• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

VS

Shen: 256.1T
Todo: 115.8T

SBA
Goodwill Todo
Todo has PC
Equal Speed

Shen: Arkenis, Badsystems
Todo:

Last edited:
At first glance, Shen has a pretty big AP advantage, but I think his negator thing wouldn't be too effective against Todo, who is a very very fast thinker.

At first glance, Shen has a pretty big AP advantage, but I think his negator thing wouldn't be too effective against Todo, who is a very very fast thinker.
Well the real issue is that it'll always work, it'll just be harder for Shen. But considering how experienced both are, Shen's more experienced and was able to somewhat use it on his master at times so the skill needed to make it completely useless Todo doesn't have. Though given Todo's quick assessment of Hanami, I'd say he'll eventually come to understand it's flipping his actions and thus try faint attacks.

Todo's Boogie Woogie won't be very useful here either since it'll work on that and Todo doesn't really have anything to swap besides the PC and whatever he imbues with ce.

Shen has a massive range advantage if needed with the staff as well and higher ap but Todo should be able to dodge it unless Shen goes with enlarging it.

Well the real issue is that it'll always work, it'll just be harder for Shen. But considering how experienced both are, Shen's more experienced and was able to somewhat use it on his master at times so the skill needed to make it completely useless Todo doesn't have. Though given Todo's quick assessment of Hanami, I'd say he'll eventually come to understand it's flipping his actions and thus try faint attacks.

Todo's Boogie Woogie won't be very useful here either since it'll work on that and Todo doesn't really have anything to swap besides the PC and whatever he imbues with ce.

Shen has a massive range advantage if needed with the staff as well and higher ap but Todo should be able to dodge it unless Shen goes with enlarging it.
I guess even if Todo avoids some hits he can't keep avoiding all of Shens attack. Btw who has better stamina feats here. It's either Todo needs to Outlast Shen until he runs out of energy or Shen staffs crushes Todo eventually.

Also Todo most likely gets into Shens ability Initially? Until he analysis how it works if i correct? Shouldn't that give Shen little advantage.

Todo's Boogie Woogie can be pretty useful depending on what he imbues with cursed energy. For example, imbuing Shen's staff with Cursed Energy and swapping him into clobbering range with it. How good of a fighter is Shen?

Edit: Also, Todo can center his cursed energy on one spot if needed to avoid more heavy blows. He can also swap places by high fiving you, so he can mitigate palm strikes with an open palm.

I guess even if Todo avoids some hits he can't keep avoiding all of Shens attack. Btw who has better stamina feats here. It's either Todo needs to Outlast Shen until he runs out of energy or Shen staffs crushes Todo eventually.

Also Todo most likely gets into Shens ability Initially? Until he analysis how it works if i correct? Shouldn't that give Shen little advantage.
While having two broken arms, pierced knees and shoulders, he still is able to perform his best technique against Victor. He can fight against Feng, someone far more faster and stronger for a good period of time as well. Yeah Todo should come to understand it pretty quick, but Shen will also be able to understand Todo's style so eh its whoever you think is able to trick each other and Todo's feats tricking Hanami and Mahito are pretty good.

Todo's Boogie Woogie can be pretty useful depending on what he imbues with cursed energy. For example, imbuing Shen's staff with Cursed Energy and swapping him into clobbering range with it. How good of a fighter is Shen?
Yeah I could see that, it'll get rid of Shen's range at least. But Shen's ability could still just neg this, plus Todo's using pc here, I think he'd just focus on overwhelming with pc than disarming. And Shen's a better fighter by a good margin. He can handle fighting some of the best martial artists in his world who have far better experience and skill like Feng or Andy than Todo.

Yeah I could see that, it'll get rid of Shen's range at least. But Shen's ability could still just neg this, plus Todo's using pc here, I think he'd just focus on overwhelming with pc than disarming. And Shen's a better fighter by a good margin. He can handle fighting some of the best martial artists in his world who have far better experience and skill like Feng or Andy than Todo.
It seems that it's easier for Shen to win here than Todo, since Todo will have to deal with the whole disorder with his mind and body while fighting someone who's stronger. Untruth also should apply to Todo's CT, since clapping doesn't necessarily activate it unless he intends to use it.

Edit: By the way, how does the wiki consider something like Black Flash? Can we say for sure he'll land it?

It seems that it's easier for Shen to win here than Todo, since Todo will have to deal with the whole disorder with his mind and body while fighting someone who's stronger. Untruth also should apply to Todo's CT, since clapping doesn't necessarily activate it unless he intends to use it.
Oh yeah. Though another very easy counter one that has been done twice: Feng uses the dust to obscure Shen's vision which stops Shen from using Untruth, Spoil also did this. Another is simply using the environment or debris to create blockage in Shen's sight.

Oh yeah. Though another very easy counter one that has been done twice: Feng uses the dust to obscure Shen's vision which stops Shen from using Untruth, Spoil also did this. Another is simply using the environment or debris to create blockage in Shen's sight.
That requires him to figure out the line of sight condition. It could happen, I guess? From what I've seen in the anime he doesn't really explain his power.

That requires him to figure out the line of sight condition. It could happen, I guess? From what I've seen in the anime he doesn't really explain his power.
He won't need to explain it, though I wouldn't be surprised if he did explain it to Todo just to get a better fight out of him. Also Todo did figure out the buds would absorb ce just after remembering Megumi didn't he? I'm sure he can conclude that Shen's ability is off his eye sight maybe.

He won't need to explain it, though I wouldn't be surprised if he did explain it to Todo just to get a better fight out of him. Also Todo did figure out the buds would absorb ce just after remembering Megumi didn't he? I'm sure he can conclude that Shen's ability is off his eye sight maybe.
Maybe if Shen like, looked away for a moment or blinked and Todo was able to attack normally he could deduce it? If he swapped behind him and tried to a throw a right punch and actually sent a right punch.

This match doesn't seem like a stomp either way, it's just decisive for Shen. I think Toji might be better here for a closer match?

just to argue for Todo's side a little

Todo's Boogie Woogie would come in handy with him imbuing objects with ce like Shen's staff to limit his range and the higher ap it has. Untruth can counter this but Shen isn't a perfect fighter, he can easily slip up while trying to defend against PC and get his staff touched. Todo can also imbue Shen with ce but given how Shen fights and how he messes with others in battle, he will likely adapt to Boogie Woogie's disorientation quickly and also recognize its activation is the clap.

Idk if you can imbue someone else with CE actually. That's never been done in JJK. Otherwise, someone like Yuta could do a Naruto and give a bunch of people a shit-ton of CE to basically act as a shield for them.

Idk if you can imbue someone else with CE actually. That's never been done in JJK. Otherwise, someone like Yuta could do a Naruto and give a bunch of people a shit-ton of CE to basically act as a shield for them.
Right, but I do remember Yuta giving positive energy to Yuji no? Or maybe it was just healing the wound. Sukuna did this as well with Megumi, guess pe and ce may function differently

Right, but I do remember Yuta giving positive energy to Yuji no? Or maybe it was just healing the wound. Sukuna did this as well with Megumi, guess pe and ce may function differently
That's more like flowing it to them like you would regular CE, just way harder, and it is basically healing. I don't think it can be imbued into them, and I'm pretty sure the flow would be cut off when they stopped making contact or got out of range, which is why I said Todo could swap with him by high fiving a palm strike, but couldn't do it just casually.

Does bro bro have curse resistance? Being lathered in concentrated curse energy is enough to kill those without resistance as shown in Shibuya when discussing why Gojo couldn’t even use blue for teleprtation around the civilians.

Does bro bro have curse resistance? Being lathered in concentrated curse energy is enough to kill those without resistance as shown in Shibuya when discussing why Gojo couldn’t even use blue for teleprtation around the civilians.
I assumed the reason he couldn't use Blue was because if he did he'd ******* rip everything apart in the direction he's traveling in.

Isn’t something Todo does. No one really fights like that, maybe Todo’s attack leave ce but with the staff and untruth it’s unlikely for Todo to really land much hits

Isn’t something Todo does. No one really fights like that, maybe Todo’s attack leave ce but with the staff and untruth it’s unlikely for Todo to really land much hits
Idk what you were trying to say here. Todo doesn’t fight using boogie woogie? If he has no curse resistance and Todo coats him in CE for the switch homie is gonna die.

Idk what you were trying to say here. Todo doesn’t fight using boogie woogie? If he has no curse resistance and Todo coats him in CE for the switch homie is gonna die.
Im referring to you bringing up lathering people with ce. That just isn't how Todo fights is all. And I think by time he'd conceive of this tactic it'd be too late.

Oh I see, but if that's the case, how'd they survive 0.2s in Domain Expansion? That dumps a load of CE.
Idk bro bro, my best guess is that they aren't being coated as Gojo didn't seal the barrier and thus the info just fried their brains. Where as Gojo with blue has to coat the person he wants to teleport in his CE before he can complete the technique, but I'm not Gege.

Im referring to you bringing up lathering people with ce. That just isn't how Todo fights is all. And I think by time he'd conceive of this tactic it'd be too late.
The "lathering" will happen as soon as Todo uses teleportation on him via boogie woogie. So you're essentially saying Todo will for some reason not use his CT for a large portion of the fight before being beat. I don't agree.

The "lathering" will happen as soon as Todo uses teleportation on him via boogie woogie. So you're essentially saying Todo will for some reason not use his CT for a large portion of the fight before being beat. I don't agree.
How will it be lathered? He first needs to imbue Shen with ce then teleport him, and cursed techniques only leave small traces of ce, that isn't gonna do anything here.
I mean after all we see these characters countless times fight in areas using their ct around humans yet never really see anything happen to the humans.

How will it be lathered? He first needs to imbue Shen with ce then teleport him,
He doesn't have to imbue Shen, he just needs to target him and activate his technique. This will lather Shen in CE and activate the technique.
and cursed techniques only leave small traces of ce, that isn't gonna do anything here.
No, traces are what's left over at the scene and can also be done from non techniques as we saw with Mahito. That has nothing to do with the concentration of CE involved directly with the move. That's like saying I can transport a pound of grease oil and only spill a few drops on the floor and then you claim that those few drops of hot oil wouldn't harm anybody when speaking about the original volume not left over. It's called "trace amounts" for a reason, as it's a small portion of the original volume.
I mean after all we see these characters countless times fight in areas using their ct around humans yet never really see anything happen to the humans.
Correct, because there is a difference between being around CE and being absolutely smothered in it or having it enter your bodystream. All people natively have CE, the problem comes with being lathered in it.

Also I am just remembering but the staffs speed is also going to blitz Todo completely, I forgot this entirely sadly but this is just a mismatch altogether.

He doesn't have to imbue Shen, he just needs to target him and activate his technique. This will lather Shen in CE and activate the technique.
Nah this isn't it, they need to have CE in the first place to get swapped.
Idk bro bro, my best guess is that they aren't being coated as Gojo didn't seal the barrier and thus the info just fried their brains. Where as Gojo with blue has to coat the person he wants to teleport in his CE before he can complete the technique, but I'm not Gege.
I mean, there's also the residuals left from Domain Expansion too and apparently they all recovered from that?

Nah this isn't it, they need to have CE in the first place to get swapped.
I mean sure, if you want argue that Todo can't swap here but I'm not sure that isn't covered under SBA since regular humans do indeed have CE inverse but would still die.
I mean, there's also the residuals left from Domain Expansion too and apparently they all recovered from that?
Residuals aren't literally smothering the volume surrounding a person. I'd compare what happened with Gojo's domain to you stepping into a room and having a bright light on the ceiling go off, vs the application discussed with blue being more akin to literally surrounding someone with water in order to than teleport the target. I don't see why this case would be any different.

Back