• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding non-canonical elements in SF and E. Honda's feat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listen, the amount of effort akuma did it did not is irrelevant. It still does not negate the massive discrepancy between feats

or he didn't and that aura was always around him during the fight he was even smiling and then literally the next few seconds later he punched the ground akuma doesn't hide his aura nor does he try to in fact he lets his aura loose to scare opponents and to prove he's a demon.

actually it does matter since your inital argument was that since akuma performed a feat lower than edmond and that he required effort when that is not true not to mention it was a joint feat and that was e. honda's best and severely injured him not to mention this was A2 akuma one of his earliest forms and it's been proven that akuma constantly trains between games developing new techniques and growing in power.

Why are you so fixated on the fact that he was smiling; I don't know if this is a news flash for you, but people can smile whilst going all out, that's a very typical trope in Japan. The fact that he was does not indicate him being causal in the slightest.

he was smiling because of the potential ryu showed as a possible rival and the person to finally kill him he destroyed the island to show him how big the power gap is even when he's not trying to tempt ryu into giving into the satsui no hado.

also this is not a cocky or narcissistic villain this is akuma who rarely smiles him simply smiling shows how big the gap is in fact this is one of the few times he has ever smiled and him smiling does not automatically mean he pertains to that trope when most of the time when he shows any effort he does not smile.

How does any of that come anywhere close to indicating him being casual? It demonstrates the massive gap between him and Ryu, obviously. But being casual? No.

Keeping in mind that M. Bison took the energy of all the black moons, but Fang's ending might work fine for SFV base Ryu, SFV base M. Bison and everyone bellow that can still be comparable.

Well, if both Matthew and SuperAPM disagree, I suppose that my assessment may very well have been wrong.

Perhaps you can ask Dark649 and other knowledgeable staff members to give input as well?

It's still something that might be revisited with the comparation of other feats. But right now, it's very likely to be an outlier.

well i personally think it's not that much of an outlier but the best thing we should probably do is calc other arcade endings that don't happen in canon(like fang and ryu's endings) and see if we can make e. honda's feat less of an outlier.

Lavcore said:
well i personally think it's not that much of an outlier but the best thing we should probably do is calc other arcade endings that don't happen in canon(like fang and ryu's endings) and see if we can make e. honda's feat less of an outlier.
This is what we could do. I must learn new ways to do calcs

Which of the endings have useful high level feats in them?

ok here are the arcade endings that could have some useful feats in them:

Fang's ending: Possibly mountain level?

M. Bison's A2 ending: Resistance to Mind Manipulation for Ryu

Necro's SFIII 2nd impact ending: island level?

Oni's USFIV ending: Mountain level?

he straight up says that ryu is resisting his mind control much more than his previous victims and the word resistance is used repeatedly in the ending.

nah the SFV endings aren't the only canon ones plus some SFV endings are non-canon.

also since we use ryu's bad ending for AP justification then we can use non-canon endings that aren't out of the realm of possiblity.

True, also I find it king of weird how we don't have a III key for Ryu since I'm III he was stated to be stronger then Alex, and Alex beat Gill

Screen Shot 2019-11-18 at 7.43.09 PM
The black moons work.

Screen Shot 2019-11-18 at 7.44.41 PM
Screen Shot 2019-11-18 at 7.45.50 PM
Ryu's resistance to mind manipulation shown here.

F.A.N.G and m. bison screencaptures done.

Calc requests have been posted in the appropriate thread and the ryu resistance addition will be discussed in a different thread.

this reminds me why does oni not have resistance to heat manipulation? dude stood in the middle of a volcano and wasn't affected not to mention he wasn't fazed by being in goddamn lava.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back