• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenks

He/Him
FC/OC VS Battles
Administrator
Temporal Invulnerability (Regulus Corneas) VS Spatial Invulnerability (Satoru Gojo)

79pGgLN.png
HV1R3y5.png

Information:
  • Starts at a distance of 10 meters away.
  • Takes place on an empty island.
  • Both are at their peak.
  • Speed is equalized.

Last edited:
Thought this was done before?

If me understanding of infinity is right, if someone needs to travel and doesn't just spawn on its target, it will never reach Gojo.

So I don't think Regulus can bypass it, meanwhile I don't see how Gojo can harm Regulus, inconclusive.

Though I have heard spatial Manipulation can get past Infinity, so not too sure how it all works, Regulus may just be able to bypass it.

It's not able to interact with Regulus cause his time is stopped, same reason Sirius can't mind hax him.

One argument I can see is the whole domain nullify all abilities, though that might be an NLF.

I am unsure if spatial abilities can get through his barriers. I've also seen that argued.

Edit: Someone told me it can.

Also, a Domain Expansion was able to nullify Gojo's infinite barrier if I recall. So it may be able to nullify Regulus' stuff.

Last edited:
Not sure if Infinity could block time stopped matter wich ignores laws of physics, since most of his abilities are based on that (even if many use purely theorical concepts and are enforced through cursed energy.)

Edited the OP to make it cleaner.
Regulus stuff isn't spatial, but temporal though.
Just saying that it can nullify stuff as complex and powerful as Gojo's Limitless techniques. Whether or not that makes it able to null Regulus' stuff, I am unsure.

Not sure if Infinity could block time stopped matter wich ignores laws of physics, since most of his abilities are based on that (even if many use purely theorical concepts and are enforced through cursed energy.)
I don't know if that would make them able to cross infinite distances though.

Doesn't domain expansion work by undermining cursed energy itself? Can we equalize it to Witch magic based authorities?
I think so. JJK's Cursed Energy is basically just its own pseudo-magic power system anyway.

I never really agreed with using Infinity supposedly not working because of nullification from the Domain Expansion. It's only able to hit him through infinity because inside of a Domain Expansion, attacks NEVER miss, and thus can go through infinity. After all, it's only said the summoner of the domain's attack is affected. However, Domains likely do have power nullification as it's stated by Gojo that the person with the more polished Domain will override and nullify the less polished one. Which would mean Gojo has layered Power null.

That said, couldn't Regulus get through Gojo's infinity with his ability to cut through space? At least when Infinity is contained within a small area (He can expand Infinity to cover a larger area, which would require further reach with spatial cutting to technically reach him. Though this isn't a problem with projectiles, assuming projectiles are even affected by the space cutting ability described on the profile, though you could probs argue Gojo could mitigate that with more precise control of space).

Anyway, as for a win-con, can't Gojo's purple bypass Regulus' hax entirely? Sure, they can freeze the time of things they touch and what not and thus create a practically impenetrable barrier, but Hollow Purple literally erases what it touches from existence. Meaning if he created a barrier of air around him as described in his profile, it would simply be erased from existence, and then proceed to erase him regardless of if his matter is frozen or not, no?
It's not able to interact with Regulus cause his time is stopped, same reason Sirius can't mind hax him.
Aren't information and mind manip a bit different? One tries to take control of your mind, one forces information inside of your head. If Regulus can process information and able to think, wouldn't that mean that the process of processing information isn't halted?

Sirius mind manip doesn't control minds, but rather forces the enemy to feel what she is feeling, but amplified to an absurd degree, where her getting hurt means her opponent feels it to the point of instantly dying from shock. ( iirc she can also amplify what other people are feeling and then broadcast it to others, like when she dropped a kid from a building and reflected that into a crowd killing everyone instantly.)

If Regulus is unaffected that means his authority somehow isolates his mind from having things forced inside it too.
Hollow purple likely gets past his defenses, i think. The main thing about him is that his time is stopped wich stops any sort of effect that should have killed him from showing up, essentialy making him immutable and therefore invincible.

Sirius mind manip doesn't control minds, but rather forces the enemy to feel what she is feeling, but amplified to an absurd degree, where her getting hurt means her opponent feels it to the point of instantly dying from shock. ( iirc she can also amplify what other people are feeling and then broadcast it to others, like when she dropped a kid from a building and reflected that into a crowd killing everyone instantly.)

If Regulus is unaffected that means his authority somehow isolates his mind from having things forced inside it too.
Ah, yea, then it can prolly stop the overload from infinite information.

Though I do think it's safe to assume Domain Expansion could prolly null their time manip. Never shown to explicitly done that, but it can negate a lot of other hax of varying complexity.

Hollow purple likely gets past his defenses, i think. The main thing about him is that his time is stopped wich stops any sort of effect that should have killed him from showing up, essentialy making him immutable and therefore invincible.
So we agree Hollow Purple can "kill" him? Since it's not an ordinary attack that just breaks apart something at an arbitrary scale (As time stop would negate that from working as their state is maintained), but instead just reverts whatever it touches to "void" and just makes it non-existence.

If we agree with that, Hollow Purple is a very viable win-con and something Gojo uses in-character.

Within the context of Re Zero, and Regulus personality, where he would want to prove his superiority over others, if he fought Capella for example who can turn people into frogs or flies, or the Whale, which can rewrite history so that people never existed, those sorts of abilities just wouldn't work.

He is also pretty much stated to be invincible by the author if his trick isn't negated, called a metal mario etc... The time stop thing really goes far, i mean it's compared with EMM after all which is magic which lets the user "sidestep from this plane of existence".

Within the context of Re Zero, and Regulus personality, where he would want to prove his superiority over others, if he fought Capella for example who can turn people into frogs or flies, or the Whale, which can rewrite history so that people never existed, those sorts of abilities just wouldn't work.
Were they shown to negate existence erasure with time stop or not? It's hard to tell from the wording here. If he hasn't shown to negate it, we can't assume they can because of the narrative or anything like that in the verse. Also if they did negate that, it should be in their profile as a resistance, no?

The two also function in an entirely different way anyway. One rewrites history (which involves changing TIME which he controls and can stop), and one just makes you not exist by touching you without any mention of the manipulation of history/time.

Regulus doesn't resist stuff, that's not how his ability works, things simply don't interact with him, hence why he doesn't have mind and soul hax resistance despite Sirius authority not being able to work on him.

Anyway think i need to make another clarification CRT for Regulus, narratively Regulus is meant to be invincible, but we don't really deal in narratives here, narratively Reinhard is impossible to defeat too after all, however i think it is worth mentioning that Regulus is described as a distortion in space, and is similar to EMM which makes the user side step from this plane of reality.

In other words to affect the dude you need to be able to attack other planes of reality, type 9 immortality maybe for Regulus, Subaru and Beatrice? Don't really know about the latter, but the former needs to be mentioned.

By the way why does Regulus have a loss against Okuyasu, Regulus should stomp if I'm not mistaken. Seems weird. The logic used on the thread also doesn't make much sense.

Regulus doesn't resist stuff, that's not how his ability works, things simply don't interact with him, hence why he doesn't have mind and soul hax resistance despite Sirius authority not being able to work on him.
That just sounds like an unconventional resistance to me. Although I guess indirect resistances don't need to be listed? I feel they should be indexed personally even if it's not directly covered so people don't need to discuss what they could indirectly resist or not via hax.

Anyway, things don't interact with them because they're not frozen and he is frozen in a specific point in time. Thus any attack that would physically damage is incapable of doing so as they're frozen in a point of time where they weren't damaged. However, that's VERY different from existence erasure. His physical existence would just be outright erased. Maybe their consciousness or something would remain? But there body would be wiped, as would their defenses. The matter being frozen in a certain point of time only really makes it invulnerable to normal attacks that require changing its structure (via breaking it down on various levels), whereas Purple just makes it entirely non-existent after passing through something.

If they were shown to resist having their physical existence completely erased, then sure, I'd be fine with assuming Purple does nothing. Otherwise, I won't really buy it, as everything else he's resisted is vastly different than just having your existence wiped.
however i think it is worth mentioning that Regulus is described as a distortion in space, and is similar to EMM which makes the user side step from this plane of reality.
I don't think it being similar to whatever EMM is inherently means it has type 9 immortality. I feel there needs to be a direct statement for an assumption that large than something just being "similar". Though I don't really know the context so I could be wrong here.

EMM is stated to just be a downsized version of Regulus ability, without the harmful side effects.

"E. M. M" is one of the three original spells Subaru developed with Beatrice. This particular one is “Absolute Defense Magic”. During the activation of E. M. M, Subaru will not receive any interference from the outside world. It is the result of applying all of Beatrice's Yin magic skill and knowledge into manipulating time and space in a limited area around Subaru. Subaru: "I know the effect is similar to that bastard’s, but I kinda feel weird...ah!?" Regulus, Sin Archbishop representing "Greed", could stop the effect of time in his body by the transferring of his heart. E. M. M can be said to be a downsized version of that ability. However, there is no harmful side effect like stopping the heart, and you can be invincible as long as one’s mana is not exhausted.-Arc 6, Chapter 12

Domain expansion here has the advantage here it's not really negating the effect itself but the energy that causes it (the witch magic wich spawned the authority rather than the time manip wich is inherently 4D itself). Has domain expansion ever interacted with purely time based abilities before?

Domain expansion here has the advantage here it's not really negating the effect itself but the energy that causes it (the witch magic wich spawned the authority rather than the time manip wich is inherently 4D itself).
Domain Expansion doesn't negate Cursed Energy. Characters are still able to use cursed energy to fight inside of a Domain Expansion. Gojo even fires pure cursed energy to counter Jogo's attack in the Domain. Characters can also still use cursed energy to amplify their statistics like normal as well, etc. The techniques/abilities themself are what is usually negated.

You could probably argue for domain expansion negating his connection with his wives? Cause that's obviously very much something present in reality, though idk if domain expansion can negate the connections between things (side note i think this is how Reid beats the absurdity that is Regulus, he cuts the connection between Regulus and his wives since he can see and cut connections, and then Regulus gets reduced to 5 second time stop, which is defeat able)

Negating Regulus actual ability though which is time based and apparently puts him in another plane of reality, is a whole different argument.

EMM is stated to just be a downsized version of Regulus ability, without the harmful side effects.
I don't think the text is saying it's literally a downsized version of it. Just that it's a downsized version of it in terms of application. It manipulates time and space in a limited area to negate interference from the outside world. It works differently, but is stated to be similar because it also accomplishes the effect of negating damage like Regulus. Don't think that means Regulus' abilities should be taken to literally work the same but with more.

You could probably argue for domain expansion negating his connection with his wives? Cause that's obviously very much something present in reality, though idk if domain expansion can negate the connections between things (side note i think this is how Reid beats th absurdity that is Regulus, he cuts the connection between Regulus and his wives since he can see and cut connections, and then Regulus gets reduced to 5 second time stop, which is defeat able)
I'm pretty sure your average domain expansion cuts you off from outside space within some kind of pocket reality. Only exception is Sukuna, who leaves some gaps open to increase it's potency

I'm pretty sure your average domain expansion cuts you off from outside space within some kind of pocket reality. Only exception is Sukuna, who leaves some gaps open to increase it's potency
It possibly negates time hax? Domain Expansion is stated to negate all cursed techniques. One character who has hax related to time is Maki's father, Naobito Zenin has a technique, in which someone needs to move in 30 frames per second, and if they aren't able to do so, they are frozen for 1 second as a penalty IIRC. Yet this technique would also be susceptible to neutralization of Domain Expansion as every other technique. Other than that, I can't think of many examples as I'm not caught up with JJK.

@LaserPrecision His ability is explained to not be a barrier or anything like that, he is literally cut off from his surroundings

If he’d merely had a strengthened body, it wouldn’t have been impossible for Reinhardt to have break through; However, Regulus’s [Invincibility] clearly surpassed such a resistance.
Subaru: “It can’t be a super-strong barrier. All the measures to stop an [Invincible] enemy have been tried already. On top of that, he definitely lacks a heartbeat and body temperature. Then—”
The name of [Lion’s Heart] opened a thought, and the last piece of the puzzle fell in place.
Regulus’s Authority of [Greed] was not [Invincibility].
The true face of the murderer’s overwhelming power was [Stillness of an Object’s Time].
Already supplied, already appraised, without holes.
The words that Regulus always wore at his lips of distorted self-satisfaction, were about how he was a man satisfied with his ideal existence, but at the same time made no attempt to hide the nature of his ability.
Subaru: “The time of his body is frozen, so forget attacks; even the water won’t wet him. The time of the sand he throws is frozen, so it doesn’t bounce off, it goes straight through.”
Among the superpowers known in manga, there was a similar one of [Space Break].
This power, as its literal name suggested, caused a break with space itself, cutting something off from its surroundings, regardless of whatever may try to affect it; Regulus’s existence itself acted thus, on some level.
The Regulus Corneas who could cut himself off from the flow of time, could be said to be the distortion of space itself.
Indeed, he’d said, the dimension was different— [Invincibility] was but a side effect of [Stillness of an Object’s Time].
What was to say—
Subaru: “—The secret technique of freezing time’s your true ability!”-Arc 5, Chapter 56

It mentions space break, cutting something off from space, and thus nothing can affect it, Regulus ability acts similar to that, in that he is cut off from time itself, becoming a distortion in space.

So his ability does also have an effect on space, and he can also cut through space itself, so i wouldn't necessarily say for example that EMM affects time and space, thus clearly is different than Regulus ability which only works on time, that said it is perfectly reasonable what you said that they both have similar applications in that they negate damage, and don't have to be the same.

Regulus own attacks don't work on him, obviously cause when he used his ability to stop his time, and when he used it to do his attacks in the present are different, ie he time stopped himself a 100 years ago, and thus that moment in time is different from the present, this moment in time 100 years ago also protects his own mind and soul, as Sirius can't interact with him, but yea very weird to think about how his ability interact with others, Tappei really gave us a pretty unique power.

@LaserPrecision His ability is explained to not be a barrier or anything like that, he is literally cut off from his surroundings
I wasn't referring to Regulus' ability. I was saying that EMM is stated to act like a barrier in your own post:
"E. M. M" is one of the three original spells Subaru developed with Beatrice. This particular one is “Absolute Defense Magic”. During the activation of E. M. M, Subaru will not receive any interference from the outside world. It is the result of applying all of Beatrice's Yin magic skill and knowledge into manipulating time and space in a limited area around Subaru.
It's obviously not a normal 'barrier'. But it creates a "barrier" by manipulating the time and space of an area around them.

Past that, I think we agreed that because they function similarly in some applications doesn't mean they behave exactly the same.

Also, no rush, but you didn't seem to reply to my post here
Anyway, things don't interact with them because they're not frozen and he is frozen in a specific point in time. Thus any attack that would physically damage is incapable of doing so as they're frozen in a point of time where they weren't damaged. However, that's VERY different from existence erasure. His physical existence would just be outright erased. Maybe their consciousness or something would remain? But there body would be wiped, as would their defenses. The matter being frozen in a certain point of time only really makes it invulnerable to normal attacks that require changing its structure (via breaking it down on various levels), whereas Purple just makes it entirely non-existent after passing through something.

If they were shown to resist having their physical existence completely erased, then sure, I'd be fine with assuming Purple does nothing. Otherwise, I won't really buy it, as everything else he's resisted is vastly different than just having your existence wiped.
I of course would agree if there's an example of their existence being erased not doing anything due to their time shenanigans, but if there isn't an example, I think it's fair for us to assume that existence erasure would erase their physical body.

On a slightly unrelated note, I'm not sure if this would change much, but IIRC Domain Expansion has Law Manipulation as there's a scan stating that anyone within a Domain Expansion has to follow the rules set by the Domain Expansion including the user. Which in Gojo's case is the infinite information (Which I guess would imply he resists law manipulation or information manipulation). Again, not sure if that changes anything since it's still information being forced into their head which they showed to resist, but in this case it's law within the Domain for that to happen. Though this isn't on the profiles rn IIRC, so it's not like we can apply it here anyway. But assuming it does get applied at some point, it could be worth talking about.

I of course would agree if there's an example of their existence being erased not doing anything due to their time shenanigans, but if there isn't an example, I think it's fair for us to assume that existence erasure would erase their physical body.
Existence erasure from my memory doesn't really exist in verse, the Whale and Gluttony can erase people from existence, but they leave a physical body, their existence erasure, is more so erasing memories, and changing history, so that a person never existed ie all things associated with them is erased, history is basically rewritten so that person never existed.

Physical damage though is weird as i said, because it protects against the nonphysical too, Regulus would be the sole survivor vs all other archbishops and his personality is one where he needs to prove his superiority over others, he would let them use their hax on him, which wouldn't work such as Gluttony's stuff or Sirius which affects the mind and soul, so when you say anything that would physically damage him wouldn't work as his physical existence is frozen at point in time where it wasn't damaged, it's not just his physical existence that is frozen in time, his mind and soul would be included too.

As for how that interacts with EE 🤷‍♂️

Existence erasure from my memory doesn't really exist in verse, the Whale and Gluttony can erase people from existence, but they leave a physical body, their existence erasure, is more so erasing memories, and changing history, so that a person never existed ie all things associated with them is erased.
When you say they "leave a physical body", do you mean that only memories and things associated with them is erased, but their body is untouched? Or did you mean something else?

Physical damage though is weird as i said, because it protects against the nonphysical too, Regulus would be the sole survivor vs all other archbishops and his personality is one where he needs to prove his superiority over others, he would let them use their hax on him, which wouldn't work such as Gluttony's stuff or Sirius which affects the mind and soul, so when you say anything that would physically damage him wouldn't work as his physical existence is frozen at point in time where it wasn't damaged, it's not just his physical existence that is frozen in time.
A bit confused by the wording here as well. I don't mean to say this to come off as rude, but I think simplifying what you mean would help with interpreting it. I mean, not necessarily on its own, but like a "tldr" simple explanation afterward usually helps with digesting what you mean. I picked up on some of the things you were saying here, but I couldn't draw the conclusion you were coming to.

As for how that interacts with EE 🤷‍♂️
I'd say if you're not sure, it's fine to assume it does work over going "We aren't sure if it will or won't work" since there's no feats of him resisting physical existence erasure that just erases all his physical components from existence. Practical attacks try to change the structure of something (i.e. damage it), whereas Hollow Purple simply gets rid of it, ctrl alt deletes it. It'd likely be a bit different if they had an ability that activated even without conscious decision or applied some law where if anything happened to them it was rewound, because then after being erased, the ability would activate and undo it. However here, all that's being done is preserving the matter of a character in a specific instance/state from 100 years ago which means it can't be physically changed. Purple like I said though doesn't change anything though, it gets rid of it altogether.

That being said, with how Gojo's profile is right now, Hollow Purple is possibly his only win-con. Though it is in-character for him to use it and he has done so several times. Thus would surely use it after realizing he can't damage his opponent by conventional means.

Domain Expansion nullifying Regulus' ability is also a possibility if we assume Naobito's hax as time related/4D since it involves forcing an opponent to move in a certain amount of time or they freeze which DE can nullify. Which is also in-character for Gojo to use, and he himself has also used it several times just like with Hollow Purple. Though if Regulus' hax are negated in DE, then he doesn't even really need to physically kill Regulus as the infinite amount of information his brain would process would eventually kill him anyway.

Regulus could potentially win if he can bypass infinity with his spatial cutting ability, which would allow his projectiles to glide through Gojo's infinity which is also spatial manipulation and harm Gojo (Though he may not die on attrition of both his reverse cursed technique which he can use to heal damage to himself, and also the fact he's unlikely to die from small impalement injuries). Though this is only assuming his projectiles have the spatial cutting property. However, it can be argued that Gojo could possibly negate this advantage via having more precision spatial manipulation and being shown to redirect the direction projectiles are going with infinity, likely by manipulating the space in which they move through.

If all of these win-cons are proven invalid, then incon as stated way earlier in the thread.

When you say they "leave a physical body", do you mean that only memories and things associated with them is erased, but their body is untouched? Or did you mean something else?

A bit confused by the wording here as well. I don't mean to say this to come off as rude, but I think simplifying what you mean would help with interpreting it. I mean, not necessarily on its own, but like a "tldr" simple explanation afterward usually helps with digesting what you mean. I picked up on some of the things you were saying here, but I couldn't draw the conclusion you were coming to.
Yes, their bodies remain, but things such as memories about them are erased, also actions they performed ie if they wrote a letter, that letter would now be blank, and also their possessions would be erased, ie if they lived somewhere, things would be rewritten so they never lived there, nothing they owned would exist anymore.

Tldr Regulus ability extends beyond the physical, it doesn't just make him physically uninteractable, his non-physical aspects such as his mind and soul are also uninteractable, so when he stops his time at a moment in time, it's not just his physical body that is stopped in that moment in time, but also his mind and soul.

Yes, their bodies remain, but things such as memories about them are erased, also actions they performed ie if they wrote a letter, that letter would now be blank, and also their possessions would be erased, ie if they lived somewhere, things would be rewritten so they never lived there, nothing they owned would exist anymore.

Tldr Regulus ability extends beyond the physical, it doesn't just make him physically uninteractable, his non-physical aspects such as his mind and soul are also interactable, so when he stops his time at a moment in time, it's not just his physical body that is stopped in that moment in time, but also his mind and soul.
Gotcha. Thanks for elaborating (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back