• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gremmy Thoumeaux vs Ji Ning - Battle for 4th Strongest High 6-A (Non-Smurf)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just told you that he erased an abstract being out of existence with nonexistent physiology.

They're talking about his "imagine you dead" death hax, which is just normal death hax, but that's not his existence erasure.
Edited the comment, I meant death-hax.

Anything special about the EE?

Edit: Sorry, death hax I mean.
It's soul based, pretty generic otherwise.
It leaves behind blood spatter / mild gore, so I guess Ji Ning can do his trick of regenerating from a drop of blood according to his profile.

EDIT: Never mind. I see you meant Death Hax.
Not really? We see no blood or gore on the floor afterwards.

And it wouldn't make any sense for it to not erase entirely when Guenael's existence is reliant on Gremmy imagining it, which he ceases to do.

We just saw the initial explosion of "his body" but there was nothing shown to be left, no blood on the floor/ walls etc.

OK, so based on everything, the way I see this going;

- Gremmy starts with Death Manipulation and Ning can use concept lock as a soul then finish him off with either Danmaku or try to possess him afterwards. Not yet talked about.

- Gremmy starts with Existence Erasure and destroys Ning's physical body. His Primaltwin hides himself from their memory and uses his Domain to lock him in place and do the above. Still in debate.

-Gremmy starts with anything else and Ning has a field day via oneshotting. Though, apparently the chances of this are very tiny.

Ning has precognition that allows him to know that Gremmy is an extremely life threatening being so that'd help towards his response at least. And Gremmy admittedly stands a very decent chance at killing him permanently if he messes up anywhere.

Overall, I'd still vote for Ji Ning winning this, albeit with very close odds.

- Gremmy starts with Death Manipulation and Ning can use concept lock as a soul then finish him off with either Danmaku or try to possess him afterwards. Not yet talked about.
I'm confused, how does Ji Ning pull this off if his soul is dead?

It kills souls? Huh, my mistake there.

In that case, I'd put it as either a lot closer for Ning or Inconclusive.
It's a bit weird because everyone relevant in Bleach is a soul, so using death hax on them = using death hax against souls.

Seems to me like it goes inconclusive, both are likely to start with a valid wincon.

Gremmy can seemingly kill Ji Ning with death manip which is debatably his go to move and Ji Ning can seemingly concept lock Gremmy which is his go to move.

I vote for inconclusive assuming Ji Ning really can't do anything about soul death
If the mechanism is just "lol, ya soul died", he really can't.

Course Ji Ning wins via actually getting bitches

I mean it really depends on how many soul resistance layers Ning has, if he's to resist Soul Death.

Im pretty sure bleach has a lot more than 10 layers, but i don't think a CRT has been created for exactly how many yet.

Wouldn't Ji Ning specifically need resistance to soul based death manipulation? I don't see why soul resistance would be generalized to absolutely everything targeting the soul when it's the mechanics of how it affects the soul that also matter.

Like, I really doubt we'd say that a character who has soul resistance from resisting their soul being sucked out also has resistance to soul based EE, death manip, mind manip, transmutation, power mimicry etc.

Last edited:
Like, I really doubt we'd say that a character who has soul resistance from resisting their soul being sucked out also has resistance to soul based EE, death manip, mind manip, transmutation, power mimicry etc.
most based take on vs threads

So, if Ji Ning gets hit with soul death not even his Primaltwin can do anything?
Nah, his Primaltwin would survive just fine.

......Wait a minute. If Gremmy starts with death-hax then the strategy with the Primaltwin still applies lile with his EE. I have no clue how I missed that.

Changing my vote back to Ji Ning in that case.

It's not really fair to use that fight as an argument for how Gremmy would actually fight, he wanted to unequivocally prove that he was completely superior to Kenpachi, he doesn't even know who Ji Ning is or have any reason to care about proving himself against him.

Gremmy's first ever moves are death manip and EE, the order is debatable.
Would just like to say on this, if he only has the one fight then that's all you can really use to draw from how Gremmy will fight. It's not unfair to use it as a basis for how he'll fight when you have no other sources to rely on. Either that's usuable or Gremmy himself can't really be used for VsBattles

Would just like to say on this, if he only has the one fight then that's all you can really use to draw from how Gremmy will fight. It's not unfair to use it as a basis for how he'll fight when you have no other sources to rely on. Either that's usuable or Gremmy himself can't really be used for VsBattles
That's not even remotely true as characters who have never even fought are used in Vsbattles all the time.

Fact is that Gremmy vs Kenpachi was context heavy, he's not fighting that way against a character he doesn't know and has nothing to prove against.

The difference here is that Gremmy has fought before, not that he hasn't ever. If you're going to bother having him in-character, then drawing from his fight only makes sense cause its there. We have a source of accuracy to go off of, to just ignore it in this case doesn't make sense since we have nothing else to go off of.

The difference here is that Gremmy has fought before, not that he hasn't ever. If you're going to bother having him in-character, then you should drawing from his fight only makes sense cause its there. Cause we have a source of accuracy to go off of, to just ignore it in this case doesn't make sense since we have nothing else to go off of.
No it does not make sense to use his fight with Kenpachi as I and other have clearly highlighted, you can disagree with that which is fine, but I don't.

Big Dick Ning FRA, the primaltwin shenanigans as well as other reasoning honestly makes me lean towards him.

If Ji Ning can continue after soul death and EE then yeah he stomps as those are Gremmy's only two ways of winning really.

No it does not make sense to use his fight with Kenpachi as I and other have clearly highlighted, you can disagree with that which is fine, but I don't.
But it's okay to already have him with a clone out, which he would only use if he needed to get more power to take on his opponent? If Gremmy is starting with the clone in play, then cleary Ji Ning warrants the greater power. As long as they're in-character, it's not like Gremmy would just have the clone out as far as we know.

So instead of throwing out literally the entire thing that gives us most of what we have for Gremmy in terms of all we know about him, it should clearly make sense to use that fight as a source to understand how he fights.

But it's okay to already have him with a clone out, which he would only use if he needed to get more power to take on his opponent? If Gremmy is starting with the clone in play, then cleary Ji Ning warrants the greater power. As long as they're in-character, it's not like Gremmy would just have the clone out as far as we know.

So instead of throwing out literally the entire thing that gives us most of what we have for Gremmy in terms of all we know about him, it should clearly make sense to use that fight as a source to understand how he fights.
When did I say Gremmy has a clone out?

It's completely unfair to Gremmy to use his fight with Kenpachi when it's blatantly obvious he wouldn't fight that way against someone he doesn't know and has nothing to prove to...so yes it shouldn't be considered in a fight where the context is vastly different.

It's not even like Gremmy's mindset is otherwise unknown anyway, his first ever moves were to imagine two guys dead and EE Guenael.

It's completely unfair to Gremmy to use his fight with Kenpachi when it's blatantly obvious he wouldn't fight that way against someone he doesn't know and has nothing to prove to...so yes it shouldn't be considered in a fight where the context is vastly different.

It's not even like Gremmy's mindset is otherwise unknown anyway, his first ever moves were to imagine two guys dead and EE Guenael.
Isn't unfair to any opponent to assume that Gremmy automatically goes for a erasing when he only stops imagining things he makes, and the only people he insta-killed were bedridden and out of commision? Otherwise, with Kenpachi and Yachiru he did not immediately go for the kill. There is no precedent set for him to insta-kill someone just standing right in front of him.

Edit: His profile itself notes he's HIgh 6-A with his clones. Not that he's just High 6-A by himself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back