• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding non-canonical elements in SF and E. Honda's feat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Twellas said:
BlackDarkness is categorically against it for some reason, because he says that a while ago he saw some calcs on other wikis for similar feats and they were 7-B, therefore we shouldn't even bother calc'ing it according to him.
Yes, it's ridiculous but whatever
Its ridiculous because you think so? The calc as i told you already was done by a person that is part of this wiki as well and got results similar to Akuma feats that were recalced here, not 7-B, another one done by someone outside the wikis done it too, no difference in results

If you wish to waste time on feats that wont contribute to anything to their current tier, why dont you do it, i dont see the point to calc that

What are all the things that we need to do here in summary?

BlackDarkness679 said:
Twellas said:
BlackDarkness is categorically against it for some reason, because he says that a while ago he saw some calcs on other wikis for similar feats and they were 7-B, therefore we shouldn't even bother calc'ing it according to him.
Yes, it's ridiculous but whatever
Its ridiculous because you think so? The calc as i told you already was done by a person that is part of this wiki as well and got results similar to Akuma feats that were recalced here, not 7-B, another one done by someone outside the wikis done it too, no difference in results
If you wish to waste time on feats that wont contribute to anything to their current tier, why dont you do it, i dont see the point to calc that
It's ridiculous because you have yet to show said calcs, and I don't think there's any problem in having this feat calc'd, especially since the new Arcade ending shows the opening as deeper and thus would be a bigger feat

And i say you waste time, parying the sea like Moses isnt as impressive as it sounds, Akuma fragmenting the island and punching Ayers Rock also sound impressive yet look at where they ended up, town and large town

You have way too much high hopes for this buddy, also doubt the feat having a deeper opening changes it that much

Gonna copy paste the calc now, pretty much the same thing Gill did in his feat, like Moses

" "splitting an ocean to make a path to walk through" This one is a bit tricky, so I will make a few assumptions here:

• One: A timeframe for this Moses trick of 1 second
  • Two: The distance being the distance between Fortaleza, Brazil, and Dakar, Senegal, for a lowish ball (3098590 meters)
  • Three: The width being the width of a standard, two-lane road (12 * 2 feet = 24 feet, or 7.315 meters
  • Four: An average depth of 3339 meters.
So, with our width of 7.315 being the distance it was pushed apart, the water in total was being pushed an average of (7.315 / 2) = 3.657 m/s.

Now, for it's mass-

3098590 * 7.315 * 3339 = 7.5682e+10 cubic meters,

Plug this in to the Kinetic Energy Calculator, and...

...5.19739e+14 Joules. Or, 124.221 Kilotons of TNT: Large Town level... ~1.24 times baseline, or about one-eight of Small City level.

I don't know what to say except that this sounded a lot more impressive on paper"

The other one was for Gill feat, but that one isnt existing anymore since the place it was calced at got shut down, big F to that one

So there you have it now, even if lets say it might be more higher then this, doubtful it goes to Island level or Mountain level, as i said you waste your time can we move on now?Last i remember there were other feats we could calc

Exept Gill's opening is viewed from several hundred meters of height and is WAY wider than 7 meters. The idea of not calculating a feat because a feat of the same type with COMPLETELY different measurements isn't above the best feat of the verse is ridiculous, especially when the SF profiles lack feats and often resort to exclusively scaling which is also usually fallacious and circular (Cody is Low 7-C by scaling to Rolento, who is Low 7-C by scaling to Poison and Guy, who are Low 7-C by scaling to Rolento and Cody, no feat even remotely in sight and no scaling to someone with an actualy Low 7-C feat). Having a concrete feat on Gill's profile, even if it's below the best feat he scales to, would do wonders in making the profile more reliable, especially since this feat of his is entirely casual. And again, Gill's feat is gonna be leaps above that and you can tell simply by looking at it.

Many characters rely on scaling overall and dont have feats done by themselves, like Necalli or Ken whom are scaling to Ryu for their tiers, Gill scales above Bison and being comparable to Akuma, that should make his justifications more then enough

Like it or not, that feat is a waste of time, which doesnt change anything, there are other feats that need a calc which were said here in this thread, you are obsessed with this feat too much and give it too much credit as well, even if wider and bigger measurements, the fact the feat is so low as it is for that makes it obvious its not worth it

Get.Over. It.

so in sfv it says urien is 6'5 so maybe we can compare gill's height to his? but then again it says that sagat is 7'5 and weighs 216 pounds so they clearly don't know what a height to weight ratio is and just plugged some numbers in so take that as you will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back