• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Re:Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Discussion Thread 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
All i know is that around Rem's birthday in February? There are special events and what not and Tappei does Rem stories.

Honestly i don't care enough to look into it, i did read like the first couple Rem if's when they came out, but i am not a fan of it so i didn't keep up with it.

The Rem if is just wish fulfilment, if other people like it that's cool though.

Looking at the translations, there is a prequel which i didn't read, which tells what happens in the first year after Rem and Subaru ran away, then there is the main thing which i did read, about their everyday life and kids, looks like it's done to me, unless Tappei decides to write more, he could do that on April 1st, Subaru's birthday, as he usually does what if stories then, but i am thinking it's gonna be something different.

This counts as tomorrow.

I may not be 100% on my tracing, but it shouldn't be that big of a difference. All of these would still be 9-A at the most.

Base Garfiel Lifted the Mabeast as well, but that was without it's head. He should have Class 5 Lifting Strength for doing that though.

@TheRustyOne @Celestial_Pegasus

Here I go typing out the same list of Re:Zero mid-tier feats again.

Here's like the only arc 2 feat, if it's even worth anything (the anime equivalent):

Volume 3 said:
The ground beneath his feet exploded, with the resulting cascade of rocks vaulting Subaru straight up.
The scattering rocks pelted his body all over. Skin breaking and bleeding, Subaru looked down from midair to see the cause of his pain.
South of the point where the ground had exploded under Subaru, he saw the demon beast puppy in a low crouch. The Urugarum had kept a low profile since leading the pack down the cliff, waiting for its opportunity to take Subaru and Rem out in a single cascade of rocks. And so, seeing Subaru create an opening, it had spectacularly intervened with the goal of sending both him and Rem flying.
However…
“—!!”
…its plan was foiled when Rem roared and stomped onto the ground from which the rocks were erupting. Force canceled force, ending with only her blue hair heavily disheveled. She’d canceled out magical force with raw violence— smashing the spell with brute force.

In arc 3 we have more at least. First there is a that explosion in episode 15 (around 9:00, can't find a clip of it) that Rem may or not have tanked:
Volume 5 said:
Rem’s roar rent the air as her leg pushed her up, as if the ground itself had launched her.
To the front, an enormous wall of flame spread out before Rem as she leaped. She broke through that barrier, smashing in the face of an enemy standing beside it. The moment after, a fireball bore down on her, large enough to bury her entire field of vision.
“—!!”
A thunderous shout. An orange glow rose up amid the trees bathed in the morning sun, then another and another.
The inferno surged wildly, burning away the trees, with the very world groaning as the high temperature turned the area to ash.
—On that scorched plain, the charred remnants of a white apron dress fluttered and vanished into the wind

Episode 22 at about 14:06 when Tivey blows Pete up looks like a decent explosion.

When one of Pete's fingers exploded himself it leveled a good chunk of the village and Ia was able to shield Subaru from it no problem. I doubt you can calc it from the anime explosion:
Volume 8 said:
“—! Ia! Protect him!!”
Ferris seemed to leap to his feet the instant the whisper reached his eardrums, calling to Subaru, at the entrance to the wagon—no, to the common spirit tethered to him.
Ferris’s gravity, normally unthinkable for him, made Subaru stare for a second, wondering what had happened, when…
“Ah?”
With a burst of heat, the common spirit flew out, deploying a crimson wall of shimmering light around his entire body. It enveloped Subaru, completely isolating him from his surroundings—
“Now cooomes the beginning…of the end!!”
Frozen stiff, Subaru heard a shrill voice saying that right before his eyes.

The next moment, Subaru was engulfed by the flames of the exploding dragon carriage, losing all track of which way was up.

CHAPTER 4 A CRAFTY SLOTH

When Subaru’s mind returned to reality, the first thing he took in was the powerful stench of something burnt.

It was like meat that had been barbecued to ash, stir-fried vegetables that had been fried black, completely and thoroughly burnt from too much heat inside and outside, a scent that brought one’s mood to its nadir.
“—”
He opened his mouth, trying to get his voice out. He couldn’t hear a thing. It was not that sound did not reach his eardrums, but rather that too great a sound had slammed into them a moment prior. A sound far too great to be termed ringing echoed through his skull at length, leaving Subaru to expect little from his hearing for the time being. “—” Subaru continued instinctively raising his voice as he relied on his other senses. His eyelids were open, but his field of vision remained pitch-black, ruling sight out. His sense of smell was dominated by the stench of something burnt, and there was a strong taste of rust inside his mouth. The fact that he lay faceup, limbs spread wide, meant he’d probably fallen onto the ground.
“—Aah.”
During the time he checked to see that his limbs could move, his own voice faintly slipped past the ringing in his ears. As the ringing began to fade, he began to be able to hear himself. At the same time, he began to hear the sound of his own blood coursing through his body, and the darkness in his field of vision gradually brightened.
His five senses were functioning. Sight and vision were returning, allowing him to sense the world around him. And then—
“—!!—!—!!”
As his hearing recovered, stringent shouts flew his way. Some voices were bloodcurdling; others were those of crying children. Screams. The mansion, burnt—instantly, his thoughts came to a boil.
“—! What the—?!”
When his thinking processes recovered, bolstered by his five senses, Subaru sat up with a start and looked around the area. His entire body, covered in burns and scrapes, pleaded for mercy, but the spectacle before his eyes made him forget all that.
—Right before Subaru’s eyes were the burning remains of a dragon carriage, with several land dragon corpses scattered around it.
“Ex—plosion…”
His memory from just before came back, allowing Subaru to properly grasp what had happened.
Explosion. Yes, an explosion. Explosion was the only word he had for the supreme might of the destruction wrought.
Such was the power of it that the dragon carriages lined alongside had been blown away and a good chunk of Earlham Village completely leveled. The homes bordering the village square had been engulfed by the spreading fires from the explosion, with flames licking at the familiar scenery.
The blackened, charred objects scattered around the area were partly the dragon carriages and the corpses of their land dragons, but that none were intact made him unable to differentiate between organic and inorganic matter. It was surely a foregone conclusion that the dense scent of burning flesh invading his nostrils was from the land dragons that had perished in the blast.

I really can't think of anything new for arc 4. But in arc 5 Sirius was able to collapse a control tower:
Arc 5 said:
During this time, Sirius had approached the control tower, using movements outside natural boundaries to shift her strength and body weight to the chain, and then released strength from her entire body.
The serpent of flame swept the control tower with a violent momentum, and the foundation of stone tower collapsed with a howl. Fragmenting, collapsing, the stone tower’s foundation was consumed by waves of fire, tilting from the impact of the huge flame.
— Liliana was in that stone tower.
In one motion, the stone tower tilted and collapsed.
Priscilla with orange hair scattered across her shoulders, watched the tower collapse with widened eyes.
Here's Sirius standing on top of said tower, it's pretty large:

I can't go on searching through arc 6, EXs and SSs right now. Will come back to this later.

So now that Season 2 is over I'm finally gonna start reading the novel. Should I read the light novel or web novel? From what I hear, the light novel is talked about more, and has some extra content but also cuts other stuff out. I'm honestly not sure what the differences are though between a light novel and web novel, other than that obviously the web novel is what Tappei actually wrote directly.

I'm also guessing the light novel will be easier to read, as in not as hard to find, but I'm not sure where any official sources of it are, and I don't intend to get them irl.

"the light novel is talked about more"

???????? what? I've never heard anyone talk about the light novel tbh

Holy shit so the "Echidna" we've seen throughout the entirety of season 2 up until now is actually not Echidna. When seeing her body in the final episode of season 2, I assumed it was just that Echidna changed her appearance for some reason, but apparently it's actually just some huge ******* plot twist. Having trouble getting over that, lol.

03ubxrxofeq61.jpg

Fanart.

It's probably a reference to the latest chapter where Mizadela said she wants Subaru as her man if Rem doesn't want him :unsure:

If my memory of part 7 is correct, infinite rotation is about controlling gravity, the scans on the profile say as much, it can pierce through dimensions and it also seems time is included.

It's stated to cross into time, so i would assume it could affect Regulus.

Though there is also the factor that even Regulus own attacks with the same effect as he uses on himself, don't affect him, might be cause he stopped his time like a hundred years ago, while those attacks are recent, that's just my speculation though.

Btw Tappei is updating the WN again, 2 new chapters are out.

Subaru, Rem, and Louis/Rui finally get to a city in Vollachia by pretending to be a family, Subaru then gets killed mid-sentence, only to rbd moments before it happened, this has to be the shortest respawn yet.

WTF

Subaru has died 3 times in a single chapter, throat cut, run over by a carriage and head smashed in. Whoever is after him, are using people as bombs, killing ordinary ppl just to get to Subaru, and doesn't matter what direction he goes in, he still dies. Subaru doesn't have any time to come up with a plan or anything, he has died like 6 times this arc, and we are probably still in the beginning, this might get worse than Arc 6 at this rate

So it was them.

Todd is a complete psycho, before he went and stabbed Subs in the arm just cause his eyes seem like he wanted to manipulate him, and now despite all that happened, he isn't out for revenge, he just thinks Subs is dangerous, he is going to all these lengths just to kill someone he thinks is dangerous.

And then there is Vincent playing 4-D chess in the background, Subaru is not in his element, he is up against some insanely intelligent people, after this arc, Subaru is probably gonna be a master tactician.

Vincent probably ordered the amazons to stand by.

I highly doubt he had a hand in this although it obvious he saw it coming~

Yea he saw it coming, and now Subaru has no choice but to help Vincent.

I am interested in what he thinks about Subaru, he obviously knows he is a normal guy, yet has so much accomplishments, does he think Subaru is some intelligent dude or just insanely lucky.

Also Rem tried to screw Subaru over again this chapter. I thought we were over this already

Really getting tired of her. Unless Vincent probably manipulated her in some sort, they had 3 days to stuff ideas inside her head while Subaru was sleeping so he could use her to get advantage of Subaru "which would be nuts"

If that not the case then Rem is being pretty dump right cuz she's a cripple in a country full of wolves.

Tbh if it wasn't for the theme of the story, Subaru should have become a ruthless tactician long ago but Tappei insist on keeping him a fodder in every regard

So the Rem calc and rock piggi calc were evaluated.

Mid tiers can be downgraded to 8-C, Base Garfiel gets Class 5 lifting strength, transformed Garfiel gets Class 10.

I can't remember if I've asked about it before, but wasn't it said in the novel that Reinhard's attack against Puck destroyed and recreated the world? Are we just assuming that as hyperbole?

@ZERO7772 Cause the calcs are faulty, ie used a calculated height for the whale's height instead of the official height, or just outdated like using the values for destruction of rock, instead of soil.

Those adjusted calcs only come out to Small Building level, not worth tracking down a calc member to evaluate.

@RinneItachi Hyperbole

I'm guessing you're referring to this video I just searched up,

Is this actually confirmed official? I honestly want confirmation simply because I feel like this doesn't match what most people expected, not to mention that it has a few minor errors, and doesn't remotely try making things look to scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back