• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

READ THE OP. The Main Revisions: 2 (This is a Naruto thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As pointed out on the last thread it's Úÿ▓ÒüÉ which can also mean avoid or avert

Didn't someone translate it? Idk who the name was but they said that there was a mistranslation (he said he was Japanese or he can understand it)

They said no one can block it because it's supposed to be too fast so if he is fast enough to evade then the attack can be blocked, so it does contradict itself. Kep still right.

You can't make a solid counter to prove Naruto was directly in front of Madara, and you can't make a solid counter to Madara's headswing which is most likely what happened based the argument presented above by multiple people.

This whole thing is based on headcanon and a lot of assumptions, and anime (which isn't canon).

Im sorry but that's a poor counterargument when someone uses the "it said it can't be blocked" when some of the databook is used for exaggeration and to entice readers of it but if ya really wanna go there then Naruto dodging something that is meant to "be impossible to dodge" means that he did the impossible and dodge it so yeah for that

@Omini

We need to ask him to see translation again then

why still bringing this up

u are going to chose avoid/avert to disagree

and we are going to say its block/prevent

see that will not end well

I think if the translation is vague, it is still fine.

To block OR dodge, you still need to be relativistic or higher in speed. We are talking about Naruto dodging.

It is a distraction on a simple question.

"Did naruto dodge this and fit into the scaling chain?"

Well, I am unsure but I think personally, it is fine.

I have to agree with the opposing side, I think it's rather asinine to assume that Naruto had dodged the beam itself whenever it's much easier to dodge the head swing, saying otherwise strikes me as downplay of Naruto's intelligence. I think Naruto is more than competent enough to realize that dodging the head swing rather than the beam itself would be much easier and less dangerous than dodging the beam itself. I also see that the anime is being used as evidence however that's a non factor and irrelevant to the discussion at hand considering how the anime isn't cano and therefore can't be used to support the claim that Naruto dodged the beam rather than the head swing. The amount of assumptions you need to make to assume that Naruto dodged the beam itself requires much less assumptions than Naruto dodging the head swing which is supported by the art, more specifically the lines on Madara's face and the fact that they weren't standing directly face to face with each other. As for the speed for the Light Fang I'll save it for a separate discussion since I have multiple issues with it being rated as Light Speed despite there being strong evidence against that, however I'll respect the OP of the threads wish not to discuss the speed of the Light Fang here. In short, the side that's disagreeing with the side that's arguing that Naruto dodged the beam requires less assumptions and is supported by factual evidence given to us by the Manga.

I also see that the anime is being used as evidence however that's a non factor and irrelevant to the discussion at hand considering how the anime isn't cano and therefore can't be used to support the claim that Naruto dodged the beam rather than the head swing.

bold irrelevant to vswiki

Explain to me how it's irrelevant. The anime isn't canon, thus it can't be used. Unless I'm mistaken this wiki doesn't use non canon mediums whenever there's canon material already available to use. If the anime isn't canon and isn't consistent with it's Canon counterpart such as the Manga then there's no reason to use it. Replying to me by saying "Bold is irrelevant to vs wiki" sounds a lot like a Proof by Assertion Fallacy to me which is hardly a proper way to debate.

U can use anime for details in something that u wouldn't be able to tell when it comes to manga on movement. Same how we used Jellal Sema to deduced where it came from in the anime that's non canon. Literally we r deducing what's happening with Naruto and LS since it's movement then against a stilled image. This isn't even that hard to figure out people

The Anime for Fairy Tail should be used as Canon material given the fact that Hiro himself is apart of the new anime and has heavy involvement. Trying to compare the two cases is a Golden Mean Fallacy due to being two different cases. Again, the anime isn't canon and shouldn't be used as supportive evidence whenever it goes against the source material. You cannot argue that you have the ability to use something that's non canon to support your claim, it's one or the other. Otherwise it's incredibly inconsistent and it's cherry picking at its finest.

Since when was Hiro a part of the anime when Jellal used Sema in GMG? again u can used this for details for something as such like movement compared to an image since we have done this to FT anime (not the 2014 ver.)

Again this isn't hard to figure out. It's literally the same thing that's happens in manga and in anime

Once more, no you can't. That's the very definition of cherry picking the anime isn't canon ergo it can't be used for supportive evidence whenever it goes against the main medium of canon material such as the Manga. You're right, it's not hard to figure out that this is cherry picking at it's finest. Anyhow, I can already see this circling back and forth so I'm gonna end this discussion with you.

Once more, yes you can. If FT can do it then so can Naruto even then the scene for LF in manga and anime r identical it's not even funny. Thank u for saying I'm right, since none of this is cherry picking and if others can do it then so can this series though all we r doing is seeing something from a better light of a poison of something in animation then an image. Yeah this will be circling back and forth so we should end this

Paul Frank said:
Why is every arguement always

"Oh but this verse did it so why can't my verse"

For what it's worth I agree with this despite the comparison BlakeJan made being a false comparison. Regardless two wrongs obviously don't make a right, I still stick to my arguments that the anime shouldn't be used to support a instance in the Manga.

Paul Frank said:

Cause if others can do it then why isn't it fair that something Lee can do the same???

Like is it fair that someone gets the credit for an assignment but u don't even though u out the same amount of work into it?

@Prince

It ain't no false comparison what? 😂

Paul Frank said:

Please stop you know damn well there has been more arguments on their thread

Also we use anime for case by case situations like this. Anyone else who is saying no just doesn't know what they're talking about

VersusJunkie54 said:
Hasn't this been debunked so many times?
Indeed, so much so that a rule was made against it.

Ant gave permission for this to be discussed again, but it doesn't look like much progress has been made.

u wouldnt call it debunked when it was always debunked cuz of miss-translation

and by calling it outlier

would u?

Dang crazy people really tryna use a mistranslation with debunked arguments when it's a mistranslation ƒñªÔÇìÔÖé´©Å

The issue here is that people see Naruto's heaband strips as being on the left side of Naruto's head, when in reality it's actually BEHIND his head. That's why they assume it was a slice entirely when it was cut, as the rod was too far on the right in that panel. And even then, that wasn't the rod's original position.

now lets drop anything that has nothing to do with this thread

we are moving way from actual topic

It's impressive! They say that Anime is not canon and can not be used for "do not agree with the Manga" ... But no one has so far proven why reasons and circumstances Madara would do a headswing, when it would be much easier to kill him with the technique in yes and mainly, because he would throw the technique in the emptiness a few inches from his face. As Tata said, any argument can be taken into account for both sides, headswing and dodge. The difference is that one completely ignores common sense and logic (and even some context) while the other simply can not be proven (without Anime).

The Anime literally did not contradict anything that is in the manga (and even adapted Naruto a little bowed to Madara [in which Kep both argued in favor of it]).

Guess Light Fang has passive cutting aura. Makes perfect sense for something supposedly fired towards the center of Naruto's head and then swung to the left to somehow manage to slice both the right and left top sides of the headband. Not.

Leaving the unnhelpful sarcasm aside, literally zero evidence of a dodge except non-canon anime. The anime will never be a valid source against the manga. Sorry.

Well, since we love to extrapolate on scans so much...

8E42D5C4-38C7-4E23-A344-59FF533B0780
Oh? A piece of Naruto's headband seems to have already been separated, or maybe that's just the energy from his body?

Multiple interpretations can be derived from the Manga scans which can lead you to believe that he either dodged the swing or the beam. I wanted to make a long comment comparing the arguments on both ends in order to conclude that there wasn't enough information in the manga to [With high certainty] support both ends and that an outside source which didn't contradict the source material had to be used to come to a definite conclusion. However, if the Anime is never used under any circumstances, I guess it would just be a waste of time.

ScreenShot 20190516042944
even anime shows us that his headband energy was cut
same as manga so the problem here?

so even u are going to use non-cano word to prove something

then why even allow that in first place

as Admin u shouldn't have this

its not like we are going against wiki rules

wiki allows that so why would u guys keep writing non-cano

if u have problem with that then make crt to change that

we are not going against wiki rules

its u guys who going against wiki rules by doing that

Status