• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SamanPatou

VS Battles
Administrator
Here we are fighters! After making profiles for the new characters, who will soon be joined be the newcomer A.K.I., it's time to take care of the old guard too. Unfortunately the game didn't give them much, at least in terms of feats and P&A, but there's stuff to cover nonetheless. I'm not going to name the new techniques I'm adding to the profiles, unless they are related to some skill or whatever, as it would just be pointless and time-consuming, but know that I'll do that too. Same goes for very minor stuff, like a character mentioning to having had fought another one unless this effects their ratings, or the cast being a teacher, or generally very minor stuff that works as flavor or minor support (like Cammy talking about being a spy). Please trust me I'm not going to slip anything hefty under the radar.
Now, without further ado, let's get into the ring!

Everyone

Ap Upgrade:
See here
  • Empowerment: Like all new characters I've made profiles for, they are able to make their Critical Art into a stronger and different move if they are at low healt

Ryu

As we will see with many others, Ryu gets mostly flavor and details about his life, which in terms of brainless vs debating translates to intelligence material. All this stuff will also be included in his last key, which will become SFV-VI, as no relevant change warrants a fourth key.

• Can shoot a dragon of ki from his fist while doing a Shoryuken (not with his critical art rotfl Capcom wtf were you thinking), so I'll mention it somewhere, I guess.
  • Above Average not-combat related intelligence:
  • Further ESP for being able to sense spirits

Ken
  • Nothing too relevant honestly, he beats the shit out of the Nayshall champion and Luke in the comics, as well as being faster than a recording drone, but it's probably a flaw of the drone, rather than any worthwile speed feat. Not only he got his life ruined, he also doesn't get any updated, sad.

Chun-Li
  • Enhanced Senses: For noticing that Juri was stalking her, with specific reference to it being due to her senses.
  • Support for Weapon Mastery and the notion that even in the old times, when she carried a gun, she never fired anything other than warning shots. I'll add this as a description to her optional equipment, since it comes from Alpha times.

Guile
  • Heat Manipulation: His Flash Kick sliced a drone in half and left it burning hot and steaming.

Zangief
Blanka
  • Weapon Mastery and Explosion: Via Blanka-chan Bomb
  • Adaptation: Learned to project electricity after having been electrocuted by an eel and became green after absorbing a mix of herbs and flowers. I'd toss in there the fact that his body, teeth and claws adapted to the wild life.
  • Likely Minor Fragrance/Poison: The mush of plants he's absorbed was meant as a protection from bugs. It doesn't specify how, but I believe there is ground to believe it is due to the smell or unpleasant properties.
  • Resistance to Electricity: Still from above, even before getting his powers, he survived a shock that would have KO'd a horse and even powered through it to kill the eel.
  • Extrasensory Perception and Telepathy: Can hear the voices of the spirits of nature. Lily also states that the forest spirits are with him and that he might be able to hear the voice of her wind spirit.

Dhalsim
  • LS Feat, he halts an elephant stomp with two fingers, support if any.
  • A million references to him being a spiritual guide to many, and 95% of his dialogues are a bucket of wisdom. He's also a good cook. All support for intelligence.
  • Likely Blessed: He also says a a few times that prayers to Agni are the source of his power, and given the verse, it might very well be true.
  • Range upgrade to Teleportation and ESP to thousands of km, since he sensed Lily's power from India to Mexico and teleported to her location.

Honda
  • Limited Fire: Can generate an actual ring of fire through friction alone
  • Air: Can shoot air waves from his palms (not in gameplay F)
  • ESP: Could sense Lily's strength

Cammy
  • Support for Vehicular Mastery (horseriding)
  • Support for ESP: Sensed JP's Psycho Power
  • Throwing Knives as optional equipment: She already has Weapon Mastery for his skill, and she states it again in the link above. She's never used them on-screen, but I think she should have them anyway, given the number of times this skill is mentioned.

Dee Jay

Really nothing special for him, I'm sorry

Juri

Rashid
  • More details on his wind manip, specially this super cool scene
  • Free Movement for being able to step on air currents
  • Some skill feats such as doing this thing, was very talented already during childhood and his style is completely self-taught

Luke

Nothing in particular, he now works as a contractor and has done some jobs, experiences and stuff, such as losing to Ryu and Ken in the arcade and comics.

Varies
  • Gill: Intelligence feat for having conquered Rashid's ancestor's kingdom centuries ago, also support for his longevity
  • Bison: Memory Manipulation for having shown Rose memories of things he's done, likely while inhabiting her body (although the animation doesn't show it, it checks out with the timeline, and SF2 isn't canon). This really is just a leftover from the previous crt, honestly.

And here we are, pretty underwhelming honestly, but we take what we get. I don't expect to having gotten 100% of things, given how wide world tour is and because I don't have the game yet, but I'm confident in having most of the things covered. See you when AKI comes out!

Last edited:
Ryu said his money comes from physical labour and it's Ken managing his credit, mentioning he got rich through work would be misleading

leaving a sliced drone scorching hot I would consider an AP or speed feat rather than heat manipulation

Rest is fine

Ryu said his money comes from physical labour and it's Ken managing his credit, mentioning he got rich through work would be misleading
Yes, but the later mentions "solving local crises" and physical labour is still experience in its ow regard.
I've beeb short here in the CRT, but the description on the profile will be much clearer on the methods he's used.

leaving a sliced drone scorching hot I would consider an AP or speed feat rather than heat manipulation
I thought the same, but I thought it could count since it's done through chi.

It still seems like the aftermath of a fast kick rather than heat manipulation

Yeah which is why the melting could have happened from the speed of the kick

I noticed little upgrades in this thread... so I reached out to MY LOYAL FANS!

Zangief's Critical Art has been calculated and the accepted end gave 0.18 tons, or 9-A+. Not a giant upgrade, but a welcomed one nonetheless.
Since half the roster is composed of rookies, I think it's safe to apply it even to characters who aren't in the game but whose strength is sure to surpass or at least compare to the rest.

That said, the feat is the result of an empowered super move, so its strength is above that of normal attacks. Because of that, I was thinking about adding an "At most" next to the new rating. It's still 9-A, but 0.8x above the former one. What do you think?

I noticed little upgrades in this thread... so I reached out to MY LOYAL FANS!

Zangief's Critical Art has been calculated and the accepted end gave 0.18 tons, or 9-A+. Not a giant upgrade, but a welcomed one nonetheless.
Since half the roster is composed of rookies, I think it's safe to apply it even to characters who aren't in the game but whose strength is sure to surpass or at least compare to the rest.

That said, the feat is the result of an empowered super move, so its strength is above that of normal attacks. Because of that, I was thinking about adding an "At most" next to the new rating. It's still 9-A, but 0.8x above the former one. What do you think?
9-A+ Street Fighter is based.

I have updated the verse page and given the new rating to the newly published Aki, I'll apply the rest of the changes over the course of the following days.

Support for Vehicular Mastery (horseriding)
While I support this, I suddenly notice that riding horse may not be written as a notable example in Vehicular Mastery page. It is important because we have fictionalized historical characters who mainly use horse as transportation even during battle. Also, the reference?
LS Feat, he halts an elephant stomp with two fingers, support if any.
While the LS listed in his profile is higher than this feat, I think that listing this feat is good considering that it is his own feat.
Hacking: The Feng Shui Engine can be used for intrusion and hacking
It seems fine, but IDK if she uses the ability..

While I support this, I suddenly notice that riding horse may not be written as a notable example in Vehicular Mastery page. It is important because we have fictionalized historical characters who mainly use horse as transportation even during battle. Also, the reference?
We already list is for many other characters, I'll see if I can have the notion added, but right now it's not a reason to prevent the addition.

I didn't add the reference here for simplicity, but I always add them to the files.

It seems fine, but IDK if she uses the ability..
This also isn't a reason to not add the ability, honestly.

Does generating fire through friction burns really count as fire manipulation? Seems more like a speed thing
Generally yes, but this is clearly a supernatural form of it.
He doesn't just generate fire, he raises a tall circle of flames that keep burning, something that doesn't happen irl.

We already list is for many other characters, I'll see if I can have the notion added, but right now it's not a reason to prevent the addition.
I support this horseridding addition. (Many historical characters such as Romance of the Three Kingdoms characters have this)
This also isn't a reason to not add the ability, honestly.
I also support this addition as she has tool which has the potential to do so.

The portrayal of Lily's character strongly suggests that Honda and Blanka's abilities are real, rather than simple feelings.

If it weren't for Dhalsim sensing a powerful satsui no hado-like energy dormant within her I'd also think that Honda is only talking about her fighting potential, but here there are actual implications.
Also, there are several examples of sf characters sensing chi, but currently we've given it only to those who actively use it, since even one like Cammy can sense it.

Lily and Blanka's story is also quite focused on the voices of nature spirits, which Lily sense on a regular basis.
The way she talks about Blanka, especially his status as a person strongly connected to nature, to me implies he also has the same ability to either a minor or an unconscious extent.

The portrayal of Lily's character strongly suggests that Honda and Blanka's abilities are real, rather than simple feelings.

If it weren't for Dhalsim sensing a powerful satsui no hado-like energy dormant within her I'd also think that Honda is only talking about her fighting potential, but here there are actual implications.
She's got the devil in her

Back