• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding FTL Kaido

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure u can also notice something as large as a cup moving at sonic speed, but u are not reacting.
Or u can react to a bullet train even though u can see the train?

Do u get the difference now?
What about this small laser luffy reacted to while down and looking down even while injured...

D_xPc1vW4AAfPeI

As much as I agree with Tempest. You're clearly wrong here. Like damage said, perception /=/ reaction my guy. There's a difference.
I already know that... But luffy is literally reacting to the moving laser beam and only the laser beam.... He was looking on the ground and then reacted to the beam...

I already know that... But luffy is literally reacting to the moving laser beam and only the laser beam.... He was looking on the ground and then reacted to the beam...
He's looking up from the ground, if he reacted he would've moved out of the way. Him simply perceiving the beam coming at him doesn't count as reacting. If you think that's reacting/reaction speed you're clearly wanking, he doesn't even dodge it, let alone move, instead he gets hit by it.

He's looking up from the ground, if he reacted he would've moved out of the way. Him simply perceiving the beam coming at him doesn't count as reacting. If you think that's reacting/reaction speed you're clearly wanking, he doesn't even dodge it, let alone move, instead he gets hit by it.
Because he is on the ground while injured 😐 of course he can't move when literally blood is comming out of his mouth and is down on the ground.. 😑 so he needs to dodge it to be able to react? 😑

Because he is on the ground while injured 😐 of course he can't move when literally blood is comming out of his mouth and is down on the ground.. 😑 so he needs to dodge it to be able to react? 😑
Yes, do you not understand the difference between what perceiving something is compared to what reacting is?
dqdqdqdqd.JPG

Not to mention that luffy doesn't even LOOK at the lightspeed beam, he just moves his head up and is still looking down. How is that reacting? If anything you can barely argue percieving.

dlqodkoqldkqodlq.JPG

Show me in which instance Luffy is responding to the lightspeed beam, where's his response? He literally has none if you look at the image, his head is still looking at the floor while he's heavily breathing. Not a reaction whatsoever. Also if you understood, you wouldn't continue to make the claim that it's reaction.

Katakuri intercept's luffy...
4.jpg
Shows a scan of Luffy perceiving Katakuri's attack.

Aight.

WeWe also know that base and 2nd gear luffy couldn't keep up with doflamingo which would make doflamingo FTL and Doflamingo couldn't react to gear 4th Boundman
012.jpg

We don't know how Doflamingo's Observation scales to Luffy's

Having better armamento does not equal having any other Haki better.

He literally looks up at the beam under the pic where he is looking at the ground...
So is this perceiving or reacting?
9.jpeg

He literally looks up at the beam under the pic where he is looking at the ground...
So is this perceiving or reacting?
9.jpeg
His body went up, but his face is still looking down, carefully re-inspect the picture. This would also be considered perceiving. He's not responding to the beam, he's just looking at it, which is NOT a response to the beam.

Last edited:
Shows a scan of Luffy perceiving Katakuri's attack.

Aight.
You do know that luffy reacted or perceived after katakuri stopped his hand... He didn't perceive or react beforehand... He did it after katakuri moved and katakuri didn't attack... He intercepted the attack from luffy....

@MonkeyOfLife; in that case, that would be perception.

In order to have a reaction speed, you'd have to be doing something in response to it. It's not just a matter of being aware of something within a brief timespan.

The page on Speed notes that a timeframe alone isn't enough to grant a reaction speed, you need a distance moved in response as well within a timeframe.

In order to have a reaction speed, you'd have to be doing something in response to it. It's not just a matter of being aware of something within a brief timespan.

The page on Speed notes that a timeframe alone isn't enough to grant a reaction speed, you need a distance moved in response as well within a timeframe.
Yee I know.. Luffy looked up at the beam when it was moving at him and could not dodge because he is injured....

Luffy moved his head up to the beam that's coming towards him is a reaction speed

Luffy moved his head up to the beam that's coming towards him is a reaction speed
Bro, we literally explained to you why that's perceiving, it's getting annoying how you keep repeating the same thing when we already explained to you why it's not a reaction, damage literally explained. Luffy is still sitting on the same spot, ALL he did was move his body up, not to mention his head is still looking on the floor, so he's not even looking at the beam when he's hit.

Bro, we literally explained to you why that's perceiving, it's getting annoying how you keep repeating the same thing when we already explained to you why it's not a reaction, damage literally explained, Luffy is still sitting on the same spot, ALL he did was move his body up, not to mention his head is still looking on the floor, so he's not even looking at the beam when he's hit.
But he literally isn't still looking at the ground tho...

But he literally isn't still looking at the ground tho...

D_xPc1vW4AAfPeI

Look at his head on the bottom right, his body is UPWARD, but his head is still facing downward, meaning he can't possibly have seen the beam coming at him unless he was looking up, which would be the direction of where it's coming from. Even IF he was looking at it, it would only be perception at best.

Bro luffy is literally looking up because of the beam only the beam... That's reaction tho
Prove it then. Where is he looking up? His body is up, but his head is facing downwards, why don't you prove it? And even if he is looking, it's not a reaction if he's not RESPONDING to the beam, he's just looking at the beam. He needs to travel, him looking up isn't a reaction even he was looking at the beam. You assuming that he would've dodged that if he wasn't injured is incorrect, because you have no way to prove that he would've regardless. You're repeating the same thing over without giving evidence.

If you shot above me and I look up then that's reaction
That's perceiving. If you DODGE the bullet then that's a reaction. If you stand still and just look and take it it's not. For example, I have gun and I'm about to shoot you with it, you can see the bullet coming, but you can't dodge it. That means you're TOO slow to dodge it. Meaning, you did NOT react in time to dodge it. In luffy's case you have no way to prove that he would've dodged it, not to mention that he wasn't even looking at it. If he reacted, he would've dodged it, and no he didn't, it hit him. I sent you the literal definiton of what a reaction is, where is the response? Luffy isn't responding, not to mention that even if he looked at the beam, that isn't considered reaction, it's just him perceiving what's coming at him.

D_xPc1vW4AAfPeI

Look at his head on the bottom right, his body is UPWARD, but his head is still facing downward, meaning he can't possibly have seen the beam coming at him unless he was looking up, which would be the direction of where it's coming from. Even IF he was looking at it, it would only be perception at best.
Bottom right luffy's head is above his shoulder while when he is looking down his head is under his shoulder... And he is looking above his shoulder because a beam is coming towards him...

That's perceiving. If you DODGE the bullet then that's a reaction. If you stand still and just look and take it it's not. For example, I have gun and I'm about to shoot you with it, you can see the bullet coming, but you can't dodge it. That means you're TOO slow to dodge it. Meaning, you did NOT react in time to dodge it. In luffy's case you have no way to prove that he would've dodged it, not to mention that he wasn't even looking at it. If he reacted, he would've dodged it, and no he didn't, it hit him. I sent you the literal definiton of what a reaction is, where is the response? Luffy isn't responding, not to mention that even if he looked at the beam, that isn't considered reaction, it's just him perceiving what's coming at him.
You don't need to dodge to react... If someone shots a gun on my right and I move me head to the right before it hits me is a reaction feat.. Even tho I die or survive...

Bottom right luffy's head is above his shoulder while when he is looking down his head is under his shoulder... And he is looking above his shoulder because a beam is coming towards him...
You got any way to prove that he looked him just because of a beam? He's not even looking at it in the bottom left panel. You need to prove that he is. On the right he's breathing heavily after getting hit. Sure, maybe he could've sensed it, but he clearly wasn't even looking at it with his head, so you still have no way to prove that he was looking at the beam. Not to mention he's running, and trying to save Ace, so why would he stay put on the ground for no reason? You would have to prove that he is looking at the beam, which we clearly see he's not, and like I said multiple times, even if he was it's not a reaction.

You got any way to prove that he looked him just because of a beam? He's not even looking at it in the bottom left panel. You need to prove that he is. On the right he's breathing heavily after getting hit. Sure, maybe he could've sensed it, but he clearly wasn't even looking at it with his head, so you still have no way to prove that he was looking at the beam. Not to mention he's running, and trying to save Ace, so why would he stay put on the ground for no reason? You would have to prove that he is looking at the beam, which we clearly see he's not, and like I said multiple times, even if he was it's not a reaction.
We can see he was looking at the beams direction when he got hit... Luffy reacted and got hit when he lifted his head up..

You don't need to dodge to react... If someone shots a gun on my right and I move me head to the right before it hits me is a reaction feat.. Even tho I die or survive...
It's not reaction. I sent you the definition of what a reaction is. IF you dodge it, then you reacted to it. Luffy didn't move his head at all, not to mention only his body is up. If someone shoots a gun on your right, and you move your head away from it, and attempt it, then yes it's reaction. From luffy, he doesn't even try moving, instead he's not even looking, and even if he was looking he didn't move his body at all, that's not considered a feat if he's not even attempting to dodge the beam, he would then only perceive it coming at him. You are getting confused with the definitions, and are continuing to repeat yourself over and over.

We can see he was looking at the beams direction when he got hit... Luffy reacted and got hit when he lifted his head up..
No, he's still looking at the ground regardless, we see that in the picture. Even if he was looking, it's not a reaction, it's perceiving something coming at him. He didn't even attempt dodging it, so no, it would not be reaction.

It's not reaction. I sent you the definition of what a reaction is. IF you dodge it, then you reacted to it. Luffy didn't move his head at all, not to mention only his body is up. If someone shoots a gun on your right, and you move your head away from it, and attempt it, then yes it's reaction. From luffy, he doesn't even try moving, instead he's not even looking, and even if he was looking he didn't move his body at all, that's not considered a feat if he's not even attempting to dodge the beam, he would then only perceive it coming at him. You are getting confused with the definitions, and are continuing to repeat yourself over and over.
He literally looks up because a beam is coming at him... He can't move his legs in time because he was recently put down by someone...

He literally looks up because a beam is coming at him... He can't move his legs in time because he was recently put down by someone...
Okay so even if I go along with that, do you have any proof he was going to dodge it? Why would it be considered a feat if we have no proof that he would've. You have zero proof, you can't use this as something to support him being FTL, as a feat. Him looking up would only be considered perceiving, if he never even attempted at dodging, let alone MOVING HIS HEAD. No proof that he was gonna dodge it, meaning you can't use it as a feat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back