• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucius Zogratis VS Gremmy Thoumeaux

• Starting Distance: 10m
  • Both in-character
  • Equalized speed

Lucius: 8 (@Westcoast5005, @Killerdrone123, @Epsilon_R, @zeinx, @Arnoldstone18, @Quantu, @Joshyyy_64, @LIFE_OF_KING)
Gremmy: 15 (@EldemadeDityjon, @Spectra_Schiffer, @Excel616, @Patates, @Mamaroza, @Kidoxd, @Arc7Kuroi, @Hellscream, @Arcker123, @Valeska24, @The_Axiom_of_Virgo, @Purgy, @KazuiK, @Crobatman44, @KingogKings777)
Inconclusive: 2 (@Lynieryz, @Kazuma_kuwabara)

Last edited:
It seems inconclusive, both start with a hax[Time Stop & Death through RW] that ends the battle.

Incon FRA 🚂💨

What exactly stops Gremmy from thinking and killing Lucius before Lucius can stop time. Since, from what I remember about Julius's Time Magic, the orbs which stop time aren't created by thoughts, and are instead created through gestures. An action which inherently requires more time to fully complete compared to just a simple thought.

I also believe the orbs can be dodged but it's been so long since I read through Black Clover, so I can't really say if they can or cannot.

What exactly stops Gremmy from thinking and killing Lucius before Lucius can stop time. Since, from what I remember about Julius's Time Magic, the orbs which stop time aren't created by thoughts, and are instead created through gestures. An action which inherently requires more time to fully complete compared to just a simple thought.

I also believe the orbs can be dodged but it's been so long since I read through Black Clover, so I can't really say if they can or cannot.
Mana zone. Gestures aren't needed and there's no way for gremmy to stop that because he has no resistance to time stop and on top of it, it's not in character for gremy to start with thinking Lucius dead and to top it off again, no precognition or future sight from gremy. Lucius has more win cons

it's not in character for gremy to start with thinking Lucius dead and to top it off again
This is a complete misunderstanding of Gremmy's character. It's explicitly noted how Gremmy crushing his opponents with hax is how he normally fights, and this is shown with Guaneal Lee.

He only doesn't do this to Kenpachi because Kenny invigorates him to fight to prove his strength, not just to win. Kenny is a plot explained outlier that isn't indicitave of Gremmy's standard tactics. He would use his thought based insta win hax here.
no precognition or future sight from gremy. Lucius has more win cons
This doesn't matter. Lucius just doesn't have a wincon faster than thinking, so at best it's inconclusive.

This is a complete misunderstanding of Gremmy's character. It's explicitly noted how Gremmy crushing his opponents with hax is how he normally fights, and this is shown with Guaneal Lee.

He only doesn't do this to Kenpachi because Kenny invigorates him to fight to prove his strength, not just to win. Kenny is a plot explained outlier that isn't indicitave of Gremmy's standard tactics. He would use his thought based insta win hax here.

This doesn't matter. Lucius just doesn't have a wincon faster than thinking, so at best it's inconclusive.
Fax

At this point, a standard tactics section should be created for Gremmy's profile. I hate him, but an explanation has to be provided in every single thread involving him; His first action is EE or Death hax.

Starting Distance is 10m?
Gremmy can imagine, and Lucius will be out of existence instantaneously, leaving Lucius with no opportunity to use his timestop. It's Close But I'm Voting Gremmy. I would go with thought of Lucius getting erased works faster than whatever Lucius does with time stop activation.

It's a 12 vs 1, gremmy can even erase 1 Lucius but will have 11 more to deal with, without prior knowledge Lucius will just teleport to a melee distance and will use his Time hax,Lucius also has an advantage with his precognition and can devise the best ways to deal with gremmy years before the fight even takes place.

It's a 12 vs 1, gremmy can even erase 1 Lucius but will have 11 more to deal with,
Can u further explain this cloning thing?

He can kill multiple people with his Death manipulation as shown with Rose and Kensei. There's no reason to think this counters Gremmy just thinking him dead.
without prior knowledge Lucius will just teleport to a melee distance and will use his Time hax
Wouldn't be faster than Gremmy thinking and erasing or death haxing

1 thought > 2 thoughts (Assuming the teleportation and time hax are even activated by thoughts).
Lucius also has an advantage with his precognition and can devise the best ways to deal with gremmy years before the fight even takes place.
On profile his precog doesn't seem able to do this (and this would just be prep anyway)
  • Precognition: (Lucius has the ability to see into the future to help him dodge attacks and plan around the movements of his opponent, which also allows him to predict the incoming future events. His future sight abilities leagues far beyond Julius's as Lucius can see years ahead into the future of more than twenty thousand alternative worlds)
How does this counter thought based win con at the start of the match?

Wasn't Gremmys first move gouging Guenael's shoulder or am I misremembering? Otherwise I can't see Lucius winning

Starting Distance is 10m?
Gremmy can imagine, and Lucius will be out of existence instantaneously, leaving Lucius with no opportunity to use his timestop. It's Close But I'm Voting Gremmy. I would go with thought of Lucius getting erased works faster than whatever Lucius does with time stop activation.
Counted.

Does Grammy have knowledge of Lucius clones if not I don’t see a way he can win. Cause Gremmy would be cut of guard my Lucius clones after he kills the first one.

Tbh I'm sure that just like Passives, the character that is originally faster has the priority when both abilities are thought based

Regardless, the real Lucius stands outside of the battlefield and let his clone(s) do the fighting.

So even if he kills a clone, he won't expect the other 11, let alone the real one to show up.

Voting Lucius.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back