• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding non-canonical elements in SF and E. Honda's feat

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's something we need to add in the revision of the verse, but that's maybe for another post. Also, SFV Fang Ending Black Moon feat looks to be mountain level depending if the feat is capable to be KE, I just need to make some revisions to the math itself.

Lavcore said:
this reminds me why does oni not have resistance to heat manipulation? dude stood in the middle of a volcano and wasn't affected not to mention he wasn't fazed by being in goddamn lava.
This is fine to me.

yeah but i wanna save the resistance additions for a different thread(i'm doing a lot of SF threads aren't i?) considering both ryu and akuma's profile's are locked and maybe do some cleaning up with the other profiles that have far higher instead of higher implying they are higher on the scale than akuma.

Okay. Tell me here after you start the new discussion.

@Stickman

yes going from 7-B to High 6-C is Extremely questionable.

@ant

took the liberty of changing neccali since he was the only non-locked profile who still had far higher.

@Stickman

you're talking about homestuck-esque profiles that get crazy power jumps because of 12-D chess playing words like "the squire sat upon the throne of kings boundless from the shackles of reality" and stuff like that we're talking about SF where they keep a (somewhat) consistent level of power.

I mean SF is the same series that has a consistent top tier character be portrayed as a mid tier in later games (but those later games are prequals so eh) but I understand what you mean

You can write a list of the exact titles for all of the profile pages that you need unlocked here, so my automated script can handle it.

Lavcore said:
@Stickman
yes going from 7-B to High 6-C is Extremely questionable.

@ant

took the liberty of changing neccali since he was the only non-locked profile who still had far higher.
I mean, both of Akuma's 7-C feats are stupid casual and he scales ridiculously above 7-B If I'm not mistaken, his strongest form being high 6-C isn't that big of a stretch tbh

@ant

i'm so so sorry that took so long i had to go to sleep and couldn't stay up any longer you can relock the profiles now.

@twellas

yes it is a big stretch to go from megatons to 700 GIGATONS.

you talking to me or him? if it's the former look at my previous comment on how this isn't a series that get's crazy power jumps and stays at a somewhat consistent level of power so yes previous consistency does matter to stronger forms it's really simple to understand.

I locked Ryu and Bison. What else do we need to do here?

well we basically resolved the canon issue so we're waiting for the revision thread and now we're waiting for the calcs for the aformentioned arcade endings to see if e. honda's feat can get accepted.

Lavcore said:
@ant
i'm so so sorry that took so long i had to go to sleep and couldn't stay up any longer you can relock the profiles now.

@twellas

yes it is a big stretch to go from megatons to 700 GIGATONS.
but again, those megaton feats he performed were extremely casual and the ones he scales off of are also massively below him. I know that it's a big jump in power, but this is quite literally the ONLY feat were we see Akuma properly exherting himself and it's from a form of his that is supposedly way stronger than his base, which already scales ridiculously above the megaton feats.

I genuinely don't think this is considerable an outlier

Nobody cares if it's casual you are using a "casual" 7-B feat from a Top Tier from the series to justify a mostly-joke character doing a joke High 6-C feat.

while i agree with you matthew oni isn't a joke character he's a theoretical version of akuma meant to be taken seriously.

That feat was anything but casual, certainly not to the level of it being equivalent to a light tap on his part. It was a hard solid punch. The most you can get by insinuating it to be extremely casual and bringing up his two powered up forms is a bump up to Low 7-B, and even that is pushing it.

SuperAPM said:
That feat was anything but casual, certainly not to the level of it being equivalent to a light tap on his part. It was a hard solid punch. The most you can get by insinuating it to be extremely casual and bringing up his two powered up forms is a bump up to Low 7-B, and even that is pushing it.
we've discussed this before and you saying that his forms only bump him up to low 7-B is massive downplay for akuma.

@hellbeast

well the offsite calc put him at 700 gigatons and we all know how inaccurate the last akuma offsite calc was so a calc here would be nice.

I don't know, I really don't buy into the idea of calling outlier a feat from the top tier of a verse who eclipses the entirety of the cast by a significant margin for merely being 1 tier above some feats from characters who don't even compare to him, but that's just me tho, do what you deem best

man the outlier page was right when it said many people have different interpretations on what an outlier is.

It's such a vague concept and it differs so much depending on context that different interpretations are inevitable

I don't think Oni is a joke character, and the fact that Dragon Ball went from solar system to universal proves previous levels definetly don't matter.

I was thinking the same thing, Db went from Solar System to Universal after literally a single feat. But whataboutism won't get us anywhere

comparing dragon ball to SF is actually hilarious but you shouldn't do that comparison for obvious reasons but i agree that oni is not a joke character and is meant to be taken seriously.

While the calculation need another revision, in case it turns out to be High 6-Cit's not an outlier simply because it's one of the strongest characters in the franchise and the franchise itself has a very large distinction between high tier characters, which are straight 7-B, and mid tier characters, Low 7-C, so the large gap should not be the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back