• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Refia vs Gremmy

Gremmy is an idiot but if he doesn't imagine his death or that she is a monster with unlimited power. She'll definitely have a hard time killing him.

i don't much about refia so i'll assume it is 6A key :

reiatsu crush ?

if not then it get complicated for gremmy given her hax and resistances .

Yeah Gremmy normally does stupid stuff. Like "I imagine your bones are cookies" or something idiotic despite the versatility of his ability. So he'd likely imagine something in the realm of her resistence.

She can enter the world of darkness. The darkness inside of there erases everything (resistance to EE).

Reiatsu crush shouldnt be a problem.

EE asumes erasure of body, mind and soul.

So she is resistant to Soul Destruction.

So at least she wouldnt be insta killed.

resisting a particular hax doesn't mean she regened from it right ?

or did she got erased and then came back from it ?

Naeblis495 said:
resisting a particular hax doesn't mean she regened from it right ?

or did she got erased and then came back from it ?
Nope. Nothing of that happened.

also no EE doesn't mean body mind and soul automatically :

"

Existence Erasure is the simple power to remove something from existence, leaving nothing behind, a level of destruction beyond incineration, vaporization, and atomization. Rather than just reducing something to its constituent parts, this ability leaves absolutely nothing behind. Powerful enough uses of this ability can even erase the mind and soul, if not more fundamental aspects of one's existence, such as concepts.

This ability's destructive power is not absolute, and one should not assume that it can erase the soul by default. It can only be judged by what it has accomplished, and one's resistances to the ability can only be judged by the specific method by which this effect is achieved. The means vary from character to character, but the ability is often considered and listed as a subset of Void Manipulation, though it can certainly occur through the usage of other abilities."

I mean, if Gremmy wanted, he would likely be able to pull out her soul and stuff. Only just not outright destroy it.

Anyway:

Refia 1

Gremmy 0

@Naeblis

This darkness was supposed to erase 2 universes if let loose, leaving nothing behind. Which includes an afterlife (there are spirits, etc.). Its also a subset of a bigger 2-A Void. So...

that would like saying that resisting death manip mean you can't die .

i won't vote for now , i would like more opinions about the whole resisting EE mean you resist soul hax point of view because i'm not sure that's how it works .

Naeblis495 said:
that would like saying that resisting death manip mean you can't die .

i won't vote for now , i would like more opinions about the whole resisting EE mean you resist soul hax point of view because i'm not sure that's how it works .
I didnt say that.

I only argued her resisting Soul Destruction because she entered a place that should have destroyed hers. Destruction and nothing else. Which is the insta-death effect assumed in Reiatsu Crush.

my bad , i missunderstood then .

but i'm not exactly sure about the reiatsu being soul destruction either , at least not generally . In bleach , only the quincies are supposed to destroy souls and that's not via reiatsu anyway .

Naeblis495 said:
my bad , i missunderstood then .

but i'm not exactly sure about the reiatsu being soul destruction either , at least not generally . In bleach , only the quincies are supposed to destroy souls and that's not via reiatsu anyway .
Good thing Gremmy is a quincy. Just in case, she resists paralysis and confusion as status effects.

That still leaves all the debuffs it will apply even if she doesn't die from it. Gremmy also leads with death manip unless he gets baited by the strongest of X or sees his opponent has nothing that works on him. Kenny was a CIS fight of the former while his other RW against Yachiru was the latter, everyone else that wasn't his creation got death manip'd. I know its irrelevant but what does Refia return at him.

Stuff that Refia has that can defeat Gremmy:

Death = Death manipulation.

Black Hole = BFR

Warp = BFR

Raze = AoE Death manip.

Silence = Gremmy can no longer talk (mostly annoying for him, and may bait him).

Confuse = Minffuckery

Sleep = sleep.

Tornado = Gremmy is left on the verge of dying.

Meteor = a meteorite rain (bait)

Summoning is a wonderful bait for Gremmy, too.

She can speed up time, too. She also has a limited infomation analysis but I dont think its listed in her abilities (but it is in her notable attacks).

Also this: Provoke: Refia provokes her foe into targeting her, drawing them into a berserk rage while forcing them to lower their guard.

So... Votes?

Refia can mess up with Gremmy's mind can't she? From what I read in his profile, not having a proper train of thought can lead to his powers backfiring. It also mentions Gremmy doesn't use his abilities in the most efficient mannaer, but to what extent is that? I mean, how much does it take him to take out an opponent and such?

AP wise who's stronger? If the weaknesses are to go by, pressure can also hurt Gremmy's use of his abilities.

Apologies if the questions seem noobish, I only kept up with Bleach up until Byakuya's fight >_>

killing "Gremmy" won't stop his true form from functioning.

Death Manipluation = He can remove the image of his death.

BFR = Unless it's to a place that erases him on contact he'd just imagine himself back. his true form is a brain in a jar.

Silence = His abilities rely entirely on his thoughts.

Based off her profile i'll vote Gremmy via just imagining she's dead.

Hmm... I might be misremembering, so correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Gremmy's fight with Kenpachi started to go south for him when Ken's strength proved to be way beyond what he expected to the point he was unable to imagine something Ken couldn't cut? Given the tier difference, that could prove an issue for Gremmy here as well.

@Sigurd

I understand your points, but, as I said above, some of those attacks will just bait Gremmy into fighting her instead of disposing of her using hax.

Confusion may as well kill him since its mind manipulation that messes with the perception of reality.

Refia: 1

Gremmy: 1

unless that completely incaps him, why can't he imagine himself being fine?

An in character Gremmy will just drop her dead since he doesn't know her and won't have any reason to doubt he's the strongest.

Because he has never done that. Simple as that. We dont know if he can reverse mental attacks with his powers.

Refia does resist Death Manipulation and Existance Erasure, though. I can't speak for Gremmy's character, but those specifics effects shouldn't work and he'd have to resort to alternatives.

Small question, if Gremmy has the power to imagine himself back, what were the events in the story that made him stay dead after his defeat? Or it was one of Kenpachi's abilities?

PaChi2 said:
Because he has never done that. Simple as that. We dont know if he can reverse mental attacks with his powers.
His power is his imagination, why wouldn't he be able to? it's not like he's busting the earth which requires actual power.

His power is his imagination, why wouldn't he be able to? it's not like he's busting the earth which requires actual power.

Because its a move that affects his perception of reality, affects the brain functions, and affects his ability to use his mental powers. Basically, he loses control of his powers.

Its not like his psyche is untouched, it's like being drunk.

Back