• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Re:Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Discussion Thread 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Episode 22 adapted chapters 1, 2 and parts of 3 from volume 15.

Episode 23 has adapted 3, 4, 5 and parts of 6.

I am predicting next episode adapts chapter 7 and 8.

The 3rd trial shows the future, which may or may not happen, not alternative timelines.

So i don't think so.

just stuff here and there. It's pretty much a "cleanup" except it actually does the opposite of what it's supposed to and makes it more confusing and "litered"

The popular opinion is arc 4 of the WN is better, cause it has a lot of meat to it, while the LN cuts some of the meat out and rearranges things.

Arc 5 though, haven't seen anyone claim the WN is better, granted the LN of arc 5 is still not translated in English, however the few who have read it say it's better.

Arc 4 was so massive and dense, while arc 5 is pretty much action heavy, there is no need for all the cutting and rearranging, Tappei actually added some interesting things in the LN like Sirius mentioning Typhon from what i have heard.

But yea, after volume 15 of the LN if you want to continue, you have to read arc 5 of the WN, cause volume 16 of the LN which starts arc 5 in the LN isn't translated yet.

Last edited:
9-A Subaru? Lol I don't think that'll ever happen. I could see him getting High 8-C abilities though, while still being peak human physically

9-A Subaru? Lol I don't think that'll ever happen. I could see him getting High 8-C abilities though, while still being peak human physically
Apparently Reinhard dies, then Subaru inherits all of his blessings and becomes superhuman
I'm aware of that.

I don't think Subaru will ever have strong physical strength, his body has a limit, but I can see him becoming really strong by intelligence and skills.
I can see him being like Emiya Archer, using strategies and abilities to beat an opponent but having really low "stats."

Last edited:
Yeah basically.

He'll probably become some genius like Flugel eventually. I'd be most excited to see a Subaru with some real solid intelligence. He's already getting there.

Tbh he is pretty peak human level after all the shit he's gone through back to back in Arc7 so far.

He would have died tho if Rui didn't save his ass tho.

Last edited:
Yeah, Subaru kinda buffing up lately. Would love to see more of those instinctive reactions as well.

Forgive me, but I noticed something is wrong with one of these calcs.

The White Whale height here is using 188 m, while this calc uses a height of 50 meters. Which is a statement in the novel, judging from what the calc says. These both cannot be used and per our standards, the official height takes precedent over our own calculated height. Unless I'm missing something here, does it grow or shrink?

Last edited:
The first calc you linked has nothing to do with the whale, the 2nd one uses the official height not calculated, so idk what the issue is.

The only whale calc that uses a calculated height was an extremely old calc which came out to like Low 7-C, we aren't using that.

Sorry about that, Fixed. (There may also be a problem with the other High 8-C calc as well, the crater one I accidently linked)

It's accepted on the verse page and is on Garfiel's profile.

Also I notice a lot of circular reason being used on the profiles as well, will this be fixed in the future?

Yea, shouldn't be 188m, that lowers the result.

What's the issue with the Julia calc? Think there was like multiple ppl there who accepted it.

They all basically scale back to Garfiel, they are all around that level., some characters are stronger, but it's not much of difference.

Edit: Actually you are the one who accepted the Julia cal. But yea another calc member looked at it but for some reason that comment got nuked.

Their fighting in a forest, wouldn't this mean the ground is soil not rock? I can see grass right at the crater's edge, which means the pulverized ground should be soil.

The value being used is the pulverization of rock, using soil lowers the results to 9-A.

Garfiel scales to Elsa and Julius, Elsa scales to Garfiel which is circular, while Julius scales to Rem and Roi. Roi scales to Julius, which is circular.

Rem scales to Ram, who scales to Rem which is circular. And to Wilhelm, who scales to Elsa. Rem also scales to Crusch, which scales to injuring the White Whale, who's durability is 8-B.

I shouldn't have to follow such a long scaling change and still not get to the crater calc.

Sure.

Makes sense, are you willing to fix it?

Garfiel scales to Elsa who can harm him, Garfiels durability is High 8-C based on the now debunked calc. Elsa same thing she can harmed Garfiel. But i get it would just be a lot easier to just say comparable to Garfiel.

Garfiel does actually have a feat of destroying buildings, so don't think they will go below 8-C, but High 8-C does indeed look shaky. The whale's durability scales to tanking Rem's al huma which is 8-B, but Crusch can harm it, which is a whole can of worms, will just wait for the adjusted calcs first before getting into that.

I added a mention in the comments of the original calc, don't think I need to make a new blog, just need to have it updated. Since it's a rather simple fix.

I can agree the scaling can wait until after any future calcs.

The original poster of the calc is sporadic with their activity here, they aren't regularly on this site anymore, hence why i asked you.

But i will ping them i guess, @OppaiSenpai5.

Cool.

I updated the whale calc.

Here is that Garfiel building statement btw, didn't think this would be useful but here we are.

Against the screaming Garfiel, Kurgan remained impassive.
The silent war god that Garfiel was facing would only watch him quietly. With a pout, he broke the line of the street, then rushed forward with a single step.
Through the soles of his shoes, he absorbed the power of the earth, allowing his [Divine Protection of Earth Spirits] to redirect all that energy into a blow.
His fist was truly infused with the power to shatter a stone building.-Arc 5, Chapter 51

To me that sounds rather convincing for a baseline 8-C rating, also helps that he's unharmed by a 9-A level attack. Also the Al Dona attack he tanked was stated to be able to pulverize trees, which would be between 9-A and 8-C. According to the Reference for Common feats page.

Do you think there's any other possible Tier 8 feat that can be calculated?

Relooking at the original upgrade thread, a lot good points were there, these calcs are bunk but the reasoning in the mid tier section is still helpful.

Otto's Al Dona can pulverize trees, which Garfiel tanked. Now it used a large tree for that and that many trees were pulverized, however it's not stated Otto pulverized many large trees, just many trees, using the lowball from here might be better since we don't have supporting evidence for High 8-C anymore.

Rem's can smash large trees as a child which is 9-A+, so there is a multiple things supporting 8-C.

I don't think there is anything else that can be calc besides this from Kurgan

The impact from his right fractured his elbow, the wrist of upper arm shattering completely. Garfiel gritted his teeth, to the extent that his teeth dripped blood. That was the second hand.
The third fourth hand were empty, striking in the same instant.
The clenched fists of Kurgan with his giant form, were no smaller than the size of a child’s skull. Explosive power paired with explosive size, the power of a blow could be said to equate that of a warship’s.
Not to mention that one first felt capable of piercing iron plate, approached Garfiel whose mind had blanked after the impact to his head. One toward his body and one toward his head, either with a direct hit was capable of exploding a human.-Arc 5, Chapter 62

But when i brought it up last nobody knew how to calc this, so thought it was unusable.

Exploding a human sounds like human fragmentation, I don't think it'll get above 9-B though.

The strength of a warship is far to variable to get any results, yeah that's not really anything.

So Baseline 8-C seems pretty right for people like Garfiel and those comparable to him.

Rock Piggy crashing into the mansion destroyed a wall then, and the floor above, don't think this is calcable.

As Garfiel psyched himself up, a bloody smile hovered in his field of vision as Elsa’s form grew indistinct.
As she entered the realm of pure speed in a single step, Garfiel opted to lower his stance and charge as well. With the space between them gone in a single instant, the two collided in the middle of the corridor—
“—!!”
—or rather, just before they were to do so, one kicked off the ceiling and the other from the floor as both respectively bounded away from that place.
The next moment, the wall facing the courtyard was destroyed by an impact that seemed to make the entire building shudder. The impact had struck the first-floor-turned-battlefield, but clearly the floor above was not spared as it began to cave in.
All this was due to the enormous, boulder-like demon beast that had so grandly crashed into the building.
Naturally, the appearance of a beast so huge that it shocked the imagination was an unexpected development even to Garfiel. This was followed by something more unexpected still—a cutesy voice levying objections from atop the mass of boulders.-Volume 15, Chapter 5

Said to have the mass of a falling building

Right as Garfiel braced himself against the demon beasts aiming to land a surprise attack, the monsters were ripped asunder somewhere behind him. There was no time to turn around, but he could still tell that Frederica’s ferocious attacks were mowing their foes down.
All that remained was for Garfiel to deal with the one charging at him with a frame large enough to rival the whole mansion.
“Get pancaked!!”
Receiving Meili’s command, the Rock Pig bounded forward with its woefully short four legs, leaping toward him. No longer was this simply a charging beast; it had transformed into a projectile with the mass of a falling building.
No single person had the power to withstand such a blow—which was precisely what the monster’s instincts cried out.
Spreading and firmly planting both feet, Garfiel called upon the full force of his blessing of the earth spirit. The blessing of the soil conveyed through the soles of his feet made the tendons and muscles of his entire body swell and throb—the blood lurking within him burst forth as his flesh changed form.
“—Ooooooo!!!”
The booming roar of his soul was not directed outward; it reverberated within his own flesh and blood.-Volume 15, Chapter 5

Garfiel did stop it and then lifted it up and tear its head off, but this is hyperbolic though cause it has an official height of 5m, so it being as big as the mansion or as heavy isn't true

awqQqU6.png

The scene of it destroying a wall is shown in episode 22 of the anime, you can see it here at 2:57, that's a massive hole, should give good results. It smashed through another wall again in episode 23, can see this at 4:04.

Btw this thing being a hippo, i think hippos weigh like several tons, lifting strength of the characters should probably be class 5 at least, since this is a 5m hippo, bigger than normal ones.

There is a Ram feat of blowing away a room

“There is no one here capable of using healing magic. If I remove the skewer, you will die of blood loss.”
“I don’t have the courage to touch or even look at it twice, let alone pull it out… Did you get Elsa?”
“I blew the entire room away, but I didn’t get the sense that I hit her. We cannot be optimistic.”
“Damn it all…! I thought I’d bought us a little time at least…”-Volume 11, Chapter 2

So small building level i guess.

The Rock Piggy/Hippo feat is the only i have that would give anything good here.

Last edited:
The results I'm getting from the wall destruction is slightly more than baseline 9-A. The length of the beast is 5 m, it's height is around 2.49 meters. It's length is comparable to the largest hippos in the world, but it's height is much greater. It should be heavier than any Hippo in reality, lifting it is at least Class 5.

A male Hippo can even weigh 4500 kg, this thing is quite a bit bigger. So it's weight should be heavier than that, possibly even Class 10 (5000 kg).

@TheRustyOne 9-A wouldn't change anything, though i would like to see it, but the lifting strength though is needed.

If you have weight and length of an average hippo, you could find the weight of Rock Piggie, just do Rock Piggie Mass= (Rock Piggie's length/Average Hippo's length)^3*Average Hippo's mass

According to this, average male is 3.3m long and 1600kg.

(5m/3.3m)^3*1,600kg=5565kg

That is indeed Class 10.

It's getting a little late, I should be able to upload the 9-A calc by tomorrow. I can put the beast weight with it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back