• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Refia vs Gremmy

He lost to Kenpachi to wank up Kenpachi.

By all logic he had every way to kill him when he already had numerous ways to take out the others, but lost due to plot reasons. And mainly being convinced to go on a raw power vs raw power match. But yeah plot.

His literal first moves against enemies that didn't hype themselves up to be the strongest and mock Gremmy was to turn their skeleton into cookies and to literally cast death on them.

Gonna vote Gremmy FRA too.

He didn't even go "raw power vs raw power" at one point he had him stuck in water to suffocate him. At another he BFRed him to space to affect his whole body, internal and external.

Okay, uh... long ass post, I apologize in advance, but my two cents:

Took a quick read at Gremmy and Kenpachi's fight, and while I don't disagree that from a writing standpoint it could have been handled better, the way Gremmy was defeated actually does seem to fall more into his own personal mental shortcomings and flaws than anything, more especifically overconfidence.

I mean, when Kenpachi challenged him he did seem eager to amuse himself, he did choose to try to overwhelm Kenpachi with sheer power as if to show him up, was unable to imagine a level of destruction that could overwhelm Ken thinking whatever he came up with always would be enough, when pressured his imagination and confidence to imagine positive outcomes started to falter.

It doesn't come as him being a fool, rather as being too sure of himself and his admitedly overpowered ability. And that's the issue, Refia due to the tier difference has much more raw power than Kenpachi had, but more importantly she can actually resist many of the immediate effects Gremmy has though of with the Visionary; Instant Death, being erased from existance, and even turned into cookies (it's not properly detailed in her profile, but her resistance to Status Effects includes Transmutation). If Gremmy tries to simply dispatch Refia he isn't unlikely to come across an effect that doesn't work on her, if he tries to simply overwhelm her she can surpass many of the scenarios he thinks of and all of this will slowly crack Gremmy's confidence.

Gremmy also chose to engage Kenpachi because he thought Kenpachi was strong, so a fight isn't that unlikely either. And let's not forget Refia's abilities which, aside from Confusion, may not leave a permanent effect on Gremmy, can still help her fight back offensives thought by him and her sheer destructive power may intimidate him similarly to how Kenpachi did.

He did seem to be in an unstable mental condition. Kenpachi indirectly challenging him to a fight of brutes and he went along with it. Nothing Kenpachi did could've done would truly killed him either. That doesn't take away all the stupid decisions though. Another victim of bad writing.

Yeah honestly. Gremmy was a being of haxx, and Kenpachi was being so flauntful of his abilities and chose to tackle him head on, not trying to be impressed or anything. It really was kinda both, but at the same time Kenpachi really egged him on and Gremmy made a lot of stupid decisions when he already made smart ones beforehand. It's like trying to upshow an ant who's just really flaunting when his specialty is haxx.

If I remember, my friend who has access to the novels claims he was more rational? I'll have to check in with him.

Gremmy was a favorite of mine too sigh. Dangit Kubo.

Friend was unclear on it, doesn't seem like much to change.

Though I still think Gremmy won't go onto a 1v1 fite me match that Kenpachi had set up with BS. Kenpachi didn't just have to goad him into a fight, but rather somehow make himself strong and not show any fear or worry at all. War focused Gremmy already dispatched Yachiru and the other two shinigamis. Only started his loss the moment he started getting convinced with how Kenpachi acted that he was a true monster.

Heck if he waited for Kenpachi to keel over instead of transforming into NotKenpachi he would've been just fine.

Back