• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Re:Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Discussion Thread 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it's true.

This mobile game has some interesting stuff from what i saw, older Subaru looking like Aldebaran along with older Ferris, Subaru and Otto in prison etc. Too bad it's like Japan only.

177877724_188568113096750_2519252042355861460_n.jpg

You can see the rest here.

It's prob official technically speaking simply because Tappei was supervising the development (as he does with pretty much any Re:Zero content), but I'm still very skeptical about whether or not the map is completely legit if it's just in a mobile gacha game and doesn't really meet expectations, not to mention the errors I mentioned, such as the forest Emilia lived in not being frozen, or the rivers extending from Priestella being cut off abruptly or just too small. For now I'd honestly rather use the popular fan-made map as a reference, still.

Although I checked out a bit of what the wiki article says and shows, and honestly the game looks ******* awesome. I wish I could play it. A Re:Zero game where you can even go through what-if routes. There was even something where Reinhard fought the Mabeast's with a stick and effortlessly redirected an attack from Rem with just two fingers (likely defending Subaru as it looks to be taking place in the mansion arc). That's such a good idea.

Is there anything new on how the scaling for the top tiers work within the verse? Tappei has a bad habit of sucking Reinhardt off in Q/A :rolleyes: but the scaling withing the series isn't that cut dry. :(

IIRC he once said that Reinhardt would be the strongest even without his blessings yet jesus-kun can't find a blessings to save his ass from Regulus authority and is stated to need using Dragon Sword in order to beat Volcanica , yet the Volcanica itself is weaker than Reid and Reinhardt can't pull his sword against Reid.
I originally assumed that Jesus-kun could abuse his blessings to win, but how is he supposed to win without his blessings, without his sword, and with his base being scaled to being weaker? Is this the case of Author making making nonsense statements or am I missing something? :unsure:

It's not inconsistent.
It's easy to explain, so:
  • Reid is a better swordsman than Reinhard, his skills are better, but the knight of Lugunica is stronger (has more AP).
  • Reinhard's strength would be the same without blessings, but he would lose hax that helps him against characters who literally cheat like Regulus, Satella and many others.
  • Volcanica is not far from Reinhard's strength (the author confirmed It) and he would need his sword, but the sword is weird, in fact the author confirmed that sometimes the sword refuses to be drawn even against the strongest of various nations, who are close to Reinhard when it comes to strength. That was also showed in Oboreru, where Reinhard hasn't utilized his sword against Halibel (the strongest of Kararagi, one of the 4 nations).

So Reid doesn't give Reinhardt that much of a boost? I mean it's clear there is some weird scaling going on here.

Also how is he supposed to beat characters like Satella and Regulus without his blessings?
Are we saying that Base Reinhardt stronger than Reid with Ried (sword)?

So Reid doesn't give Reinhardt that much of a boost? I mean it's clear there is some weird scaling going on here.

Also how is he supposed to beat characters like Satella and Regulus without his blessings?
Are we saying that Base Reinhardt stronger than Reid with Ried (sword)?
Reid it's like the only weapon that Reinhard can use without breaking It, so having Reid is for sure an advantage.
He can't beat Satella and Regulus without his blessings, that's It.
I remember a Q&A about what would happen if Reinhard dies and who would be the next Sword Saint and Tappei replied with spoiler.
So yeah, Reinhard Is killable if you find a way to neutralize his blessings like in Oboreru.

Q: In a situation where all his blessings are taken away and he's dueling only with his sword skills, who could beat Reinhard? (His opponent has no blessings either)

A: Spoilers.

Q: In the event that Reinhard died, where would the Blessing of the Master Swordsman go...?

A: Spoilers.

Last edited:
Hey guys, recently Subaru has had a few matches added to his profile, however, they seem to have restricted or not taken into account his RBD. I'm wondering if they should be removed because of this. I know there's a "Win by Death" wincondition but if a character has resurrection/Type 8 immortality like Subaru, then... does it still take into effect?

Matches which restrict one of the characters abilities, shouldn't be added as far as i know.

Last edited:
I will ask. Personally, I think it's a little weird. I mean, RBD is like his main ability as well. Restricting it significantly nerfs him in fights.

I'm pretty sure restricting abilities is prohibited. You can only choose specific keys, equalize speed, and determine the circumstances of the fight (such as area or win conditions). In rare cases like JoJo stands you can limit what Stands they're able to use, but even then it's a bit controversial. But restricting RBD definitely shouldn't be allowed, especially not when it limits Subaru to such an extent that he can barely even do anything to fight back. Outside of Beatrice, Subaru only has RBD to rely on. Although if the rules were changed after the forum move that may no longer be the case, but it definitely was when I was more active.

I just noticed that Emilia doesn't have anything for her "awakened" state, although it is mentioned in her powers and abilities section. Even as a child, her true powers were able to permanently freeze an entire large forest that housed a whole group of elves (which has been frozen, along with the elves themselves, for over a hundred years). Obviously there's no way to tell specifically how large the forest is, but from what we see, it seems fairly massive, easily over the size of a town. Is that feat not specific enough to give her a key?

Also about the gacha game (Re:Zero Lost in Memories), I'm seeing more about it than I did not too long ago, and it seems like it's getting relatively frequent updates. It was only released back in September 2020, so it's still fairly recent and hasn't even been a year since its release. People seem worried about whether or not it'll have a global or English release, and honestly I'd say there'll 100% at least be an English release, and that's at a bare minimum. The game seems relatively small right now (which makes sense as it's simply a gacha game for a very popular but only bordering on mainstream anime), but there's no way in hell they'll miss out on the potential an English release will bring. They're not oblivious to the fact that Re:Zero has a huge non-JP part of the community, and won't want to ignore the money that'd be certainly gained from making the game available to said part of the community. If they didn't, that'd be a pretty dumb decision even speaking from a purely business perspective. It would make no sense. I could potentially see an announcement on the anniversary of the game's release, if not even possibly an actual release date (or if we're very lucky the actual release itself).

For reference, Dokkan Battle's global version was released about 6 months after the initial release. Lost in Memories likely had a lower budget and certainly has lower popularity due to being based on a far less mainstream anime than Dokkan was. Furthermore, of course, releasing a game for different regions than the original region requires more than just translating all the text and coding it in, which by itself would take a large amount of time. So yeah, it's pretty realistic that they'd take about a year or more to release a global or English version.

Oh, idk if I brought it up before here, but my god the price for the Re:Zero visual novel game (The Prophecy Of The Throne) is absurd. I was actually really excited for the game and would've bought it instantly upon release if not for the expensiveness. Like...I don't care how good someone thinks their game is, making a literal VISUAL NOVEL game with minor levels of actual gameplay cost 60 dollars is...well honestly it's blatantly the worst pricing I've seen for a game in my life. I'm sure the game is amazing for big Re:Zero fans like me, but 60 dollars is for top tier quality, triple A, well funded games with massive teams working on them, games that you'll likely play many times over, and even then I have many doubts about some popular 60 dollar games. I'm honestly wondering if they made a typo and meant to release it for 6 or 16 dollars. Cause honestly the highest price I could see for the game without losing all sense of reason is 30 dollars, and that's a big stretch. I'd say the most logical price would be 20 dollars. Very fitting for an above average, relatively popular visual novel game with at least some level of genuine gameplay.

You can lowball Emilia's awakened state to 7-B due to creating a blizzard.

As for it being a key, i would say no, it's an uncontrollable power that freezes everything around her, she doesn't get more durable, fast etc, it's just power, would just be an addition to an already existing key.

Last edited:
Oh, true. I do think it's worth listing somewhere on her page how powerful her awakened state is though. Maybe just an AP section in both keys that notes how powerful she is when awakened. And it's applicable in a vs battle I'd think. If the fight in question wasn't one where she stomps or gets stomped, the chances of her using her power when she's pushed into a corner aren't at all unlikely. So far, she's used them either in situations of extreme emotional distress (smol Emilia freezing Elior Forest), or when she's about to die (Black Serpent's poison in Frozen Bonds).

That can be added in the next CRT for vol 16, which is coming in a few days, that is if there is even anything to add for that volume anyway.

Her using her awakened power requires for her to be pushed that far into a corner, so the fight in a vs setting would have to be very close, leaving her with no other choice.

We have seen Emilia die many times in the main story, and she has never used that power, obviously cause its uncontrollable and would kill everyone around her, Emilia isn't gonna use it with the people she cares around, in a vs setting i guess that limitation would be removed though.

Btw there is going to be some sort of event with the staff tomorrow, hoping for at least an ova announcement for the EX Novels. Tanya just got a new season announced and so did Overlord, so who knows maybe it's gonna be season 3, following the other series in Isekai Quartet getting new seasons.

I hope re:Zero gets a season 3 soon. White Fox proved they could do pretty good fight scenes even with the limited time they had with covid 19, so wooo Season 3 would be a lot of fun.

@Epiccheev It's not possible, Slime is apparently owned by another company. Quartet only has series Kadokawa owns ie Re Zero, Overlord, Tanya, Konosuba and Cautious Hero.

@Phoenks As long as it's not the Rem If, i will be happy, or for the love of god not another event which announces another Rem figure, they milk Rem so much.

They'll probably have another OVA (maybe going over some of the stuff left out in the finale like Roswaal talking to Subaru about Echidna, Emilia telling Subaru more about her past, or possibly the bonus chapters in between arcs such as Frederica and Garfiel trying to reconcile). As for Season 3, well, if we're lucky I could at least see it before 2025, but we're not gonna be getting it any time soon, at least a couple years or something. The pandemic has calmed down a bit (in some places they're even lifting mask restrictions) but that doesn't mean it'll be back to complete normalcy in the animation industry. I think what we have going for Re:Zero is that the Season 2 probably only took as long as it did because they didn't expect Re:Zero to get so much attention. Now that they know how popular of a series it is (with Season 2 helping that), they'll be rushing to get out a third season much more quickly. And of course we don't need to worry about them having a lack of source material considering that the novel is still multiple arcs ahead, meanwhile Arc 5 is long enough to cover the season by itself. So I would at least expect an announcement by 2023, maybe 2022 if we're lucky. And the actual season will likely be sometime late in 2023 or maybe in general 2024.

And yeah it could be listed in her weaknesses section that her Awakened power is only used in very rare occasions where she is truly forced to use it, meaning that it's unlikely to be relevant in a majority of matches.

Wait a sec. The Subaru Vs. Sherlock Homes thread is completely ridiculous. Literally no one even mentioned RBD until grace began, and when it was mentioned some guy said Subaru doesn't use it because of the risks? That's completely wrong and literally disregards the scenario, which is that they're both trying to kill the other. Regardless of whether or not Subaru would want to use suicide as a strategy doesn't change that he's going to die while fighting. Wtf? I'm actually confused how that even went through. It's not a stomp on either side but Subaru definitely wins that because of RBD.

Not to mention that everyone voted Sherlock FRA because of "muh he smart", acting as if Subaru would be utterly helpless against him, even though he has higher physical strength and higher acrobatic ability (even back at the start Subaru was pretty agile). I definitely think Sherlock would win the first few encounters, but the fact that they literally disregarded Subaru's main ability without any reason (not to mention that the OP never restricted it in any way) is absolutely absurd.

SHIT WRONG THREAD LMAO.

Edit: Posted some One Punch Man related stuff but just realized and moved it over to the proper thread.

Been a while since I followed the Re:Zero profiles. Can someone explain to me why the Mid Tiers don't scale from the 8-B calcs (especially the White Whale's Durability)? Wilhelm could pretty unambiguously cut that f*cker up even when it wasn't split into 3.
WTF

Subaru has died 3 times in a single chapter, throat cut, run over by a carriage and head smashed in. Whoever is after him, are using people as bombs, killing ordinary ppl just to get to Subaru, and doesn't matter what direction he goes in, he still dies. Subaru doesn't have any time to come up with a plan or anything, he has died like 6 times this arc, and we are probably still in the beginning, this might get worse than Arc 6 at this rate
Wait where are you reading chapter 17? WCT hasn't translated that yet

@SuperKamiNappa Besides the Whale, the other 8-B calcs are with magic.

As for the Whale, i guess you can argue for scaling to it. If we take Tappei's statements, the Whale is like a boss in an RPG, it has a ton of hp, hence why an entire army was needed to bring it down. There is a reason why it's used as a benchmark of who can solo it.

So characters can harm it, but the damage they do is not as big as it seems, and it hp gets whittle down gradually. But just damaging it should count as scaling would be the argument for an upgrade to 8-B.

Anyway trying to get a revision for another verse passed, and been procrastinating on a VN i am reading, a Re Zero revision isn't on my radar, but anyone else is welcomed to make it and apply the changes if they want.

I was reading the summaries of the chapter, next translated chapter will be chapter 17 though.

I've only read Ayamatsu/Pride If so I don't know what Subaru might have going for him from the if's apart from maybe a boost to his intelligence I guess.

But yes, the What If's are made by Tappei himself, meaning they are what would happen if certain events played out differently. They may not actually happen in the canon story, but they're still canon in another sense.

Do any of them have noteworthy abilities that separate them from Normal Subaru? If not I don’t think there a point

Besides an intelligence boost, not really, he can do stuff like predicting every one of a person's moves due to how many times he fought them.

But anyway Envy route Subaru, ie the Subaru we follow, has basically more abilities than the others anyway, and the other Subaru's just gather up powerful people and do evil stuff, they haven't really gained anything new themselves, as far as i know, though i still have yet to read the Gluttony if.

It was .55 tons before, but got updated to 2.24 tons, the profiles just haven't been updated yet.

There are arguments to scale the characters to the whale who is 8-B, but i just haven't made a thread. Despite been such a good series, there really isn't that much support for Re Zero on here, always a pain to get anything passed, and i am basically the only one who makes the threads.

So basically it will happen when i feel like it, realistically something to add on to the next CRT, for when the next LN volume is translated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back