• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

M. Bison updates and something about the stun status

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamanPatou

VS Battles
Administrator
Street Fighter 6 provided new insights on the mechanics and effects of Psycho Power, thanks to the lessons imparted onto us by JP.
Controlling Psycho Power requires a powerfull mind and heart, which would otherwise be crushed by its intensity. Test subjects unable to endure it were broken and perished, and only a select few could undergo the training necessary to master it. Its dreadful effects had already been described in the old All About Street Fighter ZERO 3 book, but now we have the confirmation that Psycho Power itself caused them, rather than "normal" PTSD.

This should grant M. Bison Supernatural Willpower, further examples of Mind Manipulation and resistance to it.
Speaking of the latter, for too much time his profile has lacked a clear explanation of the power (my fault, admittedly), so I'll proceed to illustrate the examples that should be inserted.
  • The aforementioned effects
  • Brainwashed Ken in Alpha 3 (although it's dubious whether or not this actually occurred in canon, since the true ending of Alpha 3 is a mix of that of multiple characters, it should still be in the realm of possibilities)
  • His Psycho Power was used to brainwash Ryu in Bison's Alpha 2 ending
  • The entire characterization of the Dolls and Cammy throughout the series is entirely based on them having been reduced to loyal agents through brainwashing, I'm not even sure I need to link all the sources mentioning the thing (I can if deemed necessary tho).
  • Forced Abel into a berserk state and did a similar thing to the Dolls upon increasing their strength.
I will also add more sources regarding his incorporeality as Phantom Bison, most notably text sources, endings and other stuff that display such ability.

Now, some small talk about tiers.
I was aware of this, but for some reason I never associated it to AP. M. Bison's stage in Alpha 3 is characterized by a large, skull-shaped storm. This clearly isn't a natural phenomena, so it should be safe to assume that M. Bison caused for it. You all know abut Street Fighter's ki-based UES, and despite the storm being difficult to calc, it shouldn't be a problem to rate it Low 7-B in accordance to the References for Common Feats page. It also grants him Weather Manipulation, of course.
This unfortunately scales only to M. Bison's second/Alpha 3 key, since in this game his strength is greatly augmented by the Psycho Drive and the only character who actually scales to him directly is Satsui no Hado Ryu, who is already High 7-A.

Lastly, it's time to talk about the Status Effect Inducement that every character has. The "stun" effect is indeed a game mechanic, but ages ago it was decided to give it to the entire cast due to some specific techniques meant to cause such status, for example Alex's machine gun headbutt and Poison's poison kiss.
Now, Street Fighter 6 is the first game to not have this mechanic as a standard feature, which is limited to specific, even more game mechanic-ish conditions.
Rather than making a distinction between the newcomers and the old characters (who obviosuly didn't carry the ability with them), I propose to limit the ability only to the aforementioned characters and their techniques.

Lastly, it's time to talk about the Status Effect Inducement that every character has. The "stun" effect is indeed a game mechanic, but ages ago it was decided to give it to the entire cast due to some specific techniques meant to cause such status, for example Alex's machine gun headbutt and Poison's poison kiss.
Now, Street Fighter 6 is the first game to not have this mechanic as a standard feature, which is limited to specific, even more game mechanic-ish conditions.
Rather than making a distinction between the newcomers and the old characters (who obviosuly didn't carry the ability with them), I propose to limit the ability only to the aforementioned characters and their techniques.
I disagree with removing it from the characters who no longer have stun abilities, it's not like they can carry every mechanic through every game. IMO it's fine to keep it for veterans, obviously SF6 newcomers shouldn't have it tho

I disagree with removing it from the characters who no longer have stun abilities, it's not like they can carry every mechanic through every game. IMO it's fine to keep it for veterans, obviously SF6 newcomers shouldn't have it tho
I agree with this point. If the characters could use stun in previous games, it can stay

The Bison stuff looks good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back