multiple times with his ability.

He can deny gravity, stop the time of objects, walk on water, ignore distance, etc
Ok. I've already explained why this isn't really relevant. Many characters with supernatural powers inherently "break the laws of physics". That's like the whole benefit of magic.

Denying naturally existing gravity, time, distance, etc doesn't mean too much when the thing he is facing is coming from another caster of magic with hax attached to their own.
Furthermore, the laws that Gojo tries to apply to him with his ability can't affect Regulus because his time is stopped.
Citation needed. I already showed you his abilities working in a timeless dimension and affecting entities that can likewise attack in a timeless dimension. A lack of time is not something that is really a barrier for infinity/limitless.
Regulus' attacks will be unaffected by and ignore Gojo's insertion of infinite space.
Citation needed.

I don't particularly care about this matchup (which has been set up multiple times by the way), especially when the CRT for adding further hax and Conceptual Manipulation for Gojo hasn't been concluded yet, but ignoring laws does not necessarily grant resistance against Conceptual Manipulation.

Law Manipulation ≠ Conceptual Manipulation. Thus, a character ignoring laws does not necessarily mean that they are unaffected by abilities that can affect abstract concepts; similar logic applies for resisting Law Manipulation ≠ resisting Conceptual Manipulation, as they are two completely different abilities and thus can't be treated as the same - a character resist/ignore Law Manipulation does not indicate that they can resist/ignore Conceptual Manipulation and vice versa, feats would be needed to showcase if a character's ability to ignore laws allows them to be unaffected by Conceptual Manipulation.

If Regulus has feats of being able to ignore or be unaffected by Conceptual Manipulation? Then that's great.

But if he doesn't have such feats? Then it can't be assumed that ignoring laws could translate to ignoring Conceptual Manipulation.

In Gojo's case, his Infinity being bypassed by Domain Expansion is less due to "bypassing laws", and more so due to Domain Expansion's special ability of Power Nullification (negating cursed techniques) and utilising Law Manipulation to ensure a guaranteed attack that Gojo seems to not be able to resist (Note: ignoring laws ≠ Law Manipulation, as one involves being unaffected by laws while the other straight up alters the laws to affect the target or environment, so unless Regulus's ability to ignore laws allows him to alter laws and such to achieve Law Manipulation, it can't exactly be assumed that Gojo's Infinity can be bypassed simply because some laws of physics or such are ignored).

Anyways, don't expect me to reply after this, I'm just here to address that dealing with one type of hax ability does not necessarily translate to dealing with an another different type of hax ability due to how this site's standards operate and I'm currently too busy to do any more than that.

Last edited:
Adding onto this topic - but I am 70% sure that Regulus has a WoG statement that states that if he fought Reid, the only person in Re:Zero who has the hax of concept manip and has had the narrative explicitly he has the ability to cut concepts, Regulus would get insta-beheaded or something along those lines - implying that Regulus' shit can't defend against concept manip in the slightest.

Ok. I've already explained why this isn't really relevant. Many characters with supernatural powers inherently "break the laws of physics". That's like the whole benefit of magic.

Denying naturally existing gravity, time, distance, etc doesn't mean too much when the thing he is facing is coming from another caster of magic with hax attached to their own.

Citation needed. I already showed you his abilities working in a timeless dimension and affecting entities that can likewise attack in a timeless dimension. A lack of time is not something that is really a barrier for infinity/limitless.

Citation needed.
Pegasus already stated them above but to give you a general idea

Subaru said that if it was simply space manipulation then Reinhard would have been able to cut through Regulus. His attacks ignore space and can go through anything endlessly, Spatial Manipulation wont work on somebody who ignorès space entirely.

I’m pretty sure evidence can still be used if verifiable and Gojo doesn’t even need that for a win. This should be closed cause it’s a stomp.

I’m pretty sure evidence can still be used if verifiable and Gojo doesn’t even need that for a win. This should be closed cause it’s a stomp.
Could you explain why it's a stomp? Because if it's based on anything you've said here it's irrelevant for the simple fact that everything you've said comes from a CRT that hasn't been accepted yet 🤡.

Could you explain why it's a stomp? Because if it's based on anything you've said here it's irrelevant for the simple fact that everything you've said comes from a CRT that hasn't been accepted yet 🤡.
Tbf, I don't think that because something wasn't accepted in a CRT yet means it's completely inapplicable. Might be case by case, but like, let's say for example that Freeza's profile didn't note that he can "breathe" in space, and then someone said as a win-con, someone could bfr or knock Freeza outside of Earth's orbit. I feel most people would be fine accepting Freeza in said scenario being able to breathe in space if there's easily acceptable scans or smth that prove they can.

Worst case scenario, the match would get put on hold until after the CRT, though that could take a while.

Tbf, I don't think that because something wasn't accepted in a CRT yet means it's completely inapplicable. Might be case by case, but like, let's say for example that Freeza's profile didn't note that he can "breathe" in space, and then someone said as a win-con, someone could bfr or knock Freeza outside of Earth's orbit. I feel most people would be fine accepting Freeza in said scenario being able to breathe in space if there's easily acceptable scans or smth that prove they can.

Worst case scenario, the match would get put on hold until after the CRT, though that could take a while.
Dude is literally comparing breathing in space with conceptually controlling a theoretical infinite distance, your comparison just isn't relevant in this case.

Dude is literally comparing breathing in space with conceptually controlling a theoretical infinite distance, your comparison just isn't relevant in this case.
And it’s literally evidence given in a jump special explaining the ability. The latest chapter also confirms concept manip further.

this is a stomp as stands and Gojo has chances even without it.

go ahead and put a bow on the thread my boi.

And it’s literally evidence given in a jump special explaining the ability. The latest chapter also confirms concept manip further.

this is a stomp as stands and Gojo has chances even without it.

go ahead and put a bow on the thread my boi.
CRT still hasn't been accepted ☠️ so that means that being a stomp was really solely based on an unaccepted CRT 🕵️ so stick with "Gojo has chance even without it".

CRT still hasn't been accepted ☠️ so that means that being a stomp was really solely based on an unaccepted CRT 🕵️ so stick with "Gojo has chance even without it".
Actually, if you want to be technical, given that Gojo and his verse are under current heavy revision, this thread shouldn’t even be open in the first place.
We can re-open it after though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back