• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

READ THE OP. The Main Revisions: 2 (This is a Naruto thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They seem unaligned right?

Drawing a line connecting either of the two towels on the first picture is impossible, so no, they are neither aligned nor unaligned there. This doesn't offer any perspective or evidence in Madara/Naruto's case.

i am not expert enough to argue with u so i will let other to handle it lol

but i have a question about bold

ninjutsu used by those who gained the six paths power, they emit a beam of light to bisect the enemy. Like a sharp and pointed fang,it cuts all things with the speed of light, making it impossible for the enemy to block even one swing.

bold not working for some reason lol my question about this last part from db

it cuts all things with the speed of light, making it impossible for the enemy to block even one swing.

does this put madara's head swing speed = lf or nah

Omimi said:
we cant even see his mouth so that's wrong

we can only see his 30% of his head which is impossible tell where he was facing in that scene

in this panel it can seen clearly that madara was looking at naruto straight eye to eye
No, you can't see anything. This is a two-dimensional, faraway shot that can't be used to argue literally anything on the matter, nor determine whether they are eye-to-eye or if Madara's head is tilted. This is the same thing as me taking a picture from two airplanes passing each other and concluding that they're facing straight on a collision course with each other, when in fact they're several miles away from each other and it's just the fact they're so far away and large that makes it appear they're intersecting.

This is the problem. Y'all using completely inconclusive scans like this one to try and "disprove" more conclusive evidence on the matter.

This doesn't offer any perspective or evidence in Madara/Naruto's case.

I would argue that is does offer perspective because the positions of the two towels are representative of Madara's position in relation to Naruto's. The "Naruto" towel is at a slightly higher vantage point than the "Madara" towel, similarly, Naruto was at a higher vantage point when facing Madara in that scan. If they were directly facing each other in that moment, then I've shows that it's possible to obtain that same angle that makes it appear as if Madara was slightly facing Naruto's right side.

Drawing a line connecting either of the two towels on the first picture is impossible, so no, they are neither aligned nor unaligned there.

If this is the case, then you likewise can't draw a line connecting Naruto and Madara meaning that they are neither aligned nor unaligned there as well. Thankfully, the panel afterward shows us that they were facing each other directly.

Except for the fact that Kishi literally drew a side of, as in, half, of Madara's face. Implying that he's facing straight. That's clearly the intent here.

> I would argue that is does offer perspective because the positions of the two towels are representative of Madara's position in relation to Naruto's. The "Naruto" towel is at a slightly higher vantage point than the "Madara" towel, similarly, Naruto was at a higher vantage point when facing Madara in that scan.

No, it isn't. The perspective of the image isn't even the same between the two shots you're trying to compare, as anyone can see for themselves.

> If this is the case, then you likewise can't draw a line connecting Naruto and Madara meaning that they are neither aligned nor unaligned there as well.

False, as I did just that.

> Thankfully, the panel afterward shows us that they were facing each other directly.

It doesn't show any such thing. It is a faraway perspective that has absolutely no reference frame and can't be used to either prove nor disprove anything.

JohnHendrix212 said:
Except for the fact that Kishi literally drew a side of, as in, half, of Madara's face. Implying that he's facing straight. That's clearly the intent here.
First of all, author intent is irrelevant, but even if it weren't I'd bet all my horses that Kishi intended Naruto not to be dodging it, straight up.

Second, if Madara were facing straight towards Naruto then they would be aligned.

Omimi said:
my question about this last part from db

it cuts all things with the speed of light, making it impossible for the enemy to block even one swing.

does this put madara's head swing speed = lf or nah
@kep

The speed of the beam itself is LS. The speed it is swung would be up to Madara's own neck speed which has no confirmation to be LS, so no.

> I suppose this works better then.

No, you missed the point.

The image of the towels you tried to use to compare, the first one - the perspective is nowhere near the same as Naruto and Madara's perspectives on the panel, and it can't be scaled to get a conclusion, while Naruto and Madara can be accurately scaled on the panel.

All I'm trying to say is that both perspectives could be argued (That Madara was either slightly tilted to Naruto's right in that panel, or that he was facing him directly).

No, because you can quite clearly scale and see that they aren't aligned (which is just conveniently supported by the fact the previous panel clearly shows Madara's head being tilted). Even putting Madara's mouth on his ear, they aren't aligned.

Uhhh, I dont see how the next panel shows Madara's head tilted to the side, that's the angle of the shot (See Madara's collar). And mostly to emphasize his Rinnegan activating.

If it was to emphasize his Rinnegan activating, why wouldn't they draw his face straight like they do literally every other time a dojutsu is activated on the series? Or is this the sole exception that just so happens to prevent Naruto from gaining a feat?

Kep insists that Naruto is not perpendicular to Madara, it means a possible headswing ...

But completely ignores the fact that Madara had time to readjust her aim and hit him in the face, as it did in Anime ... Naruto having time to think about Madara using Limbo is okay but Madara aiming correctly at Naruto as it did in Anime , is ignored, because panels before he was not straight to Naruto .... I do not know if it's comical!...

Kepekley23 said:
If it was to emphasize his Rinnegan activating, why wouldn't they draw his face straight like they do literally every other time a dojutsu is activated on the series? Or is this the sole exception that just so happens to prevent Naruto from gaining a feat?
I don't think that's true...

C59E532D-50B0-4FCF-82AE-B45142D4A882
3730672F-7DC9-4FF8-BBBF-48A7B002FA57
Sasuke's face isn't drawn straight when he's activating Amatersu and like with Madara's Rinnegan, they are emphasizing Sasuke's Mangekyō Sharingan.

Hilariously, Omimi's scan directly above definitively proves the beam was not dodged in the manner described due to the existance of the headband's being hewn.

Further, it's amazing how nobody dared to even respond to a major point that proves Madara didn't fire the beam offensively, here I'll quote myself en masse:

It's not a poor argument when it's what occurred on-panel. The idea that the beam was an attack and dodged is not present in the manga whatsoever, it's moreso akin to headcanon than anything feasible.

Further, the very idea of the headwing is ludicrous: you have to presume Madara is a genius, why then would he attempt to physically catch up to someone with FTL reactions and even utilize a lightspeed attack in the first place whilst in melee range with his Limbo clone already there at the ready?

Essentially, to claim it occurred the way some people want to believe it did, you have to accept that Madara is legitimately mentally deficient and wanted to utilize an attack much, much slower than he himself is whilst in melee range, and further, that for some reason he led into this attack with.....lightning, of all things, to get it all started even.

This would be akin to Fuhrer King Bradley holding a Luger in his belt, a sword in a hand, being 4 feet from his opponent and deciding to fire the Luger....when he can legitimately move faster than the bullet leaving the chamber. It makes no narrative sense, it makes no in-character sense, and it makes no meta-sense.

It makes zero sense for the argument 'he fired the beam and Naruto dodged' to hold water in any world wherein rationale is accepted.

ScreenShot 20190514034144
anime did same thing as manga and yet 2nd official source more reliable then us fans think its straght line
so i will stick with anime over anyones opinion

Besides Naruto not being center aligned on Madara, wouldn't Madara having one eye on the side that Naruto is furthest from further skew his field of vision?

there is still some problem with kep explanation

Fffffffffffrrffffffffff
see the gold line where madara's right solder is

which is way farther to the naruto's left solder that makes madara 3x time or even more wider/fatter then he is so this panel cant debunk anything

"It makes zero sense for the argument 'he fired the beam and Naruto dodged' to hold water in any world wherein rationale is accepted."

Its. Fiction. But whatever.

Nothing new has been brought up besides the fact that lf got accepted as sol so I'm not even sure why this is ope

PaChi2 said:
"It makes zero sense for the argument 'he fired the beam and Naruto dodged' to hold water in any world wherein rationale is accepted."
Its. Fiction. But whatever.
Sounds pretty damn smart at least.

Paul Frank said:
Nothing new has been brought up besides the fact that lf got accepted as sol so I'm not even sure why this is ope
Actual calc puts Nardoe at Relativistic to Relativistic+ but whatever

After some thought, I am going to have to be against this. While Kishi did basically say this is light speed, it doesnt show the properties of light. So I am gonna nope this revision until more evidence is presented.

Rin The Dragon Empress said:
The Light Speed thing is already accepted, I don't necessarily agree with it myself but it's been accepted so if you have an issue with it make a CRT.
Well for one Kep seems pretty against it and he is a calcer. I trust his judgement on naruto more then like, a fourth of the thread. But honestly, I dont care too much to make a hassle. More evidence is needed, but I dont care enough about naruto to make a crt for this.

Kep only disagree with old translation which was miss-translation

Misstranslation

• it cuts all things with the speed of light, making it impossible for the enemy to evade even one swing
  • it says
  • its impossible for the enemy to evade but naruto evade it
  • Kep disagree with bold cuz it contradict itself
Evade was wrong translation cuz its block not evede.

• thats why it was accepted
  • we had a thread for this did u missed that?
Correct translation

• it cuts all things with the speed of light, making it impossible for the enemy to block even one swing
  • now it does not contradict itself cuz no one block it

Is that true? @Kep If that is the case, it seems somewhat fine. It is the authors intent. We havent seen it reflect off surfaces tho but i guess it is fine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back