• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rebirth Superman and World Forger Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
If those Twitter statements align with the actual story I suppose Superman didn’t destroy a multiverse. The only feat here would be defeating the World Forger
This has been brought up before like twice, pretty sure both Matt and Elizio countered that. I'm pretty neutral but AerrowStorm does make a good point.

Superman didn't defeat World Forger. He knocked him down and then he got back up afterwards with no significant damage.

Superman didn't defeat World Forger. He knocked him down and then he got back up afterwards with no significant damage.
Go read that comics again and return. I've seen your past activities in this wiki and i think you got beefs with comic book characters. Especially DC/marvel.

Last edited:
I see your point,but it dosent mean people should be biased on them. Despite how we know how some other franchise exceeds them.

All my manga and anime friends don't read comics but only death metal made them to start reading comics.
The first comics I read should be in 2007/2008 when my uncle got me an avengers comics.
Anime should also be around that same year also( I started watching naruto,dragon ball and pokemon and later bakugan).

He gave him a black eye and WF was even afraid that Superman could kill him.
So we're saying that Superman going all out with multiple sun-amps giving WF a black eye is 2-A? I've read the story and I don't recall the 2nd thing you said, do you have a scan?

Go read that comics again and return.
I have read the comic, if you have an argument to make, feel free to do so.

I've seen your past activities in this wiki and i think you got beefs with comic book characters. Especially DC/marvel.
Comic book characters are the only characters I know much about in terms of battleboarding. I don't have beef with them at all, and I loathe the notion that being a fan of a verse or character means you should be arguing for as high as possible a rating for them.

So we're saying that Superman going all out with multiple sun-amps giving WF a black eye is 2-A? I've read the story and I don't recall the 2nd thing you said, do you have a scan?
He one shotted him.
Comic book characters are the only characters I know much about in terms of battleboarding. I don't have beef with them at all, and I loathe the notion that being a fan of a verse or character means you should be arguing for as high as possible a rating for them
I haven't seen anyone wank any comic book character without scans of what he/she saying.

Sorry about my English.

So we're saying that Superman going all out with multiple sun-amps giving WF a black eye is 2-A?
Sure unless you make a CRT to downgrade him, that said his current justification would probably make him 2-C since AM and Monitor are getting downgraded, although he'd still be 2-A for withstanding an attack from Superman who just bust a multiverse and there might be other tier 2 feats for him in the comic.
I've read the story and I don't recall the 2nd thing you said, do you have a scan?
I've got this from Ehnkr2beboh. That said I'd interpret it differently than he did, my interpretion would be that WF still sees Superman as a threat, that he's capable of foiling his plan and as a result Perpetua (I think, maybe it's the Hands?) would kill all of them.

There is no difference to a portuguese speaker, even if I translate what u said (I did) the translation is literally the same, whats the difference?
He means that knocking someone down can be done by tackling someone. Like you could knock down Mike Tyson if you throw your entire body weight on his legs, but you sure as hell ain't knocking him out.

he'd still be 2-A for withstanding an attack from Superman who just bust a multiverse
Superman didn't bust a multiverse, see my comment in the last page, the reason the Multiverse was destroyed was because World Forger was prevented from striking his hammer. Likewise, knocking someone down doesn't scale you to their durability if you didn't cause them any significant lasting damage.

I've got this from Ehnkr2beboh. That said I'd interpret it differently than he did, my interpretion would be that WF still sees Superman as a threat, that he's capable of foiling his plan and as a result Perpetua (I think, maybe it's the Hands?) would kill all of them.
Yeah the implication there is certainly that if Superman interferes, the Judges will destroy them all. He repeats this notion after Superman prevents the finishing of his multiverse saying "There's no way to turn the Multiverse towards Justice in time for the Judges to see"

There is no difference to a portuguese speaker, even if I translate what u said (I did) the translation is literally the same, whats the difference?
Knocking someone out means hitting them so hard that they are unconscious. Knocking someone down means they simply fall over.

Exactly what happened
If he were completely defeated he wouldn't have gotten up moments later.
Well, he's coughing, I don't think that adds anything significant beyond knocking him down.

Superman didn't bust a multiverse, see my comment in the last page
Elizio countered, take it up with him.
Likewise, knocking someone down doesn't scale you to their durability if you didn't cause them any significant lasting damage.
Superman caused damage, that's all that's relevant here. Heck usually any amount of damage can (down)scale you from someone considering you'll both be within the same tier most of the time (or the tier right under that in 3D). But with Supes he probably upscales from WF instead of downscaling.
there is certainly that if Superman interferes, the Judges will destroy them all
Ok so a 2-A sees Superman as a threat rather than as a fly he can just swat away.

It's pretty blatant that some form of damage was inflicted.
Is dealing any amount of damage to a being enough to scale your AP to their durability?
Elizio countered, take it up with him.
No he didn't.
Ok so a 2-A sees Superman as a threat rather than as a fly he can just swat away.
Sure? We know Superman was capable of interfering since he literally interfered. That's why he tried to convince Batman to move the suns away from Clark.

This discussion is also kinda irrelevant soon considering WF's gonna get downgraded probably (not sure though since he has more than just scaling to the other Monitor brothers) so in fact what you need to argue is that since WF still got up after Superman punched him, that he also scales to 2-A since Superman didn't oneshot him.

Is dealing any amount of damage to a being enough to scale your AP to their durability?
Within reason and depending on context, yes. Slamming into someone hard enough to actually cause pain is more than enough.

in fact what you need to argue is that since WF still got up after Superman punched him, that he also scales to 2-A since Superman didn't oneshot him.
How does WF not being oneshot by Superman make him 2-A if the justification for Superman being 2-A is based on him knocking down WF?

Slamming into someone hard enough to actually cause pain is more than enough.
Very well.

How does WF not being oneshot by Superman make him 2-A if the justification for Superman being 2-A is based on him knocking down WF?
I literally said Anti-Monitor's getting downgraded right before that and then implied that we'd have to reverse the scaling.

He said the multiverse was stable.
The editor said it wasn't, and WF never said it was either.

Ok so this backs up that him hurting WF is legit since he wouldn't ought him capable of interfering if he couldn't hurt him or destroy the multiverse.
This is circular logic. WF knowing that Superman was capable of doing what he did, isn't itself a separate justification. The action is the justification, which is what the discussion should revolve around, not WF predicting it.

I literally said Anti-Monitor's getting downgraded right before that.
...that's not a response to what I'm saying.

It looks like a short term damage. I don't understand why it scales to 2-A.
Any damage means you bypassed his durability with your strength. It doesn't have to be lasting harm.
Does the Wiki have an explanation page for this?
Not really, since it's pretty straightforward. I guess you can read the Durability and Attack Potency pages?

The editor said it wasn't, and WF never said it was either.
WF did according to Elizio, as such primary canon > WoG.
WF knowing that Superman was capable of doing what he did, isn't itself a separate justification
It means it's not PIS.
...that's not a response to what I'm saying.
Read what I said again, then read World Forger's page, then come back and you'll realize what I said makes sense.

This is from the wiki page on Powerscaling under the "Examples of Viable Powerscaling" page:

Character A has a City level feat. Character B lost to Character A, yet still put up a considerable fight, was able to harm him and clearly made Character A exert effort into defeating Character B, then it is safe to assess that Character B has City level Attack Potency and Durability as well.

I suppose then the question becomes whether this one punch knocking WF down would be considered harm or a considerable fight, since if World Forger were not dismayed by the crumbling of his multiverse he most likely would've stood back up and had no trouble instagibbing the league.

WF did according to Elizio, as such primary canon > WoG.
Elizio did not say that WF said the multiverse was stable.

It means it's not PIS.
No one was arguing that it was.

Read what I said again, then read World Forger's page, then come back and you'll realize what I said makes sense.
If you aren't going to form an argument then drop the point. Telling someone to read something is not an argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back