• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Re:Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Discussion Thread 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished vol 17, now on to the new vol of Arifureta Zero.

Will probably make a CRT soon: upgrade for the mid tiers to 8-B, some ability additions, and also got a class 5 lifting strength feat for Garf, so that's pretty consistent.

Or maybe i won't make the CRT just yet, who knows depends how i feel, still want to get a new verse out, will probably be working on that.

@Celestial_Pegasus

Pretty sure this was asked before but it just occurs to me, since Celius fought and survived Reinhard with Reid in the wrath if with even the castle falling apart from their battle, why doesn't he scale to Rein-chan? I know it goes against what Tappei said in a Q/A but the guy says a lot of nonsense on his twitter and admit that he answer most of these on the fly

Really tired of this argument....

It's not just the Q&A, in Ex Novel 4, Reinhard went to the Vollachia Empire on the condition he wore a collar, said collar he allowed to nerf him. This nerfed Reinhard proceeded to easily deal with Cecilus. Now there are argument about Cecilus not having his 2 best swords, and we don't know how round 2 went besides Reinhard drawing Reid, but it's an assumption, that the 2 swords is gonna let him go from a no diff to being around Rein level.

I said i was fine with a possibly rating for Cecilus scaling to Reinhard, cause there is evidence, but shit is very conflicting, however since he is gonna be in arc 7, i didn't see the point in doing it.

Btw creating a snow storm is now accepted as 13 megatons, as opposed to like the 50 we currently scale the god tiers to, so a downgrade is in order.

Now that moon is really confirmed let's stop acting like their world were more smaller than it just saying since we might get a world destruction statement in novel.

Wasn't re zero's world flat?
Yes it's a flat world where the edges, which are all dubbed The Great Waterfall, are just gigantic waterfalls that endlessly pour water off the sides of the world. I speculate this isn't actually true and the continent all of it takes place on is just one in a bigger world. Until that's confirmed though yeah it's flat.

We can't really confirm anything until we get info on the world at large, like how Satella supposedly destroyed half the world, was there like another "world" beyond the great waterfalls which is what got swallowed, did that even exist or is that all just Pandora messing with history to make Satella look bad, who knows what's going on.

All we can go off is what info we have right now, which is what Rinne explained, it having a moon doesn't prove anything, this is a fantasy world, which scientifically shouldn't even exist, a planet can't be flat due to how gravity works.

Yo, idk if this is the proper place to say this, but... Um, I plan to make a match with Petelgeuse (and quite a few other Re: Zero charas) but I have got a question regarding his possession and immorality: is combat applicable or not? I know it requires certain conditions for it to actually work, but does it only work for certain characters in his 'verse or can it be argued that he can use it against certain others as a win condition?

Yo, idk if this is the proper place to say this, but... Um, I plan to make a match with Petelgeuse (and quite a few other Re: Zero charas) but I have got a question regarding his possession and immorality: is combat applicable or not? I know it requires certain conditions for it to actually work, but does it only work for certain characters in his 'verse or can it be argued that he can use it against certain others as a win condition?
It doesn't really work unless he has his finger ppl

Thx, dude/dudette! Just to be sure... Geuse can't pull the stunt he pulled against Subaru and take over his opponent's body, right? If so, I'll just mention in my post that his possession can't work against his opponent nor be used as a victory condition for him to avoid any unneeded confusion.

Thx, dude/dudette! Just to be sure... Geuse can't pull the stunt he pulled against Subaru and take over his opponent's body, right? If so, I'll just mention in my post that his possession can't work against his opponent nor be used as a victory condition for him to avoid any unneeded confusion.
Petelgeuse can only possess people with high spiritual affinity, which is why he can only inhabit specific members of his group, as well as Subaru, as Subaru apparently has high affinity with Spirit's (which is foreshadowing for his eventual contract with Beatrice, I'm sure). He also can't possess anyone currently in a contract with another Spirit, although in some cases he can force the other Spirit out, like he did with the Rental Goa on Subaru. Also, one more note, it seems that it can be partially resisted via will power based on Subaru's resistance towards Petelgeuse, although it seemed like Petelgeuse would've eventually gotten full control

It's not really combat applicable outside of Re:Zero characters, unfortunately.

Would his fingers be standard equipment?
Ye, they are. So at least Geuse has this thing going for him. Need to find a good opponent for him... Am thinking somebody from Danganronpa (since I am considering Rai or Roi [having the knowledge that Izuru isn't his real [birth] name but nothing else] vs Izuru Kamukura [no prep] ) since they are within the city block range but a lot of those peps just aren't a good match for Geuse, so idk.

First of all I'm not saying this to justify the nanosecond statement okay? I just remembered the soul freezing of puck it not appearing on light novel doesn't mean it's not canon or that he can't do the same thing in LN version tappei once stated in afterwards that he is not really the person who keep omitting some scenes from web novel it's his editor while although he agreed but that's just because he couldn't really disagree with his editor or at least that's how he sounded and that's also how the author of clearing an isekai sounded that they had hard time disagreeing with their editors and the anime saiki k as well and yeah for that reason soul freezing for puck

Last edited:
Um... On the Beatrice (Re:Zero) page, it is stated in her power and abilities section that she has Durability Negation via Transmutation but it isn't mentioned that she can bypass conventional durability via transmutation (Minya), and it is kinda bugging me somewhat. Tbh, I don't know if she qualified to have a "bypass conventional durability" in her attack potency, so I'll back down if I am mistaken.

Personally, i don't really care too much about that anymore, before i have might added "can bypass durability" in the ap section, but if it's already in the abilities section, it's redundant to me.

Ye, that's fine. Tis just a minor thing that is kinda bugging me but really isn't that big of a problem. Welp, it is time for me how to figure out how a Beatrice/Subaru fight would work with RbD being a thing; like, should I make it only a fight until incap or knockout for Subaru or can I possibly restrict RbD. Questions, questions.

Hmm... Calling out to any knowledgeable Re:Zero Fans - how can one bypass Regulus' authority of greed without killing all of his wives? Space Hax? Existence Deletion Hax? BFR? If anything comes to mind just telling me since I am considering in doing a Regulus match but I'm having a tough time in figuring out good folks for him to fight cuz of his hax.

Hmm... Calling out to any knowledgeable Re:Zero Fans - how can one bypass Regulus' authority of greed without killing all of his wives? Space Hax? Existence Deletion Hax? BFR? If anything comes to mind just telling me since I am considering in doing a Regulus match but I'm having a tough time in figuring out good folks for him to fight cuz of his hax.
Basically, his authority's defensive abilities work via stopping his own time. Which means that everything else can't physically interact with him in a way that could harm Regulus. I don't think space hax would work, nor most forms of existence erasure and BFR, but very certain kinds of time hax could have an effect. And some characters who are just above time wouldn't really care.

Honestly, when it comes to just hax alone, there aren't a lot of ways to do it that I can think of off the top of my head, without including reality warping, plot manipulation, and similar things that just make it a massive stomp match.

Basically, his authority's defensive abilities work via stopping his own time. Which means that everything else can't physically interact with him in a way that could harm Regulus. I don't think space hax would work, nor most forms of existence erasure and BFR, but very certain kinds of time hax could have an effect. And some characters who are just above time wouldn't really care.

Honestly, when it comes to just hax alone, there aren't a lot of ways to do it that I can think of off the top of my head, without including reality warping, plot manipulation, and similar things that just make it a massive stomp match.
Damn... What about power null? Although, will also add that... well... Tappei did state Reid could behead Regulus so I think some kind of space hax could work (or Reid's concept hax does this bullshit, idk, I'm just struggling and your words pretty much killed a bunch of idea-matches I had for him)

Damn... What about power null? Although, will also add that... well... Tappei did state Reid could behead Regulus so I think some kind of space hax could work (or Reid's concept hax does this bullshit, idk, I'm just struggling and your words pretty much killed a bunch of idea-matches I had for him)
Idk if that's just purely due to space hax, in fact it's listed as Space-Time Manipulation.

It's listed as space-time, cause Reid already has feats of cutting dimensions, and the time part is cause of the implication of cutting through time itself since Regulus time is frozen.

Though yea Reid can cut concepts, so you could say he just get pass Regulus authority via concept cutting.

Reid just seems to be able to cut whatever he wants, anywhere from invisible connections between things to concepts.

Welp, since I already talked here yesterday, I gotta ask... why is the rating for Subaru's Invisible Providence only listed as Higher and nothing anything else? Shouldn't it at most have a Possibly 8-B rating in attack potency and speed due to it being similar to Geuse's Unseen Hand and it coming from the same source of 'power', or at the very least it being 9-A due to it being able to 'harm' a heavily injured-slash-weakened-slash-emotional compromised Garf? ... There was also that time in where I am pretty sure Subaru's IP restrained Ram but am not sure if that was cut out of the light novel.

This probably belongs to a content revision forum but I have no way to obtain scans of Re:Zero LN nor ways to buy English translated LN, plus, I have no idea how trying to do content revision on Subaru's IP since I only have access to fan translated web novel chapters which might contain information that was reworked-and/or-removed in the official light novel.

Been discussed already a few times, never been accepted, by other ppl i might add.

Invisible Providence and Unseen Hands are 2 different abilities, you can't scale them together, i mean Subaru's can reach inside people and destroy their hearts, Guese never showed that, Subaru's make him sick just using it, he has only 1 etc.

9-A is vague, where would that come from, pretty random, Garfiel was nerfed heavily, to what extent is unknown.

As for Ram, she was also nerfed, due to not getting her regular mana infusions from Roswaal, Beatrice and Emilia doing it wasn't enough to match Roswaal, hence it was noted she was weaker than normal.

Finished vol 18.

Don't know if it's cause i haven't read the WN version of events in years, but a lot feels new, at the very least the scenes surrounding Emilia and Regulus were new, also raised questions, like who the hell is Al, he just happens to have a metia which is directly connected to Regulus, Emilia and Subaru giving allusions to him being like Subaru etc.

Next vol is when the big action starts, and the supposed Reinhard moon jumping feat.

Will make a CRT when i get some time, shouldn't be much ie Subaru should get some limited form of regen, Regulus gets aura

Gotta ask... What would be the tiers of the God Tiers (Reid, Reinhard, and Satella) after the AP Downgrade? City Level+ like Emilia?

Wonder what's going to happen once Reinhard gets his moon-jumping feat. Like, I am near 100% sure that Rein isn't going to get anything as wild as a certain one punch man's feat of moon-jumping... Well, it might change once Arc 5 gets either a Manga or Anime adaptation but those will probably take as long as Toby Fox finishes up the remaining Deltarune chapters, i.e, a lot of years later from now.

Probably gonna be vague, don't know if Tappei wants to give out anything about the world's structure, so even with an anime I don't know if we will get visuals.

Re Zero world structure is itself a big mystery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back