• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Street Fighter High Tier Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely.

If I'm standing on a planet (for example) and it gets blown up but I don't sustain any serious injuries from the explosion then that's a durability feat.
This is both correct and slightly wrong.

The inverse square law needs to be taken into account to find Ryu's durability. Even being 1 meter away from an explosion/shockwave would lower the results by a lot.

Quick calc assuming Ryu was only 1 meter away from Akuma.

(9.44562827e17)/(4pi((1)^2))/2 = 3.75829607e16 Joules per m^2

Using the average Cross Section Area of a human, 0.68 m^2.

Ryu's Durability = 3.75829607e16 x 0.68 = 2.5556413e+16 Joules or 6.10 Megatons of TNT (Small City level+)

Of course you should find the true distance between Ryu and Akuma to find his durability.

This is both correct and slightly wrong.

The inverse square law needs to be taken into account to find Ryu's durability. Even being 1 meter away from an explosion/shockwave would lower the results by a lot.

Quick calc assuming Ryu was only 1 meter away from Akuma.

(9.44562827e17)/(4pi((1)^2))/2 = 3.75829607e16 Joules per m^2

Using the average Cross Section Area of a human, 0.68 m^2.

Ryu's Durability = 3.75829607e16 x 0.68 = 2.5556413e+16 Joules or 6.10 Megatons of TNT (Small City level+)

Of course you should find the true distance between Ryu and Akuma to find his durability.
Nothing you told me contradicted what I stated earlier to CrackerVolley but I appreciate the calc.

Nothing you told me contradicted what I stated earlier to CrackerVolley but I appreciate the calc.
I wasn't trying to contradict you though.

I was telling you that you're right that this is a durability feat, but he doesn't scale to the full value. As he was not in the epicenter of the explosion.

Which would be on Akuma's fist.

I wasn't trying to contradict you though.

I was telling you that you're right that this is a durability feat, but he doesn't scale to the full value. As he was not in the epicenter of the explosion.

Which would be on Akuma's fist.
Well you said that I was slightly wrong about something earlier.

But it's in the past now.

Well you said that I was slightly wrong about something earlier.

But it's in the past now.
Yes, your assumption that he scaled to the full 7-A value was incorrect/wrong.

Am I speaking strangely here? I don't understand what you're trying to say.

What the hell?

I'm stay out of this one, I can't deal with people like you. Apologies for coming off as rude. Guess I'm just stupid.

Just pretend I wasn't hear, sorry for interrupting you and talking nonsense.

What the hell?

I'm stay out of this one, I can't deal with people like you. Apologies for coming off as rude. Guess I'm just stupid.

Just pretend I wasn't hear, sorry for interrupting you and talking nonsense.
Huh?

What's going on here?

I thought we just had a slight misunderstanding?

Ok, here I am.
First, let my say I heavily disagree with everything proposed here.
For starters, assuming Ryu tanked anything in the first place is rather preposterous. The 7-A rating is the force needed to v.frag the island, which was delivered by Akuma's punch, which hit the ground and not Ryu. Second, as Rusty said, you have to account inverse square law, and even then you should start from the actual explosion, not the punch that triggered it, as they are separate events with different magnitudes.

But what matters most, is that the island never exploded, it crumbled apart. Not only we never see what happens to the island itself, as it could have been destroyed in several different ways, but most importantly, we have solid proof it didn't explode.
The english translation says twice that the island disappeared (first from Ryu's own words, then from the narrator's), but the original text goes as follows:

「うわぁっ!? し、 島が崩れる・・・・!?」
・・・・ゴウキの島 『獄炎島』 は崩れ去った

"Whoa! Sh, the island's collapsing ・・・・!"
・・・・ Gouki's island "Hellfire Island" collapsed.

There's no way to quantify what amount of damage Ryu could have sustained, if he ever sustained any, as if he's shown completely unharmed and hurting him wasn't even Akuma's purpose.

I could go on and write a quite long and exaustive essay on how using the other feats presented don't really work as support, how characters on Ryu's level are solidly portrayed as a step above the others when going down in the tier list, how there are dozens of instances and statements of characters either weaker, equal or even stronger than Ryu being threatened, wounded or straight up killed by stuff that isn't even close to tier 7, or the simple fact there are no solid feats on that level.
I can also say this is all stuff that was presented, debated and accepted in the past, over the course of many CRTs.

But I believe that proving how this feat doesn't count for durability and didn't happen in the first place is enough.

Last edited:
Oof.

Well I gave it the old college try.

If a staff member and knowledgeable member of Street Fighter disagrees with my revisions then there's no point in discussing this further I suppose.

Hopefully Street Fighter 6 can provide some decent upgrades in a few months.

Last edited:
That's not a rule written in stone, mind you, and I believe I'm neither enforcing any special privilege nor silencing you.

I just gave my honest opinion and analysis.
I understand.

But I also know that it's an uphill battle to debate you on this for the next few days knowing that a staff member's stance carries significantly more weight than an ordinary community member's.

So it's fine.

I really really hope Street Fighter 6 has some great feats.

Last edited:
Huh?

I never insinuated such a thing.

I just know that this thread won't end well for me when all is said and done.

Well, I personally think that Saman seems to make sense above, and do not mind if we close this thread if every suggestion here has been rejected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back