• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding non-canonical elements in SF and E. Honda's feat

Status
Not open for further replies.
edmond honda the 3rd is not the strongest SF character and also because he's a pervert(for both genders)

How does Honda officially roughly rank in terms of strength, and was his feat canon?

honda is equal to hakan but doesn't really participate in shadaloo takedown plots and usually minds his own buisness.

dubiously canon as with most arcade endings but with the upcoming canon page changes it would probably be considered usable.

Well, I personally do not mind if we use the feat. Maybe he is supposed to be comparable to most of the higher tiers in terms of raw power, but not in speed, skill, and versatility?

yeah he isn't really comparable in skill considering he has to be reminded that many of his moves wouldn't actually fly in sumo, versatility is a weird spot honestly and speed probably not for obvious reasons.

we should probably talk about if the feat is an outlier or not now, as stated in the Outlier page: "However, all effort should be made to try to reconcile outliers with other canon information, and only the most extreme examples should be classed as completely unusable. Often there is disagreement on exactly what constitutes an outlier, and things that are considered an outlier by some might not be considered to be one by everyone. Careful judgement should be used in all cases." so my reasons for it not being an outlier is this:

- Hakan threw honda at extremely high speeds

- Edmond got severely injured when he collided with the meteor forcing him to use crutches

- E. honda is largely featless so this probably doesn't contradict anything like it would if say x character has displayed consistent 8-B feats but suddenly does a 4-C attack, this is an outlier while edmond minds his buisness most of the time.

Yes, like I mentioned, I do not mind if we use it. Just because Honda is less skilled and swift does not mean that he is much less powerful.

i agree but many people would disagree so i wanted to outline my reasons for believing it isn't an outlier.

To be fair, Honda was not in the shadaloo raid because Karin did not even ask him to join in. She only asked Ken, Mika, Ibuki, Birdie and Chun i believe, with the rest coming for the raid on their own.

Ryu went because ken told him to, Cammy went there with Juri, etc.

So, him not going to the raid is not really that big of a indicaation that he is that far behind the others.

@Boomer

Please stop interfering. I still think that you are likely a sockpuppet.

His/her account was created and he/she started repeatedly posting in a Fire Emblem thread right after Ted Ed, who had been carrying the same conversation, was banned for also being a sockpuppet.

Still that's a conversation for another thread, not in a Street Fighter thread where you use that to discount their arguments.

That was not my intention. I just got suspicious that he/she was trying to derail.

Yeah, to be honest, kinda have to agree. When even Akuma's greatest feat only reaches up to the hundreds of kilotons, things start looking weird when the low tiers perform something that exceeds that by over a thousand times over bare minimum.

I do not know. Maybe Honda is not supposed to have less raw power than the high tiers, just less speed and skill, and maybe Akuma didn't have to use his full power that time?

SuperAPM said:
Yeah, to be honest, kinda have to agree. When even Akuma's greatest feat only reaches up to the hundreds of kilotons, things start looking weird when the low tiers perform something that exceeds that by over a thousand times over bare minimum.
a feat he performed extremely casually.

That was anything but casual. Not full power, but certainly not causal. And still doesn't negate the massive discrepancy.

please explain how alpha 2 akuma(one of his earliest versions) smiled and then punched the ground without any sign of significant effort is not casual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back